PDA

View Full Version : Realistic Wish List: Things which COULD be added to JC2

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 13:21
Edit: When I say "realistic" as in achievable.. not "realistic" as in more like real life.. I don't want the game to be any more "realistic", I just want to make a list of problems/features which are "realistically achievable".

I would like to start a 'wish list' of features which could/should be added to JC2... I know something similar has been done before, but I don't want this to descend into a list of major additions which would be difficult to add (i.e Multiplayer).. I would just like to keep a list of fairly easy changes/features which could (and should) be added... If its successful I will keep the top page edited with peoples suggestions and hopefully MCM will take note....

So for me, its:

1. 1st Person View in Vehicles (Specifically Planes) - It seems a waste that you can fly fast jets at low altitude and not get the sense of speed once experienced with a First Person View...

2. Rudder on Planes (May be difficult now that the control scheme is fixed, but it should be possible.. The flight engine is remarkable, but its so frustrating not being able to turn at slow speeds (i.e when landing) without dipping the wings.

3. Photo mode (Either to capture a still at the same resolution as the game, or better still a hi-res photo, re-rendered at a high resolution).. For me, this is more important than the Video Mode as "a picture speaks a thousand words.

4. Analogue Throttle in Planes (at the moment, you pull the brake and you get Minimum, you no button is Medium and when you accelerate you get Full).. There are only 3 settings.

5. Sticky Throttle in Planes.. As you press the accelerator, the revs should increase and then stay there.. As you press the brake, the revs should decrease and stay there.. This would give a much more realistic feel and would allow for greater to control. Infact, why limit this to Planes.. Boats, would benfit from this too.. JakeD.Parker referred to this as 'cruise control"

6. Free look when Parachuting.. Whats the point of a video mode (PS3) and a game focused on stunts if you can't actually look at what you want to see. Even a rear view with R3 would be better (Thanks to AnonymousDigit for the R3 idea).. It annoys me that you fly a plane into something to create a spectacular crash, but you jump out at the last minute and miss the actual impact as you can't look around.

7. Non-Resetting Camera: When you are in a vehicle and use the right stick to look around, it resets back if you don't touch it for a few seconds.. This is frustrating if you are trying to watch something spectacular or look for something.. This could be an option in the settings menu??

8. Adjustable view distance (how far away the camera is from Rico): Since this is already implimented on the PC Demo, I guess there is a hope that the final (console) release will have this.

That my wish list.. The rest are yours:

A. An option to disable Crosshairs. (for better Screenshots) -p4nd4fri3nd

B. Much easier way to get into planes and helicopters once you've jumped out of them. - BANZAI

C. Allow "Lb" to fire your weapon while riding a motorcycle (or other vehicles) - Lukeman3000 - Removed. Lb/L1 is the 'grapple release' button.. However this would be resolved if request number D below was implemented.

D. Controller Customization/re-mapping on Console Versions. - Lukeman3000

E. Ability to film/view from a fixed position (Imagine a camera on a tripod) -alien_guy - I initially rejected this as it doesn't seem like an 'easy fix'.. But there is no doubt that something like this exists, as this is how the "Anatomy of a Stunt" series were 'filmed'.. Something like this must already be available in some form, so it might not be too hard to implement it.. Although I have my reservations that this actually exists in a form that an end user could use...

F. Altimeter on HUD - RedPillow

G. Video Capture mode on 360 - Pretty much the entire 360 Community

H. Shifting to Stunt position in a vehicle should not release the grapple to something you are dragging - RedPillow

I. Dead body should stay active for more than 7 seconds if its 'active' (i.e being grappled to something) - Multiple Users

CloudWolf
22nd Mar 2010, 13:33
I would like it so if you nose dive in a plane you get the NNNEEEAOOOWW sort of noise ( you know what i mean ;) )

good list though!

rigo14
22nd Mar 2010, 13:39
i would change the title if i were you.

i do want things changed too, but to make the game more realistic then i disagree.

i like your points though.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 13:43
i would change the title if i were you.

i do want things changed too, but to make the game more realistic then i disagree.

i like your points though.

"realistic" as in achievable.. not "realistic" as in more like real life..

I don't want to make it any more "realistic".. I just want to make a list of problems/features which are "realistically achievable".

Jon

AnonymousDigit
22nd Mar 2010, 13:43
6. Free look when Parachuting.. Whats the point of a video mode and a focus on stunts if you can't actually look at what you want to see.I want this one the most^, i hope people keep complaining about it because then it will most likely get added in a future patch for ps3/360/pc.

