PDA

View Full Version : The Next Big Thing (TM)

Nick@IO
16th Mar 2010, 13:39
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, here's the deal. Tomorrow, on Wednesday the 17th of March at around 10AM PST (that's around 18.00 in Europe), we're giving you lot a pile of new things to enjoy and talk about.

There's going to be an official release date announcement. This will take the form of a press release. Interesting? Yes. But it gets better.

There's a new trailer out. Gameplay. Most of you figured that out already and the team has been working like crazy to get the best thing possible ready for this release. The trailer will go live exclusively on IGN tomorrow at 10 AM PST and will be released everywhere else on Thursday.

There's also an extended version of the gameplay trailer for community only (that's you guys in case you're wondering). It has 20-30 seconds of additional in-game footage, showing some pretty crazy stuff and featuring a very nice piece of music.

The extended version of the trailer (along with the regular version) will go live on the NEW website, which looks a lot like the current one but with more features and fun bits like the extended trailer. The website update brings with it a load of stuff now and even more in the future. So, yes, there's a fansite kit with a load of assets. There's a weblog with weekly feature updates. There's a whole bunch of new screenshots (around 20, if not more). There are a few wallpapers, some artwork and bits an pieces. In addition, we're working on some other sections, which will be opened up as the campaign moves on.

We'll work hard to update the site frequently and with cool insightful things and if you go and register there, you will be able to gain access to the exclusive assets that we are going to put up now and again.

We appreciate your patience and your interest very much and here's to hoping you guys are going to enjoy this update and the ones to come. We've got some really cool things lined up, so this is going to be an interesting summer for sure!

UhUh
16th Mar 2010, 13:53
Yes! :D

petersjov
16th Mar 2010, 14:13
Thanks!! - Im almost crying, ;-)

NationofUlysses
16th Mar 2010, 14:38
Insanely excited.
I loved the first game despite its chunkiness. LOVED IT.

JackGordon
16th Mar 2010, 14:51
Wonderful!

Dr Klowneus
16th Mar 2010, 14:55
Awesome!!!!!!

One of Seven
16th Mar 2010, 14:56
Alright, ladies and gentlemen, here's the deal. Tomorrow, on Wednesday the 17th of March at around 10AM PST (that's around 18.00 in Europe), we're giving you lot a pile of new things to enjoy and talk about.

There's going to be an official release date announcement. This will take the form of a press release. Interesting? Yes. But it gets better.

There's a new trailer out. Gameplay. Most of you figured that out already and the team has been working like crazy to get the best thing possible ready for this release. The trailer will go live exclusively on IGN tomorrow at 10 AM PST and will be released everywhere else on Thursday.

There's also an extended version of the gameplay trailer for community only (that's you guys in case you're wondering). It has 20-30 seconds of additional in-game footage, showing some pretty crazy stuff and featuring a very nice piece of music.

The extended version of the trailer (along with the regular version) will go live on the NEW website, which looks a lot like the current one but with more features and fun bits like the extended trailer. The website update brings with it a load of stuff now and even more in the future. So, yes, there's a fansite kit with a load of assets. There's a weblog with weekly feature updates. There's a whole bunch of new screenshots (around 20, if not more). There are a few wallpapers, some artwork and bits an pieces. In addition, we're working on some other sections, which will be opened up as the campaign moves on.

We'll work hard to update the site frequently and with cool insightful things and if you go and register there, you will be able to gain access to the exclusive assets that we are going to put up now and again.

We appreciate your patience and your interest very much and here's to hoping you guys are going to enjoy this update and the ones to come. We've got some really cool things lined up, so this is going to be an interesting summer for sure!

Bear my children.

The Pope
16th Mar 2010, 15:06
"[...] and God Himself, has spoken to it's children! The Prophecy of the near future has been given!" :D

...only one more day....only one more day...

