PDA

View Full Version : AUDIO/MUSIC Please bring back global sound (windows)

TheMalgot
1st Mar 2014, 21:28
Topic says it all.
When waiting for a match, i browse the internet. For that, i tab down the game.
Since beta, sounds are deactivated then. So i can't hear when a figh starts. So i play in Borderless Window Mode and browse on my other monitor. But then, shadowplay doesn't work. I just missed some awesome moments when i abducted a hunter who just got dropped by another sentinel in mid air, or i killed a tyrant with just 12hp by a perfectly timed knife-throw, but i havn't recorded it for that reason, so yes. Please reactivate it. Or activate shadowplay in BW.

Thanks

Korevas
1st Mar 2014, 21:38
Or even better make an optional toggle just for the "match starting" countdown drums to be played while the game is tabbed out.

RainaAudron
1st Mar 2014, 21:39
Maybe give us an option to turn the sounds/music on/off when the game is minimized?

shinros
2nd Mar 2014, 03:42
Oh yes this function would be great to have back.

Razaiim
2nd Mar 2014, 04:54
I want any of these, because the result is me just turning the drum sound on while tabbed out

Teelux1
2nd Mar 2014, 05:55
Or, like in SC2, have the minimized game window pop to the forefront when a match is ready to begin.

cmstache
2nd Mar 2014, 15:31
It's in the ini settings. I was informed how to change it, but I'm not entirely sure they want it going public. I don't mind posting instructions for this (as I found it hard to submit bugs for emails without going "AFK" at the beginning of a match) provided someone gives me the O.K.

agile2015
2nd Mar 2014, 19:11
+1 to thread, very usefull it would be to toggle some options ingame about starting match notifications.

blincoln
2nd Mar 2014, 19:45
I would really like to know how to do this, so I hope cmstache gets the go-ahead.

DX2014
2nd Mar 2014, 21:43
I want the drums back too, did somebody complain?
I don't understand why this was changed as I found it so useful during long waits between matches.

g0thv4mp1r3
2nd Mar 2014, 22:03
The whole thing to wait for 8 ppl to start a game is time consuming to say the least for others is outright frustrating and they leave because they had waited more than 20 minutes and still nothing happened.

At least if they don't change the way the game starts a match at least they could do is give us back those drum sounds while we wait alt-tab-ed doing something else and not having to stare at the monitor (who knows for how long) to wait for 8 ppl to start the game.

Oh and another thing why the match making puts me and other players on NA servers while there are still ppl in EU servers? or even worse i've seen many NA servers with EU only ppl in them..... now that's wrong.

take it as constructive criticism

Razaiim
2nd Mar 2014, 22:49
It's in the ini settings. I was informed how to change it, but I'm not entirely sure they want it going public. I don't mind posting instructions for this (as I found it hard to submit bugs for emails without going "AFK" at the beginning of a match) provided someone gives me the O.K.

It doesn't affect gameplay, it's just a quality of life thing for players who like to be amused during the wait. I don't forsee too many issues with having this become knowledge, unless Psyonix does plan to have this become an options feature.

Lyesmyth
3rd Mar 2014, 18:58
Well i was dead after alt tab at the start of the match a few times.
having 1 vs 7 in first minut can reeeeely screw you hard
at least three times i noticed more then half of the team, afking cous they didnt ntoiced match started. pelas put drums in ;)

MasterShuriko
4th Mar 2014, 06:07
I want this back aswell!

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 01:15
I miss being able to hear the count down sound effect when minimized and browsing while waiting half an hour for the server to fill up. I praised it when I had it and I miss it now that it's gone!

Razaiim
13th Mar 2014, 04:23
you can edit the game files to bring it back

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 15:55
Is there a post on this somewhere? Is it just a config change?

Razaiim
13th Mar 2014, 16:11
The method isn't posted anywhere. As soon as I get to my game comp I can edit this post with it.

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 19:41
That'd be greatly appreciated. My teammates will be happy to not have to deal with an afk death from me here and there too.

Razaiim
13th Mar 2014, 20:03
Ok here we go: My Documents---->My Games---->Nosgoth---->BCMPGame---->Config---->BCMPSystemsettings

Now use the find function (ctrl+f) Search for UseDirectSount. It will be set to False. delete the word False and write True (the capital is important). Next time you start nogoth, you will here the drum beats for the match start counter.

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 20:10
Awesome. I'll try it out when I'm home. Thanks again.

killdrith
13th Mar 2014, 21:48
Unfortunately my "UseDirectSound" is already True.

Saturnity
13th Mar 2014, 23:47
It would definitely cut down on afkers if this would apply to everyone on default again. An in-game option to turn it off would help newer players, too.

Razaiim
13th Mar 2014, 23:59
Then switch it to False, I think it reset on me and I didn't notice.

LauraOrganaSolo
14th Mar 2014, 03:42
Bumping this thread because I really want this back.

Psyonix_Corey
14th Mar 2014, 04:46
We'll look into adding an option, and having the window flash when the match is starting

shinros
14th Mar 2014, 10:25
Corey you and the team are awesome for doing this can't wait for it to be added again.

killdrith
14th Mar 2014, 15:04
Switching it to False does work! Thanks!

I do think this causes a "high volume" bug to occur more frequently that persists until I restart Nosgoth, but I'm willing to make that trade off.

SiD_Green
14th Mar 2014, 15:40
Hell yes, thank you Razaiim!

Unknown_Mystery
15th Mar 2014, 17:14
Yeah, i think this is needed. Other games do this as well to ensure that once people are in games, they actually aren't standing still and dying.