I would be happy just being able to press R3 to look behind while parachuting.

ronaldo9
22nd Mar 2010, 13:47
I want the bodies to disappear only when you dont use them or watch them.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 13:49
I want the bodies to disappear only when you dont use them or watch them.

The problem with this is that its not achievable (I don't believe).. If there was infinite resource (memory) and graphics power, then they would stay around for ever.. But they have to disappear, just because thats how the game engine works and runs like it does.. I don't think for a second that they make the bodies disappear, just to annoy people. I wonder if they could change the 'priority' of which bodies disappear when, but I don't think this is an easy/quick fix.

Jon

JakeD.Parker
22nd Mar 2010, 13:55
cruise control for planes, cars, boats, rudder for planes and im all good :)

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 13:58
cruise control for planes, cars, boats, rudder for planes and im all good :)

Thats pretty much what I mean by:

5. Sticky Throttle in Planes.. As you press the accelerator, the revs should increase and then stay there.. As you press the brake, the revs should decrease and stay there.. This would give a much more realistic feel and would allow for greater to control.

So you can set a given RPM/Speed and leave the controls alone...

Ctykil
22nd Mar 2010, 14:46
Yeah. mabey is tail steerings for planes a good idea too.:)

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 14:52
Yeah. mabey is tail steerings for planes a good idea too.:)

aka 'rudder' :) Thats included in my list.

mHtt
22nd Mar 2010, 14:54
imagine taking out a city with 3 friends?

o shiii

all they need to do is add 3 new player models and storylines.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 14:57
imagine taking out a city with 3 friends?

o shiii

all they need to do is add 3 new player models and storylines.

This is ment to be a 'realistic' list.. Something which is easily achievable... Something like Multi-Player would be a vast under-taking.. I realise it would be brilliant and I would give my right arm for it.. But do I think that its 'easily achievable'? No!... I don't want to cloud this list with options like this, as I want to focus on issue that they might be able to fix..

Jon

p4nd4fri3nd
22nd Mar 2010, 15:00
There should be an option to turn crosshairs completely off (for better Screenshots).

BANZAl
22nd Mar 2010, 15:04
Ability to toggle cheats.

VTOL.

Much easier way to get into planes and helicopters once you've jumped out of them.

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 15:06
--Xbox 360--

This is as realistic as it gets -- Allow "Lb" to fire your weapon while riding a motorcycle or other similar vehicle preferably in addition to "Rb", or instead of. As it stands, "Lb" does absolutely nothing while riding a bike, and it would feel much more intuitive for firing your gun than "Rb".

Pressing "Rb" means I have to either take my finger off the gas to fire my gun, or I have to accelerate with my middle finger while firing with my index finger, which feels completely awkward.

Or, allow more control customization so this can be achieved.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 15:28
Ability to toggle cheats.

VTOL.

Much easier way to get into planes and helicopters once you've jumped out of them.

Cheats? There may be a way already which we don't know abotu yet.

VTOL? They have already stated that this is not going to happen as they felt it just didn't work.

But the last option I will put on the list, even though I have no experience of this 'problem' myself...

Jon

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 15:35
Cheats? There may be a way already which we don't know abotu yet.

VTOL? They have already stated that this is not going to happen as they felt it just didn't work.

But the last option I will put on the list, even though I have no experience of this 'problem' myself...

Jon
What problem are you talking about?

Edit- I see you added mine to the list -- thanks. Are you a 360 user? That's the version that I will be getting tomorrow and the version that I have demo experience with.

wicket2961
22nd Mar 2010, 15:36
video capture for sharing

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 15:37
What problem are you talking about

I am using a PS3 and since I have only played the demo so far, and am not really interested in the road vehicles, I havn't encountered (or was even aware) of the problems using guns on Bikes.. But I will take your word for it, as what you say makes sense (and as you have spotted, I have added this to the list)

Jon

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 15:38
PS3... Which of your concerns relates to the 360 specifically?

The whole "pressing Lb to fire while riding a motorcycle thing" refers to being able to fire your gun with the left bumper of the xbox 360 controller. Sorry if you were trying to keep this ps3 specific, I wasn't aware. But nonetheless it's quite annoying for an average 360 user. Thanks for adding it to the list though.

You might want to specify "xbox 360" next to that one in particular, but I don't know if a similar issue exists with the ps3 controller or not.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 15:41
video capture for sharing

PS3 has this already.. MCM has already stated that they have no plans to add this on the 360, and I would guess that you can achieve this on the PC using 3rd party software.

Jon

Sande
22nd Mar 2010, 15:42
2. Flaps in Planes (May be difficult now that the control scheme is fixed, but it should be possible.. The flight engine is remarkable, but its so frustrating not being able to turn at slow speeds (i.e when landing) without dipping the wings.