Morphilms
16th Mar 2010, 15:12
Thank you. Roll on 6pm 2moro in europe

Vulture
16th Mar 2010, 16:08
oh my god..
first release date accounment is awesome
secondly,i knew a gameplay trailer was coming
and that fankit will be a great gift for me and my kane&lynch work in progress website!:D

Bawabus
16th Mar 2010, 16:12
I will not be jizzing in anyone's pants, thank you very much.

But I am excited.

Brackstone17
16th Mar 2010, 16:17
Today is going to be terrible with the anticipation. I cannot wait to see some gameplay. Also, regarding the extended trailer, he mentioned a very nice piece of music. Could that maybe mean Jesper Kyd? Or am I just blind with excitement right now?

Bevacur
16th Mar 2010, 17:20
YES FINALLY SOMETHING NEW! :nut:

Tomorrow of course :(

Bevacur
16th Mar 2010, 17:21
Bear my children.

Yes! I agree, have his children Nick!

TheMoD
16th Mar 2010, 17:44
oh god someone knock me out and make me wake up tomorrow at 6pm

Falkenwut
16th Mar 2010, 17:54
FINALLY :D :D our patience has been rewarded :D ... Hope the release date will be before summer (crosses fingers)

joe the janitor
16th Mar 2010, 19:07
:worship:

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 19:51
My Fellow Dead Dogs ...

You're all well aware that after feasting on tomorrow's pile of bones you'll all get hungry again , and surely , whining like a bunch of mad dogs once more , begging for IO to release even Moar information to satisfy this ... this , this spoiled ego ... are you ? ...

You are suppose to be the ones that feed this community alive , You are suppose to fill up this forum with productive conversations , to build up this fellowship of ours , talk about other games you played in relation to this game that unites us here in this forum , write stories ... where's that fanfic topic ? where's that three words stories topic ? complaining about the lack of official news all month long is , ironically , killing this forum ...

We got use to barking to obtain information on the game , and having it delivered with a cake , well now you'll get your pile of news which occupy you for a week maybe ... but after that ... what will you do in here until the game is released ? ...

One of Seven
16th Mar 2010, 20:02
You know what Grievous if you don't like it you can get out! *Draws dagger*

Nick@IO
16th Mar 2010, 20:09
You know what Grievous if you don't like it you can get out! *Draws dagger*

Now now, let's be civil here, please.

Grievous does have a point in that you shouldn't expect IO or Eidos to continuously feed you, though he's also provoking you a little. Once in a while, you will have to entertain yourselves and I will do my best to bring you lovely chunks of meat on a regular basis.

One of Seven
16th Mar 2010, 20:11

Grievous does have a point in that you shouldn't expect IO or Eidos to continuously feed you, though he's also provoking you a little. Once in a while, you will have to entertain yourselves and I will do my best to bring you lovely chunks of meat on a regular basis.

Oh no, I've had to whip out my trusty dagger on Grievous before. So Nick how's my offer?

FoolForALifetime
16th Mar 2010, 20:11
My Fellow Dead Dogs ...

You're all well aware that after feasting on tomorrow's pile of bones you'll all get hungry again , and surely , whining like a bunch of mad dogs once more , begging for IO to release even Moar information to satisfy this ... this , this spoiled ego ... are you ? ...

You are suppose to be the ones that feed this community alive , You are suppose to fill up this forum with productive conversations , to build up this fellowship of ours , talk about other games you played in relation to this game that unites us here in this forum , write stories ... where's that fanfic topic ? where's that three words stories topic ? complaining about the lack of official news all month long is , ironically , killing this forum ...

We got use to barking to obtain information on the game , and having it delivered with a cake , well now you'll get your pile of news which occupy you for a week maybe ... but after that ... what will you do in here until the game is released ? ...

We'll have productive conversations, build up our fellowship, talk about games we played in relation to this game that unites us here in this forum and write stories...all involving the new information we'll have after tomorrow.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 20:29
I was personally in a forum where we knew we'll have no more than three trailers and two previews to occupy ourselves with for more than half a year , and yet we managed to keep that forum alive , it was like disney land , only that the lights were on 24/7 , and it was through that liveliness of the forum that we literally made the game even more popular that it already was ...

