PDA

View Full Version : SENTINEL Sentinel healing support suggestions

Raivohalvaus
13th Mar 2014, 09:26
Im not sure has this been suggested yet, but how about giving Sentinel some sort of support abilities like Alchemist has.
(healing mist)

Like grabbing a dead body from the ground and dropping it near your buddies so they can feast. Humans tend to guard their dead friends so this would be great counter for that.

Or while flying holding a corpse sentinel would tear the poor human in half or slit its belly causing ''a rain of blood'' and giving friends below a small health/attack boost.

I think it would add some different gameplay styles for the sentinel and help vampires cooperate more.

Give me your thoughts, what do you think?

PlagueMaster
13th Mar 2014, 10:55
Vampires have regeneration and can feast from corpses. Too much healing make them OP. Healing mist is like vampires "regeneration" for humans, and stations like corpses. There is balanse in healing between them now. IMHO.

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 12:25
I agree. I also think it'd be cool for humans to drag dead bodies. But, that'd be like a vampire disabling a heal station, which wouldn't work balance-wise.

Vampmaster
13th Mar 2014, 12:59
Im not sure has this been suggested yet, but how about giving Sentinel some sort of support abilities like Alchemist has.
(healing mist)

Like grabbing a dead body from the ground and dropping it near your buddies so they can feast. Humans tend to guard their dead friends so this would be great counter for that.

Or while flying holding a corpse sentinel would tear the poor human in half or slit its belly causing ''a rain of blood'' and giving friends below a small health/attack boost.

I think it would add some different gameplay styles for the sentinel and help vampires cooperate more.

Give me your thoughts, what do you think?

Fly by delivery! That's something I've been asking for.

Also, a variation that damages enemies below instead. It would work like a crop duster. It would look a bit like fire breathing and Daniel did say they would end up a lot like dragons.

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 13:10
I'd be OK with that if it was an ability, but not just a normal feature.

Vampmaster
13th Mar 2014, 13:31
I'd be OK with that if it was an ability, but not just a normal feature.

It would be more reliable (not OP, just less random chance) as an ability anyway. If they could just summon the blood from the Razielim blood banks whenever the ability had charged up I think it would be equivalent to healing mist.

Raivohalvaus
15th Mar 2014, 22:47
Yes i guess you're right, as a normal feature it would require major overhaul for the whole feeding and regeneration skills. But as a ability it could work, let's say like bundled with the Takeoff ability. (of course the takeoff damage should be tweaked)

Kill -> grab -> takeoff.

It could also be used as a taunt, throwing your enemies with their teammates. :)
Dunno, i just like the idea of corpses raining from the sky.

Dze5Xeno
15th Mar 2014, 23:23
Perhaps could be good a new ability where the sentinel refill its health with an abduct or something like that but deals less damage.

Ygdrasel
16th Mar 2014, 00:25
Perhaps could be good a new ability where the sentinel refill its health with an abduct or something like that but deals less damage.

Leech. Abduct, minus some damage, plus healing. As a Sentinel, reaching corpses to feed is a pain anyway when flying about so this would be nice. And it follows Takeoff and Wing Flap as a survival-oriented ability.