That's rudder, not flaps. Flaps are those thing that extend from the wings and allow slower flight without stalling.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 15:45
That's rudder, not flaps. Flaps are those thing that extend from the wings and allow slower flight without stalling.

OOppps.. What was I thinking.. How did I write "FLAPS".. I was thinking rudder.. I keep banging on about rudder.. how did I write flaps!!! I will correct that right away...

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 16:01
This is a good list you have got going here, I particularly like all the ones about the camera. It seems like the game was a little rushed.

llx Todd xll
22nd Mar 2010, 16:04
10. Allow "Lb" to fire your weapon while riding a motorcycle (or other vehicles) - Lukeman3000

LB is L1 right but L1 or LB is the grapple release.

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 16:08
LB is L1 right but L1 or LB is the grapple release.
Yeah I'm not sure what Lb on the 360 equates to on the ps3, but you're probably right.

About the grapple release -- You can't use your grapple while riding the bike, Lb does absolutely nothing while you're driving.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:13
Yeah I'm not sure what Lb on the 360 equates to on the ps3, but you're probably right.

About the grapple release -- You can't use your grapple while riding the bike, Lb does absolutely nothing while you're driving.

Doesn't it disconnect the grapple IF you have something attached to the bike before you get on?

Jon

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 16:15
Doesn't it disconnect the grapple IF you have something attached to the bike before you get on?

Jon

Crap, you may be right. Hahaha I totally forgot about that. I wish they would swap Rb and Lb when you are driving a motorcycle then

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:16
Crap, you may be right. Hahaha I totally forgot about that. I wish they would swap Rb and Lb when you are driving a motorcycle then

OK.. I will update my list...

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 16:17
OK.. I will update my list...

Thanks, sorry for being an idiot

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:20
Thanks, sorry for being an idiot

Idiot? Not at all... Not everyone thinks that people who ask questions are 'idiots'... It not a stupid request by any means.. Its easy to forget what each button does....

lukeman3000
22nd Mar 2010, 16:21
Idiot? Not at all... Not everyone thinks that people who ask questions are 'idiots'... It not a stupid request by any means.. Its easy to forget what each button does....
Thanks. Yeah that guy was totally right when he said it was "grapple release" and it does carry over into riding a vehicle.

Edit: I know this may sound strange, but I do like the grapple being left bumper. For that reason, it would be nice if they implemented an option to "Swap Lb/Rb when in a vehicle" that could be enabled or disabled. I know that's picky, but hey, I've got nothing else to talk about before the game comes out tomorrow lol.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:36
Thanks. Yeah that guy was totally right when he said it was "grapple release" and it does carry over into riding a vehicle.

Edit: I know this may sound strange, but I do like the grapple being left bumper. For that reason, it would be nice if they implemented an option to "Swap Lb/Rb when in a vehicle" that could be enabled or disabled. I know that's picky, but hey, I've got nothing else to talk about before the game comes out tomorrow lol.

I know the feeling :) Why do you think I am putting together this list?? I keep hoping that someone will just come along (MCM?) and say.. Don't worry, we have a day one patch which fixes all of that.. Not likely to happen though, is it?

alien_guy
22nd Mar 2010, 16:37
Regarding cameras and stuff I would like to be able to set up an ingame tripod with camera that you can use for screenshots andset up to record something, so you could aim it at the gas station and drive into it so that the camera records it exploding :)

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:44
Regarding cameras and stuff I would like to be able to set up an ingame tripod with camera that you can use for screenshots andset up to record something, so you could aim it at the gas station and drive into it so that the camera records it exploding :)

Fantastic idea.. But its not the sort of thing that I want on this list, as this isn't something easily achievable.. Perhaps we could do a 2nd list of stuff that we want which isn't quite so easy..

For example, Multiplayer, tripod camera, etc

Saying that, this must already exist in some form, as this anatomy of the stunt series of videos seems to show footage from other camera angles.

Jon

alien_guy
22nd Mar 2010, 16:47
Saying that, this must already exist in some form, as this anatomy of the stunt series of videos seems to show footage from other camera angles.

Jon

Yeah so if it already exists it's easily achievable so it would go on the first list

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 16:55
Yeah so if it already exists it's easily achievable so it would go on the first list

OK... Good point.

AnonymousDigit
22nd Mar 2010, 17:11
7. Non-Resetting Camera: When you are in a vehicle and use the right stick to look around, it resets back if you don't touch it for a few seconds.. This is frustrating if you are trying to watch something spectacular or look for something.. This could be an option in the settings menu??You can keep the vehicle camera in whatever view you want without it getting reset by holding down L1, but it resets if you let go of L1.

