PDA

View Full Version : The new website is up!!

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 16:13
http://www.kaneandlynch.com/#/home
It's there!! :D

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 16:18
Good eyes!

What does ’s mean? Its all over the synopsis.

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:20
We have to make new accounts for this site, correct?

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 16:31
Good eyes!

What does ’s mean? Its all over the synopsis.

Yeah, I've been refreshing the forum whole day with hope that the "new website" message will be here...than thought I'd give a try with the source :)

sublime90
17th Mar 2010, 16:36
just watched the new trailer and it looks pretty crazy. i cant wait until august. i have to admit its a little weird following lynch around im so use to seeing kane.

killingroad1986
17th Mar 2010, 16:42
You do have to register with the site. Once you do, go to the exclusive assets section. There is more gameplay towards the end of the trailer that is there. It also looks like we get access to more game content by registering. That is what the site seems to imply.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 16:49
What's the catch ? ...

I mean you register for free and you get extra content , why not just give extra content to everyone directly ? it's not like we're paying or giving something in return for registering ...

Except perhaps our name , age and address ...

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 16:52
Exactly.
Also - what's with the wallpapers?? coz' the ones in the wprps section aren't working for me, just a small size images...oh, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong - as for now we've got only one exclusibe content...right?

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 17:01
Them saying that we can register for exclusive content and get hands on time combined with the fact that they will have heat maps makes me think one thing: Beta testing. I'm thinking they might give some beta time of Fragile Alliance to the first lot of people that registered. Of course this could just be me being extremely paranoid and excited

One of Seven
17th Mar 2010, 17:08
What do you mean "Heat maps"?

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 17:11
What do you mean "Heat maps"?
Heat maps are things used by devs to see where the most action takes place on a campaign or multiplayer map. it helps balance things. If you are registered at Bungie's site, they have heat maps for all their Halo 3 maps.

Here's an example: http://www.haloforever.com/images/heatmaps/halo_3_guardian_heatmap.jpg

One of Seven
17th Mar 2010, 17:14
Haha, oh okay, I thought you were stating that they had maps from the movie Heat. As you can tell, I don't know jack s*** about any of that.

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 17:16
You and me both.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 17:17
Guess i'll pass , i mean i'm not exactly a veteran of multi player so ...

UhUh
17th Mar 2010, 19:41
Ehy nice work, I like the song in the exclusive area and the in car camera, so nostalgic.
Can we have a author and title for the song?

Nick@IO
17th Mar 2010, 20:18
We have to make new accounts for this site, correct?

Yes but once more functionality is added, you can hook up that account to this one. And to your gamertag and your PSN account as well.

Clamps
17th Mar 2010, 22:41
I just got the username kane :P

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 18:18
Prepare to get lynched ! ...

UhUh
18th Mar 2010, 18:36
I saw this on the synopsis

Intense action in Single Player, online and offline Co-op, Fragile Alliance multiplayer and Arcade modes.

Arcade modes?
any idea? o_O

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 18:42
Kane & Lynch Dead Men - Director's Cut , a 16 bit Contra style shooter ...

UhUh
18th Mar 2010, 18:51
That would be pretty cool actually :P

btw, there's 2 new screens on the site

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 19:00
Arcade is usually related to scores ... so it could be some sort of 'kill as much enemies as you can' thing based on the single player levels ...

Personnaly though i prefer the 16 bit idea ...

Brackstone17
18th Mar 2010, 19:40
Arcade is usually related to scores ... so it could be some sort of 'kill as much enemies as you can' thing based on the single player levels ...

You never know, that 16 bit version of Dark Void for the DS was better received than the full game itself. I'd love if the arcade mode ended up being something like The Club was though.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 21:54
I'd love if the arcade mode ended up being something like The Club was though.

As a bonus mode sure , why not ...

The trophies / achievements are going to be a pain though , if this turns out to be real ...

UhUh
18th Mar 2010, 23:00

If everything else fail, we can make our own!
http://imgur.com/1scjA.png

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 23:15
Genius ! ...

chaoticd
19th Mar 2010, 00:52
If everything else fail, we can make our own!
http://imgur.com/1scjA.png

ohhhh, i like these sprites. did you make them? can i use them? i could make a beastly kane and lynch flash game.

Jacksolsmith
19th Mar 2010, 00:55
Hands up who thinks the arcade modes have a 2 players against a horde of enemies mode?

UhUh
19th Mar 2010, 07:39
ohhhh, i like these sprites. did you make them? can i use them? i could make a beastly kane and lynch flash game.

Yeah I did them, if you want to we can make it a comunity effort!
I don't even know how to program my holidays, but maybe I can manage to make the sprites :P

Nick@IO
19th Mar 2010, 08:43
If you guys did something like this, I would worship the ground on which you walk.

The sprites are beautiful!

Falkenwut
19th Mar 2010, 11:08
Hands up who thinks the arcade modes have a 2 players against a horde of enemies mode?

I'm up for that! (excluding the horde of enemies mode)
2d 2 player arcade game of kane and lynch... excluding the mobile game, that would be awesome!

chaoticd
19th Mar 2010, 19:37
If you guys did something like this, I would worship the ground on which you walk.

The sprites are beautiful!

oh great. im a flash game designer. so, my email is ChaoticDoomOfBob@aol.com. pleases IO MANAGER, send me some info on what to give credit too. i would also appreciate some music (if possible). as for my sprite creator, hehe, send me some sprites and terrain, and we can make something to remember. im feeling awsome now. :D