PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Syncing Issues

DrunkenTheLegend
12th Dec 2013, 20:14
Hi there, i just downloaded the game earlier today, unfortunately i need to go to work. I tried to join 3 or 4 different games today and every time i would join the game i would get a "syncing with online profile" message that would stay up until i got kicked for inactivity. once back on the homepage the message was still up and would not leave until i quit the game.

any ideas?

hirukaru
12th Dec 2013, 21:32
This is indeed very strange the normal timer of the syncing with online profile is around a max of 30 seconds.
But does this appear when you press join game? or when you start the game.

The sync should only be up when starting the game.

Maby you can try the following:
1. Shutdown steam and restart it.
2. reinstall the game if above did not work
3. if above did not work let us know.

Psyonix_Corey
12th Dec 2013, 22:42
We found the bug causing this for new players. It will require a new version to be rolled out, but it needs to be QA'ed. I'll bump this thread when the fix patch has been deployed.

Hunagy
16th Dec 2013, 20:45
as this issue is fixed?

thanks

Psyonix_Eric
16th Dec 2013, 20:52
--------> Alpha forums

hirukaru
16th Dec 2013, 22:27
Still hear people talk about it.
Not in latest patch notes.

Please if you get it follow the report guide in closed Alpha forums.
:)

Maxximusblue
16th Dec 2013, 22:46
im getting stuck looking for matches. it will just say that . doesnt even give me the servers are not up error thing .

cmstache
16th Dec 2013, 23:08
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8555

BarrySagittarius
17th Dec 2013, 01:31
I am continually getting a popup that says "syncing your online profile" that will not clear away. I received it the first time I logged into the service and then again at the start of a match. Both times, everything seemed to load in underneath the popup but I could do nothing to clear it. There don't seem to be any additional messages that go along with this.

cmstache
17th Dec 2013, 03:08
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=8552

SilverBones
17th Dec 2013, 03:41
The Syncing your Online Profile message plays endlessly when joining a game. It stops me from picking a class, moving, firing, playing but the game seems to continue behind the message regardless.

Is this a common issue?

Psyonix_Eric
17th Dec 2013, 05:10
Posts like this need to be contained to the private alpha forums as anything regarding the alpha is under the NDA you signed.

I believe this is a known issue as well.

Psyonix_Corey
17th Dec 2013, 17:13
Fixed in the build that's currently being tested by QA before rolling out to you guys

Psyonix_Corey
17th Dec 2013, 17:13
Fixed in the build currently being tested by Qa before rolling out to you guys. Sorry for the inconvenience

Psyonix_Corey
18th Dec 2013, 17:15
This should be fixed in today's patch.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Dec 2013, 17:15
This should be fixed in today's patch

cmstache
18th Dec 2013, 18:07
Corey, please use the edit button. Double Posting is a no,no. :rasp: One of the forum mods will yell at you.

Psyonix_Corey
18th Dec 2013, 18:15
I am ABOVE THE LAW!

cmstache
18th Dec 2013, 18:27
MOD-ABUSE!!!!!

hirukaru
18th Dec 2013, 18:35
I am ABOVE THE LAW!

So am I :) Just check out my posts there are lots of double, triple, quadrible post etc. :P
haha

Sausage got sausaged :P

XipeTotek
1st Mar 2014, 06:34
Before and after every match it takes me a long time to sync my online profile. Sometimes the match starts and its still syncing... Does anyone know how to fix this?

GaiaSilence
2nd Mar 2014, 23:57
Finally had some time to log back into Nosgoth and every time I start up Nosgoth to play I get an error while trying to connect to the game servers.

I'll get through the intro screens when first opening Nosgoth, then it will go through the connecting: Connecting to Online Suite and then it will crash on the Syncing Screen:

"Nosgoth has stopped working"

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,

Deke

RevolverOcelawt
4th Mar 2014, 05:42
check my crash after sync thread here....