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 17:17
You can keep the vehicle camera in whatever view you want without it getting reset by holding down L1, but it resets if you let go of L1.

That sounds like more of an unintentional bug.. What if you are grappling something? Won't L1 let go of it? If anything you are more likely to want to look around when you are grappling something, won't you just let go of it?

Jon

AnonymousDigit
22nd Mar 2010, 17:30
That sounds like more of an unintentional bug.. What if you are grappling something? Won't L1 let go of it? If anything you are more likely to want to look around when you are grappling something, won't you just let go of it?

Jon
.I just tested it and yes it lets go of whatever you have grappled to your vehicle, but if we are going to bring anything to mycoldman's attention that we want fixing/adding in a future patch, I would say the #1 thing should be pressing in R3 to look behind while parachuting.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 17:33
I would say the #1 thing should be pressing in R3 to look behind while parachuting.

Agreed.

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 17:37
Altimeter.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 17:38
Altimeter.

I've heard there is one in the PDA but I'm not completely sure.

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 17:50
I've heard there is one in the PDA but I'm not completely sure.

Not useful from there, we need to see it in real time to time basejumps better and stuff :]

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 19:33
Agreed.

Good one.. Adding to the list.

Jon

Menthalion
22nd Mar 2010, 19:42
The parachute isn't really a problem with the default cam distance, but that if you look down on Ricoh ever so slightly with whatever FoV, the cam gets "pushed" to Rico by the parachute that would be in the viewcone otherwise. If the chute wouldn't count as obstacle for the cam algorithm, and would be disabled/turned translucent if the cam is over the chute, it would help immensely.

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 19:43
Good one.. Adding to the list.

Jon

Uhm, It was me who suggested the altimeter .. :hmm:

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 19:45
Uhm, It was me who suggested the altimeter .. :hmm:

Oooppss. Sorry. Quoted the wrong post.. Will update the list..

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 19:48
Here's a suggestion actually from me: Firing a shell with the tank gives a bit of recoil(makes it rock back and forth). Could possibly be used as propulsion.

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 19:54
Oooppss. Sorry. Quoted the wrong post.. Will update the list..

No problem, I just :nut: when I don`t get the proper credits :cool:

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 19:58
Here's a suggestion actually from me: Firing a shell with the tank gives a bit of recoil(makes it rock back and forth). Could possibly be used as propulsion.

Propulsion? In what way? Under what circumstances?.. To be honest, I have no idea whether this is a god suggestion or not. I want the list to be things that Avalanche can fix and the community want.. I don't want to put anything stupid down (I am not saying your suggestion is stupid, I just don't know) as it will undermine what we are trying to achieve?

Anyone care to 2nd this suggestion?

RedPillow
22nd Mar 2010, 20:03
Propulsion? In what way? Under what circumstances?.. To be honest, I have no idea whether this is a god suggestion or not. I want the list to be things that Avalanche can fix and the community want.. I don't want to put anything stupid down (I am not saying your suggestion is stupid, I just don't know) as it will undermine what we are trying to achieve?

Anyone care to 2nd this suggestion?

It creates realism for sure, but the studio doesn`t aim for that.
It would suck when driving and shooting forward - the tank would slow down, this would be good thou - if the cannon is rotateable --> shooting for speed boost.

But I don`t know - more random-features = more stuff to do ?

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 20:39
Armageddon mode

aliens land ,attack and have 20 times health of the highest damage enemy in the game

The only way to stop the invasion is to kill 200,000 aliens and after 200,000 you have to kill the head alien which has 100 times health and if you die before killing him another wave of 5,000 aliens invade.

The aliens are green and are re-skinned ninjas ,they have aircraft which are re-skinned fighter jets.

It's realistically doable ,just re-skin the ninjas green , add higher damage stats, re-skin some of the aircraft , re-skin some of the weapon to look like laser guns add damage stats and there you go.

Armageddon mode is DLC 800 points

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 20:50
Armageddon mode

It's realistically doable ,just re-skin the ninjas green , add higher damage stats, re-skin some of the aircraft , re-skin some of the weapon to look like laser guns add damage stats and there you go.

Yes, its doable.. But the whole point of this list is for things which are quick/easy.. Camera views.. HUD info... Control schemes.. A whole new game mode is out of scope for what I am trying to achieve.. Sorry.

Jon

brauny
22nd Mar 2010, 21:11
Be able to open parachute while on motorbike so you can jump off of a cliff open your shoot and glide down to land on the ground.

