PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Assists for healing?

HereticSage
14th Mar 2014, 04:16
Doesn't have to be a tremendous amount of exp, just a token acknowledgment that healing alchemists contributed if someone they healed recently scored a kill.

PencileyePirate
14th Mar 2014, 06:42
+1, totally agreed.

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 07:41
That reminds me, why not have healing arrows or something for the other classes to even things out? In order for it not to leave them without their regular attack it might have to be either a toggle or the arrow could be spawned when the ability is charged up of something. Maybe it could be an area attack like thwt rain of arrows ability that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

PencileyePirate
14th Mar 2014, 07:51
That reminds me, why not have healing arrows or something for the other classes to even things out?

Disagree. It helps class balance for there to only be one with a team-healing ability; this is the reason there's usually a separate medic class in many class-based games.

Saturnity
14th Mar 2014, 07:53
It would definitely encourage alchemists to play more supportively.

That reminds me, why not have healing arrows or something for the other classes to even things out? In order for it not to leave them without their regular attack it might have to be either a toggle or the arrow could be spawned when the ability is charged up of something. Maybe it could be an area attack like thwt rain of arrows ability that I can't remember the name of at the moment.

If anyone's likely to get new healing skills, it'll be the next human class.

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 10:44
It would definitely encourage alchemists to play more supportively.

If anyone's likely to get new healing skills, it'll be the next human class.

Not that I mind either way, but there haven't been any rules laid out that say "this class is a healing class and that one is not". It's simply that the alchemist is the only one that's been given that so far. I mean the classes are different, but no one's said anything about RPG archetypes like "this is out version of a white mage".

HereticSage
14th Mar 2014, 11:46
Not that I mind either way, but there haven't been any rules laid out that say "this class is a healing class and that one is not". It's simply that the alchemist is the only one that's been given that so far. I mean the classes are different, but no one's said anything about RPG archetypes like "this is out version of a white mage".
Tbh, I like the game with minimal healing. It would be crazy if it were ever possible to heal tank.

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 16:17
Tbh, I like the game with minimal healing. It would be crazy if it were ever possible to heal tank.

I mean I *don't* want a "white mage" class or any traditional archetype in this game. Besides, what's to stop everyone picking alchemist if they wanted to do that? I don't think people would want to swap out their attacks for healing too often anyway, since the attacking is generally the fun part.

PencileyePirate
14th Mar 2014, 16:52
Besides, what's to stop everyone picking alchemist if they wanted to do that?

4 sentinels.

Khalith
14th Mar 2014, 17:26

Clearly you've never played a game with two healing alchemists, with the right support for them it's a headache, sentinels don't make much of a difference against really two good scouts with war bows.

Vampmaster
14th Mar 2014, 17:36
4 sentinels.

That doesn't physically stop you from selecting them. It just makes it a bad idea to do so.

PencileyePirate
14th Mar 2014, 23:44
Clearly you've never played a game with two healing alchemists, with the right support for them it's a headache, sentinels don't make much of a difference against really two good scouts with war bows.

Doesn't that support his point? It'd be much more of a headache if Scouts could heal teammates as well.

Khalith
15th Mar 2014, 01:15
Doesn't that support his point? It'd be much more of a headache if Scouts could heal teammates as well.

My point was that a human team can heal tank already.

HereticSage
15th Mar 2014, 01:25
My point was that a human team can heal tank already.
With proper use of choking haze, it's really easy to negate because it requires area control.

AnomalyXIII
15th Mar 2014, 10:29
I do think it would be an interesting idea to allow alchemists to get the same +10 experience bonus while healing allies as vampires get when they successfully execute. But since whether or not she would be healing anyone would be dependent not only on her own skill, but her allies cooperation, it might be difficult to set the parameters. I mean obviously she couldn't get the +10 every time she used the ability or people would just spam it constantly regardless if it were useful at the time.

Still, it'd be nice if there was some incentive for Alchemists to choose more of a support role for the rest of the team.

RemovedQuasar
15th Mar 2014, 12:19
What? I tought that alchemist already received XP for healing. I suck with alchemist so...yes pls add this :D

HereticSage
15th Mar 2014, 12:49
What? I tought that alchemist already received XP for healing. I suck with alchemist so...yes pls add this :D
You do, but your efforts don't show up on the scoreboard.

RemovedQuasar
15th Mar 2014, 13:18
You do, but your efforts don't show up on the scoreboard.

Oooooh! Well thank you for the information, now i can buy the healing skill. :D