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=10603

exact same problem... glad im not alone

do me a favor and check your launch logs i wanna see if we have the same error

the logs for windows 7 are in Documents/My Games/Nosgoth/BCMPGame/Logs

DarianWulfbane
13th Mar 2014, 02:52
There seems to be crash issues when the game reaches the account syncing. Initially, they were issues with actually starting the game. According to the logs, the issue was as follows:

Address = 0x731401d0 (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll]
Address = 0x11b61ce (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
Address = 0x11b639a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]

A simple restart of Steam fixed this issue, allowing me to get into the game. However, as I finished the match, I encountered another crash (presumably for the same reason). This log read:

Address = 0x73140a4a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll]
Address = 0xf5a83f (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
Address = 0x1135580 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
Address = 0x1139a1a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]
Address = 0xf2d90b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\Binaries\Win32\Nosgoth.exe]

After this crash, the initial issues of crashing while syncing upon starting the game returned.

I am completely unsure of where to even start with this issue, as I cannot think of any occasion in which I have encountered this with other games. I would very much enjoy being able to play this game (I grew up with Legacy of Kain and it gives me hope for vampirism), but I cannot do so with these persisting issues.

t0pdevice
13th Mar 2014, 03:13
Try to install/re-install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package :
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555 (32 bit)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632 (64 bit)

DarianWulfbane
13th Mar 2014, 20:30
I was unable to install C++ 2010 due to having a "newer version" according to the installer, and I am not sure if I can/should uninstall it to reinstall it again. I did try installing the 2012 version, though that did not help.

Poppios
5th Apr 2014, 15:47
When trying to get in a game at the beginning of the round all I'm getting is the "syncing to server" message and it won't allow me to spawn/type in game. I can see the other players running around but I'm in limbo with the sync message?

Prime_Abstergo
7th Apr 2014, 07:46
I want to add some related bugs as well. Before starting a match there may be:
1. First is before mentioned "Syncing to server" bug (although I guess it is not a bug just a server-side technical issue). Total time deviates from 50 secs to 1 min.
2. Automatic selection of character before loadout timer ends ticking.
3. An absence of character selection screen for the duration of loadout timer (30 secs). Then automatic choice follows.
4. Greyed out 'Play' button (even if perks/abilities are correct - not 'out of time'). That one occurs rarely.

Jevra065
17th May 2014, 15:37
When i press on the team deadmatch button it starts the lobby to wait for other players.
When it finds other players it stars loading but when it finishes the Nosgoth symbol starts to turn around and after 10 seconds it stops and takes me to the start screen and it show the Syncing sigh.I can't play any match.Please help...

Jimwtfh
18th May 2014, 10:39
When i press on the team deadmatch button it starts the lobby to wait for other players.
When it finds other players it stars loading but when it finishes the Nosgoth symbol starts to turn around and after 10 seconds it stops and takes me to the start screen and it show the Syncing sigh.I can't play any match.Please help...

I guess this is some kind of bug after the latest patch - something similar happened to me, but after the map failed to load I was sent back to the lobby with 8 players there and nothing happened. After waiting for some time I quit and restarted the game, it began to sync and then said I should add Nosgoth to my firewall's exception list. I checked and it was already there (twice!), but still wouldn't run. Turning off my FW entirely helped to solve this issue, but I'm not happy with my FW turned off...

Slykidd
18th May 2014, 13:14
so i got into the closed beta very excited, but when i load a map after being in a lobby it loads for a while then sends me back to the menu it says syncing your account as if i just turned the game on. This has happened for 3 days now so i cant really say im having too much fun. i tried the steam forums but it seems people dont know what the problem is. I just get the standard did you link your steam account to the game and stuff. so i came to the forums hoping an dev can help me out.

elvina666
18th May 2014, 14:36
Hello my game is not playing is steam is not working please help me thank you
help you dev you no help me is egoist boy
elvina

Jimwtfh
18th May 2014, 15:26
so i got into the closed beta very excited, but when i load a map after being in a lobby it loads for a while then sends me back to the menu it says syncing your account as if i just turned the game on. This has happened for 3 days now so i cant really say im having too much fun. i tried the steam forums but it seems people dont know what the problem is. I just get the standard did you link your steam account to the game and stuff. so i came to the forums hoping an dev can help me out.

