PDA

View Full Version : The manual isn't in color.. -.-

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 23:25
opCoJvK8k8c

That is a huge problem for me.. :D

I like my game manuals in color, not cheap black & white.. :(

I won't be buying the game now, Cancelling my pre-order of the ps3 limited edition right now as we speak. :mad2:

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 23:26
You mocking people who aren't buying the game over trivial things(similar to that)?

STMaraj
20th Mar 2010, 23:27
sarcasm to the max

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 23:28
Yeah, It's just a joke.. :lol:

I ain't cancelling my pre-order.. Heeeel no! .. If I do that, I might aswell be dead. :D

Chucky
20th Mar 2010, 23:30

I won't be buying the game now, Cancelling my pre-order of the ps3 limited edition right now as we speak. :mad2:

You're only gonna read it once or twice so it doesn't matter :whistle:

UberG00n
20th Mar 2010, 23:31
haha you might as well be dead... well said, I feel the same way, though I do agree I prefer to see them in colour... shows a bit of quality though the pure awesomeness of the game makes up for every thing that anyone will ever find wrong with the game :D

Gunmaster
20th Mar 2010, 23:32
I never read the manual, well maby once while it is installing ha ha..next to that PS3!!!

Flaire
20th Mar 2010, 23:36
That's normal edition, you never know, the limited edition manual might be in colour...
/hopes

LIGHTS
20th Mar 2010, 23:38
I try not to read manuals @Gunmaster ( ) but it's a bad thing not to do something that is really important listed in the manual, like removing bolts from front load washers before you use them. I've had people on the phone asking why their new washing machine is dancing across the floor so I ask them if they removed the transit bolts, and they go.. 'What bolts?' http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/LlGHTS/amazed.gif Did I welcome you yet, bcuz I don't think I did.. Hey there ;).

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 23:39
I try not to read manuals @Gunmaster ( ) but it's a bad thing not to do something that is really important listed in the manual, like removing bolts from front load washers before you use them. I've had people on the phone asking why their new washing machine is dancing across the floor so I ask them if they removed the transit bolts, and they go.. 'What bolts?' http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/LlGHTS/amazed.gif Did I welcome you yet, bcuz I don't think I did.. Hey there ;).

:wave:

... :flowers:

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 23:45
Wait a minute. You live in the UK. And you spelled it "Color"

WHAT KIND OF BRIT ARE YOU, MAN?

Grapplemeplane
20th Mar 2010, 23:49
Wait a minute. You live in the UK. And you spelled it "Color"

WHAT KIND OF BRIT ARE YOU, MAN?

MY GOD you're right he might be an American :confused:

Drecker225
20th Mar 2010, 23:51
I was like " you've gotta be kidding me " lol

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 23:54
No, I am british.. I love in London. I actually spell it both ways, whichever comes to my mind first. :)

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 23:56
I think I'm the only American that prefers "Colour" actually.

LIGHTS
20th Mar 2010, 23:56
Canada has a London too >:] We're just like you @Enkeixpress ( )

Gunmaster
21st Mar 2010, 00:00

I only read game manuals..maby twice...or when i'm bored but what's your freakin point lol

ZeroXX7
21st Mar 2010, 00:02
hmmmmm while i know this is sarcasm i sort of do agree with you, i miss when i manual was a good read while you came home from the shops, with nice pictures and a detailed preview of the game, now its just controls, heres the HUD and there done :(

NovaSilisko
21st Mar 2010, 00:04
Thread derailment failure, disengaging.

:whistle:

RIPYOURCARINHALF
21st Mar 2010, 10:34
the only time i read is when i see a game manual or a NUTS! mag :D

The Just Cause Exile
21st Mar 2010, 10:37
opCoJvK8k8c

Lol he doesn't even own a ps3, in fact, he has been known to dispise them!

Deadman
21st Mar 2010, 11:26
You're only gonna read it once or twice so it doesn't matter :whistle:

People still read game manuals?
Wow, 90's flashback

deadfox77
21st Mar 2010, 11:39
Canada has a London too >:] We're just like you @Enkeixpress ( )

AHAHAHA i live in london canada!