Well , maybe i'm exaggerating a bit , but here's my point ...

The Kane & Lynch franchise has currently three type of audience : the fans of Dead Men , the haters of Dead Men , and the new guys who will decide to either ignore Dog Days , or take a interest in it ...
And so these people that are interested in Dog Days will read the previews , and once they've done that what do you think they'll do ? ...

They'll come here ...

And what will they think once they see You , the Fans , walking around like dead men , rolling all over the floor like hungry dogs and , well , not smiling ? ...

It's all politics ...

sublime90
16th Mar 2010, 20:50
this is sweet. i just saw the IO update on twitter and came here for the full story. now i have something to look forward to before i go to the Dr. tomorrow. im really excited to see the gameplay i think we've all been really interested to see what all the previews have been talking about saying "you have to see this game in motion to understand what we're saying" with all the effects and things like that. looking forward to see the website live as well. im hoping for a summer release date.

MetalHead009
16th Mar 2010, 21:03
OMFG! this is so awesome!
i so hope the release date will be soon!
(sry if my english is bad, im portuguese xD)

Brackstone17
16th Mar 2010, 21:26

In regards to entertaining ourselves, would a social/off-topic board be a possibility? That would certainly keep people around here a bit more interested in the board and it would help fill in some of the down time between info releases like the one tomorrow.

Also, Nick, how long might this upcoming trailer be?

Falkenwut
16th Mar 2010, 21:32
Well from my case Of hungry-dog-itis was because:
1> IOI promised that the site would be done in 2010 - we all had high expectations for the beginning of 2010, That was kinda my fault
2> Some gameplay footage is always nice.. but the tedious wait was annoying :(... but my patience is rewarded :D
3> The famous release date - that what I've really been waiting for... I can stay more dormant on this coz I can wait without info, without getting spoiled, and get to see the game in action for myself when the time is right...

Bevacur
16th Mar 2010, 21:33
Can i be fed with a spoon please? I also might require a new bib. *sarcasm*

General Grievious we are not children, well maybe... but yeah if you don't like it then leave
*also draws dagger*

I jokes! But you can't really blame us, well maybe you can but we are all excited. Game info is like a drug, once you got your boost you crave for more.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 21:35
*throws Bevacur out of the window* ...

*but he lands into a pool* ...

*with crocodiles* ...

* ! * ...

Bevacur
16th Mar 2010, 21:43
*Drowns*

Nick@IO
16th Mar 2010, 21:44
In regards to entertaining ourselves, would a social/off-topic board be a possibility? That would certainly keep people around here a bit more interested in the board and it would help fill in some of the down time between info releases like the one tomorrow.

Also, Nick, how long might this upcoming trailer be?

I'll look into setting up an off-topic board, yeah. Been meaning to do that for a while.

The trailer is just long enough to be pure, outstanding awesomeness! At least, that's what I think.

BeardedHoplite
16th Mar 2010, 21:44
Damn, and I thought today was going to be all about Metro 2033
But now I must see that trailer and the website
Thanks to IO and Nick

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 21:45
How dare you to drown ! ...
You were suppose to be eaten alive by crocodiles ! ...
My poor hungry crocodiles ...

Bevacur
16th Mar 2010, 21:54
How dare you to drown ! ...
You were suppose to be eaten alive by crocodiles ! ...
My poor hungry crocodiles ...

*Magically comes back to life*

*Gets eaten and dies again*

Phew! Dying is a hard job!

Bawabus
16th Mar 2010, 22:22
I like discussion in general, so if people want to talk, just start talking about something of substance and I will contribute.

GrievousOdyssey
16th Mar 2010, 22:28
Ok ...

Substantial ...

Now , your turn ...

YoungZer0
17th Mar 2010, 03:13

You could ... erm, "lose" some of the concept arts for the game. I'd love that.

