PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Semi-Broken uncommons

Korevas
11th Mar 2014, 16:55
I opened a free scout lockbox today, and got this:

http://i.imgur.com/KKh3Fl5.jpg

Now, since AFAIK, bows are not supposed to even have recoil, those mods make this one pretty bad bow. =)

Other then that, my Reaver one wasn't exactly impressive as well, even though I wouldn't call it bugged, just a pretty bad tradeoff:

http://i.imgur.com/VbMEz6e.jpg

Wobbley
11th Mar 2014, 17:17
The modifiers are completely random intentionally. So there are bad modifiers yes, but this is intentional. It's mainly about luck, I am sorry that you got a bad combination, it happens.

Razaiim
11th Mar 2014, 17:20
That stormbow is poopy. My warbow is a bit better, it gives me faster reload speed, but I lose about 20 hitpoints for it, which is good. The savage isn't that terrible actually. You snag a kill with savage, then swing around a bit, or run away faster. I run an aggressive reaver, so I wouldn't mind getting that one.

Psyonix_Corey
11th Mar 2014, 18:48
Bows do have recoil on each shot, that mod allows you to rapid fire more consistently. But point taken about usefulness.

Tube_Reaver
11th Mar 2014, 19:03
Bows do have recoil on each shot, that mod allows you to rapid fire more consistently. But point taken about usefulness.

I would also like to make a comment on the usefulness of certain mods.
I have an alchemist fullbore cannon with the following:

+8% sprint speed
-2% movement speed

As you can see, by itself it is rather contradictory, as it reduces my overall movement speed, only to offer me a sprint speed boost (which I assume is also reduced due to the -2% from the mod itself)

I know it's meant to be randomised, but I think you should add certain 'rules' so that items like one don't pop up.

Korevas
11th Mar 2014, 19:14
The modifiers are completely random intentionally. So there are bad modifiers yes, but this is intentional. It's mainly about luck, I am sorry that you got a bad combination, it happens.

I know they are random, which is fine, but in this particular case the positive modifier does nothing at all, which I don't think was intended for these items.

I agree that the other one is just bad, which is to be expected, being random and all.

edit:

Ah, so it does do something! =)
I stand corrected then.