PDA

View Full Version : So Any Australian fans still waiting for this game? Sign here!

GamerForever
21st Mar 2010, 05:52
I'm a Melbournian to be exact :) and I'd just like to know if there are any others. The Australian release is not until April 1st, which sucks. but still, I'm sure we'll be able to work through that rough patch, lol.

So if ur an Australian, sign here and let ur voice (or text in this case) be heard! If ur not an Aussie, stop by and tell us what part of the world you are from.

Signed: GamerForever

Icyclez
21st Mar 2010, 05:55
I'm a Melbournian to be exact :) and I'd just like to know if there are any others. The Australian release is not until April 1st, which sucks. but still, I'm sure we'll be able to work through that rough patch, lol.

So if ur an Australian, sign here and let ur voice (or text in this case) be heard! If ur not an Aussie, stop by and tell us what part of the world you are from.

Signed: GamerForever

i like ur enthusiasm:thumb:

Deadman
21st Mar 2010, 06:03
Hey fellow Aussie, did you hear the great news?
Michael Atkinson, the bane of gaming and logic, has announced he will retire in 2014, joy to the country.
I'm just glad his idiotic views haven't gotten this game censored too.

b1gsmk
21st Mar 2010, 06:45
i'm finding the wait excruciating myself
from Melbourne btw getting the limited edition

and yeah. . .

Hycore
I live in Brisbane can't wait for this gonna be epic, Yea 1st of April, i have pre-ordered + not that long NOW :)

shokwave
Another aussie here. I've been checking the local storess hoping that some silly person has put out the game a few weeks early. No luck :(

croswat
21st Mar 2010, 06:56
Gold Coast here, pre-ordered limited edition about 2 weeks ago... and yeah.. shame we get 1st april D:

everyones gonna be having fun, while we will be waiting still..

IAMTHEONE119
21st Mar 2010, 07:07
i live 200kms north of adelaide
i thought it was march 26 we were gettin it but i went to ebgames on thursday i found out it was may 1:eek:, i almost had a heart attack but went along with the preorder, i got home and had a phone message saying its actually April 1

lolz, i prefer the april 1 over may 1:cool:

abba44
21st Mar 2010, 07:10
I'm from Melbourne and I preordered at game I went to EB and they said it comes out in April didn't give me exact date so I thought screw them so I went to game they said it comes out 1st of April in Australia so I preordered and got a free game

shokwave
21st Mar 2010, 07:29
I'm from Melbourne and I preordered at game I went to EB and they said it comes out in April didn't give me exact date so I thought screw them so I went to game they said it comes out 1st of April in Australia so I preordered and got a free game

EB have to be the dumbest store ever. For someone who's supposed to specialize in games, they know jack$h!t about anything. I went to Kmart to price a game they had in stock, then i went to EB a few shops down and asked them if they had the same game. They guy looked it up on his little screen under the desk and told me the games been delayed and doesn't have a date for it. I told him "that's funny, the game came out in Kmart last week and i'm off to buy it coz you wouldn't know what a console is". I never shop at EB. They sell brand new games for $110 and pre-owned same game for $99? WTF?

Sushi Train71
21st Mar 2010, 07:38
Hate how they're playing games with us, (Pun intended) no Australian option on their JC2 official website, Australia gets JC2 a week later! We pay more for games that are pressed and printed in our region. Total crap. I guess it doesn't matter though, we get to live in the best country in the world! Go Brisbane!

Consider this SIGNED. MOFOS!!

b1gsmk
21st Mar 2010, 07:39
EB have to be the dumbest store ever. For someone who's supposed to specialize in games, they know jack$h!t about anything. I went to Kmart to price a game they had in stock, then i went to EB a few shops down and asked them if they had the same game. They guy looked it up on his little screen under the desk and told me the games been delayed and doesn't have a date for it. I told him "that's funny, the game came out in Kmart last week and i'm off to buy it coz you wouldn't know what a console is". I never shop at EB. They sell brand new games for $110 and pre-owned same game for $99? WTF?

the prime reason for shopping at EB is the 7 day return policy which has saved me hundreds of dollars from games that either suck or i've finished in a week also they pricematch any other store so the price is nothing to worry about

and no i don't work for EB

also my local EB has really nice knowledgeable staff who love a good chat about enything to do with games but then again there's another EB i went to in Sydney and they were horrible. . .

oh and the other reason for shopping at EB is the fact that they are the only ones with the JC2 limited edition.