Zidrien
17th Mar 2010, 05:12
OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod it's too good to be true!!!

Zidrien
17th Mar 2010, 05:16
Yes! It's finally happening!

Vulture
17th Mar 2010, 09:32
6.5 hours left,right?
correct me if im wrong

BeardedHoplite
17th Mar 2010, 13:05
Only two more hours in Chicago
The upside is that I'll be in school...

Falkenwut
17th Mar 2010, 15:05
2 more hours... what to do.. what to do........ *whistle*

Vulture
17th Mar 2010, 15:20
2 more hours... what to do.. what to do........ *whistle*

i think i'll watch lost to make the time past:D

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 15:31
i think i'll watch lost to make the time past:D

I love Lost!! But unfortunatly i don't have Sky so i guess i have to wait untill the boxset comes out. How good is the last season??

Currently i am watching House season 1. Love it so far.

Acid_Burn
17th Mar 2010, 15:43
While waiting for the trailer, you can take a look at new http://www.deadmen.ru/en.html
And maybe you'll find 2 new HOT screens. Especially, Lynch with a dog :D

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 15:47
While waiting for the trailer, you can take a look at new http://www.deadmen.ru/en.html

Wow! Love the website lay-out.

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 15:48
Lol awesome! Is this confirmation of melee weapons like the fire-hydrant?

Dr Klowneus
17th Mar 2010, 15:48

You're sites looking very cool these days, well done. also cool screens
:D

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 15:55
Damn Lynch ! Loose some weight ! ...

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 15:58
I cant watch or download the 'Welcome to Shanghai' trailer, says link is not found.

Acid_Burn
17th Mar 2010, 16:01
Yep. It will work tomorrow only :) Today it's only on IGN and kaneandlymch.com
And i can tell that it's awesome. Watched it for 5 times :D

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 16:01
Because We're Not Suppose To Be Watching It Yet ...
Boo ...

Edit : Five Times Only ? We Gonna Watch It Fourty Seven Times ...

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 16:04
What is the difference between the us and uk version

3 words. Oh my god. That was just 100% awesome in its purest form.

I am soooo hyped!! Bravo to the devs!! I loved the humour at the beginning of the reailer. Lynch: 'Nice to meet ya Kane its been a while!' Kane: *no reply*.

Is that song in the background going to be in the game? It was really good!

Oh and i smell another nightclub level! :D

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:04
Don't ask me why, but the expression on the dog in that screen shot made me laugh. He's like a deer caught in the headlights.

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 16:06
What is the difference between the us and uk version?

Why would there be a difference ? ...

Acid_Burn
17th Mar 2010, 16:07
Edit : Five Times Only ? We Gonna Watch It Fourty Seven Times ...
I'm in progress now. :D

What is the difference between the us and uk version?
Only the Pegi and ESRB logos. And probably some extra line in the copyright lines in the end of a trailer.

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 16:11
Why would there be a difference ? ...

There is 2 versions on the ign website. Just curious, but i am going to watch the trailer for 2 hours straight.

JackGordon
17th Mar 2010, 16:14
The new trailer is EXCELLENT!

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:15
It was...beautiful.

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 16:16
It was... like a form of art...

GrievousOdyssey
17th Mar 2010, 16:18
there is 2 versions on the ign website. Just curious, but i am going to watch the trailer for 2 hours straight.

whhhhhooooooooopppsss ...

Nick@IO
17th Mar 2010, 16:20
Website is live, guys. New screens, gameplay trailer and extended version there. Check it out!

Vulture
17th Mar 2010, 16:30
Website is live, guys. New screens, gameplay trailer and extended version there. Check it out!

im tryin to get in but the loading is taking forever with my 1mbit internet

JackGordon
17th Mar 2010, 16:31
GREATNESS!!! Can you tell us more about these 'Arcade Modes'?

Nick@IO
17th Mar 2010, 16:35
Are other people having issues with loading?

