PDA

View Full Version : Ps3 or xbox 360?!

00rouchy00
22nd Mar 2010, 20:22
im really stuck on wot to by :( ps3 or xbox? please iw ant honest opinion! and no console wars PLEASE! we are all friends on the jc2 forums no matter which console we own :o:o:o

Generalkillgore
22nd Mar 2010, 20:28
PS3 version has video capture, Xbox 360 version doesn't. Only real difference.

Plus whatever controller/controls you prefer.

CloudWolf
22nd Mar 2010, 20:29
Dude personally (if you mean which console to buy) I would get a PS3, it has blu-ray built in, free online play, and an awsome online store among other features. The games it has exclusive to it are also INSANE e.g Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet (others are coming)

The PS3 version of JC2 is also proven to be BETTER than the 360 version, frame rate is better and it has the AWSOME youtube feature!

I Know this sounds a bit bias towards PS3 but I have played on both and IN MY OPINION the Ps3 is better :D

(please don't flame me 360 fanboy's)

LastFallen
22nd Mar 2010, 20:30
no big difference just the upload feature

Ketchupman95
22nd Mar 2010, 20:30
PS3.
everyone will tell you so ;)

Eros1337
22nd Mar 2010, 20:31
on ps3, internet connection is free. (xbox is 60$ a year). Ps3 has internet browser and blu-ray, so you can player HD movies.

Xbox is cheaper when you don't play online, but makes more noise then ps3.

edit: (actually, i dont know benefits of the Xbox, it has no exclusive features, except the console itself is cheaper, but you have to pay each year 60$, so at the end is even far more expensive than the ps3!!)

Just_Cause_War
22nd Mar 2010, 20:32
PS3 has the video capture feature and slightly better draw distances. Apart from that, no difference.

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 20:32
im really stuck on wot to by :( ps3 or xbox? please iw ant honest opinion! and no console wars PLEASE! we are all friends on the jc2 forums no matter which console we own :o:o:o

Ps3 has recording from the jc2-game-screen and sending it to youtube -thing.
Xbox has music player to play your own songs in jc2

with ps3, you see nicely to far in jc2
with xbox, farlands are bit blurred

with ps3, you can make a text-chat
with xbox, you can make a party for your game

ps3 has trophies
xbox has achievments

ps3 costs more and has better hardware
xbox costs less and has worse hardware - but better "virtual-properties / addons aka. partymaking and stuff"

ps3 has a extremely low change of getting YLOD
xbox has low changes of getting RROD

ps3 has smaller controller and it uses rechargeable batter
xbox has bigger controller and it uses battery which runs out

ps3 has Wlan
xbox has no wlan

ps3 has free online play
xbox has paid online play

DLCs might get slower to ps3
DLCs might get faster to xbox

I like ps3
I don`t like xbox as much as ps3

you might be able to mod xbox-JC2

-- Happy ?

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 20:33
PS3 version has video capture, Xbox 360 version doesn't. Only real difference.

Plus whatever controller/controls you prefer.

While ps3 does have video capture (which is a sweet feature), I much prefer the 360's controller.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure how this applies specifically to JC2, but generally speaking, multi-platform titles look and play better on the 360. I'm not hating on the ps3 at all, there are games that I love on that system. But my general rule of thumb is to buy multi-platforms for the 360.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about the awesomeness of the record feature which uploads directly to youtube.. I'm considering downloading the ps3 demo to see how it plays lol.

Eros1337
22nd Mar 2010, 20:34
While ps3 does have video capture (which is a sweet feature), I much prefer the 360's controller.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure how this applies specifically to JC2, but generally speaking, multi-platform titles look and play better on the 360. I'm not hating on the ps3 at all, there are games that I love on that system. But my general rule of thumb is to buy multi-platforms for the 360.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking about the awesomeness of the record feature which uploads directly to youtube.. I'm considering downloading the ps3 demo to see how it plays lol.