Sushi Train71
21st Mar 2010, 07:44
oh and the other reason for shopping at EB is the fact that they are the only ones with the JC2 limited edition.

Yeah, thats the only reason I went with them, I still feel dirty though :mad2:

GamerForever
21st Mar 2010, 07:47
Another aussie here. I've been checking the local storess hoping that some silly person has put out the game a few weeks early. No luck :(

Thats so funny, I've been doing the exact same thing. I asked an employee today about an early release, and she said if she sold a copy early, not only would she be fired, but the company would also be fined $20,000. Ouch!

The Just Cause Exile
21st Mar 2010, 07:48
Sup. I'm from Toowoomba QLD, and I almost killed myself when I heard JC2 was getting released late for us. oh well.

b1gsmk
21st Mar 2010, 07:50
Yeah, thats the only reason I went with them, I still feel dirty though :mad2:

i always feel dirty when i shop there . . . it is inevitable

shokwave
21st Mar 2010, 08:17
the prime reason for shopping at EB is the 7 day return policy which has saved me hundreds of dollars from games that either suck or i've finished in a week also they pricematch any other store so the price is nothing to worry about

and no i don't work for EB

also my local EB has really nice knowledgeable staff who love a good chat about enything to do with games but then again there's another EB i went to in Sydney and they were horrible. . .

True, they do the 7 day return policy, but i just don't buy games that suck in the first place :). I usually rent them or borrow them from someone i know first to see if i like it, and i never finish games within 7 days because of work, kids, other hobbies, etc.

As for the limited edition, JB Hi-Fi always have limited editions. Even if you don't pre-order it, my local JB just hands out the limited edition anyway when you go in to buy it.

If anyone finds a retailer selling early copies of JC2, please post, or buy a few extra copies:)

NovaSilisko
21st Mar 2010, 08:18
I live in the US and I'll sign.

Provided you promise never to use Comic Sans MS again =p

Sushi Train71
21st Mar 2010, 08:21
As for the limited edition, JB Hi-Fi always have limited editions. Even if you don't pre-order it, my local JB just hands out the limited edition anyway when you go in to buy it.

Apparently this time is different though, only EB have the 5 DLC items here in OZ when you pre-order.

lachie99
21st Mar 2010, 10:38
its a shame but its better then nuthin

SIGNED Lachlan

b1gsmk
21st Mar 2010, 11:24
Apparently this time is different though, only EB have the 5 DLC items here in OZ when you pre-order.

EB are getting more aggressive in this respect

they are getting exclusive deals to be the only ones to stock special editions

Helegad
21st Mar 2010, 11:30
I'm getting it from Steam, which means it's the 27th of March for me, even though I live in Aussie land too.

SUX2B the rest of youse! :D

bcdownloads
21st Mar 2010, 13:49
Fellow melbournian too.
Pre-Ordered LE edition from...E...EB...Games :scratch:
April 1...im gonna give them a call maybe friday and try to get it then :D
Wishfull thinking I know, but god damn its worth a shot!

Signed : BCD

b1gsmk
21st Mar 2010, 14:12
Fellow melbournian too.
Pre-Ordered LE edition from...E...EB...Games :scratch:
April 1...im gonna give them a call maybe friday and try to get it then :D
Wishfull thinking I know, but god damn its worth a shot!

Signed : BCD

let us know how that goes but i don't have high hopes for you . . . i mean they have it flash up red if the release date isn't right i have tried before. . .

Generalkillgore
21st Mar 2010, 17:05
1st of April, eh? April Fools much?

I feel sorry for you Australians, some people already got the game a few days ago. But I guess it's worth the wait.