I would like to be able to drop guns aswell so you can will not have any guns and it will look better on screenshots and stuff

well u can pull the chute on a motorbike and he holsters the gun if u run for a lil bit

Menthalion
22nd Mar 2010, 21:14
If control schemes are allowed, I would like a way to rebind and/or enable/disable every specific 360 control. Keep it Xinput to make it more doable, but at least we can use the Xinput 360 emulator to bind our own controllers.

See my PC forums thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=103519)

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 21:43
Yes, its doable.. But the whole point of this list is for things which are quick/easy.. Camera views.. HUD info... Control schemes.. A whole new game mode is out of scope for what I am trying to achieve.. Sorry.

Jon

oh so your the developer of Just Cause 2? my bad

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 22:00
oh so your the developer of Just Cause 2? my bad

Stop acting like a spoilt kid... I just want to put forwards a list of features/addition which are achievable and in general wanted by the majority of the community... Something like an entire new game mode is out of scope for what I am trying to present to Avalanche and arguably only wanted by you.. If I go down the route of suggesting something specific and diverse like this, then the next thing is Multiplayer.. And then Dinosaurs and from there who knows what.. If we do this, then the list will simply ignored.

As long as we keep this list filled with things which are generally accepted as neccessary and achievable then perhaps the developers will do some of it....

Bottom line, If you want this mode, or you don't like my decision to put it on my list, make your own list..

WADE13x
22nd Mar 2010, 22:07
planes don't just blow up on impact

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 22:11
Armageddon mode

aliens land ,attack and have 20 times health of the highest damage enemy in the game

The only way to stop the invasion is to kill 200,000 aliens and after 200,000 you have to kill the head alien which has 100 times health and if you die before killing him another wave of 5,000 aliens invade.

The aliens are green and are re-skinned ninjas ,they have aircraft which are re-skinned fighter jets.

Armageddon mode is DLC 800 points

I'm sorry but that's really an awful idea...this is Just Cause 2...not a Science Fiction game...

jweaver
22nd Mar 2010, 22:13
I'm sorry but that's really an awful idea...this is Just Cause 2...not a Science Fiction game...

I was trying to be diplomatic with my responce, but in fairness you have hit the nail on the head there...

alien_guy
22nd Mar 2010, 22:19
Be able to open parachute while on motorbike so you can jump off of a cliff open your paraschute and glide down to land on the ground in the motorbike and then drive away

Lolinator
22nd Mar 2010, 22:47
http://img689.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img689/3933/roflcoptert.jpg&action=rotate

Rofl Copter Needed!!! Maybe Future DLC? :)
Well Probaly Not :D

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 22:53

That's what she said

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 22:54
That's what she said

You people use it when it doesn't even make SENSE, dammit!

llx Todd xll
22nd Mar 2010, 22:58

No if you have something dual-hooked you can release it with L1/LB on a Vehicle

Rocket Propelled Rocket
22nd Mar 2010, 22:59
That's what she said

Like I said in a different post, I thought this game was for a MATURE audience only.

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 23:02
I was trying to be diplomatic with my responce, but in fairness you have hit the nail on the head there...

Oh I'm sorry I thought Just Cause 2 was a no rules barred type game where imagination and creativity was the common theme, throwing all rules of physics and realism out the window for sake of pure unbridled fun.

But hey I'll play your little thread that's been done 1,000 times over if you care so much.

How about a functional crouch button that let's you shoot while crouched instead of forcing the player to stand up when you go to shoot.

Oh wait there's already a dozen threads where I've said this 2,000 times, my bad carry on forum douche cleaners .

And by the way response is spelled wrong but I was trying to be diplomatic.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 23:04
I should create "The Laws that govern Internet Dynamics"

7: Everyone is better than everyone else.

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 23:07
You people use it when it doesn't even make SENSE, dammit!

Honestly dude figure it out people only say it because it gets your goat , you even made a long whiney thread about useless threads and useless posts, so think about it dude you create your own nightmare.

But I'll back off I see it's causing you distress

Instead of becoming forum wannabe MOD just contribute ideas and or topics related to the thread,honestly I only said it because I know your a bit to immature to just shrug it off or simply look for another thread that suits your taste.

But on topic I would like see added to Just Cause 2 , the PC multiple grapple mod, if it hasn't already been said , in that case I second that motion.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 23:09
But on topic I would like see added to Just Cause 2 , the PC multiple grapple mod, if it hasn't already been said , in that case I second that motion.

Avalanche had their own reasons for not doing that. Besides being overpowered, having too many grapples would definitely start to lag the game. It's fine if it remains an optional mod, it just wouldn't be good having it be mandatory.

