PDA

View Full Version : FF7 game freezes upon sleep

sueil1-275272
15th Aug 2012, 20:24
So I started playing and got past Aeris house and was grinding a bit before going to sector 6. Go back to her house to rest/sleep and the screen faded to black, the sleep music played and then the game just stayed like that and the music looped over and over again. Wrote it off as just a one time glitch until it happened exactly the same way again when I rested at the inn in WalMarket. Not sure what to do now because pretty sure sleeping is essential in parts of the game.

Manny360
17th Aug 2012, 15:39
Everything runs smooth in the re-release of Final Fantasy VII so far. But I discovered an annoying bug/error while playing it yesterday. It happens when you try to buy something from the vending machine in the inn toward the entrance (I guess you can call it a mini-side quest when getting accessories for Cloud's disguise). After you make the purchase Cloud and Aeris go to sleep and the music plays...but it keeps playing in a loop! I can't get out of it, then I'm forced to force-close FFVII and start from my save point -__-
Will there be any fixes for this or are there any fixes that are known?

Thanks in advance.

crono1973
17th Aug 2012, 16:41
Everything runs smooth in the re-release of Final Fantasy VII so far. But I discovered an annoying bug/error while playing it yesterday. It happens when you try to buy something from the vending machine in the inn toward the entrance (I guess you can call it a mini-side quest when getting accessories for Cloud's disguise). After you make the purchase Cloud and Aeris go to sleep and the music plays...but it keeps playing in a loop! I can't get out of it, then I'm forced to force-close FFVII and start from my save point -__-

Thanks in advance.

Did you replace the music?

Manny360
17th Aug 2012, 16:56

Thanks in advance.

Yes I did....is that the culprit of this problem?

Quadocky
17th Aug 2012, 17:07

Thanks in advance.

Most likely, if it has a loop point put in it the game will keep playing that loop in certain cases. The sleep song is not suppose to have one.

The file is called yado.ogg.

Just to confirm this, I checked the metadata of the original on the Re-Release and this song is not suppose to have a loop point.

crono1973
17th Aug 2012, 17:09

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, if you backed up the original music, just copy the affected file (listed by the poster above me) back over.

Manny360
17th Aug 2012, 17:16
@Crono1973 & @Quadocky,

Thanks guys, gonna delete the music and put the re-release music back on.

Manny360
17th Aug 2012, 17:23

Thanks in advance.

Most likely, if it has a loop point put in it the game will keep playing that loop in certain cases. The sleep song is not suppose to have one.

The file is called yado.ogg.

Just to confirm this, I checked the metadata of the original on the Re-Release and this song is not suppose to have a loop point.

I went ahead and deleted all the music that was changed and placed the original backed up music. Do you think if I just replaced the yado.ogg file and left all the modified music it would've worked regardless or what do you think?

the_randomizer
17th Aug 2012, 17:44
Did you install the updated music pack? The original one had looping errors in the music, but the newer one does not. The sleep theme works fine on my end.

www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+F... (http://www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+FF7+Fixed+Music+v2.zip)

Manny360
17th Aug 2012, 17:52
Did you install the updated music pack? The original one had looping errors in the music, but the newer one does not. The sleep theme works fine on my end.

www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+F... (http://www.gamefront.com/files/22135087/Fixed+FF7+Fixed+Music+v2.zip)

No I didn't, downloading now. Thanks!

the_randomizer
17th Aug 2012, 18:38

No I didn't, downloading now. Thanks!

Glad I could be of help!

Aliciia
1st Sep 2012, 07:49
I'm having the same issue, only the music stops and the screen just stays black. I have to alt-f4 to exit and restart the game. Please help! It's so frustrating to watch a long cutscene and try to sleep, crash, have restart and watch it all over, forget to skip the inn and crash again sometimes... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Izrafiel
2nd Sep 2012, 16:48
Change your resolution to 1024x768. It worked for me.