PDA

View Full Version : You need a working internet connection to play this game.

funkygenome
14th Aug 2012, 19:15
Keep getting the "need a working internet connection" message. Your DRM is awful. Somebody crack this game already.

SlogerRabbit
14th Aug 2012, 19:16
yeah im still having this problem too, cmon Square

member_10244720
14th Aug 2012, 19:19
Keep getting the "need a working internet connection" message. Your DRM is awful. Somebody crack this game already.

Same thing here... so stupid.. sigh.. How many times does a company have to shoot itself in the foot before they learn or all their supporters go elsewhere.. myself included! Cant have much of a foot to shoot off now!

funkygenome
14th Aug 2012, 19:27
What a joke.

member_10197357
14th Aug 2012, 19:31
lol....another SE fail. Is SE trying to commit suicide?

KriiEOD
15th Aug 2012, 19:15
Any figure a work around for this issue? I get your game is up to date, then loading that does not go past 10%, then an error message that says You Need A Working Internet Connection to log into ffvii.

I'm having no connection issues with ANYTHING else. I have turned off all firewall possibilities, I have registered the game to my profile.

Any ideas?

Edit: also no proxy is checked.

member_10601415
15th Aug 2012, 19:17
Same exact issue. I noticed a couple patch updates when I first ran the game...think its launch day bugs. I dislike DRM if there going to do it then make sure they do it right so this stuff dont happen.

KriiEOD
15th Aug 2012, 19:18
Sigh, diablo iii all over again...

At least I KNOW I like this game.

Gray101
15th Aug 2012, 19:20
Same exact issue. I noticed a couple patch updates when I first ran the game...think its launch day bugs. I dislike DRM if there going to do it then make sure they do it right so this stuff dont happen.

same problem

thndrkat
Same...."You need a working internet connectino to log in.."

Starting to feel like this wasn't worth the $0.99, especially considering the disproportionately large number of complaints.

the_randomizer
Sigh, diablo iii all over again...

At least I KNOW I like this game.

Oh, I'm sure some wonderful people will be able to resolve those pesky internet connection-related issues momentarily.

KriiEOD
15th Aug 2012, 19:24
The Ironic part is Im at the end of disc 1 of my epsxe ISO of the game, going perfect game outside of 99 of items, (which is silly if you ask me), litterally about to go get Aeris/th's final limit and this came out haha.

Asuha
15th Aug 2012, 19:52
I had this issue at first too but eventually it worked... perhaps after the servers calmed down some. Ever since then I have been able to boot the game just fine, so if you're having trouble, just keep trying - maybe reboot your PC.

the_randomizer
15th Aug 2012, 20:01
I had this issue at first too but eventually it worked... perhaps after the servers calmed down some. Ever since then I have been able to boot the game just fine, so if you're having trouble, just keep trying - maybe reboot your PC.

So what happens if/when your connection craps out randomly? Do your save files go with it or can they be stored to the primary HDD?

Asuha
15th Aug 2012, 20:03
I think the saves will also be on your HDD, at least that's how it seems to me.

fooliuscaesar13
15th Aug 2012, 20:10
Ok, I had this issue at first also. I'm wondering if I accidentally entered the challenge code instead of the product serial number into the launcher's initial activation sequence.

What I did to get this working was uninstall the game and open RegEdit. I searched for "FANTASY". A reg key under "DSS" came up. That ended up being where the app/game stored my serial key. I deleted it.

EDIT: I deleted the entire "DSS" registry key; not just the xml with the serial/challenge code.

Rebooted my PC and re-installed the game. Works fine now. I'm not telling you all that this is a sure-fire way to fix the issue, but if you know your way around your PC's registry, you might be able to get this to work for you as well.

felipefllp
16th Aug 2012, 18:52
same

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:11
Bump. This is BS. I need a solution.

Apalachicola
17th Aug 2012, 12:20

Bump. This is BS. I need a solution.

Yes, please, someone crack this game so paying customers can play it.

member_10103292
17th Aug 2012, 12:25
Just so you are all aware, you only need an internet connection the first time you try to play the game to register it. Once you have done that you can play the game without an internet connection. When you open the client it will say error, but there is the option to continue and play the game normaly without an internet connection. You will lose cloud saves since it uses the internet to do so, but I'm sure most don't care about that much.

the_randomizer
17th Aug 2012, 17:42
Just so you are all aware, you only need an internet connection the first time you try to play the game to register it. Once you have done that you can play the game without an internet connection. When you open the client it will say error, but there is the option to continue and play the game normaly without an internet connection. You will lose cloud saves since it uses the internet to do so, but I'm sure most don't care about that much.

Aren't the saves stored locally as well? I think that would be pretty asinine if they weren't.

member_10103292
18th Aug 2012, 21:13
Yes, saving is stored locally on the machine. I said cloud saves are what you will lose with no internet connection, which is what allows you to play your saved game on another pc.

cougrrr
20th Aug 2012, 23:20
Downloading was hard enough, connection even worse, and half the time you cant save the game without just sitting idle at the save screen for 5 to 10 minutes.

You essentially wanted to be cute and make a steam like platform for all your fanboys, and what you did was make an (obviously) not tested rerelease of a game that should've just been on steam to let a real development company handle issues like this.

This is outrageous, I should've just hooked up my PS1.

member_10504132
21st Aug 2012, 00:41
I've had no problems playing offline.

Now when I try to play while online with the cloud saves....yeah not so much.

But offline mode works just fine.

member_10239333
21st Aug 2012, 02:26
Just launch it on Steam or GoG already SE!! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

Monsieurcaca
21st Aug 2012, 02:29
Does not work for me neither. The game says it can't sync to the cloud saving. Man this is a pure piece of garbage, just remove the cloud saving for christ sake.

ElSnuggles-701442
27th Dec 2012, 19:15
Square-Enix - if you are going to require an internet connection to play a game, you must let people know before they purchase your game.

Since I bought your game, I've run into countless issues due to your DRM service that have nothing to do with my internet connection and everything to do with your crappy service. If the Square Enix Store had mentioned that the game had awful digital rights management software, I would not have purchased it. You have basically saddled your paying customers with a less featured, more buggy game than the pirates who steal it.

ff_nexus
3rd Jan 2013, 23:26
Square-Enix - if you are going to require an internet connection to play a game, you must let people know before they purchase your game.

Since I bought your game, I've run into countless issues due to your DRM service that have nothing to do with my internet connection and everything to do with your crappy service. If the Square Enix Store had mentioned that the game had awful digital rights management software, I would not have purchased it. You have basically saddled your paying customers with a less featured, more buggy game than the pirates who steal it.

Agreed.

Anhedonia
26th May 2013, 13:01
I know the thread is very old.

But after I tried to install FF7 on a new computer on a different location, I get the same error message.

I could install, get past the Serial-activation part & patch the game without any issue.

I have tryed to reinstall in different folders, restarted computer and router. Tryed to delete the registry key and re-activate the serial.

Still same problem.

Stuck at 10% and after a while I get the error message "You need a working Internet connection to log in to Final Fantasy VII".

Is there any working solution for this? Or is it simply a server-side problem?

Grimoire
26th May 2013, 15:26
It's probably just the server. A lot of people seem to have this problem right now. See this forum: na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)

Anhedonia
26th May 2013, 17:03
Thanks alot. Missed that forum completely.

Even if its annoying its good to know its just not me..