PDA

View Full Version : Why must pre-orders arrive like a week after release?

FiveSeveN-
19th Mar 2010, 22:35
Walmart JC2 pre-order:
"Processing
Will arrive between Wednesday, 03/31/10, and Friday, 04/02/10."

I almost just want to cancel this and say screw the DLC, I don't want to get the game an entire week after it is released when I could go buy it in a store..

This sucks. Should I cancel my WM pre-order? heh. :scratch:

NovaSilisko
19th Mar 2010, 22:37
Yeah. Gamestop says "Allow 1 day for processing and 5-10 business days for arrival"

Flaire
I'd keep it, think of how much more fun you'll have with the DLC items

longboardskier
That really sucks if it's true. I know I can preorder games at my local Gamestop (in store) and they always have the new releases on release day.

Jonathan
19th Mar 2010, 22:39
Get amazon Like I did so you can get the "release day" shipping like in my thread here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=103363

NovaSilisko
19th Mar 2010, 22:39
I want to upgrade my order to overnight shipping but I'm being nagged not to for various reasons.

Error96_
19th Mar 2010, 22:46
I would just rather get it in shops on the day. Think preordering is a more troublesome way to do it.

saintsrow144
19th Mar 2010, 22:56
yall its worth the wait though

EndlessWaves
19th Mar 2010, 23:49
The solution is to move to a smaller country where overnight shipping to everywhere is common.

HandsomeJoeFrancis
19th Mar 2010, 23:55
Do you live in an area that is so rural you have to pre-order a game online that will be readily available at virtually ANY game retailer? Are people getting that lazy/antisocial that they can't just GO TO A STORE and buy/pre-order a game? It takes very little effort and the worst case scenario someone will try to talk you into getting a subscription to (imo the worst)a game magazine?

FiveSeveN-
20th Mar 2010, 00:04
Do you live in an area that is so rural you have to pre-order a game online that will be readily available at virtually ANY game retailer? Are people getting that lazy/antisocial that they can't just GO TO A STORE and buy/pre-order a game? It takes very little effort and the worst case scenario someone will try to talk you into getting a subscription to (imo the worst)a game magazine?
I don't know, but last time I checked you can't walk into Walmart, pre-order a game and have it show up on the release date available to be picked up.

The two points here are:
1) DLC from pre-ordering
2) Getting the game on release date

I would like the hovercraft. I can't get it by pre-ordering from Gamestop.

MonkeyShines
20th Mar 2010, 00:23
I don't know, but last time I checked you can't walk into Walmart, pre-order a game and have it show up on the release date available to be picked up.

The two points here are:
1) DLC from pre-ordering
2) Getting the game on release date

I would like the hovercraft. I can't get it by pre-ordering from Gamestop.

Cancel it, buy it in the store, enjoy the game on release day, while waiting patiently for the DLC to be released for download online.

Seriously, I don't get why people feel they immediately need bonus DLC for a game they haven't even played yet? Play with what's already in the game right now...which is a lot...that you haven't even used yet...and THEN when the hovercraft DLC finally comes out, you'll have something new to play with.

You're making this hovercraft out to be more important than the acual game! Get your priorities straight.

afrosargent
20th Mar 2010, 00:28
Im Australian so you get it on the first of april!:mad2::mad2::mad2:

llx Todd xll
20th Mar 2010, 00:30
Do you get it on release date from shopto.

Agent_4637
20th Mar 2010, 00:37
I'd cancel my pre-order from Amazon, but I'd be losing a $10 discount, a $15 dollar game gift certificate and the DLC item. It sucks to have to wait, but seems like a mistake to give all that up just to have it a week early. Oh well. I am pretending the release date is actually April 1st. :p

IVIAKAV3L1
20th Mar 2010, 01:55
This is the reason I dont bother with preorders, might aswell go buy it from a shop, and as some other guy said, **** the DLC this games gonna be SWEET. Look at the demo ffs.