Hey Slykidd,

AFAIK, this is a bug, you just jumped in at the unfortunate time. The majority of players are now suffering from it, this happened after the latest patch. All we can do is wait until devs fix this - I myself didn't have even one match today that lasted to the end, got constantly kicked out. That said, just to begin a match took half an hour or so because of this bug.

elvina666
18th May 2014, 15:38
game is closed ? or is bug sorry iam french bad language english

Jimwtfh
18th May 2014, 15:44
game is closed ? or is bug sorry iam french bad language english

Hi elvina,

It's OK, I'll try to help:)

First off, let's try to figure out why you can't play. Did I get it right that you can't launch it through Steam? Can you launch the Steam itself?

elvina666
18th May 2014, 16:47
First off, let's try to figure out why you can't play. Did I get it right that you can't launch it through Steam? Can you launch the Steam itself?

yes no can you launch the steam is no play , windows loading game is not game

Jimwtfh
18th May 2014, 17:21

yes no can you launch the steam is no play , windows loading game is not game

Alright, correct me if I am wrong:

1. You CAN launch Steam.
2. Nosgoth does NOT work.

If so, can you please tell what is your PC specifications? I mean:
- Operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, ...)?
- CPU
- RAM
- GPU (Video Card)

elvina666
18th May 2014, 18:48
- Operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, ...)?windows vista 32bits
- CPU intel
- RAM 4ghz
- GPU (Video Card) 1024 geforce 430gt

Jimwtfh
19th May 2014, 13:48
- Operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8, ...)?windows vista 32bits
- CPU intel
- RAM 4ghz
- GPU (Video Card) 1024 geforce 430gt

Seems to me your PC can handle the game - so probably no problems here.

Next question:
Have you already downloaded Nosgoth through Steam? (probably should have asked this in the first place - sorry).

Also, I see that your CPU is Intel, but which one exactly? Core i5, i7...? Just in case.

KurtRambis
4th Jun 2014, 18:27
I just received my beta key early this morning but the game crashes so now I can't play.

So Nosgoth crashes as soon as I get to the armory loading/syncing.

I get the below error

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Nosgoth.exe
Application Version: 1.0.10246.0
Application Timestamp: 537f9844
Fault Module Name: atiumdag.dll
Fault Module Version: 8.14.10.700
Fault Module Timestamp: 4aa9ae36
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 001f1fc3
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

What I have done so far to try and fix the issue.
- Drivers updated
- Uninstall/Reinstall
- Turned both firewall and Anti Virus off

Has anyone else had this issue or something similar?

Any help is appreciated.

lucinvampire
5th Jun 2014, 08:44
Please take a quick look at this thread http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897 and see if any of the suggestions can solve the issue.

Once you've tried these or if you already have and it doesn't function - please then report it to the SE Support Centre https://support.nosgoth.com/system/templates/selfservice/nosgoth/#!portal/1001 and hopefully one of their advisors will be able to investigate the issue.

RadKatz
21st Jun 2014, 19:03
every time i start the game up it takes a while to sync my account and armory, but when i start a game it will take around 2 minutes of match time just for it to do all that syncing again. i was wondering if there is a fix for this or if it's being patched sometime soon?

Psyonix_Corey
21st Jun 2014, 19:10
There are some server issues being looked into as top priority right now. Apologies for the delay.

LightBearer
21st Jun 2014, 19:13
when will it be fixed?

RadKatz
21st Jun 2014, 19:20
thank you for the quick response. so far the game is really fun to play and that's the only issue i'm having

Sanguise23
21st Jun 2014, 19:50
Do you think this will take hours? even a rough guess?i planed on playing all day but will change things up if down forever....(not complaining)

Psyonix_Corey
21st Jun 2014, 20:25
Hopefully very soon, a fix is being tested

Sanguise23
21st Jun 2014, 20:26
thank you for the response

Sanguise23
21st Jun 2014, 21:03
seems to be up

Ins1nity
21st Jun 2014, 21:06
Nope it ain't up, can't get in and getting kicked from my games if i get in

Sanguise23
21st Jun 2014, 21:08
ah ive been sitting in a lobby no one join but who was here

Trogmar
24th Jun 2014, 22:45
Does anybody else have crazy long syncing times? I get like 3 seconds to pick a character after it's done downloading the armoury.

GoldenXan
24th Jun 2014, 23:41
Hello Trogmar,

I too have long syncing times, occasionally. Sometimes it is a real bother, lasting until after an intermission even.
That happens when the master server isn't working very well, as far I know.

