PDA

View Full Version : Guardian of Light will be very quickly forgotten.

Lukass
10th Mar 2010, 07:41
Hello guys. I just have checked so many websites and have read reactions about Guardian of Light. To be honest big majority of people don't like it :( They are waiting for Tomb Raider 9. People are dissapointed by GoL. 70% people (maybe more) around the world keep waiting for full-fledged Tomb Raider 9 and according to them GoL is supposed to be a big SQ/E/CD's mistake. There is only very small group of people (in general terms) who are hyped-up about GoL....They know it's only side project for fun but still they are keeping their opinions about that.

Sorry for my English.....

Keir
10th Mar 2010, 10:47
Hey Lukass.

I think there is a lot of confusion around LCGoL at the moment, but I'm confident that as people learn more this will change. The game is made of lots of win and when we get some gameplay footage out there people will see what we mean :)

Lukass
10th Mar 2010, 11:03
Hey Lukass.

I think there is a lot of confusion around LCGoL at the moment, but I'm confident that as people learn more this will change. The game is made of lots of win and when we get some gameplay footage out there people will see what we mean :)

Yes, I know....:)

But people think they would be more hyped-up about some news about TR9 than GoL. I've checked so many Czech forums and websites and to be honest no-one (really NO-ONE) is satisfied with GoL no matter how good it could be in real. They are just waiting for TR9 news....
They still keep saying that GoL means ruined Lara Croft name. Someones compare it to ice-cream without cream or (and it's really funny for me) it's just like a sea, so much water but without any possibility to drink it..paradox...just about nothing.
So many people have said that TR series ended for them with Underworld...they "closed the doors" behind Lara Croft and Tomb Raider...and it's tooooo sad according to me :(

Edit: I am surprised that SQ/E/CD's are not afraid that they could lost customers...
Keir, you have no worries about that? It means money for you....

Champi
10th Mar 2010, 11:06
I hope to see that game soon! (And play it if it's not too expensive).

N.B.:Sorry for my english

Champi
10th Mar 2010, 11:09
Yes, I know....:)
"They still keep saying that GoL means ruined Lara Croft name.",
"So many people have said that TR series ended for them with Underworld...they "closed the doors" behind Lara Croft and Tomb Raider"

I'm really okay with that

Lukass
10th Mar 2010, 11:18
I'm really okay with that

I'm not because it could mean end of Tomb Raider if they will not have enough money and inspiration or motivation to make next Tomb Raiders and I don't want to lost the best game ever.....:(

Champi
10th Mar 2010, 11:54
Yes i'm agree with you, i love this game and i want to see a lot of other Tomb Raider, but i'm more and more disappointed every time they create a new. The origins, foundations of the First Tomb Raider were really differents. This evolve not in the right direction (in my opinion).
But i'm really happy to play Legend, Underworld! I like these games!

Lukass
10th Mar 2010, 12:16
Yes i'm agree with you, i love this game and i want to see a lot of other Tomb Raider, but i'm more and more disappointed every time they create a new. The origins, foundations of the First Tomb Raider were really differents. This evolve not in the right direction (in my opinion).
But i'm really happy to play Legend, Underworld! I like these games!

I love Underworld....it's the best............hopefully TR9 will be better than Underworld...

CaptainMcMulla
10th Mar 2010, 13:12
You can never judge a game too early. in my opinion Batman: Arkham Asylum didnt look to promising in the early stages but when there was more info available, screenshots and videos it got peoples attention.

Its still early days yet for LCGoL, give it some time, relax have a cuppa.

SammiiDoogles
10th Mar 2010, 18:04
Yeah, to be honest I think it's too quick to judge - from what I've seen this is definitely shaping up to be something fresh and interesting.

Nemesis296
10th Mar 2010, 21:33
Yeah, to be honest I think it's too quick to judge - from what I've seen this is definitely shaping up to be something fresh and interesting.

I agree that it looks fresh, but as I've been reading other people's views on the screenshots that were released, I can't help but think this is going to be like Trine with Lara Croft instead of strange characters. Co-op platforming is always a cool idea, as long as you don't need it to see 50% of the cool stuff that this game will have in it.

_Love2Raid_
10th Mar 2010, 22:11
People will change their mind as more info gets released. It is already happening!!

;)

Just a few details:

The game will use TRU's engine, how can it look bad?
Apparently, you can also play this game with one character (?). This was mentioned in an article.
There are extra side-challenges to collect points and unlockable weapons and stuff.
Awesome comic-style cutscenes.

Anacrothe
10th Mar 2010, 22:59
Pretty disappointing. Sounds like a really baaaaad game.

Error96_
10th Mar 2010, 23:13
It sounds okay so far but I agree that TR9 is more what I am waiting for. Quite sad they are using TRU engine. Hope the colours and puzzles are more bold and vibrant like Legend or Anniversary rather than TRU.

