PDA

View Full Version : Plane and Heli stunt

chris777
11th Mar 2010, 12:02
After completing that car towing a plane stunt (shown in some other thread and below if you haven't seen it) I decided to go for something a lot more dangerous and exciting.

The idea was to attach the grappling hook to a helicopter and a plane, then fly the helicopter really high, dive out of the heli and catch up with the plane, grapple it and fly off.

However, it didn't quite work after numberous tries but this is the best version of the attempt (heli and plane stunt):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4ci7rRrUc

I caught up with the plane and grappled it, but after frantically pressing triangle to get into the plane, he wouldn't get in (probably because of the planes position) and there went the plane into the distance, but instead of giving up, I decided to go for the falling helicopter and got it!! But you can't seem to control the helicopter once its gone into that falling mode, you can descend normally but when you try to ascend, it starts to spin round.

I will keep trying this stunt and hopefully do it, unless it is impossible. How about some other people try this to see the results.

Link to my first stunt (car towing plane):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTywJqU_oew

frenzypsycho
11th Mar 2010, 12:13
great !! thanks for sharin' !!!!

xbox360kris
11th Mar 2010, 12:39
pretty neat, btw i didn't know you could reboard a falling helicopter omg :O ****

Zakkon
11th Mar 2010, 12:42
You should try grappling the plane in the middle, so it stays horizontal.

chris777
11th Mar 2010, 12:44
You should try grappling the plane in the middle, so it stays horizontal.

good idea, can't believe I didn't think of that.

Just thought though the plane would still fall the same way.

CloudWolf
11th Mar 2010, 13:22
nice vid dude

Buzz_Kill
11th Mar 2010, 13:43
good idea, can't believe I didn't think of that.

Just thought though the plane would still fall the same way.

the thing with grappling planes you can't aim it, there are only 2 points that the grapple will grab, or atleast that has been my experience.