MonkeyBanana
21st Mar 2010, 11:42
Lol he doesn't even own a ps3, in fact, he has been known to dispise them!

He recently bought one but anyways. The manual isnt in color, guess I better get my color pencils then.

RIPYOURCARINHALF
21st Mar 2010, 12:03
He recently bought one but anyways. The manual isnt in color, guess I better get my color pencils then.
llmao
can you colour mine in for free? :wave::flowers:

MonkeyBanana
21st Mar 2010, 12:03
llmao
can you colour mine in for free? :wave::flowers:

I can even do it with paint if you would like to :rasp:

Japester3k
21st Mar 2010, 12:06
Sometimes I wonder why games still have manuals, 99% of games have built in tutorials, some of them unskippable. :p

MonkeyBanana
21st Mar 2010, 12:08
Yea I know what you mean but tutorials most of the time just have a little bit more detailed information and you can look it up quickly, I see no reason not to include them..

Just Because
21st Mar 2010, 12:10
I do agree that the manual should be in colour... I've owned nearly every console: the Commodore, Sega Saturn, NES, SNES and so on, and I loved collecting and reading the manuals. They used to be a good read, now they're just one page of controls, one page of how to turn on your console, and one page talking about warranty. But still, you gotta buy the game!!

MonkeyBanana
21st Mar 2010, 12:11
I do agree that the manual should be in colour... I've owned nearly every console: the Commodore, Sega Saturn, NES, SNES and so on, and I loved collecting and reading the manuals. They used to be a good read, now they're just one page of controls, one page of how to turn on your console, and one page talking about warranty. But still, you gotta buy the game!!

You should read the manual of Assassins Creed II, its more of a story than most other new games

Deadman
21st Mar 2010, 12:13
I see no reason not to include them..

I do, manuals are a waste of paper, we waste too much of our natural resources as it is, we should try to cut back where we can.
Manuals should definitely go.

MonkeyBanana
21st Mar 2010, 12:18
+ 1, never thought of that, by the way I do care about the environment I never leave my TV or computer on standby because that IS pointless if you could just switch it off completely

Deadman
21st Mar 2010, 12:32
Cheers ;)

supertom
21st Mar 2010, 14:31
There's someone over on the GameFAQs board who cancelled his pre-order because the demo had a timer. Accusing the devs of ripping him off with such a cheap crappy demo.

Deadman
21st Mar 2010, 16:31
How very sad

Gemma_Darkmoon_
21st Mar 2010, 16:35
Never read the manuals so black and white or colour dosn't mean much to me. Think it's better just to get straight in to the game and discovering controls as you go on.

Hate people saying they will not play cos of demo timers and things. You know they will still get the game anyways.

RedPillow
21st Mar 2010, 17:15
Me likes that video .

EndlessWaves
21st Mar 2010, 18:25
I do, manuals are a waste of paper, we waste too much of our natural resources as it is, we should try to cut back where we can.
Manuals should definitely go.

Some manuals should definitely go but they're a crucial part of some games.

k1llabeastie
21st Mar 2010, 21:43
shame.. i still get it!

Enkeixpress
21st Mar 2010, 21:46
shame.. i still get it!

Haha, I was joking about in this thread.. I've pre-ordered, I'm not letting this game out of my sight until it is in my ps3 console :D

k1llabeastie
21st Mar 2010, 21:48
I know you're joking! U must be a psycho if u cancel a game this good! :D
But it still is a shame... :P

sniped90
21st Mar 2010, 23:03
There's someone over on the GameFAQs board who cancelled his pre-order because the demo had a timer. Accusing the devs of ripping him off with such a cheap crappy demo.

BBAHHAHAHAHHA that made me literally laugh out loud!:nut::nut::lmao::lmao::lmao::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flaire
22nd Mar 2010, 00:55
JC1 had an amazing maual, it was like a newspaper from San Esperito. I think it was the first tim I saw a manual written as though it was from inside it's game.

I think that if there is just going to be a list of controls, then there shouldn't be a manual at all (as you said about the environment), but if they take care over it, they should put it in colour as well, this makes it look so much nicer, but maybe manuals should be only put out with limited editions; this would even out costs and effects on environment, while those who care care get a nice bonus, and those who don't care don't