Hehe, maybe the controller is the only benefit of the xbox against the ps3 XD

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 20:35
Hehe, maybe the controller is the only benefit of the xbox against the ps3 XD

Can anyone please link me to something that tells me how the ps3 version is technically superior to the 360 version? Someone here said that it is superior... I just want to see some hard facts -- I'm open to persuasion.

00rouchy00
22nd Mar 2010, 20:35
sorry 4 double post i mean which system to get the game for...

sai927
22nd Mar 2010, 20:39
dude totally go for the ps3

minisam24
22nd Mar 2010, 20:41
ps3 has free online but xbox has xbox live party feature. for jc2 ps3 would be good because of the video feature.Xbox for halo reach ps3 for god of war 3. both great consoles i personally have xbox 360 :D

Stew2000
22nd Mar 2010, 20:46
PS3 has more HDR effect. :)

minisam24
22nd Mar 2010, 20:47
PS3 has more HDR effect. :)

i have to agree :D

Stew2000
22nd Mar 2010, 20:49
Also.. PS3 + HDMI + Excellent Headphones = Epic Picture and Sound.
My god the explosions are good!

jtn
22nd Mar 2010, 20:51
I have both consoles, but ever since i got ps3, my xbox 360 is just lying in dust inside my tv table. ;)

Xe89
22nd Mar 2010, 20:56
Read this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-justcause2-demo-analysis

aieeeee
22nd Mar 2010, 20:59
Is he asking which console to buy or which version of the game to buy?

If you're asking which console to buy I would say the 360.

If you're asking which console version of this game you should buy, then the PS3 version because yes, it's better. It has no vsync tearing in it and it has the in game gameplay recorder feature.

If you're asking should you buy a PS3 to get the best version of this game, then no.

Stew2000
22nd Mar 2010, 21:03
If you're asking should you buy a PS3 to get the best version of this game, then no.

I disagree. The PS3 is a bigger investment and will last alot longer.

DaynNightGaming
22nd Mar 2010, 21:11
I just played the 360 version of the demo at my friend and I must clearly say that you should get the PS3 version cause I saw some heavy lag on the 360 while It have never lag'd on the PS3, may be wrong on his 360 but probably not.

REDWOLF14741
22nd Mar 2010, 21:39
I may be the proud and few players who enjoy the Xbox over the PS3..... sure PS3 has free online and decent graphics but come on man its the Xbox we are talking about..... Xbox 100% PS3 -6,093,345,678,000.34% and a kick in the face....

And if the Xbox lags, its not you Xbox, its the messed up Mexican internet system you use.....

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 21:42
Shut up about the console superiority. Just stop. You're not becoming a better person by saying "HURR XBOX/PS3 ARE BETTER DAN XBOX/PS3". You're just making yourself look like an idiot in the eyes of those who don't give a damn about either console.

HandsomeJoeFrancis
22nd Mar 2010, 21:50
I'm stuck, too. I don't really have a pref to the controllers, and I'm weighing both equally with their respective exclusive feature.

It comes down to-

Xbox has custom soundtracks, and with a sandbox game that's excellent.

PS3 has the upload feature, which is just awesome.

:mad2:

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 21:52
Back on topic..

The video record feature is what my purchase is hinging on. However, my internet is crappy, so I won't always be able to take advantage of the "upload" part of it.

What I'm wanting to know is is the videos can be stored and viewed locally on the ps3, or do they immediately get uploaded to youtube where they are only viewable there?

Eros1337
22nd Mar 2010, 21:52
If you're asking which console to buy I would say the 360.

Why you don't tell why you would buy one? Not one person that prefer an xbox tell why. Only that: 'It's better'.

Tell me some good reasons why you would prefer an xbox, and not a ps3. TELL MEEEEEE :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Rocket Propelled Rocket
22nd Mar 2010, 23:07
I have a feeling that this thread will be closed soon.

maxthemax100
22nd Mar 2010, 23:21
I have a feeling that this thread will be closed soon.