Think it's far too early to say about this game being forgotten. Maybe the fact it's not got a TR number name will make it less remembered. Still I think it's too early to judge on it's legacy as we havn't even played it yet.

Max 28
11th Mar 2010, 03:06
It ridiculous that such large amounts of people are discarding the game when it's still so new.

Sure, maybe they dislike what they see so far with the screenshots and articles but like a lot of us here are saying, it's early on. People need to hold on a bit longer for more information before making such strong judgments, and I'd say, actually decide what they think of the game once it's released.

Then there will be sufficient information to determine whether or not it may be something they would enjoy. If so, get the game, play it, and then make your opinion that the game is a mistake.

needmorepillows
11th Mar 2010, 04:07
I still have some mixed feelings about GoL, but I'm looking forward to it =)

I'm sure the co-op game style will lead to a few frustrating moments, but probably a lot more hilarious ones. True, it's not the next TR but at least with GoLs announcement it was also confirmed the next TR was being worked on...

... and I'm looking forward to having something new to do other than run around Bolivia: Redux while voicing my own sound effects after a long day XD

"SHHHEEUUUUUWWWW POORRFGGHH SHEEEEUUUWWW SHHEEEUUUUWWWW PPOORRRFGGHH!"

JRod108
12th Mar 2010, 01:38
I'm reluctant about this game because it feels like I already own three copies of it. Lego Star Wars I and II for Xbox and Lego Indy for DS. See, look not only do I have two very similar games for home use, but I also have another one for travel! I mean, you have the fixed camera angle, drop in and out co-op, and you have the buddy system in which each person has certain skills. It all sounds extremely similar to these three games. I don't know, but it just seems pointless to buy a game I essentially own already.

Max 28
13th Mar 2010, 02:52
^^^ Yeah, that will be interesting to see when it comes out. How much of Tomb Raider is brought in to define it against the other arcadey games GoL is essentially following the formula of.

qwerty
27th Mar 2010, 12:06
i dont want to play lego indiana jones!!!i want to play TR...thats what people dont understand.even if this game turns out to be the best game the earth has faced i wont like it because it wont have all these elements that drew me to tr in the first place.i mean cmon multiplayer?people made such a fuss about zip and alister and i doubt they are going to like this idea.and generally the whole thing isnt appealing to me.the camera,totec,terrible 2002 graphics even the enviroments i have seen are becoming very repetitive(a jungle and a temple,yeah very fresh,)

all in all i want to play a real tr before my heart goes off

BlueSkiesXXV
8th Apr 2010, 10:56
As a huge TR fan since TR1, I will be getting LCGoL on release day, but it does look like it might just be a title for the hardcore TR fans. I look at it like a little side quest in the TR Universe (no bad thing).

If it does turn out to be something really rather special then the reviews (trade & fan) will elevate it to the masses.

I think most people are waiting with baited breath for the mighty TR9. Afer playing games like Uncharted 2 & Assassin's Creed 2, people can't wait to see what Eidos bring to the table with Lara's next true outing.

Aha!!!

Danielsun_
8th Apr 2010, 11:24
yeah i agree

cant wait to hear the date it will be release, will it be in early summer, late summer or mid summer? who knows

yeah Eidos ,CD, Sqeenix do have to up their game as Underworld certainly was not the best of the next gen games

it better melt our faces off in epicness, replaybility, character connection, controls and graphics otherwise it could be the end of the TR franchise as we know it

ThePunkVampire
20th Nov 2011, 00:09
I understand why so many dont care for this game (im one of those who dont like it and wont change my mind)... it is a big dissapointment. I know it aint really part of the TR series but it wasnt a good idea, it shouldnt have been calld Lara Croft anyway. And her outfits are a lil slutty to me and the new model for Tomb Raider doesnt look tough enough to be Lara anyway. I miss the classic Lara very much (especialy the AoD Lara) as well as many of others.... :(

Sldappu
5th Dec 2011, 12:50
I loved Guardian of Light. It is what it is. A co-op adventure with puzzles. Like Gauntlet or Diablo. Shoot everything and have fun with another actual person on the couch. And it stars a tiny version of Ms. Lara Croft. Not game of the year, but they can't all be.

Croft maniac
12th Mar 2012, 17:50
It's kind of feels very seperate to the main series and after a few years I do think all the attention will go to TR9 and so leaving GOL a bit of a sideline forgotten.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
3rd Jun 2012, 13:57
It's wasn't a bad game but for what it was I just can't see it getting a sequal. With the overhead camera angle it maybe felt too arcade game like and it never quite reached the threshold where you could eaily find other players for the multiplayer elements.

SeRmOnGaR
3rd Jun 2012, 14:23
It was a good game, and the cooperative multiplayer value was very good, I'm sure it was helpful for the current Tomb Raider game.

I wonder how it would like a LC GOL 2 and when it will be release... probably after the Tomb Raider release? maybe summer of 2013 first info?