PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the ps3 timer glitch

Xntryk
10th Mar 2010, 00:53
I've tried and tried, and have only been able to glitch the timer 2 times out of about 20-30 tries, any advice on how to do this more reliably on a ps3 (slim) ?

ty 4 the help =)

nbogie055
10th Mar 2010, 00:55
1. press start at 1 second.
2. press circle and ps3 home button at same time.
3. repeat till screen goes black for a seceond and returns to start screen. resume game

Synxter
10th Mar 2010, 01:41
3. repeat till screen goes black for a seceond and returns to start screen. resume game

Fail,

Instead of the circle press the X botton at the same time as you press the PS botton. :rasp:

nbogie055
10th Mar 2010, 01:53
sry i dont have ps3 i got xbox i thought circle was back button.

Rocket Propelled Rocket
10th Mar 2010, 03:28
Fail,

Instead of the circle press the X botton at the same time as you press the PS botton. :rasp:

Double Fail.

Press [START> and the (PS) button at the same time.

:rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

Dmndrgn599
10th Mar 2010, 03:52
Double Fail.

Press [START> and the (PS) button at the same time.

:rasp: :rasp: :rasp:

fail....in fact what region is ur version of the demo because none of the techniques have worked for me im in the US and im starting to feel like this isnt possible in the US version

Rocket Propelled Rocket
10th Mar 2010, 03:55
fail....in fact what region is ur version of the demo because none of the techniques have worked for me

what region? um... the desert area? you can do the timer glitch anywhere(both 360 and ps3?)
all you have to do is press start when the demo timer hits 1, then press start and the PS button at the same time over and over again until it says zero (or the x box button)

Worked for me the first time...

Dmndrgn599
10th Mar 2010, 04:01
what region? um... the desert area? you can do the timer glitch anywhere(both 360 and ps3?)
all you have to do is press start when the demo timer hits 1, then press start and the PS button at the same time over and over again until it says zero (or the x box button)

Worked for me the first time...

not what i meant by region but anyway every time i do it it goes to the end game stats instead of glitching

NightRain'06
10th Mar 2010, 04:48
I've discovered that on PS3 I could EXTEND TIME for about 1m:30s in one of my demo playthroughs by gaining about 4 or 5 Stunt Points using a car doing successful consecutive stunt jumps from top of the nearest the civilian village mountain next to the Reapers station.

I don't know if you could do separate successful stunt jumps and collect points to gain time though. I haven't tried this yet.

EDIT: I'm not really sure if what I found was a glitch; it felt more like a hidden secret for the demo.

Dmndrgn599
10th Mar 2010, 17:25
I've discovered that on PS3 I could EXTEND TIME for about 1m:30s in one of my demo playthroughs by gaining about 4 or 5 Stunt Points using a car doing successful consecutive stunt jumps from top of the nearest the civilian village mountain next to the Reapers station.

I don't know if you could do separate successful stunt jumps and collect points to gain time though. I haven't tried this yet.

EDIT: I'm not really sure if what I found was a glitch; it felt more like a hidden secret for the demo.

thats suppose to happen. you also get 2 extra minutes by completing the plane checkpoint race

nismo280zx
10th Mar 2010, 18:00
Ps button and the start button is correct, but don't wait til on second, try it starting at 4 seconds. I found it easier to hit ps & start the ps to back out of xcross and the repeat ps&start then ps, then ps&start then ps ...... Until the timer reads 0, works for me and I'm in the us

Dmndrgn599
10th Mar 2010, 18:05
Ps button and the start button is correct, but don't wait til on second, try it starting at 4 seconds. I found it easier to hit ps & start the ps to back out of xcross and the repeat ps&start then ps, then ps&start then ps ...... Until the timer reads 0, works for me and I'm in the us

okay i will try that, its just frustrating going for a full 30 minutes thinking "its gonna work this time" only to have to hear the craptastic voice acting of Bolo Santosi in this otherwise epic game/demo

Ketchupman95
10th Mar 2010, 18:08
I did it with following combination :

1. at 2 seconds left press SELECT button.

2. just wait for 1 or 2 seconds and then close the map.