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 23:15
Avalanche had their own reasons for not doing that. Besides being overpowered, having too many grapples would definitely start to lag the game. It's fine if it remains an optional mod, it just wouldn't be good having it be mandatory.

Do you care to use any sources for you reasoning behind your post or is it an assumption? Has Mycoldman stated this in the forums?

I know this has been talked about extensively in this forum and would like to here it from an official source if it has been said.

I've seen successful PC videos of the multiple grapple, I suspect the console versions lack the power to handle the extra physics of the extra grapples.

If the consoles can handle it , it would make a nice DLC option IMO

WADE13x
22nd Mar 2010, 23:17
I should create "The Laws that govern Internet Dynamics"

7: Everyone is better than everyone else.

LOL win

Insane-Rob
22nd Mar 2010, 23:23
The higher amount of camera control is probably the primary issue, with the video capture it makes sense to have more precision on the angles and direction of the camera while driving/chuting ect.

The crouch is also something I agree on, is L3 used for anything currently? That seems like a common configuration for crouching.

Overall a great list, with any luck it will be taken into consideration.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 23:25
Do you care to use any sources for you reasoning behind your post or is it an assumption? Has Mycoldman stated this in the forums?

I know this has been talked about extensively in this forum and would like to here it from an official source if it has been said.

I've seen successful PC videos of the multiple grapple, I suspect the console versions lack the power to handle the extra physics of the extra grapples.

If the consoles can handle it , it would make a nice DLC option IMO

I'm only assuming. It just doesn't seem really necessary. I would like to get a statement from MCM, though.

supertom
22nd Mar 2010, 23:33
I know it probably won't happen. But I'd love to have some sort of record option DLC on the 360 version. Forget the youtube feature. I just wanna save videos onto my HDD. I don't know why this wasn't implemented in anyway?

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 23:35
The higher amount of camera control is probably the primary issue, with the video capture it makes sense to have more precision on the angles and direction of the camera while driving/chuting ect.

The crouch is also something I agree on, is L3 used for anything currently? That seems like a common configuration for crouching.

Overall a great list, with any luck it will be taken into consideration.

Yes I would prefer a total manual camera control option and/or at least in the menu options can toggle between what we have now (call it cinematic camera) and another option full manual control.

It looks like the current camera is focused primarily on cinematic approach , like when you turn the car around how the camera follows the car like a movie director,while this is kool I would like a manual control option meaning I have complete control with no auto centering or that quirky zoom in while in parachute.

Also Rico does have crouch now but as soon as you go to shoot or even crouch walk he stands up, instinctively I went to crouch assuming better accuracy while shooting and he always stands up when you press the fire button so really there is no use to crouch since you can't even crouch walk.

AssassinAgent47
22nd Mar 2010, 23:48
I know it probably won't happen. But I'd love to have some sort of record option DLC on the 360 version. Forget the youtube feature. I just wanna save videos onto my HDD. I don't know why this wasn't implemented in anyway?

Rumor mill is MS is working on some sort of capture option for 360 , not just for Just Cause 2, but all 360 games.

In the meantime if your abit tech savvy you can buy a dazzle online ,just google abit on this.

There are some quite stunning videos from XBOX 360 games on YouTube in 1080p also from the much more expensive HD PVR device from Hauppauge.

Keep in mind with these devices you can record every game you own and upload it to youtube or wherever.

youtube dazzle instructions 360 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tqimzNN4sc)

supertom
23rd Mar 2010, 00:11
I'm not asking for anything complicated. Just an "instant replay" type feature, that allows you to save the file. Like Forza 3 or Skate.

jweaver
23rd Mar 2010, 09:33
I have added "Video Capture/Instant Replay for the 360" on the list.

Jon

SkyChat
23rd Mar 2010, 09:36
Rumor mill is MS is working on some sort of capture option for 360 , not just for Just Cause 2, but all 360 games.

In the meantime if your abit tech savvy you can buy a dazzle online ,just google abit on this.

youtube dazzle instructions 360 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tqimzNN4sc)

They gave us Facebook so now all we need is a screenshot feature and a direct upload feed to Facebook.

It doesn't take a genius to figure that out :)

RedPillow
23rd Mar 2010, 09:45
How about this:

When you have grappled something to i.e helicopter, you must release it to got to stunts position, where you hang from the copter.
My suggestion is, that you could have like temporary dual-grapple, so you ca hang from the stunts position as well as keep the vehicle attached to the flying helicopter.

This would make jumping to the vehicle easier in the air - and you could send a plane going with the vehicle still attached.

jweaver
23rd Mar 2010, 09:50
How about this:

When you have grappled something to i.e helicopter, you must release it to got to stunts position, where you hang from the copter.
My suggestion is, that you could have like temporary dual-grapple, so you ca hang from the stunts position as well as keep the vehicle attached to the flying helicopter.

