PDA

View Full Version : Predators

Brackstone17
19th Mar 2010, 15:28
I know I can't be the only one who loves the Predator movies around here, so what do you guys think of the new trailer?

Personally I think it looks good, maybe a bit too similar to the first film, but still good. I don't think it will have the same lasting appeal as the first two though. Still, it's looking far better than those AVP travesties.

joe the janitor
19th Mar 2010, 19:11
New trailer? New predator movie? SHOW ME :eek:

One of Seven
19th Mar 2010, 19:12
9u8vZwvP57Y

joe the janitor
19th Mar 2010, 21:43
WOW. Looks interesting. The place where they are seems way to Earth like though.

One of Seven
19th Mar 2010, 22:44
Yes I agree.

Brackstone17
20th Mar 2010, 02:52
I don't mind the setting being so much like earth. I mean, look at most sci-fi movies with different planets, chances are most of the ones that actually support human life are earth like. I think it's just the way planets with carbon based life develops. We don't really have a realistic reference, so it's ok I think.

I'm more concerned about Topher Grace. Dude hasn't delivered a good performance in his life.

joe the janitor
20th Mar 2010, 03:20
I don't mind the setting being so much like earth. I mean, look at most sci-fi movies with different planets, chances are most of the ones that actually support human life are earth like. I think it's just the way planets with carbon based life develops. We don't really have a realistic reference, so it's ok I think.

I'm more concerned about Topher Grace. Dude hasn't delivered a good performance in his life.

Are you kidding. If we found other life one out of a trillion times they would be nothing like us. Alien planet the mockumentry sums it up pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWKKE4Jc8M

[I am in no way trying to advertise the discovery channel]

*Edited because of spelling mistakes*

Brackstone17
20th Mar 2010, 04:39
Are you kidding. If we found other life one out of a trillion times they would be nothing like us. Alien planet the mockumentry sums it up pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSWKKE4Jc8M

[I am in no way trying to advertise the discovery channel]

*Edited because of spelling mistakes*
That's what I mean. In terms of lifeforms, we only know the type that can thrive on earth. We don't know if life would be that different on another planet if it had the same qualities as earth. If it were even a slightly different environment like the one in your video, then sure, things would be much different. The planet in this film has to support human life like Earth does, so it has to be almost exactly the same as Earth. Even your video had plant life very similar to that on earth.

I know the feeling though, I had trouble suspending my disbelief with Avatar and it's setting, but that was for different reasons.

joe the janitor
20th Mar 2010, 05:01
It just seem a bit weird for the predators to go out of there way and make/find a world just like Earth so they can hunt humans. I mean, what so good about hunting humans anyway?

JackGordon
20th Mar 2010, 08:17
I mean, what so good about hunting humans anyway?
They're dumb & fun to hunt? :p

About the trailer: I don't understand why they need to introduce a new species of Predator... I mean, don't they realize that less is more?!
I truly hope they're not making the Predator equivalent of "Aliens"; where all the creatures were reduced to target practice.

joe the janitor
20th Mar 2010, 08:32
About the trailer: I don't understand why they need to introduce a new species of Predator...

A new species! Where?

JackGordon
20th Mar 2010, 13:19
A new species! Where?
There's supposed to be a "black super predator" in this movie. http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18830

Hope it's not as goofy looking as Super Shredder in TNMT II: The Secret of the Ooze. lolz :o

BeardedHoplite
7th Apr 2010, 13:42
Robert Rodriguez eh?
With a cameo by Quentin Tarentino hopefully

JackGordon
7th Apr 2010, 22:59
Robert Rodriguez eh?
With a cameo by Quentin Tarentino hopefully
What? Why? :hmm:

JackGordon
9th Jul 2010, 23:58
Anybody seen it yet?

SlashPrower
10th Jul 2010, 00:31
Considering how colorful the world looks in some parts and some of the wildlife, I have a theory that the Predators found Pandora, hunted the Na'vi to extinction, and then used the world as sort of a sports arena because all the glowing **** made it easy to hunt at night.

Brackstone17
10th Jul 2010, 00:40
You just made Avatar 5 million times better for me.

Bevacur
10th Jul 2010, 12:18
I hope the predators made Jake Sully squeal like a little girl.

Predators looks awesome, anyone know what the reviews are like?

ohitspatty
10th Jul 2010, 13:24
Mixed reviews. Some love it some hate it. I'm seeing it next week but many of my friends said it was very good, but I believe they are trying to compare it to Alien vs. Predator movies...lol

Bevacur
10th Jul 2010, 13:31
Well i'm going cinema's next week with some friends and we have not decided what to watch yet, guess we could watch Predators or Inception.

ohitspatty
10th Jul 2010, 13:53
I would got with Inception first, that thing looks like a mindf.u.c.k :)

Bevacur
11th Jul 2010, 19:05
I seen the trailers, looks ******* awesome!

JackGordon
11th Jul 2010, 19:11
Reviews seem mixed so far. Some love it, others hate it... Can't be worse than 2, AVP & AVP:R, though...

Brackstone17
11th Jul 2010, 19:53
So far the consensus seems to be that while it's probably the second best in the series, it's a bit too similar to the first to be nearly as great. I have yet to see it though. I'll probably check it out next week.

ohitspatty
11th Jul 2010, 20:30
Mixed reviews. Some love it some hate it. ...I believe they are trying to compare it to Alien vs. Predator movies...lol

Reviews seem mixed so far. Some love it, others hate it... Can't be worse than 2, AVP & AVP:R, though...

:scratch:

JackGordon
11th Jul 2010, 22:18
:D Didn't read your post, lad. Sorry.

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 00:24
Gordon gets no biscuit for reviving this topic and brought nothing new except igniting some off topic comments from the community ...

JackGordon
14th Jul 2010, 07:53
... "you can't handle the truth!!"

GrievousOdyssey
14th Jul 2010, 08:30
You forgot the end of the quote ! ...

"except for Grievous" ...