PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Suggestion Reaver class.

zerofksgiven
12th Mar 2014, 10:05
Well been playing reaver mostly for vamps.. and was wondering why do you guys even allow normal pounce? seems like this skill takes no skill at all just right click and wait for the aim to pop up and pounce... zero skill involved.

My thought is remove normal pounce and keep savage pounce, Savage pounce does do more damage but it takes more of a skill shot then just wait for the game to tell you when to use it.

Just my thoughts haters gunna hate.

VVZigel
12th Mar 2014, 10:14
Well been playing reaver mostly for vamps.. and was wondering why do you guys even allow normal pounce? seems like this skill takes no skill at all just right click and wait for the aim to pop up and pounce... zero skill involved.

My thought is remove normal pounce and keep savage pounce, Savage pounce does do more damage but it takes more of a skill shot then just wait for the game to tell you when to use it.

Just my thoughts haters gunna hate.

No-no, you're somewhat right, but you're wrong at the same time.
This skill only seems OP at first, while actually it is flawed in a way that auto-aim system tends to screw you up, which is especially noticeable when you perform jumps from above - it seems like aiming is directed towards human's feet, this actually makes it very easy to fail in your own.
Besides, the amount of damage it generates is not that deadly and you can be easily shaken off your victim as you're VERY vulnerable while mauling someone.
Savage Pounce is a ***** to master, since experience players can easily avoid normal auto-aimed one by rolling away the moment you jump, which makes it highly unfavorable (due to the fact that without assistance it becomes EXTRA hard) and better to be left for experienced players.

zerofksgiven
12th Mar 2014, 10:23
I understand what your saying but, I still agree with what i said.. xd

VVZigel
12th Mar 2014, 10:35
That's fine! Just providing an alternative opinion, because that's what we're here for, right?

MarinePikachu
12th Mar 2014, 19:20
ye its pretty much charge an click. Using only savage pounce would make it too hard for noobs (may be good though to get rid of all those reavers :)).

It still does have its uses. It is easier to hit the long long range pounces. Savage pounce seems relatively ineffective beyond medium range unless the other player is not looking.

But ye its a pretty noob skill.

HereticSage
12th Mar 2014, 19:45
ye its pretty much charge an click. Using only savage pounce would make it too hard for noobs (may be good though to get rid of all those reavers :)).

It still does have its uses. It is easier to hit the long long range pounces. Savage pounce seems relatively ineffective beyond medium range unless the other player is not looking.

But ye its a pretty noob skill.
But when you land that once in a while long range savage pounce, you feel awesome.

Ygdrasel
13th Mar 2014, 02:34
"REMOVE THIS THING THAT I DON'T LIKE EVEN THOUGH OTHERS MAY LIKE IT!"

Um...I'm gonna say no.

Yes, it has auto-aim...So what? That's the tradeoff for less damage. If you don't like it, don't use it.

MarinePikachu
13th Mar 2014, 05:47
But when you land that once in a while long range savage pounce, you feel awesome.

Yes but you have to consider, "Is it worth it?". Here is just some random stats I made up. If I land like 3/10 normal LONG pounces vs 1/10 savage LONG pounces, savage pounce is not worth it cuz my damage output is more consistant with the normal pounce. But ye it does feel good. That said, I actually don't use savage but leap, which is similar in that there is no aim assist.

zerofksgiven
13th Mar 2014, 12:11
lol dude. i just made a simple suggestion. dont put words in my mouth kid.

My guess is your one of those fail reavers who needs the normal pounce to get some damage off. i dont care leave the crap skill i just dont understand why humans need skill shots and vamps need no skill shots.

Savage pounce is pretty easy to land... not that hard to aim ... Anyway ...

Okay so.... your saying Sents should have a auto aim for pick up right? i mean its hard for '' noobs '' to grab ppl... so why dont they have a auto aim?

Trytants must be hard for noobs to land that jump attack so lets put auto aim on that to.

understand what im saying? why do only reavers have the auto aim? does what i say make any sense at all? Does to me. not being a **** just pointing out my thoughts if you dont like it.. Dont respond : )

cmstache
13th Mar 2014, 12:39
First off, let's avoid insults please. :)

Personally, once you get used to pounce, savage pounce really is a straight upgrade. I don't like pounce, but I understand why it's there. Using them is a different experience. Just because you don't understand the uses of a skill all the way doesn't mean it's not good to have. This topic, all-in-all, is irrelevant anyways because leap attack has been shown to be the superior skill 90% of the time in competitive matches.

zerofksgiven
13th Mar 2014, 12:42
First off, let's avoid insults please. :)

Personally, once you get used to pounce, savage pounce really is a straight upgrade. I don't like pounce, but I understand why it's there. Using them is a different experience. Just because you don't understand the uses of a skill all the way doesn't mean it's not good to have. This topic, all-in-all, is irrelevant anyways because leap attack has been shown to be the superior skill 90% of the time in competitive matches.

no one is insulting anyone. Eh the whole point im trying to make is why does reaver get auto aim and all other classes dont? lol makes zero sense but w/e guess no one understands what im saying no point to keep this thread open.