PDA

View Full Version : Rico is against renewable energy!

Generalkillgore
20th Mar 2010, 16:44
He must really hate wind turbines.

I'm not sure if anyone has seen this video yet but I thought I'd post it anyway:
RM-IRmAa4WY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM-IRmAa4WY

The Panauan government may be a dictatorship, but at least they are using renewable energy!

divide
20th Mar 2010, 16:47
Yeah I find a bit odd that Rico tries to help this country by destroying all its infrastructures (water towers, wind turbines, etc etc). This for sure doesn't help peoples there. I think he's more like some kind of self-destruct anarchist.

llx Todd xll
20th Mar 2010, 16:50
OMG the way the perpelers break off and fly all over the place is amazing

Generalkillgore
20th Mar 2010, 16:55
Yeah I find a bit odd that Rico tries to help this country by destroying all its infrastructures (water towers, wind turbines, etc etc). This for sure doesn't help peoples there. I think he's more like some kind of self-destruct anarchist.

Yes exactly.
He destroys water towers, but then the people have no water to drink, therefore he is killing the innocent people of Panau.

He also destroys wind turbines and fuel depots, but then the people have no fuel or electricity to use, therefore he is making the lives of innocent people worse in a way.

angry_kittens
20th Mar 2010, 16:58
Ha that guy doesn't have much imagination, he apparently hasn't heard of using the grapple to get around quicker either :P

Id love to try grappling a car to one of the spinning propellers and see if it lifted it up :P

Or grappling an enemy chopper to it...

vhold
20th Mar 2010, 17:02
He also drives vehicles, large and small, over the people of Panau with alarming regularity as well. And when he's not driving into them, he's grappling them off their mopeds.

But the children seem to be smart enough to take refuge in Panau's large number of indestructible buildings. Given that sign of intelligence, I strongly believe these children are also stock piling adequate supplies to survive through this transitionary period.

Also, consider the fact that no pipelines run from those water towers. They don't serve a civic purpose, the evil government of Panau simply uses them to put all the water up really high where people can't reach it. Exploding these vessels frees the water for the people to gather up.

divide
20th Mar 2010, 17:05
Haha I love your explanation :)

lol9367
20th Mar 2010, 17:15
he doesn't seem to be very eco-friendly... HE SHOOTS THE PALM TREES!, WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO HIM?!

Grapplemeplane
20th Mar 2010, 17:50
he doesn't seem to be very eco-friendly... HE SHOOTS THE PALM TREES!, WHAT DID THEY EVER DO TO HIM?!

I spat out my coffee laughing at that:lol:

IVIAKAV3L1
20th Mar 2010, 17:59
He also drives vehicles, large and small, over the people of Panau with alarming regularity as well. And when he's not driving into them, he's grappling them off their mopeds.

But the children seem to be smart enough to take refuge in Panau's large number of indestructible buildings. Given that sign of intelligence, I strongly believe these children are also stock piling adequate supplies to survive through this transitionary period.

Also, consider the fact that no pipelines run from those water towers. They don't serve a civic purpose, the evil government of Panau simply uses them to put all the water up really high where people can't reach it. Exploding these vessels frees the water for the people to gather up.

:lol:

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 21:18
It's Al Gore's worst nightmare.

admanta
20th Mar 2010, 21:29
Don't forget that you can destroy silos that make bio fuel like in the demo.

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 21:30
Don't forget that you can destroy silos that make bio fuel like in the demo.

I'm not sure if that's all that environmentally friendly - what with the noxious green smoke they produce when you destroy them.

Johnny Tee
20th Mar 2010, 21:30
Hmmm ... either he wasn't getting any chaos for those wind turbines or the PS3 recorder doesn't record the HUD or any on-screen messages. Anyone know for certain? I'm guessing it just records the game footage and no hud or messages...

matonking
20th Mar 2010, 21:32
possibly the coolest JC2 video i've ever seen.

Zakkon
20th Mar 2010, 21:39
I think you all should keep in mind what the infrastructure that Rico blows up is used for. Let's take the wind turbines as an example: The power that comes from this is most likely only going to the people that can afford it, aka the government and their allies. If citizens want power, I'd guess they whould have to buy a generator themselves. And the water towers are maybe only used by the military when they are thirsty, or they sell it to citizens for very expensive prices. Overall I think most of Rico's actions dosen't hurt citizens directly, unless he shoots them lol.

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 21:49
Hmmm ... either he wasn't getting any chaos for those wind turbines or the PS3 recorder doesn't record the HUD or any on-screen messages. Anyone know for certain? I'm guessing it just records the game footage and no hud or messages...

Yeah. It's only the official clips though. User made ones still have HUD.

Generalkillgore
22nd Mar 2010, 20:43
Yeah. It's only the official clips though. User made ones still have HUD.

Anyone can remove the HUD, just go into the display settings and lower the HUD opacity.

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
22nd Mar 2010, 22:16
Do you know what i like best about this clip & the game in general?... The sound effects,specifically the sound effects of those things coming apart and screeching n grinding,same with the cranes,just makes the game that bit more immersive and chaotic.

Good sound is essential in any game and JC2 has done a great job with it.

NovaSilisko
22nd Mar 2010, 22:21
Do you know what i like best about this clip & the game in general?... The sound effects,specifically the sound effects of those things coming apart and screeching n grinding,same with the cranes,just makes the game that bit more immersive and chaotic.

Good sound is essential in any game and JC2 has done a great job with it.

Oh my god. I thought I was the only one who appreciated sound design!

Chromepup
23rd Mar 2010, 00:01

he probably had the hud opacity lower

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
23rd Mar 2010, 00:01
Not sure if that's sarcasm or not? :$ but yeah i love a game with good sound,in particular ambient sounds such as those of idle chatter in the GTA series or bird noises etcetera.

A games score is up there with actual gameplay aswel when it comes to me making a choice between certain games.

I'd say i was about 85% happy with the ambient sounds of JC2 (i really need to play the game,but the demo was good) and for the effects like gunplay and the demolition of these huge structures I'd rate it 90%

If sound is too generic or ps1/2 standard then it can literally kill a game,sound adds atmosphere.

Take heavy rain for instance.. Some scenes i played had my heart really beating.. never felt that before but it was because the score added to the tension. Had it been any other piece of music it may have had a different impact and left me a bit flat.

Developers know all this anyway but it's important to talk about these things so they can gain user perspective.

NovaSilisko
23rd Mar 2010, 00:06
It's not sarcasm. I really find it hard to believe so few people compliment JC2's sound design.

Just_Cause_U_Luv_Me
23rd Mar 2010, 00:10
The sound design is very very good and will be awesome on surround or big ass headphones...however i do have one gripe LOL and that's the constant moaning and groaning of the patrols when there after you..

It's repetitive and can get annoying should a mission take longer than 10mins to finish. That said though,it's a tiny insignificance and I'm being nit picky lol I'm sure once immersed i won't even notice.

Ps.. I was going to make a thread in the off-topic section about great sound design and folks fav games to employ the best scores ect but i decided against it because i thought i was a geek for having such a hard on for sound LOL.

brauny
23rd Mar 2010, 00:14
It's Al Gore's worst nightmare.

o yes this is a very inconvenient truth for him lol

TamaterHater
23rd Mar 2010, 02:32
Yes exactly.
He destroys water towers, but then the people have no water to drink, therefore he is killing the innocent people of Panau.

He also destroys wind turbines and fuel depots, but then the people have no fuel or electricity to use, therefore he is making the lives of innocent people worse in a way.

Um well yeah thats the fun part sorta. I mean, starvation sucks but dragging them into a tree... pricless.