JackGordon
17th Mar 2010, 16:36
Are other people having issues with loading?

Yes, the media section in particular.

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 16:37
For the first time it stopped at 89% but at the second shot it was ok. Had little problem with Kane's artwork at first...

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:39
The extended trailer doesn't want to load for me. Everything else is great so far though.

The Pope
17th Mar 2010, 16:41
There's an extended trailer?? I can see only one...
EDIT: ok I gotta register...got it!

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:43
There's an extended trailer?? I can see only one...
EDIT: ok I gotta register...got it!
There's supposed to be an extended trailer in the exclusive assets area. You get that after you register for the new site.

YoungZer0
17th Mar 2010, 16:49
Oh my god, this is so unreal! The game looks so ******* great, I came buckets! Better than anything i had imagined. And then it comes out in August? Hell yeah!

Brackstone17
17th Mar 2010, 16:56
It says pre-order in the menu on the site, does that mean we will be able to pre-order directly from the site? I'd much prefer doing that, I really don't like dealing with EB.

TheMoD
17th Mar 2010, 17:18
Oh god I just watched the regular trailer and well... O.O Now excuse me I have to take a look at the website, and thank you guys for blowing us away!

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 17:23
Everything is fine for me.

I only just noticed that Kane's face looks so different.

Nick@IO
17th Mar 2010, 20:07
Cool. Unsticking this thread now.

Vulture
17th Mar 2010, 21:53
i have to say. fankit is a dissapointment it only has 2 artworks of kane and lynch.. other than that everything is things we saw

Unpaid Intern
17th Mar 2010, 22:21
maybe you missed this new artwork :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/images/display/65570.jpg

link to article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99191-Kane-Lynch-Wish-You-Happy-St-Patricks-Day

BeardedHoplite
17th Mar 2010, 22:44
That is Badass, with a capital B.

Kent-45
17th Mar 2010, 23:51

link to article: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99191-Kane-Lynch-Wish-You-Happy-St-Patricks-Day

Probably a scene from the ESRB description involving Kane and Lynch being tortured

Bevacur
17th Mar 2010, 23:54
Don't suppose anyone knows if we actually witness Kane & Lynch getting tortured?

Last time i watched someone getting tortured was...not pleasant. A friend of mine showed me 3 guys 1 hammer.

It is some serious disturbing ****. The worst video i have ever encountered on the internet.

Falkenwut
17th Mar 2010, 23:57
^ please PLEASE let's see them getting tortured *cracks whip*......
Not that i'm a Sadist *hides whip* but it would show originality in a game! The last time I saw a main character get tortured was in The Saboteur, the main character getting simply kicked in the face.... COME ON! BRING IN THE HARDCORE TORTURE!! *evil glare*

Bevacur
18th Mar 2010, 00:00
The 3 guys 1 hammer video i mentioned is real. Some unconscience guy gets his face smashed in with a hammer. I wont go into detail but it is the worst thing on the internet, what is even more bad its 3 19 year olds doing it and sound casual.

Normally i am not weak stomached as i love violence in games. Its like a moving art picture blowing someone's head apart on Fallout 3 :)

Am i the only one who likes to look at the details of dead bodies in games? Or maybe looking at chunks of meat or blood on the floor in games?

Falkenwut
18th Mar 2010, 00:10
^ well it's media to blame for your sadistic pleasure

When you see it in reality it's a different story... One of hitler's henchmen Himmler tried to mass-murder the Jews originally buy shooting them in the head.. after seeing a guy's cerebral fluid fall onto his clothes, he fainted....
My point - despite him being a cruel sadistic psycho... he's still human

My other point - Reality's depiction of gore is faar different then how media does it... The more realistic they try to make it.. the more people will go nuts over it.. unless it gets too real.. (which is where I'm hoping Kane and lynch to be)

The Pope
18th Mar 2010, 07:30
Don't suppose anyone knows if we actually witness Kane & Lynch getting tortured?

