PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle wear.

TurnpikeFire
21st Mar 2010, 01:05
I've noticed in the demo that a vehicle that spawned dirt-free and clean will begin taking on some serious sand and grit, changing the appearance as you drive it (without rolling it 14 times over a traffic cone at 97 miles per hour.)

Anyone heard anything about how this wear will translate as you drive from the desert into the rain (wash off?,) snow (snow replaces sand?) ect?

NovaSilisko
21st Mar 2010, 01:06
If you put your vehicle in the water while it's dirty, it will clean it off. Helicopter + Dirty Car = Panauan Car Wash

Jonathan
21st Mar 2010, 01:45
if you put your vehicle in the water while it's dirty, it will clean it off. Helicopter + dirty car = panauan car wash

hahaha

JC2 lover
21st Mar 2010, 02:04
im sooo gonna do that!!

Enkeixpress
21st Mar 2010, 02:22
I have yet to see if a vehicle's dirty-ness can be washed off by driving around in the rain.. as the only time it rained in the demo for me with the time-glitch was when I was driving a helicopter.. I liked the rain & lightning effects.

KubaD
21st Mar 2010, 13:43
I have yet to see if a vehicle's dirty-ness can be washed off by driving around in the rain.. as the only time it rained in the demo for me with the time-glitch was when I was driving a helicopter.. I liked the rain & lightning effects.

There is no rain in demo cause it takes place in the desert.

Flaire
21st Mar 2010, 13:53
There is no rain in demo cause it takes place in the desert.

There is if you glitch it and go outside of the boundaries

d_gr8_acidrain
21st Mar 2010, 14:47
The same 'washing off' effects are both vehicle and rico related. For example I'm sure everyone notices that in the demo you start kind of 'clean' then as you move you becoming 'dusty' and when you go to the water area in the demo and dive in you come out wet effect and washed off. Really cool I think.

I thought this thread was going to be how when you hit a small bush with a car it looks like you took out a 200 pound deer at 80 mph.

longboardskier
21st Mar 2010, 16:09
I thought this thread was going to be how when you hit a small bush with a car it looks like you took out a 200 pound deer at 80 mph.

:lol: But that IS a valid question!

alien_guy
21st Mar 2010, 16:13

yeah that's soo anoying, I steal a car and 5seconds later it is completely mangled WTF I want to look cool when driving round not like i'm poor and blind

MrExplosive
21st Mar 2010, 16:16
I thought this thread was going to be how when you hit a small bush with a car it looks like you took out a 200 pound deer at 80 mph.Yes, but the trees made of cardboard evens it out. :D