PDA

View Full Version : Can you stop the PDA/Map from 'snapping' to a base?

jweaver
19th Mar 2010, 08:39
Last night I was trying to look around the demo, using the co-ordinates provided in the Demo thread.

I found it quite difficult as:

a. You can't zoom in far enough to get the granularity that you need
b. Every time you get close to a 'base' the cursor 'snaps' to it..

This means that fine adjustments were impossible.. Am I missing something? Is it possible to zoom in further and/or stop the cursor from snapping to a base?

If not in the demo, I hope that the full game has some improvements in this area, as I found using the map to set a waypoint quite frustrating.

Jon

dayd41
19th Mar 2010, 08:46
The only possible way to stop snapping is to hide the legend icons by first pressing L2 (or LT) and choose the option "Hide all" by navigating to it using the D-Pad.

Zakkon
19th Mar 2010, 11:32
The only possible way to stop snapping is to hide the legend icons by first pressing L2 (or LT) and choose the option "Hide all" by navigating to it using the D-Pad.

What he said.

jweaver
19th Mar 2010, 11:35
What he said.

Just the job.. Thanks for that.. I personally don't think that it zooms in quite far enough myself.. I wonder if this has changed in the full version?

Jon

RedPillow
19th Mar 2010, 11:45
But the PDA itself is very cool and unique, since it shows the map like 3D.

jweaver
19th Mar 2010, 12:03
But the PDA itself is very cool and unique, since it shows the map like 3D.

I agree.. At first I thought there was a glitch of some kind as the map looked 'weird'.. But I then noticed that it was 3D and its a really cool effect.

I just think you should be able to zoom in a bit more.. After all, its a map, not a satellite photo.

Jon

AssassinAgent47
19th Mar 2010, 12:27
What she said.

fixed