PDA

View Full Version : x-box 360 and PS3 Price difference

LastFallen
23rd Mar 2010, 14:38
I live in germany and wanted to pre-order my game from Amazon.de. I was going to do but then i noticed that the ps3 version of the game is priced at 69.99euros and plus the shipping wich is another 5euros thats a totall of 74.99euros that is 101.28 american dollers! But thats not it, the 360 version is at 55euros! Now there isn't any difference between them expept the youtube feature. Thats where i stoped and decided to go to a local store. Their prices were axactlly the same, i told them that there is a mistake and that cant be. Thats when the clerk told me that this is happening to most games now a days. Where the ps3 game is priced way above the 360. I asked what the reason is behind this, her anwear was "ps3 games are of better quality due to the fact of the Blue-Ray, and the system its self." Im not ok with this. Im a proud ps3 user and i dont mind the xbox. Im not a fanboy i used to own one but decided to get a ps3 after too many RROD. Even if i still owned one and was still a fanboy i wouldnt be ok with this.

So whats your opinion on this?

MonkeyBanana
23rd Mar 2010, 14:43
If ps3 games cost more money its because of blu-rays, I don't really care because I've been warned for this and if you did a little bit of research before buying your PS3 you would have found it too. Blu-ray is more expensive, fact. But it's not weird to pay more money for better quality.

SkyChat
23rd Mar 2010, 14:44
Ridiculous, where I get my games, everything is priced the same.
Just Cause 2 is 59,95 here for 360 & PS3. That store is ripping you off.

*Because of blu-ray and the system itself* :rolleyes::whistle:

blingnikolaas
23rd Mar 2010, 14:45
If ps3 games cost more money its because of blu-rays, I don't really care because I've been warned for this and if you did a little bit of research before buying your PS3 you would have found it too. Blu-ray is more expensive, fact. But it's not weird to pay more money for better quality.

There's not much difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360. you fanboy :wave:

MonkeyBanana
23rd Mar 2010, 14:46
There's not much difference between the PS3 and the Xbox 360. you fanboy :wave:

Not for multi platform games no. But if they made this game PS3 exclusive it would have looked better I guarantee you.

matonking
23rd Mar 2010, 14:47
xbox game is cheaper than the ps3 version in the UK.

still why does it cost $100 where you are .. $70ish where in the uk ... $30-50ish in america???

why is america always favoured with less prices

SkyChat
23rd Mar 2010, 14:49

still why does it cost $100 where you are .. $70ish where in the uk ... $30-50ish in america???

Regional pricing which is a ripoff anyway, you should check the prices on games in Australia :whistle:

I2ickard
23rd Mar 2010, 14:50
Not for multi platform games no. But if they made this game PS3 exclusive it would have looked better I guarantee you.

What you just said sounds pretty dumb if you ask me.
If they'd make the game exclusively on the PS3 then ofcourse it would be better looking on the PS3.. :scratch:

scou89
23rd Mar 2010, 14:50

because in the uk we pay VAT on everything we buy :mad2:

aieeeee
23rd Mar 2010, 14:51
She's talking rubbish. And the 360 version is the same price here in the UK at all big retailers.

SkyChat
23rd Mar 2010, 14:52
If they'd make the game exclusively on the PS3 then ofcourse it would be better looking on the PS3.. :scratch:

We all know the 360 has a better graphics chip but whatever. :whistle:

I2ickard
23rd Mar 2010, 14:55
We all know the 360 has a better graphics chip but whatever. :whistle:

Uhm, yeah sure, whatever, I couldn't care less, really.

I do not even own a PS3, only an Xbox 360 and a Laptop so I'll get the game on my 360. :thumb:
I was just quoteing him because he stated something stupid, if you ask me.

Duckumz 31

Because we are BROKE, and the economy sucks... JK i dunno but if you ask me its still rape...

MonkeyBanana

I meant it would have looked better then it looks now on the PS3. Because the xbox is less powerful than the PS3 they have to limit the graphics and stuff on the PS3 to. Because if the PS3 version wouldve looked a lot better than the xbox version the xbox owner are going to complain. The xbox limits the ps3 in fact. But I dont really care because the game looks good enough. I just hope Microsoft releases a new console soon because if the xbox keeps devs from doing what they can do it would suck.

I hope you understand lol :rasp:

Stay III
I live in germany and wanted to pre-order my game from Amazon.de. I was going to do but then i noticed that the ps3 version of the game is priced at 69.99euros and plus the shipping wich is another 5euros thats a totall of 74.99euros that is 101.28 american dollers! But thats not it, the 360 version is at 55euros! Now there isn't any difference between them expept the youtube feature. Thats where i stoped and decided to go to a local store. Their prices were axactlly the same, i told them that there is a mistake and that cant be. Thats when the clerk told me that this is happening to most games now a days. Where the ps3 game is priced way above the 360. I asked what the reason is behind this, her anwear was "ps3 games are of better quality due to the fact of the Blue-Ray, and the system its self." Im not ok with this. Im a proud ps3 user and i dont mind the xbox. Im not a fanboy i used to own one but decided to get a ps3 after too many RROD. Even if i still owned one and was still a fanboy i wouldnt be ok with this.

