PDA

View Full Version : Latest Round of "First Looks"

Katie_Fleming
10th Mar 2010, 21:44
In case you've missed it, here are a few latest first looks that just went out today:

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light launching this summer for $15 (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/10/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-launching-this-summer/)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (http://gameinformer.com/games/lara_croft_and_the_guardian_of_light/b/xbox360/archive/2010/03/10/Lara_1920_s-Co_2D00_op-Debut.aspx) (Game Informer)

_Love2Raid_
10th Mar 2010, 21:57
Everything sounds so amazing! :D

The story (no Hollywood drama, just good ol' Lara messing things up while chasing an artefact :D), unlockable stuff, extra side-challenge rooms with great puzzles, landmines (wtf? :lol:), the TRU engine and comic-style cutscenes are just some of the things that sound so damn exciting! :eek::D:D

Here is an article from Kotaku to add to the collection:

http://kotaku.com/5490171/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-eyes+on-whats-a-better-word-for-reboot

Edit: Oh, and the game will come to the PC, PS3 and 360! :thumb:

Error96_
10th Mar 2010, 23:52
Like the non-linear, collectables and story idea's. Hope it's not too short though for it's money. What is the price in pounds anyway? By the drop in the pound think it's price is going up all the time. Don't like thinking of TR game prices in dollars The puzzle aspect sounds good but the ariel camera angle less so. Will have to wait and see.

Am glad to hear the range of consoles the release will be for. Won't be as many missing out like the DLC which is good.

Max 28
11th Mar 2010, 02:55
Yeah, it's sounding pretty good to me. I'll be playing on PC. :D

needmorepillows
11th Mar 2010, 04:08
PC here too =)

Ants_27_
11th Mar 2010, 08:04
http://kotaku.com/5490171/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-eyes+on-whats-a-better-word-for-reboot

I'm sorry but in that second picture on that site Lara looks like Jill Valentine!:eek:

Then again Jill is a very cool woman too...:cool:

Elysrae
11th Mar 2010, 10:49
Can't wait!

tombraidergal
11th Mar 2010, 15:09
hey $15? that means it will be not so much in UK... i hope. something like £8 in britain. nice. :P and those pictures are good. i do hope the game is worth £8. :)

lilhanhan
11th Mar 2010, 15:52
I'm sorry but in that second picture on that site Lara looks like Jill Valentine!:eek:

Then again Jill is a very cool woman too...:cool:

Hey now that you've mention it, she does look a bit like Jill in that screenshot! XD

Go Jill (and Lara)! :D

Danielsun_
11th Mar 2010, 16:50
lol jill valentine and lara croft do fusion :p Lara Valentine :D

Ants_27_
11th Mar 2010, 19:49
Hey now that you've mention it, she does look a bit like Jill in that screenshot! XD

Go Jill (and Lara)! :D

http://badger.ac.brocku.ca/~jr00cf/rejill.jpg

Brilliant Jill! Kick ass in resi 5 and everything she is in and I like the idea of Lara Valentine in a way.:lol:

As for GOL, if it is going to work out at around £8 I think I'd buy it cause it has grown on me I must say!

Danielsun_
11th Mar 2010, 20:23
ayesss! £8 is goood i want it weee :D

lilhanhan
11th Mar 2010, 21:07
http://badger.ac.brocku.ca/~jr00cf/rejill.jpg

Brilliant Jill! Kick ass in resi 5 and everything she is in and I like the idea of Lara Valentine in a way.:lol:

As for GOL, if it is going to work out at around £8 I think I'd buy it cause it has grown on me I must say!

Yep, well she's kicked ass ever since Resi 1; even if she did help Barry say his wonderfully awful quotes!

I was thinking of more a Jill/Lara double team; with Jill with a rocket launcher and Lara with a flame thrower, causing destruction wherever they go. Hehe, well one can only dream of that ever happening... ^.^;

Danielsun_
11th Mar 2010, 22:36
LOL Jill sandwich ftw!!!!

naraku
12th Mar 2010, 04:52
Well, now that is all good news, PC, Xbox and PS3 are gonna get it. *yes* But, I'm even more confused now, what's this game all about? Co-op or Single player? Or is it that single player is the option here? I suppose I'm just wired to think co-op is the option.

Ants_27_
12th Mar 2010, 08:05
Well I think that it means it is single player but you are able to have your friend play along side you if you want. But if it is just you they'll make Lara's platforming abilities better so that you don't need to rely on AI of the computer?:scratch:

That's how I understand it but I am probably wrong.

