PDA

View Full Version : JC2 (PC) is 100% STEAM game only, right?

piemonster777
22nd Mar 2010, 17:02
I just want to verify that JC2 (PC version) is a 100% STEAM only game, correct? All retail versions of this game are STEAM only and I'll be able to type in my CD key and activate it on STEAM, right (no disc needed afterwards)? Also, does this game support STEAMWORKS including achivements and cloud saves?

It's actually not that clear on the STEAM page so I'd figure I'd ask it here. I'm really looking forward to this game.
:D

gibbed
22nd Mar 2010, 17:11
As posted in other threads, all signs currently point to all retail copies being Steam-activatable.

chickenchief
22nd Mar 2010, 18:12
You might need the disk. You use steam to install and register your game, but after that i am not sure if you need the disk or not. My guess is that you can just play it without it.

Smithno13
22nd Mar 2010, 19:15
Cloud saves are for sure supported by steam, and I am sure achievements will be added with release.

Scarn
22nd Mar 2010, 19:53
You might need the disk. You use steam to install and register your game, but after that i am not sure if you need the disk or not. My guess is that you can just play it without it.

yea you dont need CDs for steam games once you download it you have it. which mean you can go on any other computer and play as long as you log in and the computer is compatable.

piemonster777
22nd Mar 2010, 20:59
Cloud saves are for sure supported by steam, and I am sure achievements will be added with release.

Cloud saves are my number one reason for getting the PC version over the 360 version. I can always jump on the PC upstairs if the wife want's to watch TV downstairs (and vice/versa). Also, I'm expecting this game to be very long so I'm sure wife is not going to let me hog up the TV every night.

jaywalker2309
22nd Mar 2010, 21:57
The game is 100% steam, so as soon as its installed and registered to your steam account thats all you need

SuperSanch0
22nd Mar 2010, 22:27
There is also 50 achevements:D

piemonster777
23rd Mar 2010, 01:15
The game is 100% steam, so as soon as its installed and registered to your steam account thats all you need

Awesome! Thanks! Can you verify cloud saving as well (sorry to be a stickler about it)?

jaywalker2309
23rd Mar 2010, 08:10
Yes there is steam cloud

piemonster777
23rd Mar 2010, 16:35
Yes there is steam cloud

Awesome! It looks like I'll be getting the PC version after all!

DaCommando
23rd Mar 2010, 17:09
I have a friend that isn't even buying JC2 because of the Steam support...claiming the game will have "no resale value"

Well sucks to be him...I'm gonna let my GRANDCHILDREN play this game =D

Oh wait...wouldn't that be account sharing?...nuts...