So whats your opinion on this?

My opinion is get a prepaid creditcard and import your games from UK. Oder anders gesagt wenn du so doof bist so viel dafür zu zahlen selbst Schuld.;)

matonking
23rd Mar 2010, 14:57

yes UK has one of the highest VAT charges at 17.5%.. but even so the prices should be set worldwide..

you tell me why a new ps3 in america can still be $200-300 cheaper than the uk? where is the justification in that... because thats MORE than 17.5% tax added on to a base price.

matonking
23rd Mar 2010, 14:58
My opinion is get a prepaid creditcard and import your games from UK. Oder anders gesagt wenn du so doof bist so viel dafür zu zahlen selbst Schuld.;)

oh be da be boo be dee wee tuu fufu too wee be la mu ga

SkyChat
23rd Mar 2010, 14:59
yes UK has one of the highest VAT charges at 17.5%.. but even so the prices should be set worldwide..

you tell me why a new ps3 in america can still be $200-300 cheaper than the uk? where is the justification in that... because thats MORE than 17.5% tax added on to a base price.

Netherlands has 19% and games in UK were always cheaper for us so we import all the time which is good for your economy.

I2ickard
23rd Mar 2010, 14:59
I meant it would have looked better then it looks now on the PS3. Because the xbox is less powerful than the PS3 they have to limit the graphics and stuff on the PS3 to. Because if the PS3 version wouldve looked a lot better than the xbox version the xbox owner are going to complain. The xbox limits the ps3 in fact. But I dont really care because the game looks good enough. I just hope Microsoft releases a new console soon because if the xbox keeps devs from doing what they can do it would suck.

I hope you understand lol :rasp:

Yeah, I understand. =)

Ontopic:
Here in Sweden are the 360 and the PS3's price the same. Computer is a few crones cheapier. (1 dollar = ~6,5 crones)

LastFallen
23rd Mar 2010, 15:01

Habe ich auch und das mache ich auch:D aber das finde ich trotzdem irgenwie dum.:mad2:

scou89
23rd Mar 2010, 15:44
:rolleyes:

dont forget we have to pay for the the all shipping of the game as well as the taxs, :rolleyes: just on of the joys of living on an island :rasp:

LIGHTS
23rd Mar 2010, 17:17
Teach me German.. srsly, I'm German and I haven't a clue how to speak it properly. http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/LlGHTS/valpox/snooze.gif

matonking
23rd Mar 2010, 17:18
Teach me German.. srsly, I'm German and I haven't a clue how to speak it properly. http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/LlGHTS/valpox/snooze.gif

your german?

i thought you were canadian.. and i saw you went to manchester recently?

LastFallen
23rd Mar 2010, 17:25

Your germany but dont know how to speak it. When did you move to Canada?

LIGHTS
23rd Mar 2010, 17:25
Yes, I'm German @matonking ( ) but I'm Canadian, bcuz I live in Canada, just like how we call Americans that live in the states. It's a nationality, not an ethnic group. @LastFallen ( ) I was born in Canada.

GeorgeRobo
23rd Mar 2010, 17:27

Americans pay tax aswell, its just not added until you get to the checkout (online and instore) whereas VAT is added straight on the price in the UK.

eg a £39.99 sticker on a game in the UK includes VAT and everything

whereas

a $39.99 sticker in the USA doesn't include tax which will be added when you take the game to the till or online checkout.

Its very annoying especially when I go to America and forget that I will have to pay more than the actual sticker on the product in the store.

matonking
23rd Mar 2010, 17:34
Yes, I'm German @matonking ( ) but I'm Canadian, bcuz I live in Canada, just like how we call Americans that live in the states. It's a nationality, not an ethnic group. @LastFallen ( ) I was born in Canada.

i was born in scotland and i'm 1/6 english 1/6 irish 1/6 na 'vi 3/6 scottish.. less complicated that way :D

LastFallen
23rd Mar 2010, 18:21

I lived in Canada for 6 years and now im back in Germany so now i have to improve on my german language skills again

LIGHTS
23rd Mar 2010, 18:28
@matonking ( ) o really? I just remembered that I'm also somewhat of alien and jedi decent. :) @LastFallen ( ) Oh, way cool. I know a bit of German, like I can understand and write it pretty well, but like, I don't speak it much and I'd like to get better with the language so.. It's cool if I can learn how to maybe, write a song in German. It's one of my goals!

LastFallen
23rd Mar 2010, 18:53
@matonking ( ) o really? I just remembered that I'm also somewhat of alien and jedi decent. :) @LastFallen ( ) Oh, way cool. I know a bit of German, like I can understand and write it pretty well, but like, I don't speak it much and I'd like to get better with the language so.. It's cool if I can learn how to maybe, write a song in German. It's one of my goals!

well go luck to you!