It will.... NOW

JakeD.Parker
22nd Mar 2010, 23:31
ps3 would have the video capture and 360 doesnt, they look the same, run the same but to me games alwaays looks better on ps3, the lighting seems better, i dunno though up to you

Stay III
22nd Mar 2010, 23:37
If you want screen tearing buy the 360 version.

lukeman3000
23rd Mar 2010, 00:55
Hey guys, take a minute and read what I have to say if you're on the fence about the 360 and ps3 version.

This is the first time I have ever really been on the fence about a multi-platform title. I always buy all of my multi-platform games for the xbox 360, hands down. As a general rule of thumb, games simply look and play better on the 360. I love my ps3 to death, but the only reason I love it is for the great first-party exclusives that they put out. While some people will own both systems and still prefer to buy multi-platform titles on their ps3, it all comes down to personal preference.

What I'm trying to do is help influence your opinion towards what I think to be the better choice, personally. And it's not because I like the ps3 over the 360 or vice versa, it's simply because I think it's the better all-around package.

Contrary to what you may be thinking, I'm going with the 360 on this multi-platform title, yet again. While that may seem odd given comparison to the ps3 version and its inclusion of a particular feature, I assure you that I have my reasons.

First of all, I personally prefer the xbox 360's controller over the ps3's. This is just plain personal preference, but I find it to be more comfortable and more well-suited for first and third person shooters than the ps3's controller.

Secondly, and perhaps most debatable, I think that the graphics of the xbox 360 version of Just Cause 2 are superior by a little more than just a slim margin. I have a 50", 1080p Panasonic V10 (http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-tx-p42v10-tx-p50v10-20090602153.htm). In case you don't know, they are one of the best plasmas on the market, especially in their price range. They come pre-calibrated with a THQ-certified picture mode, but I don't use it because I think it too heavily tints the picture with yellow (again, personal preference).

Suffice to say, I've got a pretty decent set up, and we haven't even talked about sound (think "tactile"...)

I downloaded the demo on both the 360 and the ps3 and fired them both up at the same time. Unfortunately, the V10 doesn't support picture in picture for 2 hdmi inputs, but I simply switched between the two and was able to get a good enough "side-by-side" comparison.

When the ps3 demo loaded up, I noticed that everything had a very "angular" look, for lack of a better word. Rico's character model in particular seemed to have pretty jagged edges when viewed against sand. The same holds true to pretty much all other objects in the game. While switching between the 2 demos, I kept noticing how much "smoother" and more vibrant the 360 version looked when compared to the ps3. I even turned off motion blur in the 360 demo, but I honestly could not tell much of a difference, even after free-falling at rapid speeds.

While the ps3 is very much playable and by no means shoddy, I would have to say that the 360 is definitely superior in terms of graphics. It is simply smoother, more vibrant, and just "better-looking", again, for lack of a better word. It is hard to put into words how the 360 version looks better, but I think it has a lot to do with the "blockyness" and angularity that seems to be much more evident in the ps3 version.

Reading this (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-justcause2-demo-analysis) demo comparison was what started to get me thinking about the ps3 version. By it's account, the ps3 version is just as good, if not better, than the 360 version, but in reality, all it addresses in detail is the vsync and framerate. Trust me, the framerate of the 360 game is not any noticeable better or worse than the ps3 version. I have pumped hours into the demo, and I have never experienced the framerate chugging, or even exhibiting any real signs of difficulty with keeping up with what I'm doing. It is very smooth indeed. Additionally, I have never noticed any screen tearing. While I'm sure this may occur given the results of digital foundry's tests, it is on such a minimal level that it's hardly worth mentioning.

Some of you, like myself, may be worried that you are missing out with the ps3's video record feature. Well, that is definitely a shame that it wasn't included with the 360 version (why not?), but consider this: you can accomplish the same thing buy investing $50 or less into a quality video capture device which can then be used to record ALL your games. What you get with the ps3 version is simply the convenience of having it all rolled into one neat little package.

