PDA

View Full Version : how does the landing gear go down on planes?!

00rouchy00
11th Mar 2010, 20:58
im really worried that the landing gear dosent come down on planes! does an1 know if this is true!? or can any1 found out?! :nut::mad2:

supertom
11th Mar 2010, 21:02
Why does this worry you?

NovaSilisko
11th Mar 2010, 21:02
You're not intended to land planes as far as I can tell. Just touching the ground in the demo's plane, going at about 10 MPH, the plane explodes on impact.

matonking
11th Mar 2010, 21:03
well theres only 1 plane in the demo, and its landing gear doesnt retract at all.

but the devs have already answered, the gear comes down depending on the speed your doing.. the slower your going the landing gear comes up.. as soon as you accelerate the landing gear goes up.

Generalkillgore
11th Mar 2010, 21:03
It all depends on the speed of the plane:

If you are going slow the landing gear is down. (Sticking Out)
If you are going fast the landing gear is up. (Retracted)

The landing gear goes up and down itself, so that no buttons are needed to control it.

Generalkillgore
11th Mar 2010, 21:04
Sorry, double post. I hate it when this happens.

boyzyy
11th Mar 2010, 21:05
You're not intended to land planes as far as I can tell. Just touching the ground in the demo's plane, going at about 10 MPH, the plane explodes on impact.

Wrong, you have to land with the nose up to not explode
and don't u mean how duz the landing gear go up?

Trinitykill
11th Mar 2010, 21:14
yeah the plane on the demo you have to aim the nose a lot higher than you would think.

J053PHjoey
11th Mar 2010, 21:16
Planes are easy to land, and the landing gear going up and down automatically sounds a bit stupid... don't u think?

whiteshark12
11th Mar 2010, 21:32
why? the only reason i can think of is slowing down in mid air to find the wheels retract.

J053PHjoey
11th Mar 2010, 21:35
what if you takin off, and ur goin soo fast, but u dont wanna pull up yet, and u crash because theres no wheels to support you... no, the reason - none, it just seems wierd :D

whiteshark12
11th Mar 2010, 21:46
well if you going "soo fast" then when the wheels retracted you would be flying anyway :rolleyes:

Apocalyptic Fish
11th Mar 2010, 21:48
Flair, bring the nose of the plane up to decrease speed and prevent damaging the aircraft. ;)

Scarn
11th Mar 2010, 22:00
I was able to land the plane sucessfully. all you need to do is find run way of sumkind and slowly glide down by useing the left trigger or L2

xbox360kris
11th Mar 2010, 22:30
It all depends on the speed of the plane:

If you are going slow the landing gear is down. (Sticking Out)
If you are going fast the landing gear is up. (Retracted)

The landing gear goes up and down itself, so that no buttons are needed to control it.

Never noticed that, its easy to land just keep throttle down lol? You could land everywhere..

dayd41
11th Mar 2010, 22:44
I once made an absolutely perfect landing. it was my second attempt after going over the airstrip the first time to get a feel of speed and distance the plane would take before going into good landing speed.

Its times like this when I wish the youtube recording thing was in the demo, and i cant wait to mess around knowing i have proof.

I must have been 1m above the very very beginning of the strip when i touched down, and there wasnt any rumble. the plane was at its absolute straightest direction to the strip and the nose was positioned just flawlessly.

My god it was a beautiful moment.

AND to reply to all those times where I said the camera of flying is wierd, it is, but its a perfect challenge for flying and landing.

Cant wait to fly some jets :D

MUSTANGx1
11th Mar 2010, 23:32
obviously the undercarriage retracts according to speed AND height

it would not retract on the ground

think battlefield 1942

jc2fans.com
11th Mar 2010, 23:34
Why would you land? Landing in JC2 is not fun, crash the plane into your local town.

Rico760
11th Mar 2010, 23:45
. the slower your going the landing gear comes up.. as soon as you accelerate the landing gear goes up.
you mean slower it goes down

DavidF
12th Mar 2010, 00:27
This has been answered, and it should take little flying experience to know that you can't land nose first....