PDA

View Full Version : Can recorded video clips be stored and viewed locally? (ps3)

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 23:32
Edit: After comparing the 360 and ps3 demos essentially side-by-side, I am going with the 360 version for certain reasons. Below was the original post:

The video record feature is what my purchase is hinging on. However, my internet is crappy, so I won't always be able to take advantage of the "upload" part of it.

What I'm wanting to know is if the videos can be stored and viewed locally on the ps3, or do they immediately get uploaded to youtube where they are only viewable there?

If I can store and view the videos on my ps3, that would be totally worth it. If you HAVE to upload them to youtube to view them, that would not be so good for me. Does anyone have any info on this?

Insane-Rob
22nd Mar 2010, 23:34
I'm 90% certain there's an option to save to hard drive, I remember one of the videos saying something along the lines of "saving to the hard drive means you wont be able to upload to youtube without doing it via a computer"

modernmachine31
22nd Mar 2010, 23:36
if you upload it to you tube you can also have a choice to save it. sadly u cant keep a video then upload it.

STMaraj
22nd Mar 2010, 23:37
You have the option to save it to your hard drive or upload it to Youtube. You can't do both though, like if you choose to upload it, you wont be able to save it to your HDD.

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 23:45
You have the option to save it to your hard drive or upload it to Youtube. You can't do both though, like if you choose to upload it, you wont be able to save it to your HDD.

What? That's retarded..

So, if you choose to save it to your hdd and you watch it, is it a video file, or is it stored as game data and played with the actual engine like Halo 3 replays? You know what I mean right

AutomatedOwner
23rd Mar 2010, 00:20
Ok this is what you can do, You can upload to youtube or save it to the PS3 hard drive. If you save it to the ps3 hard drive you cant upload it DIRECTLY from the PS3 you have to do ti the old fashion way with a USB device

the last baron
23rd Mar 2010, 00:25
The video record feature is what my purchase is hinging on. However, my internet is crappy, so I won't always be able to take advantage of the "upload" part of it.

What I'm wanting to know is if the videos can be stored and viewed locally on the ps3, or do they immediately get uploaded to youtube where they are only viewable there?

If I can store and view the videos on my ps3, that would be totally worth it. If you HAVE to upload them to youtube to view them, that would not be so good for me. Does anyone have any info on this?

Yes you can. It was confirmed you could upload directly to Youtube or put in on your PS3 harddrive. I think I heard this in VLOG 1

jweaver
23rd Mar 2010, 08:57
Yes you can. It was confirmed you could upload directly to Youtube or put in on your PS3 harddrive. I think I heard this in VLOG 1

You can certainly do this, as it was shown in the demo video... But the question still remains (and I asked this at the time).. WHen you upload a video, does it save a copy locally too.. You would think that it would make sense that it did, but I have a feeling that it doesn't.

Jon