This would make jumping to the vehicle easier in the air - and you could send a plane going with the vehicle still attached.

So you are basically saying "Shifting to Stunt position in a vehicle should not release the grapple to something you are dragging"

I see a similar use for this "temporary" grapple.. I am not keen on the way that when you are trying to scale something tall, you have to grapple, and then jump off and re-grapple.. It doesn't feel natural to me and its easy (atleast to me) to mess it up and fall.. I assumed that when you are hanging on a building, you could then grapple another spot and move on...

Jon

RedPillow
23rd Mar 2010, 09:56
So you are basically saying "Shifting to Stunt position in a vehicle should not release the grapple to something you are dragging"

I see a similar use for this "temporary" grapple.. I am not keen on the way that when you are trying to scale something tall, you have to grapple, and then jump off and re-grapple.. It doesn't feel natural to me and its easy (atleast to me) to mess it up and fall.. I assumed that when you are hanging on a building, you could then grapple another spot and move on...

Jon

Yeah, with climbing the guy could launch second grapple and hold-on the wall till the 2nd is done, this might be harder to change thou - he currently jumps off the wall and stuff, besides its easier to get to some spots cause of the jump - How about a feature, that you could hold on to the wall, and walk on a little bit with the grapple on the wall ?

P.S Im from Finland, and I suck @ explaining things in English ;S

jweaver
23rd Mar 2010, 14:58
Added an item to the list where a dead body should stay active if you are still 'playing' with it.

Jon

Stew2000
26th Mar 2010, 13:12
A gun with a silencer would be nice to have. Maybe a PPK.

heisert
26th Mar 2010, 14:04
Plz add custom music support to Just Cause 2 PS3! This would be the perfect Game to turn on our own Music and cruise the island. Plz Dev patch it! Try Google there are many Players they want that Feature so much in Just Cause2.

btw.: Its in since FW 2.40 here is a Sony DEV Video (http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/40/209.572)
Its easy for Devs to turn the Function on.
Many Games got the XMB Custom Music right now. Some other Games got a intern Custom Solution... but the default XMB would be ok for all newer Games + easy to turn on.

Cyc2u
26th Mar 2010, 14:28
1) Radio stations in vehicles.
2) Be able to carry 999 ammo.
3) Fishing! :D

Mianeye
26th Mar 2010, 14:48
Ai drivers seam way to slow, speed em up so car surfing with chasing military could be a tiny bit more fun.Freeway is in slowmo....Why? it's a freeway, pedal to the metal.

The speed of the first chase/getaway mission would be fine...

Menthalion
26th Mar 2010, 15:01
Unified ammo system (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=104485) per weapon type (1H / 2H / Explosives)

JC2 lover
26th Mar 2010, 17:31
my problem is that the i noticed the black market prices are WAY TO HIGH!
in the first game you unlocked heavy drops, you didnt have to pay for them when u unlock them, now we have money could it be that you just have to make a one time payment then its unlocked and free from then on????
any one agree ???

Ceano
26th Mar 2010, 17:43
1. Option to run the game in first person view.
2. Real safe houses.
3. Armory where you can store your weapons.
4. Garage, harbor and airfield where you can park your vehicles.

Malakhai
26th Mar 2010, 18:31
1. 1st person view in vehicles
2. Speedometer in vehicles
3. Movement while crouching
4. More places to pick up ammo for grenade launcher (and bubble gun lol) if you dont have it unlocked in black market, its useless after 20 shots and its alot of fun to play with.
5. A ridiculously fast jet to make travel faster (i like the scenery rather than extraction), and would just be plain fun

Stew2000
26th Mar 2010, 18:35
Bookmarks, Pushpins, something so you can find your fav places.

JustCauseStunting
26th Mar 2010, 18:35
How about this:

So, while hanging at stunt position under a helicopter, you can attach a vehicle/human to the helicopter you mean? That would be a lot easier. Because you have to land first and only then you can attach something to it. Great idea, but maybe a little bit hard for a patch or something... I don't know where the limits are, and what they can change with a simple patch. Maybe they can give some information about it, and where the limits are.

MrDoubleMan
26th Mar 2010, 20:08
throw c4 while stunt jumped on helicopter.