@lilhan - Jill and Lara team for the win! Also, "Jill the master of lock picking" or whatever the line was!:lol:

lilhanhan
12th Mar 2010, 10:16
According to this Kotaku article-

http://kotaku.com/5486974/first-lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-screens-details/gallery/

You can play it on your own (I'm guessing with the new character being AI) as well as the co-op being online and offline. :)

@Danielsun :lol: :D

@Ants_27_ Hehe it's "The Master Of Unlocking" so you wasn't far off! But why do I always hear Barry's voice when I say or even type that quote...!?! O.O :lol:

chriss_99
12th Mar 2010, 11:28
I've heard that when you play alone, Totec doesn't appear in the game and you only play with Lara.

Danielsun_
12th Mar 2010, 11:54
yeah you do lara is more skilled so you can be on ya own which is cool for all those traditionalists xD

im gonna go make me a Jill Sandwich now brb :p

NicoCroft
12th Mar 2010, 12:02
I've heard that when you play alone, Totec doesn't appear in the game and you only play with Lara.

Hope it's true cause I'd prefer a game with Lara only

Ants_27_
12th Mar 2010, 13:18
@Ants_27_ Hehe it's "The Master Of Unlocking" so you wasn't far off! But why do I always hear Barry's voice when I say or even type that quote...!?! O.O :lol:

Bah, I was close!:rasp:

I noticed they made Barry available for Resi 5 mercenaries mode!:D

As for having Lara only in the single player I hope that isn't true or at least allow the option cause I think it could make for some very interesting interaction and that is something that may make TR that bit more enjoyable. Alas, Chris and sheva interaction - help each other across the gap e.c.t.

dark7angel
12th Mar 2010, 14:10
As for having Lara only in the single player I hope that isn't true or at least allow the option cause I think it could make for some very interesting interaction and that is something that may make TR that bit more enjoyable. Alas, Chris and sheva interaction - help each other across the gap e.c.t.

If only there was a character like Chris helping Lara... :rolleyes: ^.^

_Love2Raid_
12th Mar 2010, 15:13
Yeah, apparently there is no Totec A.I. Lara will be able jump higher etc in single player and the levels will be different. :confused:

On one hand, it will be interesting to play this game in two ways (more replay value). But on the other hand, it would have been really cool to control both characters on your own (like the LEGO games). :hmm:

Ants_27_
12th Mar 2010, 21:11
I agree Love2Raid, I want to play with Totec... I mean that in a completely none sexual way!:lol:

I think giving people the option to play single player with an A.I. controlled Totec or allow people to switch would be quite a good idea.

Danielsun_
12th Mar 2010, 21:31
so you want to play with Totec hmm?

well i had my suspicions but this... well,

lulz

Ants_27_
12th Mar 2010, 22:08
so you want to play with Totec hmm?

well i had my suspicions but this... well,

lulz

:rasp:

I'm sorry I couldn't resist!:lol:

Max 28
13th Mar 2010, 02:47
Yeah, interesting that Totec is removed in single player. I don't like this as much but I guess it's a good option for people who are complaining about it being too different and that Lara has always been solo. :hmm:

nikkinickels
15th Mar 2010, 17:51
i heard that this game would at least take six hours....i'd approve of a 15 dollar game for 6 hours, somehow i feel it will take less, but we'll see

Danielsun_
15th Mar 2010, 18:06
6 hours thats pretty damn good considering its a side game for PSN, PC download and XBLA considering Modern warfare's(1 and 2) campaign took 6 hours and thats a full fledged game, could be shorter if you take away the mass dying in the fevela lol

josh1122
16th Mar 2010, 06:20
6hrs? then its pretty much on par with 90% of PS3/360 games lol

$15 for 6hrs or so is better than $50-$60 that we normally pay for regular games.

Although I've never paid $15 for a PSN or XBLA game and cant see myself doing so unless the game blows me away gameplay wise

nikkinickels
16th Mar 2010, 17:44
for some reason i doubt it would be six hours, since probably some people will end up beating it in less time, and it doesn't seem like a game that would last that long. i'll be looking for taht article again just to make sure

Flintmelody
17th Mar 2010, 02:04
It did say 6 hours and I hope that is true. Liking the idea that it has single player with just Lara and multiplayer with Totec. Will give two quite different games and hopefully add to the replayability.

Katie_Fleming
17th Mar 2010, 02:06
6 hours is really a speculation probably based on testing and such. That goes for any game - it's impossible to have a guaranteed minimum time. Depends on the teams I guess ;)

Flintmelody
17th Mar 2010, 02:22
6 hours is really a speculation probably based on testing and such. That goes for any game - it's impossible to have a guaranteed minimum time. Depends on the teams I guess ;)

and the player's skill levels