PDA

View Full Version : To lag or not to lag.

Reaver.
20th Mar 2010, 01:19
Hey people, I'm new.

Anyways, I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but regardless of what graphics/resolution setting I'm using, there is always slight lag when moving the mouse. I can't play it on highest settings, but I can play with textures high, shadows medium, 1024x768 with the frame rate ranging from 28-50 fps & onwards.

I realise the resolution is low, but if not, the mouse lags crazily. Luckily I'm getting a new card on my birthday.

Anyways, my question is, is there supposed to be a slight pause to make it feel more fluid when aiming, or is my PC just crap? I think it's probably the latter.

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 01:21
... I'm not quite sure what you mean.. But I think it may be lag.. yes.

Could you make a video showing the "problem" happening on YouTube?

cbrookf
20th Mar 2010, 01:21
no pause i supposed to happen

more things affect lag than just resolution and video card, also on-board memory on the video card is important. Whats ur processing power and current card? Also turn shadows down, shadows lag in most games

Reaver.
20th Mar 2010, 01:22
Well, when I move my mouse around, there is a slight pause. It isn't long, perhaps half a second or so, but it happens on whatever the settings. I have smooth frame-rate, but slightly laggy mouse.

Is there a way to fix this? Or should I might as well wait until I get a new card to get the game?

Edit: cbrookf, I have a crappy AMD Athlon 64x2 7750. Windows 7, Geforce 9600GT 1GB, 2GB Ram.

I realise it's way below system requirements, I just don't understand why the game is smooth, but the mouse is ever so slightly laggy..

NovaSilisko
20th Mar 2010, 01:22
... I'm not quite sure what you mean.. But I think it may be lag.. yes.

Could you make a video showing the "problem" happening on YouTube?

It's a delay between moving the mouse and the movement showing up ingame. It wouldn't show up in a video.

Reaver.
20th Mar 2010, 01:27
I best go to bed, 1am. Anyways, hopefully someone can help me. Thanks for the comments to far. I realise I will most probably have to wait until May to get a good enough PC to play this efficiently.

cbrookf
20th Mar 2010, 01:49
I best go to bed, 1am. Anyways, hopefully someone can help me. Thanks for the comments to far. I realise I will most probably have to wait until May to get a good enough PC to play this efficiently.

you computer can render a still scene, but when you turn it has to lag to re-render your game, turn setting down even farther or get new hardware. :(

AssassinAgent47
20th Mar 2010, 02:47
yeah lower your FR or resolution maybe tweak some other stuff, the reason the mouse lags is because your PC is trying to catch up to the frame rate so you'll get screen stutter, its not lag as in MP lag but sounds like framerate lag, your PC is below minimum requirements so..ya know that's the deal

I have the same problem and have to lower the resolution and FR

Have you cleaned your HDD latley?

I use CCleaner its a free app , quick and easy , just check all the boxes that apply , I run it every day or after a long day of websurfing

ColeScheffler
20th Mar 2010, 04:18
Yeah, Just Cause 2 has a framerate lag when the framerate is below ~40, kinda sucks, but I usually get around 60fps.

Japester3k
20th Mar 2010, 09:47
Does you use a wireless mouse, and if you do, is anything interfering with the signal? I have a Logitech MX-1000 and it lags like that sometimes. Drivers won't fix it and my old wireless mouse never lagged. :(

Reaver.
20th Mar 2010, 11:22
Nah I don't have a wireless mouse, I'll try to lower my shadow settings etc and see what happens. I'm amazed that the graphics are still pretty damn good even on low settings.

DarthCake
20th Mar 2010, 13:35
Put red LED's in your computer.

It's proven red LED's make computers up to 60% faster.

*protip*