PDA

View Full Version : Controls suck!

ttz
9th Mar 2010, 14:38
Hey Eidos,

i loved the first just cause, it was perfect. No bugs, best graphic ever, weather effects better than in nature, realistic shooting, perfect controls. I loved the shooting system more than the one from call of duty and the car driving was better than in need for speed.
Just Cause 1
Graphics: 20/10
Controls: 1000000000000000000000/10
Missions: 9/10
Conclusion: Third best game ever

Just Cause 2
Graphics: 11/10
Controls: 2/10:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
Missions: 5/10
Conclusion: Disappointed:mad::thud::mad2:

Why cant you (eidos, avalanche studios etc.) make the control of just cause 2 like in the first one? Please repair it.I wanna shoot like in Just Cause 1 and I wanna move like in Just Cause 1. Please repair it (PC Version). You got two weeks until the release.:zzZ:
Thank you.

ttz
9th Mar 2010, 14:39
If you (Eidos) need more time to fix the bad controls, make a patch. :thumb:

Magariz
9th Mar 2010, 14:41
Its not JC1, it's time to move on, and the controls are fine not broken. Plenty of people are able to enjoy the current controls without any problems.

It is also better to discuss how you think they are "broken" and way that it can be improved rather then "your game is broken plz fix!" This tells developers absolutely nothing other than it is one person just complaining about something they do not like rather then an actual problem.

ttz
9th Mar 2010, 14:55
Its not JC1, it's time to move on, and the controls are fine not broken. Plenty of people are able to enjoy the current controls without any problems.

It is also better to discuss how you think they are "broken" and way that it can be improved rather then "your game is broken plz fix!" This tells developers absolutely nothing other than it is one person just complaining about something they do not like rather then an actual problem.

1. I don't want to move on and I want a game that makes fun, that you can play again and again

2. Cause they don't know how good the controls on JC1 were.

3. Play Just Cause 1 to get to know it :D
In Just Cause 1
Moving: was the control direct.You move immediately, when you push the button
Driving: you could drive like in heaven. very very easy to handle
Shooting: You target and shoot. (In JC2 it's "wobbly".)
etc.
4. Shut the f*** up, would you?!

p34nk
9th Mar 2010, 15:24
1. I don't want to move on and I want a game that makes fun, that you can play again and again

In Just Cause 1
etc.

Way to be nice to fellow gamers who are trying to help you...Good luck with that.
Just cause 1 controls are actually as sucky as this, but the car handling in the second one is much improved than the first one. To get down to details:
Moving:
JC1 = JC2 --> You move when you push the button. Come on, this is basic!
Driving:
JC1 < JC2 --> Car handling is much better, you can feel the difference driving in the sand vs road vs snow. Motorcycles handles much better. Other mouse sensitivity needs improvement (already a thread about it for improvements/annoyance found).
Shooting:
It is not "wobbly". It is called recoil and every weapon has one, even water gun.

Lastly, welcome to the board as I'm new too, but please try to be nice as they are trying to help you. If you dont want to move on to better games, feel free to play JC1 and not play JC2 at all...It's your choice. :whistle:

longboardskier
9th Mar 2010, 18:46

He's trying to get more information from you about what it is specifically you don't like about the controls of JC2. He's trying to help understand what you don't like, and therefore HELP you. If you don't want help or anyone's opinion (on a public forum...:mad2:) then please leave. Otherwise be nice.

Menthalion
9th Mar 2010, 20:18
Well, the guy has a point about firing when on a parachute, it would help if the cursor didn't move so much from steering. It might not be realistic, but then again, thats not what you buy JC2 for.

Also, analogue vehice controls don't carry over well to binary keys. Key control could do with some tweaking, but I highly doubt they will. Still wish we could bind joystick axis to movement, without having to sacrifice mouse aiming. Technically, it shouldn't be that hard.

I'm not even getting JC1 in as reference, just evaluating this game on its own merit. JC1 controls weren't that hot either.

Magariz
9th Mar 2010, 20:54

In Just Cause 1
etc.

Ok, my responses :
1. When developing the next title in a series, developers like to try new things and improve the game. This includes updating old ideas, introducing new ideas, and overhauling others. New title = Changes. This is nothing new and we need to enjoy the change and offer feedback with proof/detail so the developers know what to do in the next title.

