PDA

View Full Version : Are you upset that the title isn't "Tomb Raider" ?

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 12:52
Well, the question is in the title : what do you think of the title "Lara Croft", and not "Tomb Raider" ? For my own, I think that it's good this episode isn't named Tomb Raider, 'cause it shows that it's not a TR game, but a spin-off.

What about you ?

By the way, I'm also glad that the "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" title from Angel of Darkness, Legend and Anniversary isn't here anymore (sorry, this sentence sounds weird, but as a french I don't really speak english well :rolleyes:)

LIGHTS
14th Mar 2010, 13:12
@NicoCroft ( ) I don't mind just the title, as long as we get a new game to keep us entertained. (I get entertained easily, so even if it isn't as great as others have said I will like it just as it is) but of course I don't judge by just appearances and such, so I'm going to wait and see for. And welcome to the forums, btw. :)

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 13:21
@NicoCroft ( )And welcome to the forums, btw. :)

Thanks ;)

Error96_
14th Mar 2010, 14:22
I always prefer the games to have the Tomb Raider tittle as that is just traditional. As this is a spin of game I don't mind it being missing as much.

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 14:24
yeah its just a little spin off to keep us happy until the final game, im good with it, looks fun :D

Lukass
14th Mar 2010, 17:02
yeah its just a little spin off to keep us happy until the final game, im good with it, looks fun :D

Hm....and when TR9 will be announced according to you?

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 17:47
Hm....and when TR9 will be announced according to you?

what? how would i know? lol, im hoping it will be announced at E3 just announced but as Keir has said numerous times CD are working on two projects this one and another

not said what the other is but im betting it would be TR9

Lukass
14th Mar 2010, 18:05
what? how would i know? lol, im hoping it will be announced at E3 just announced but as Keir has said numerous times CD are working on two projects this one and another

not said what the other is but im betting it would be TR9

Of course it's TR9 I think...what else it could be...

Well, to be honest I doubt we will see/hear something about TR9 at E3 2010 because it's known there will be fully presented Guardian of Light :( so....

Max 28
15th Mar 2010, 08:52
When I first thought that this was a proper TR game but the title had simply dropped the 'Tomb Raider' and gone fore just 'Lara Croft' I was displeased. But now I know that this is not a Tomb Raider game and a spin off for Lara Croft, it's appropriate and I like the distinction between the games. :)

Ants_27_
15th Mar 2010, 12:07
Well, to be honest I doubt we will see/hear something about TR9 at E3 2010 because it's known there will be fully presented Guardian of Light :( so....

Actually I do agree cause if TR was at E3 1010 then I think it wouldn't be the cleverest idea ever. I just doubt they'll overshadow GOL with TR 9 cause to me that would seem a waste or resources and the likes?:scratch:

As for the title business, it doesn't bother me in the slightest!:D

nikkinickels
15th Mar 2010, 17:50
that's the thing, people don't pay attention to the fact that it's a SPIN OFF and it's NOT TR9. i'm a little nervous about it coming out but i'm excited to see what it's like.

black_winter08
18th Mar 2010, 04:20
Im sort of upset about it... but im really excited about it... coz' the last time they released a tomb raider game was 2 years ago..

hope to release it very soon...:)

Max 28
18th Mar 2010, 05:11
I'm kinda happy there's been a long wait. CD obviously haven't rushed what their working on and hopefully this will produce really great stuff. :)

NightRain'06
19th Mar 2010, 06:42
No, why should it ? It's only letters. :p

If it's a downloadable or disc game, I'll still get it. It will keep me busy until the next one. No big deal. :)

Star_Waters
19th Mar 2010, 18:20
well i see this game as sort of a side project from tomb raider, maybe we will see more in the future, it doesn't bother me because i'm sure we will see the Tomb Raider name return for the next big installment

Lancestombraidersite
17th May 2010, 21:49
in my words. its a game for the fans.

Max 28
18th May 2010, 06:27
^^^ I disagree. I think it's almost the opposite. A lot of fans have been saying how they hate the look of this because it's so different. It's a very narrow minded way of thinking but I'm sure the devs guessed that there'd be that reaction from some people.

But by being a different style of game, it opens it up to players who might not play TR but enjoy these kinda of games so they pick it up. This could easily get them interested in the TR series. So I think it can gain new fans being different. Though of course the majority of TR fans will play this new game and either like it or not. :)

Katie_Fleming
18th May 2010, 13:25
Not disappointed, because it's simply not a Tomb Raider game. It's something fun to play while we wait for TR9 - instead of abandoning the franchise for a few years while people wait, this is an interesting and fun way to engage the fans and keep them interested in the brand.

I think it's a great idea :)

Studded*Belt
4th Jul 2010, 05:28
Not one bit. Because GoL is just for the sake of having fun and playing as our beloved Lara. Then when the next tomb raider games comes out but the tomb raider part in and all is well, right? :p

Pyrofer
15th Jul 2010, 12:23
As long as GoL is fun to play, and a great game, who cares what its called!

Ok, I care a bit. After all I wouldn't be buying "Spongebob - Guardian of the Crabby Patty" even if it was the same game :p

jhngyu
20th Jul 2010, 23:53
No =)
New adventure, new gameplay ...

A total diferent game of Tomb Raider, i very excited about it ! =)

beretta
23rd Jul 2010, 10:37
:D
Well, the question is in the title : what do you think of the title "Lara Croft", and not "Tomb Raider" ? For my own, I think that it's good this episode isn't named Tomb Raider, 'cause it shows that it's not a TR game, but a spin-off.

What about you ?

By the way, I'm also glad that the "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" title from Angel of Darkness, Legend and Anniversary isn't here anymore (sorry, this sentence sounds weird, but as a french I don't really speak english well :rolleyes:)

hello
happy when I found a French answers to your question:
both are licensed in develloppement one we know all the other Tomb Raider and Lara Croft is a spin-off and I am pleased to soon be finding out what game I seem Excellent

ThePunkVampire
16th Aug 2010, 22:04
Its alrite....wish it was a diffrent game completly nothing related to tomb raider or in this case laura croft :(

daan
17th Aug 2010, 22:04
I think its awesome! I love the thank they used her name as the title, its something different, and even if its a spin off game untilll the final, i cant wait to play it!

ThePunkVampire
17th Aug 2010, 22:47
Im sure itll be a good game though. Just wont have the originality of the tomb raiders.....if you know what i mean

BritCroft
19th Aug 2010, 16:51

Wait.....Did u say Final game!?

bedazzled
19th Aug 2010, 17:40
It would'nt break my heart if it was the last ever Tomb Raider game

Danielsun_
19th Aug 2010, 18:55
Wait.....Did u say Final game!?

Crud, sorry i must have missed typed or maybe i got a premonition lol, sorry i meat to say until the game is released...im not sure where final came into it lol