PDA

View Full Version : The grapple and whale (may contian SPOILERS!!!)

Akrupa45
21st Mar 2010, 03:33
This is for any of the people that were dumb enough to pirate the game; is thegrapple hook really stronger than the one in the demo, and (this is a bit random, but I gotta know) has anyone found the dead whale? And if anyone has, please post a picture!

sammich
21st Mar 2010, 04:07
Why is this "beached whale" drawing so much hype?

NovaSilisko
21st Mar 2010, 04:08
Why is this "beached whale" drawing so much hype?

You apparently can move it around. Do you not see the appeal in killing people with a whale suspended from a helicopter?

sammich
21st Mar 2010, 04:10
You apparently can move it around. Do you not see the appeal in killing people with a whale suspended from a helicopter?

I can think of 1,000 different things I would like to do with a beached whale and a helicopter, but what makes you guys think this whale is going to be anything more than a concrete like texture, no blood and gore, etc.

If the whale is life like, with moving parts, and tears to pieces etc, then I see the appeal, but I doubt its that way and I think you guys are severely over hyping it.

NovaSilisko
21st Mar 2010, 04:12
One of the devs said something about "Can you refrain from doing something politically incorrect with it" or something along those lines. It implies you can move it.

sammich
21st Mar 2010, 04:13
When I say concrete like texture I mean its going to be dead stiff, and bounce off of things similar to the way vehicles and everything else does.

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
21st Mar 2010, 04:16
You apparently can move it around. Do you not see the appeal in killing people with a whale suspended from a helicopter?:lol::lol::lol:

DaynNightGaming
21st Mar 2010, 05:04

really?..AWESOME! I am so gonna dual-hook it to a passanger plane and try to stay in the air whit a whale on my tail and make it slam into buildings:D

well.. I dont think its true cause what will you do after you have flown the whale across the whole island or when you have flown it up on a mountain and see it slide down the mountain? will it just pop up a new whale at the beach?

Sushi Train71
21st Mar 2010, 08:19
have a whale of a time? what? someone had to say it.

sniped90
21st Mar 2010, 13:01
no whale, don't get excited..friend has the game on 360 and said there is NO whale at all..i was excited too:(

pc folk will make a mod though probs.:hmm:

DarkJee
21st Mar 2010, 13:18
lol yes, there is a whale, your friend only doesnt know where to find it

Liberator mk.II
21st Mar 2010, 13:18
no whale, don't get excited..friend has the game on 360 and said there is NO whale at all..i was excited too:(

pc folk will make a mod though probs.:hmm:

The devs already said it was there, so he obviously just hasnt found it yet..:rolleyes:

matonking
21st Mar 2010, 13:19
The devs already said it was there, so he obviously just hasnt found it yet..:rolleyes:

the devs said that there are island OUT OF THE MAP... like the map ( pressing select ) .

so maybe you have to go out to sea somewhat to find the island with it on..

DaynNightGaming
21st Mar 2010, 14:29
the devs said that there are island OUT OF THE MAP... like the map ( pressing select ) .

so maybe you have to go out to sea somewhat to find the island with it on..

Wait, really? are there islands that you cant see on the map? or do you mean the tiny islands at the border of the map?

Fatha
21st Mar 2010, 15:07
does it or doesn't it exist a whale in the game?

mungo6000
21st Mar 2010, 15:40
Whoever has the game and said it isnt there, they should look at the limited edition map and go to all the spots.

Bolo Santosi
21st Mar 2010, 16:48
In the panau tribune it says the whale is in south east coast of panau in the Selatan Archipelago, if you dont know were that is check on the intel map :)

RedPillow
21st Mar 2010, 17:10
I can think of 1,000 different things I would like to do with a beached whale and a helicopter, but what makes you guys think this whale is going to be anything more than a concrete like texture, no blood and gore, etc.

If the whale is life like, with moving parts, and tears to pieces etc, then I see the appeal, but I doubt its that way and I think you guys are severely over hyping it.

Only 1,000 - what a shame :[

matonking
21st Mar 2010, 17:26
Wait, really? are there islands that you cant see on the map? or do you mean the tiny islands at the border of the map?

there are easter egg islands which contain something very special ( something about zombies ) that are not seen on the main map at all.

thats one of the first things i'll be looking for in the game lol

Toxicdude12
21st Mar 2010, 18:29
if i found it i would use it as a wrecking-ball then roflcopter to the beach & throw the smelly thing back in the water or on top of the mile high club

CloudWolf
21st Mar 2010, 19:50
there are easter egg islands which contain something very special ( something about zombies ) that are not seen on the main map at all.

thats one of the first things i'll be looking for in the game lol

Dude they mentioned it on panau island live but i think they were joking :(

I hope they wern't though!

RedPillow
21st Mar 2010, 19:53
For the love of god mycoldman, PLEASE confirm this topic - if its true or not, you don`t have to say anything else about it if its true.

Enkeixpress
21st Mar 2010, 19:55
The dead sperm whale is believed to contain a fairly large amount of the collectibles.. You need to blow it up! :D

reefer
24th Mar 2010, 00:56
No one has found it yet???

deadfox77
24th Mar 2010, 01:20
For the love of god mycoldman, PLEASE confirm this topic - if its true or not, you don`t have to say anything else about it if its true.

redpillow gets +1 cookie

Zenin
24th Mar 2010, 01:23
the island is the whale...

something john locke would say..

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
24th Mar 2010, 04:11
Nah,no whale is an island. :D

shokwave
24th Mar 2010, 07:57
Here's the proof.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvx87P0m2mQ

RedPillow
24th Mar 2010, 08:05
Here's the proof.

HOLY MOTHER OF GAWD - IT'S THE WHALE O_O
Lift it up with a copter or something?

YOU CAN EXPLODE IT :DDDDD
THANK YOU AVALANCHE STUDIOS!!!!!

Zenin
24th Mar 2010, 08:06
Here's the proof.

jeez its real..to bad you can play with it.

ALSO WHALE ARMOUR FTW!!!

RedPillow
24th Mar 2010, 08:08
jeez its real..to bad you can play with it.

ALSO WHALE ARMOUR FTW!!!

Im not sure, if you realize but ..
ITS THE GOD DAMN WHALE !