Trogmar
25th Jun 2014, 01:53
Okay, so it's just a day to day thing? I just started yesterday.

GoldenXan
25th Jun 2014, 12:43
Kind of, yes. It will happen occasionally, and you may play for weeks and it will never last longer than a few seconds. It depends on server maintenance, load, etc.

Welcome to Nosgoth then. Happy hunting!

Feinyr
11th Aug 2014, 22:13
The game freezes when it is syncing at startup. I do have an invite from a friend and did activate the code with the square enix website. After it beeing stuck at the syncing process I can only close the game with the task-manager and if I do that steam crashes.
I turned off the anti virus. So what now?

SIRUS20X6
13th Aug 2014, 02:40
Syncing profile takes many minutes, then it says downloading armory for many minutes. finally when i get in and join a game I get the same thing for a very long time. i have to wait while everyone else is playing the game. I also just noticed that my store is broken? I think. i click store and there are no items. it's just a left panel that says buy runestones, a blank gray middle panel, and a blank gray right panel. I have 1800+ gold. My friends say there are supposed to be items in there.

I tried the live chat help and they told me I should contact my ISP even though my internet connection is just fine and once I get in the game it's fine and I have 235 steam games and I can play other FPS multiplayer games just fine with a 60-80 ping. my download speeds are not great but usually around 500 K/B a second.

my computer specs:
AMD r9 290 with 4GB with 512 bit memory bus
AMD FX 6300 3.5ghz
8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) (in dual channel mode)
windows 8.1 64bit installed on 4x raid 0 array of corsair SSD drives.
Game is installed on 2TB Seagate SHD

I think my game's online profile is broken.

Feinyr
13th Aug 2014, 16:58
I think my game's online profile is broken.

I have the same impression for my problem, especially after trying all possible fixes.

buttugly
14th Aug 2014, 13:30
I've been running betas since 2k4 this has to be the worse for me for crashes. I crash almost after every match with that sync bug. When it does run I notice allot of games finishing with 5-6k for the win and 300 on the loss side difference with some players doing damage sometimes 1-2k. There is not much room for builds so balance shouldn't be an issue. Some serious bugs need to be ironed out.

OnlyLogic
14th Aug 2014, 15:37
Ok, firstly... With that grammar, I doubt you've been seriously contributing to beta improvements since "2k4".

Secondly... What exactly do you propose is wrong? Is it server-side? Is it port redirection? Is it matchmaking? Is it on your end, such as the graphics drivers not responding correctly?

Thirdly... What do those numbers even mean? If you're going to try and help the devs and community with your suggestions, please make them clear.

henrychenn
14th Aug 2014, 16:44
Ok, firstly... With that grammar, I doubt you've been seriously contributing to beta improvements since "2k4".

Secondly... What exactly do you propose is wrong? Is it server-side? Is it port redirection? Is it matchmaking? Is it on your end, such as the graphics drivers not responding correctly?

Thirdly... What do those numbers even mean? If you're going to try and help the devs and community with your suggestions, please make them clear.

I'm guessing the 1-2k and 5-6k mean damage? But I have no clue as it doesn't really make sense haha...

Hazmire
14th Aug 2014, 20:12
As more abilties/weapons/classes are added people will find amazing builds and the meta of the game will change vastly with every update. But for now, yes the game is likely to get stale after a while.

The damage you said at the end of a match has nothing to do with how the game works. Some people will be on par with eachother, whilst others will fall behind the team and have a losing streak. I think people sharing the same class will have similar damage outputs though.

Sometimes a match is a close one, whilst others 1 team clearly dominates. It's just a case of how skilled the players are

Sorry if i didn't answer correctly, your spelling and sentence structure is fairly hard to understand.

buttugly
15th Aug 2014, 14:39

It always kills me when people cruise the forums only to crap on people's grammar. I'm only doing my best posting some issues I run across during gameplay. It's up to the devs to sort out what's notable. Being "clear" to you is not my intention.

I have been in 100's of beta's since 2004 trying to do my best to contribute, your reply does nothing if only to feed your ego it's just plain rude.

Llamageddon
11th Sep 2014, 22:54
Happens most of the time, even when the servers are running at minimal capacity(3%), there's nothing wrong with my connection, be it packet drop, ping, bandwidth, and I really don't know what else could help.

