PDA

View Full Version : I cant enter my key and know cant lauch game

Wo1fhunter
19th Mar 2010, 23:20
Hello. I bought Batman for PC through STEAM and I have owned for a week and still have not got it to work. HELP ME PLEASE! When I try to launch the game it takes me to a new prompt that has 4 options: PLAY, SETTINGS, VIEW READ ME FILE, and EXIT. You already guessed it they all work except the PLAY option:mad2: This means I cant enter my key which was the first issue, but now since I can't advance past the prompt PLAY part I don't have the opportunity to even enter the KEY anymore. What do I do. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem.

LIGHTS
19th Mar 2010, 23:24
@Wo1fhunter ( ) Hi there. When you press play, what happens? When you could enter your key from before, did any indications of an error appear? Try reinstalling the game, and retry everything. Also, download Games for Windows Live if you haven't yet.

Wo1fhunter
19th Mar 2010, 23:58
Thanks. I will try reinstalling it. When I click play literally nothing happens.

Wo1fhunter
20th Mar 2010, 00:15
Well that didn't work. There are no error messages. It refuses to launch.

Wo1fhunter
20th Mar 2010, 00:16
Still doesn't work. No error messages. Nothing it just acts as if I am not clicking on the PLAY option.

fafasfasr
24th Mar 2010, 12:30
Hi,

I bought yesterday CD-key to this game on eBay. Downloaded the torrent to install the game. Not using crack or anything like this. I want to start the game, enter my serial number but can´t because it wants original DVD ( gotta love securom ). Any chance for me to finaly play bought game? I tried to write that CD-key into Games for windows LIVE but it doesn´t support enetering product key. GfwLIVE only supports entering CD-key in-game. Tried Steam and no luck. The seriál key I have is not registered for Steam.
Sent the report file to securom but no answer so far. Thanks for answer in advance.

Marcus
24th Mar 2010, 12:40
As far as I know, the game does not use a CD-key - you got scammed :(

Link to the eBay auction?

fafasfasr
24th Mar 2010, 12:53
yep, the game supports CD-key in games for windows LIVE. I was googling and found something that helped. Customised image of DVD not using crack or anything like this. I started it and it aloowed me to enter game. after GfwLIVE sign up it asked for CD-key for batman arkham asylum. I entered my CD-key and it accepted it. I can see player charts at that section of game - arenas I think its called or something like that ( played only for 15min so far ) but even the achievements count in so I´m quite fine now.

However I hope I won´t stuck at those points against pirates mentioned in forums - scarecrow point, poison Ivy..

The CD-key is legit for games for windows LIVE after all.

eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=120546994944&view=all&tid=0

Marcus
24th Mar 2010, 13:00
Oh yes - I forgot about the new Windows Live version.

Phew! Enjoy the game :)