It's also fair to mention that I think that the ps3's video recording feature automatically records the last 30 seconds of gameplay at any given time. I could have the number wrong, but I think I remember hearing something about this. If that's true, then that definitely has an advantage over a conventional capture device, which you may not want turned on and recording all the time (or simply forget to). However, you could rig up a similar setup with a third party video capture device.. just hit "record" before you start playing, and overwrite the same file each time you play if nothing cool happened. That way, you don't take up an inordinate amount of space on your hard drive each time you want to play and record everything.

I'm not even going to mention the 360's and the ps3's online capabilities and requirements in this argument, because they have no bearing on this game. The only exception is if you like to constantly be in party or private chats with your friends, then whichever system you have your favorite friends on might play a role in your decision, but I hope that wouldn't be the case.

Overall, I feel strongly about the 360 version. You have to weigh the pros and cons: mainly the graphics and the record feature. Personally, I won't use the record feature much, but if I ever want to, I will make a small investment in a third-party capture device, as this would be useful to have anyways. Since that option can be added, the 360 version is the obvious choice for me. The ps3 may already have a recording and uploading feature, but its graphics cannot get any better by any means at this point in time.

I would like to reiterate that I am not a 360 or ps3 fanboy in any way, shape, or form, as I own and enjoy both consoles. I am open to all arguments and opinions, and I'm simply sharing my own with you all. Hopefully it will help someone in their buying decision.

NovaSilisko
23rd Mar 2010, 00:58
^^^^ That post deserves it's own thread which should be stickied and subsequently locked.

IVIAKAV3L1
23rd Mar 2010, 01:03
I have both and prefer PS3.

lukeman3000
23rd Mar 2010, 01:06
I have both and prefer PS3.

Care to elaborate why? The more reasons people see for one side or another, the better decision they'll be able to make.

Peardan
23rd Mar 2010, 01:08
Ps3 has video capture and xbox 360 allows custom music.

TamaterHater
23rd Mar 2010, 02:23
360s frame rate stays the same at all times while PS3 doesn't... funny how RedPillow left that out... I wonder why?

lukeman3000
23rd Mar 2010, 02:41
360s frame rate stays the same at all times while PS3 doesn't... funny how RedPillow left that out... I wonder why?

Because it's so negligible that it's not worth mentioning.

From digital foundry's article (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-justcause2-demo-analysis):

"Also note that the PS3 game runs without a frame-rate cap while overall maintaining an average just a notch below 30FPS - just like Xbox 360."

stp366
23rd Mar 2010, 03:01
PS3 may or may not have the best graphics but if not it is not enough for most players to notice. Looking at the past history for both and looking ahead to the future,the PS3 has to be considered the console with the best outlook ahead.

Stew2000
23rd Mar 2010, 10:23
Has anyone tried playing music on the PS3 while it's running?

aieeeee
23rd Mar 2010, 11:34
Why you don't tell why you would buy one? Not one person that prefer an xbox tell why. Only that: 'It's better'.

Tell me some good reasons why you would prefer an xbox, and not a ps3. TELL MEEEEEE :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Well, tbh, the PS3 is good for PS3 exclusives but that's really it when it comes to games and there aren't that many AAA PS3 exclusives worth buying a PS3 for.

90% of cross platform games are always better on the 360. The 360 has a better online service. DLC doesn't cost as much as DLC on the PS3. The 360 pad is better in all honesty.

The 360 is cheaper (erm, yeah, not always a good thing though I'm lookign at you RRoD >_>)

One question though, are you playing in HD? If not, forget the PS3. The PS3 is an awful system if you're stuck in standard definition. There's no 60hz option and a lot of games don't run as well on it in standard definition because of this.

Tbh honest the only reason I'd buy (and bought) a PS3 is for the exclusives and in all honesty the only exclusives worth buying a PS3 for are God of war 3, Uncharted 1 and 2, Killzone 2, MGS4, erm, can't actually remember what else. I wouldn't buy one for the Blu-ray player because it's not that good as a stand alone blu-ray player.