I imagine that it's probably a known issue, but nonetheless, I wanted to report it, and if nothing else, at least get some feedback perhaps.

EDIT: Not to mention, right now, it wants me to sync Steam account all over again, it tells me it succeeded, and then goes on to "Linking your Steam account...", which I don't believe will ever finish, given it's been like ten minutes.

Gugulug5000
9th Nov 2014, 01:44
So for the last month or two it's been taking me forever to download armory and syncing profile. Each patch that's been released lately has made it take longer and longer. Now, after the November 7 hotfix it's taking my game 50-90 seconds to sync profile and download armory as a match starts. I've talked to other people online who have had issues with it as well, but most people have no problems with it. Does anyone know if this is a problem with my computer, or something with the game? Any advice on how to fix it would be great, because it's quite a pain to deal with.

Gugulug5000
8th Dec 2014, 23:33
So I know double posting is a no no, but seeing as my last post was nearly a month ago, I felt like I'd be okay in bumping this thread back up to the top. I'm still having issues syncing my profile and downloading armory. It frequently takes several minutes to finish, and I've even been booted from a few matches because of being afk, since I can't move because it's still downloading armory. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this fixed? I didn't have these problems until November (I started playing in March I think). I've looked through this thread and haven't found anything, and I've already tried reinstalling the game. Thanks in advance.

JanubeTaso
28th Jan 2015, 04:53
After I complete the first game of any session, all of my gold, runes, experience, and stats appear as though I had no data saved. The data is still accumulated after the session ends, so it's not the biggest issue in the world, but there appear to be some associated side effects that are causing me more problems.

1. I cannot host parties. When people try to join me, they see themselves in my "party," but I don't see them, and when I try to join an online match, I join alone. I can, however, join other peoples' parties.

2. I cannot view the shop. It does not load at all.

3. Any new item acquisitions that happen to me, I don't see, whether it's a reward from a match or a promotion pack for leveling, until the next time I open the game.

4. The gold bonus I have unequips after every match.

I know the main issue I have is "known," but I was hoping to gather some information on what might be causing it, and whether or not there's any sort of fix. I've searched around, but found a lot of nothin' so far.

I have uninstalled the game once, as well as unlinking and re-linking my Steam/Square accounts. Neither worked.

DrProfVukasin
28th Jan 2015, 23:40
I recently downloaded Nosgoth and having a blast. Even bought Rune stones cause I am really enjoying this game despite vamps seeming to be overpowered, but eh. Anyway, there is one major bug that is causing me no endless amount of annoyance. After every match during the Account Syncing, the tutorials will always reset themselves causing my in-game lobby screen to bug out completely. My level in the bottom left will go back to 1, my gold and rune stones in the top right will go to zero, all the tutorial popups for each menu will pop up as well, and the timed items in my inventory will all of a suddenly have 16K+ days left. The only way I have found that "fixes" it is to quit the game and restart it after every match. I have uninstalled and re-installed already and it still causes these issues. If anyone knows what is causing it or have a workaround, I would be most appreciative.

JanubeTaso
29th Jan 2015, 02:46
I'm now disconnecting much more often than usual and my booster (despite being equipped) doesn't show up during the endgame gold tally as well. Not sure if that's related or not, but is this a problem where there might be a fix incoming soon? I'd love to know, since this is starting to seriously affect my ability to enjoy the game.

Razaiim
29th Jan 2015, 05:00
I've been kicked out of every game I've played tonight. Just disconnected, no warning, and then get dropped into a different in progress match. Which I finish then when the next one starts, get dropped.

Doowie
29th Jan 2015, 09:47
This is unfortunately a client related bug and can not be fixed with uninstalling/reinstalling. Some are not experiencing this, where as others are having the same problems as yourself. I've had the account level going back to level 1 and then after a few moments going back to it's previous level.

So thus far there only work around is to be patient and wait for hotfixes/patches to be released, which will update/fix these problems for you and others.

But as long as you are able to join games and play, then that's what counts.

Friendly_Kido
30th Jan 2015, 17:58
Hi Idk if it's just me or everyone else is experiencing the same problem. After I open nosgoth through Steam today, it crashes after saying "syncing armory". But yesterday it was working fine. Anyone else?