Last time i watched someone getting tortured was...not pleasant. A friend of mine showed me 3 guys 1 hammer.

It is some serious disturbing ****. The worst video i have ever encountered on the internet.

hmmm...I'm guessing you haven't seen Guinea Pig...it was The Most sick **** I've seen...some asian guys trying to make a movie about tortures...on a woman. Don't ask.

Nick@IO
18th Mar 2010, 12:07
Guys, this discussion is going off-topic. Please settle your tempers and use better wording.

@Fritz: We're not accepting slander or slacking of groups of people here, so please refrain from doing that if you want to participate here.

Thank.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 17:12
The 3 guys 1 hammer video i mentioned is real. Some unconscience guy gets his face smashed in with a hammer. I wont go into detail but it is the worst thing on the internet, what is even more bad its 3 19 year olds doing it and sound casual.

Well you obviously didn't saw that video on facebook where a man gets beheaded with a kitchen knife ...

/discussion ...

Nick@IO
18th Mar 2010, 18:49
Alright boys, this is getting out of hand. I'm cleaning up all the nonsense here and issuing a formal warning to the trolls - you know who you are. Please behave or you will get booted.

Get this boat back on target or the thread closes. And be respectful, please.

Thanks.

GrievousOdyssey
18th Mar 2010, 18:56
Well turns out i failed to watch the new trailer fourty seven times ... shame on me ...

Jacksolsmith
20th Mar 2010, 17:15
Actually I feel this thread is now redundant, since we have "opinions on trailer" and "The new website is up!" threads.
Those are my two rather unhelpful pence :whistle:

GrievousOdyssey
20th Mar 2010, 22:32
Nevertheless I nominate "The Next Big Thing (TM)" as this year's best title for a topic ...

*pumps shotgun with a gleaming smile* ...
Who's not with me ? ...

Vulture
20th Mar 2010, 22:43

i saw that but from the fankit i expected loads of stuff to use at my website but there was only 2artworks of kane and lynch
so.. thats why i said that

Unpaid Intern
21st Mar 2010, 00:02
Yeah I know man, I was surprised to see very little there as well. I'm not sure how the marketing guys are planning this out; maybe they want to drop a ton of screens first and then concepts later? Would be nice to see some characters at least..

chaoticd
21st Mar 2010, 01:17
Alright boys, this is getting out of hand. I'm cleaning up all the nonsense here and issuing a formal warning to the trolls - you know who you are. Please behave or you will get booted.

Get this boat back on target or the thread closes. And be respectful, please.

Thanks.

how come you can talk to people being unconsistent with topics but not answer my messages about the kane and lynch flash game forum i made?

RAPIST
21st Mar 2010, 01:45
chaoticd don't go off topic.
And who cares about your game it's probably not gonna be finished anyway, and if it does get finished it'll probably suck.

Anyway, this thread should probably be locked.

chaoticd
21st Mar 2010, 02:28
chaoticd don't go off topic.
And who cares about your game it's probably not gonna be finished anyway, and if it does get finished it'll probably suck.

Anyway, this thread should probably be locked.

i thought that was on topic? it will get finished. if Uhuh dosnt redo the art, i will call my team to recreate the art. i doubt it will suck, i make good stuff.

PS: this is on topic because the game could be the next big thing. who knows?

RAPIST
21st Mar 2010, 02:36
The thread is about the, back then, upcoming new media. Now, the media is out and they already have new threads for the trailer and what not, so this one should be locked.

And same for your game, it already has a thread, use that one.

GrievousOdyssey
21st Mar 2010, 04:14
Nevertheless I nominate "The Next Big Thing (TM)" as this year's best title for a topic ...

*pumps shotgun with a gleaming smile* ...
Who's not with me ? ...

So yeah , no objections was heard ...

"The Next Big Thing (TM)" is now a official nominee for the category of Best title for a topic ...

Thunder applause for the topic creator , Nick@IO ...