DarkMellie
28th Mar 2010, 07:18
Something I'd really like is for the AI to either continue driving when they encounter a firefight or go spastic and really hightail it out. Hate being in a gun battle and trying to slingshot exit but you can't because all the vehicles have stopped... it's just not epic enough!

werebeagle
28th Mar 2010, 07:53
AI get back into vehicles if you try to run away, instead of just run after you, even if they came in a jeep, which is right next to them.
Enemy Boats actually circle around yours, instead of going up to it, turning around, and running away.
more vehicles the military use in fights(APCs, armored boats, jet fighters, armored cars)
the ability to shoot with a one handed weapon in open boats and cars with windshields.
different types of challenges
replayble missions
black market price reduced.

Birdmannaz
28th Mar 2010, 10:23
1. Option to run the game in first person view.
2. Real safe houses.
3. Armory where you can store your weapons.
4. Garage, harbor and airfield where you can park your vehicles.

We need somewhere to put that recently purchased 737.

Also it would be cool to see some wildlife about. Maybe I'm dreaming but it would be cool to chase camels in the desert, tether them and drag them back to a ranch for some sort of reward. Either way animals would make the game more interesting out of town.

wicket2961
28th Mar 2010, 10:41
Health packs from the black market.. There are very few in the just cause world.

Djaydo
28th Mar 2010, 10:46
Health packs from the black market.. There are very few in the just cause world.

Then it's too easy...

Stew2000
29th Mar 2010, 16:38
A european and japanese 4x4 would be nice.
Like a Disco3 and Pathfinder (bad examples but you get the idea).
The only sensible ones in game are the jeeps and hummers driven by the military.

billabong42
29th Mar 2010, 16:48
1) A 'shopping trolley' at the black market so you can buy more than one thing at once.
2) Limited edition content should be free in the game, or A LOT cheaper.
3) Cheaper guns.
4) Option to remove offset camera (make it right behind rico).
5) Glitch reporting!

lostatneverseen
29th Mar 2010, 16:50
i would like to see alot more pedestrians and more activity from them, like farmins and stuff, especially in the jungle areas, not just urban areas.

Ketchupman95
29th Mar 2010, 16:51
you should be able to grapple the clothes off of sexy women :D

Stew2000
29th Mar 2010, 16:54
you should be able to grapple the clothes off of sexy women :D
What sexy women?!

Ketchupman95
29th Mar 2010, 20:33
What sexy women?!

don't know I don't have the game yet :(
get it in 2 or 3 days..

SmC12
29th Mar 2010, 21:14
What sexy women?!

Bolo Santosi :nut::lol: LOL jk

1) I would like to be able to pick more than one thing from the Black Market.
2) The ability to go skiing (I was just checking out the huge ski slope with the chair lift things and everything and i saw a pair of skiis on the ground and thought it would be nice if you could use them.)
3) More populated areas, the capital city just doesn't feel like a Capital city. (and the framerates are bad in the city) Also in the villages etc. you should see people farming and doing things that people would do.
4) This is more something that shouldn't have been added but i'll put it down anyway. I think there should be less military at airports etc. I just want to go and fly a plane without having to deal with 100's of respawning enemies. Once you kill them they shouldn't come back after 5 mins.
5) More aircraft, I like the planes in JC2 but i think they could have been better. More fighter jets would have been good (i was expecting more than 2 aircraft with weapons) like for example an F-16, or F-22 raptor or even a stealth bomber would have been cool.

That's all i can think of for now. I love JC2 but there are just some things that i feel could have been done better.

But even whithout these things the game is still amazing, and there's always DLC, and JC2 seems to be one of very few games where the Dev's actually listen to the fans requests. So who knows... :)

SuperTom88
29th Mar 2010, 21:25
Photo mode is a great idea. Wish I'd thought of it lol. Now that's a feature that can be introduced.

MadCatChiken
29th Mar 2010, 21:37
More control of vehicles, by this i mean for example the large cargo boat. Be able to move those ramps down so you can easily load cars onto it, raise the ladder on the fire truck etc things like that. One of the military boats looks like it has depth charges on the back of it aswell.

JustCauseStunting
29th Mar 2010, 21:59
If you buy the chaos parachute, Close the game and start again, you lost it. I'd like to see that fixed.

BANZAl
29th Mar 2010, 22:15
Just so you know OP, apparently the whole issue with getting back into Helicopters has been fixed...So you can go ahead and remove that;)

xMrRictusx
29th Mar 2010, 23:14
wing suits

choketokill
30th Mar 2010, 01:10
I kinda wish u could para-sail, Like on the back of cars/boats small airplanes.

M60dk
30th Mar 2010, 01:24
A "screw-around" mode, where you don't get a chopper on your ass for blowing up some cars. I think that some of the fun in the game is being aprupted by the military kicking in all the time. Especially when playing on hardcore they can be a real pain.
Maybe you could get this as a reward for finishing something in the game.