PDA

View Full Version : A Question answered in the FAQ but I'm confused

YumaKirosaki
20th Mar 2010, 14:48
So, the DLC* (Lol) code comes -inside- the box? I preordered from Gamestop, but how exactly do I make sure of this? Is there like a special box for preordering it or something?

I had always thought it'd come in the form of a card or slip of paper or something.
:scratch:

longboardskier
20th Mar 2010, 14:53
DLC, not demo ;)

But usually it's just on the outside of the box itself on a folded laminated paper thing. Just make sure you see it and have it before you walk out of the store.

STMaraj
20th Mar 2010, 14:54
I dont think it would come inside the box because then the store would have to open up your game and insert it. When I pre-ordered InFamous, the DLC was just a slip of paper with a code on it that they just tied to the box with an elastic band

Just_Cause_War
20th Mar 2010, 14:56
I'm not buying from Gamestop; I'm getting it from Game UK. The code will (or should) be on a card which is inside the box. They will have a pre-order stockpile in the back of the store which you will have to ask for at the cashier desk.

This is how they would normally do it at Game UK, so I don't guarantee it.

Dmndrgn599
20th Mar 2010, 14:57
DLC, not demo ;)

But usually it's just on the outside of the box itself on a folded laminated paper thing. Just make sure you see it and have it before you walk out of the store.

actually the DLC codes will be INSIDE the game case. for the PS3 version all you need to do is either go to the PSN store and select redeem codes in the top right corner or like with some games you can redeem the code directly in the game through a menu selection like in Assassins creed 2

YumaKirosaki
20th Mar 2010, 14:57
DLC, not demo ;)

Ah, lol. Was playing the demo at that moment so demo popped into my mind :lol:

Well, that's what I thought happened, but why does the FAQ mention it inside the case?

Grapplemeplane
20th Mar 2010, 14:59
Ah, lol. Was playing the demo at that moment so demo popped into my mind :lol:

Well, that's what I thought happened, but why does the FAQ mention it inside the case?

I think thr FAQ is talking about the Limited Edition.

YumaKirosaki
20th Mar 2010, 15:04
I think thr FAQ is talking about the Limited Edition.

Ahhh that's probably it; Limited Edition is a different type of case so it'd make sense. :hmm:

Zakkon
20th Mar 2010, 15:05
No, they can't break the seal on the box to put in a code, becuase then the game has been "used". What they did to me in a small videogame store (that didn't belong to a brand) when I had bought another game that they gave me a small box to go with the game that contained all the bonus dlc and preorder stuff, even though I had not preordered it.

So if they break the seal to insert the dlc code, then the game is "used" and they can't sell the game for the full price. Quite simple, really.

Just_Cause_War
20th Mar 2010, 15:22
No, they can't break the seal on the box to put in a code, becuase then the game has been "used". What they did to me in a small videogame store (that didn't belong to a brand) when I had bought another game that they gave me a small box to go with the game that contained all the bonus dlc and preorder stuff, even though I had not preordered it.

So if they break the seal to insert the dlc code, then the game is "used" and they can't sell the game for the full price. Quite simple, really.

The seal would not be broken. The code card would go in FIRST, then the gamebox would be sealed.

lol9367
20th Mar 2010, 16:26
it will most likely be in the box behind the game manual, that's what happened when i preordered infamous. (P.S. i sold infamous.) (P.S.S. my friend bought 20 copies of JC2... lol)