Enkeixpress
20th Mar 2010, 01:57
Pre-orders always tend to arrive on release day or a day early unless there are problems with Royal Mail.. with which you'll most likely get the game probs 2 weeks later..

skater2011
20th Mar 2010, 02:11
Ok first off don't order online this is what u do go to gamestop preorder there. Step 2 wait till the 23 arrive at gamestop at your convenience and take the game home along with the pistol and mainly the monster truck. Trust me if u do it that way 1. Ur not wasting money with shipping fees 2. Ur not having to pay for gay point cards 3. Ur using exercise to and from the store to get the game. There u go good luck with ur decision.

sammich
20th Mar 2010, 08:57
This is the reason I dont bother with preorders, might aswell go buy it from a shop, and as some other guy said, **** the DLC this games gonna be SWEET. Look at the demo ffs.

exactly... I don't waste my time with pre-orders or gamestop..

every time a popular game launches at midnight (halo, gta4, metal gear 4, etc) every nerd in my city is lined up at gamestop (100+ people at midnight)... as I casually stroll into walmart, mozy back to electronics, tell them what I want, and im home playing the game while those nerds are still in line.

forget DLC.. the original game is already huge... and chances are once im tired of it DLC isnt going to change that feeling... a new game will come along and the world will stop as the entire process starts over again

MonkeyBanana
20th Mar 2010, 09:58
I pre-ordered because I live in a small village with only one toy/game store and I asked when they got resupplys but it was on a wednesday, the game comes out on a Friday so I will more likely get it earlier if I pre-order, and I dont feel like going to another village city because I can live with waiting a few more days.

Sande
20th Mar 2010, 10:01
Price online 40 euros, price at retailers 60 euros.

Washo89
20th Mar 2010, 10:07
It said that to my Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 and they both came
on release date so yours should come on the day it is released. :thumb:

Grapplemeplane
20th Mar 2010, 10:09
Not for me I pre ordered from GAME so I get the game and all the DLC on relese date.

Japester3k
20th Mar 2010, 10:14
I usually order from GAME, most of my preorders tend to arrive a day early. Ordered the limited edition JC2 from Amazon this time, I'm willing to wait a extra day or two if it saves me £5. ;)

CarsCarsCars
20th Mar 2010, 11:06
Walmart JC2 pre-order:
"Processing
Will arrive between Wednesday, 03/31/10, and Friday, 04/02/10."

I almost just want to cancel this and say screw the DLC, I don't want to get the game an entire week after it is released when I could go buy it in a store..

This sucks. Should I cancel my WM pre-order? heh. :scratch:

I live in England and it is most likely I will have the game before you.
Im not boasting or rubbing it in your face but i cant believe how many americans were laughing at the british because we get it later
but now we have most of the DLC and "Release Date Delivery" (It WILL arrive on the release date.

Rico Rodriguez (Cudel)
20th Mar 2010, 11:42
i live in switzerland and here at my shop they are saying that it will arrive at the 03.26.2010 and the they will send it on the 03.25.2010 so im fine and i will have all the DLCs :)

Toxicdude12
20th Mar 2010, 11:48
Price online 40 euros, price at retailers 50 euros.

Shipping + 10 euros :lol:

GeoLaureate8
20th Mar 2010, 11:54
Why don't you just go In-Store and Preorder it? You get it on launch day if you do that.

Draight
20th Mar 2010, 14:17
as i said... why do people pre order games. Theres always someone braking the release..

jaike
20th Mar 2010, 14:49
i always pre-order games of hmv.com and i always get them the day it is released or sometimes early like when i preordered guitar hero metallica i got that (7.30am) on the release day, i live in england

Sande
20th Mar 2010, 15:13
Shipping + 10 euros :lol:
Many websites have free delivery. And there are no retailers who sell it for 50 euros where I live.

Zakkon
20th Mar 2010, 18:18
Just cancel the pre-order and buy the game in a store, you can get the DLC stuff there anyways, and if not for free it's just a few credits.