PDA

View Full Version : How works the remote control for grenades?

MonacoSteve
13th Mar 2010, 14:37
Sorry, sounds dull , but after having glued some remote-controled grenades to destroyable objects, how do I start the detonator? I think I tried all buttons on my keyboard, but they won't work.... Is there a distance limit perhaps?

mixterz
13th Mar 2010, 15:07
Sorry, sounds dull , but after having glued some remote-controled grenades to destroyable objects, how do I start the detonator? I think I tried all buttons on my keyboard, but they won't work.... Is there a distance limit perhaps?
After you have threw some remote explosives hold the same button you threw them with, and he will detonate them (mouse button 2)

longboardskier
13th Mar 2010, 15:57
After you have threw some remote explosives hold the same button you threw them with, and he will detonate them (mouse button 2)

I had trouble with this at first too. Make sure you actually HOLD it, not just push it again.

MonacoSteve
13th Mar 2010, 16:24
OK, sounds tricky, as pressing mouse 2 usually throws another one. However, if I am already close to my distantly placed copter to get quickly away after the explosions, I am in danger to blow up my vehicle!

Pellaes
14th Mar 2010, 19:06
You need to hold it for like three seconds, and you can do it at any (?) range. As long as your character has a free hand (i.e. Not stunt jumping off a helicopter or driving a vehicle) you can detonate wherever, even when parachuting.

MonacoSteve
14th Mar 2010, 19:45
Thanks, yes this works indeed well. Not so sure about any range (and any time, by the way). I got the impression that the grenades disappear after a while. Or maybe there is a max limit. Because I had several cases meanwhile where not all exploded, after I placed quite a lot of them in many locations.

longboardskier
14th Mar 2010, 21:06
Thanks, yes this works indeed well. Not so sure about any range (and any time, by the way). I got the impression that the grenades disappear after a while. Or maybe there is a max limit. Because I had several cases meanwhile where not all exploded, after I placed quite a lot of them in many locations.

I would be good to know exactly how many we can detonate at a time and the range of them. Devs?

NightmareStorm
14th Mar 2010, 22:02
the range is god like...i threw down some C4's on a propaganda thing and a water tower, but forgot to detonate them.... i realized this when i entered a military base, FAR away..... so i'm like, "crap, i wasted C4's...."
i tryed to detonate them, but i don't see anything happen.
so like 10 minutes later, i parachute back to the settlement, and as it gets into view, the water tower is blown up, but i hear the water tower explosion sound and get "100%" complete thing.

so apparently, they dont dissapear... ever!

Did this on PS3 by the way,,,

Pellaes
14th Mar 2010, 22:23
I think that the max number is 20, as there are 20 in a level 6 box of C4 and when I placed around 60 to try to take down the whole radar base in one epic explosion i was horribly dissapointed.