PDA

View Full Version : GOL's Gameplay?

Jason Miller
17th Mar 2010, 03:25
When I first saw the screenshots, I was going to have a heart attack!!:eek:
But when I read Keir's comments, I started changing my mind.:) I really don't think people can judge the game at this stage of knowledge of it!

Anyways, do you guys think the gameplay and Lara model are similar to those of TRU? It's because I've heard alot of comments regarding it's familiar blue "tint" and how the GOL Lara model looks like a gloveless TRU Lara.

P.S. I like saying "Mirror of Smoke"! Mirror of Smoke Mirror of Smoke!!!! lol the damn word makes me cough!!

Ants_27_
17th Mar 2010, 08:00
Well at the minute I get two different images in my head... one just walking around which is Lara and one when in combat who is Jill Valentine!:D

That sounded like I'm playing the game when I'm not:P

Anywho, I think it will probably play a bit similar to Underworld but will probably do a way with the whole press circle to roll. But apart from that it will probably be similar!

Jason Miller
17th Mar 2010, 13:42
Well at the minute I get two different images in my head... one just walking around which is Lara and one when in combat who is Jill Valentine!:D

That sounded like I'm playing the game when I'm not:P

Anywho, I think it will probably play a bit similar to Underworld but will probably do a way with the whole press circle to roll. But apart from that it will probably be similar!

You're right, she does look like Jill with her pistols upholstered! Oh, and I'm hoping it's nothing like Underworld! Keir said it would be unique and different from all the other TRs we've played, which kinda gets me excited! Anyways, I won't be doing any judging until I've seen more.:)

Jason Miller
17th Mar 2010, 13:46
Mirror of Smoke!
Mirror of Smoke!!
Mirror of Smoke!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ants_27_
17th Mar 2010, 13:55
Mirror of Smoke!
Mirror of Smoke!!
Mirror of Smoke!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Your loving it!:D

Obviously I can't really say but going from the games of this style that I've played before they tend to use the right analogue to shoot? From the screenshots its seems that it won't be but who knows!:cool:

I would like a change from the underworld gameplay as it seems pretty average now (maybe thats me). Not really bad as such, just less ineresting now.:scratch:

Jason Miller
17th Mar 2010, 15:38
Your loving it!:D

Obviously I can't really say but going from the games of this style that I've played before they tend to use the right analogue to shoot? From the screenshots its seems that it won't be but who knows!:cool:

I would like a change from the underworld gameplay as it seems pretty average now (maybe thats me). Not really bad as such, just less ineresting now.:scratch:

Well, I really want this game to be a more interactive one! Maybe LBP-ish but with pistols. You move each of Lara's arms separately by holding down either the L2 or R2 buttons depending on which arm you want to move using either L3 or R3!:D

CaptainMcMulla
17th Mar 2010, 18:15
You can never judge a game just by looking at it. I had no interest in God Of War 3, i saw screenshots, didnt like it. i saw trailers, didnt like it. i watched the e3 demo, didnt like it. Then i played the demo which absolutely blew me away to bits.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
18th Mar 2010, 01:12
When I first saw the screenshots, I was going to have a heart attack!!:eek:
But when I read Keir's comments, I started changing my mind.:) I really don't think people can judge the game at this stage of knowledge of it!

Anyways, do you guys think the gameplay and Lara model are similar to those of TRU? It's because I've heard alot of comments regarding it's familiar blue "tint" and how the GOL Lara model looks like a gloveless TRU Lara.

P.S. I like saying "Mirror of Smoke"! Mirror of Smoke Mirror of Smoke!!!! lol the damn word makes me cough!!

Too early to know for sure. I hope they don't mirror TRU's puzzles and gameplay as it seemed the weaked of the CD games for those aspects. The screenshots don't really tell the full picture as they are just still images.

Jason Miller
23rd Mar 2010, 03:59
Too early to know for sure. I hope they don't mirror TRU's puzzles and gameplay as it seemed the weaked of the CD games for those aspects. The screenshots don't really tell the full picture as they are just still images.

Hey! Some of the puzzles were really nice! But I agree that the gameplay was a
s***load of c***! And yes, like Keir stated, "The screenshots don't do the game justice!". :D