3. at 1 second left press START button repeatly.(very quick and often)

4. after about 5-10 times pressing START button the glitch should be active.

nismo280zx
10th Mar 2010, 18:11
Oh I totally agree, I can't stanton waiting 30mins just to find out if I gotta start over but that method works for me and I've tried them all, I just found that starting doing it with 3 or 4 seconds left game a little more leway with your timing. You can actually just hit start at 4 secs left and then press ps&start at the same time and then do as I previously posted. Start just pauses the game, ps&start(start exits the pause menu, & ps puts you back in that menu in less than half a second)

GkrewZ
10th Mar 2010, 18:31

Iv tried that and it never works, i do it a few times then the demo just ends

Forsinain42
10th Mar 2010, 18:38
THE PERFECT METHOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRESS PS BUTTON AND THEN QUICKLY PRESS START.

This takes much longer but DEFINATLY works 100% of the time.

Make sure you press start before the XMB appears and you will shave off a tiny bit of time. Repeat till it says 0.

matonking
10th Mar 2010, 18:43
people are really stupid. i cant understand it.

1. press start at 1 second left of demo
2. press start + PS botton at the same time
3. press PS botton
4. press start + PS botton at the same time
5. press PS botton
6. press start + PS button at the same time
7. press PS button
8. press start + Ps button at the same time
9. press PS button....

.... REPEAT THIS PROCESS UNTIL YOU PHYSICALLY SEE "DEMO TIME LEFT 0" DURING THE SPLIT SECOND THE DEMO UNPAUSES BETWEEN THE STEPS.

you DO NOT press it once, you DO NOT press it a couple times. It takes AT LEAST 6-10 times for the demo time to reach 0.

... and AT LEAST 5 more cycle AFTER you've seen "demo time left 0" just to be sure.

it doesnt make any difference what region your from, START pauses the game and PS pauses it also wither your from america, UK or timbuk tu.

jhonny cage
10th Mar 2010, 18:44
Iv tried that and it never works, i do it a few times then the demo just ends

wait until its 2 seconds left,press the ps button followed by x until you see a (0 zero) its as simple as that but i found out it wouldn't work if you destroyed the statue next to the water tower, its very easy, thee other button mashing didn't work for me

HHDnBKing!
10th Mar 2010, 19:43
wait until its 2 seconds left,press the ps button followed by x until you see a (0 zero) its as simple as that but i found out it wouldn't work if you destroyed the statue next to the water tower, its very easy, thee other button mashing didn't work for me

I have to agree with jhonny here.

My 1st go I did the:

1. PS at 2 seconds
2. Then PS with x quickly after
3. Repeated 2 for a while and it worked fine (You'l see the Demo timer for a split second every so often, took me around 3 minutes to reach 0)

My 2nd attempt I destroyed statue or two and it didn't work, So don't destroy any statues and practise a few times before 2 seconds.

1. At 2 seconds press PS
2. Then PS with x quikly after
3. Continue 2 till 0
4. Continue a couple of times after you can see demo at 0 just to be safe :thumb:

Dmndrgn599
10th Mar 2010, 20:30
people are really stupid. i cant understand it.

1. press start at 1 second left of demo
2. press start + PS botton at the same time
3. press PS botton
4. press start + PS botton at the same time
5. press PS botton
6. press start + PS button at the same time
7. press PS button
8. press start + Ps button at the same time
9. press PS button....

.... REPEAT THIS PROCESS UNTIL YOU PHYSICALLY SEE "DEMO TIME LEFT 0" DURING THE SPLIT SECOND THE DEMO UNPAUSES BETWEEN THE STEPS.

you DO NOT press it once, you DO NOT press it a couple times. It takes AT LEAST 6-10 times for the demo time to reach 0.

... and AT LEAST 5 more cycle AFTER you've seen "demo time left 0" just to be sure.

it doesnt make any difference what region your from, START pauses the game and PS pauses it also wither your from america, UK or timbuk tu.

just because some people cant get it to work even by following each different procedure doesn't make them stupid its just that its not working

Fretshredder
11th Mar 2010, 04:10
Pressing the start button and Ps button at the same time has worked everytime for me, start doing it when there is one second left. Every few presses you will see the demo timer pop up for a split second keep pressing till it changes to zero

Dmndrgn599
11th Mar 2010, 06:28
thanks finally got it starting it at 4 seconds takes a little longer but it finally worked time to get explorin :D :D :D