2. I think the developers are very much in touch with the inner workings of the previous title. Game controls are a very touchy subject. They tend to be highly subjective to each individual user. If you do not like how they controls are set they did include the ability to remap the keys to your liking in the options menu under "Keyboard & Mouse" or "Keybinds". Do not have the game infront of me, but those are the usual titles for those settings.

3. You give nothing to offer feedback or allow us to support your claims, but I shall try my best here. Moving : This is what happens in every game, although if you are experiencing a delay in commands turn down your graphics as this can be an issue. Driving : Seems fine to me, its an arcade style. Shooting : Practice is all I can offer you here. There is a tin bit of recoil but once you ge that down, you should have no problem mowing down innocent bystandards with deadly precision. :lmao:

4. Um, let me think about this one................I'm going with a "no" on this one. Sorry if that disapointed you.

Love that I didn't even have to respond to his antics. Thank you guys for backing me up on that one. I enjoy the little bit of challenge in the aiming while on a parachute or a car, it shouldn't be super easy otherwise it gets boring and there wouldn't be a challenge.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=277 (A post of an in-game issue by me with details and evidence of my claim. This is a example you my want to use, or many others that are on this forum, if you encounter any other issues.)

If I am too blunt with my answers then too bad. I am not affiliated with Eidos in anyway and your response to me was childish at best. Have a great day!

LIGHTS
9th Mar 2010, 21:19
http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab80/LlGHTS/6hq895.gif

@ttz ( ) @p34nk ( ) @Menthalion ( ) @longboardskier ( ) @Magariz ( ) welcome, guys!

Magariz
9th Mar 2010, 22:16
LOL thanks lights!

Deadman
9th Mar 2010, 22:48
What on earth are you talking about? Controls are perfect in this game and JC1 was buggy as hell and felt extremely rushed. The graphics had many flaws which could've been perfected had they spent a little more time.
I have never seen a game so greatly improved by it's sequel as JC, and although I know this world takes all types and not everyone agrees on everything and right is a matter of perspective....
What the hell man, what the hell.

ttz
10th Mar 2010, 18:35
Well, the guy has a point about firing when on a parachute, it would help if the cursor didn't move so much from steering. It might not be realistic, but then again, thats not what you buy JC2 for.

Also, analogue vehicle controls don't carry over well to binary keys. Key control could do with some tweaking, but I highly doubt they will. Still wish we could bind joystick axis to movement, without having to sacrifice mouse aiming. Technically, it shouldn't be that hard.

Yes, thats what I'm talking about.

2. If you do not like how they controls are set they did include the ability to remap the keys to your liking in the options menu under "Keyboard & Mouse" or "Keybinds". Do not have the game infront of me, but those are the usual titles for those settings.

3. You give nothing to offer feedback or allow us to support your claims, but I shall try my best here. Moving : This is what happens in every game, although if you are experiencing a delay in commands turn down your graphics as this can be an issue. Driving : Seems fine to me, its an arcade style. Shooting : Practice is all I can offer you here. There is a tin bit of recoil but once you ge that down, you should have no problem mowing down innocent bystandards with deadly precision. :lmao:

4. Um, let me think about this one................I'm going with a "no" on this one. Sorry if that disapointed you.

2. I'm not talking about the keys. I'm talking about the movement of cars, etc. With the PC keyboard its difficult to drive i.e. with a car just a little little bit right to drive on the ramp, if you tap the "arrow" short-time
3. It's not the recoil. It's difficult to target quickly. The aiming system seems like being adopted from the console version of the game.
4. I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm german and i was aggressive yesterday (about the bad control). I hope I didn't hurt the guy;)

---------

5. When I do stunts (motorcycle) , the camera goes when I land in front of me, so that i can't see my wonderful stunt . This little problem could be solved by a patch too.

evelystira
10th Mar 2010, 18:57
you should also remember the demo isnt a representation of the full game, its just a recreation of one of the areas in the full game.. theres surely going to be changes in the full game and you shouldnt yell "the controls suckzzzzz!!! patch it ASAP nao because it isnt JC1!11!11!" until you've played the full game :p

ttz
10th Mar 2010, 19:20
you should also remember the demo isnt a representation of the full game, its just a recreation of one of the areas in the full game.. theres surely going to be changes in the full game and you shouldnt yell "the controls suckzzzzz!!! patch it ASAP nao because it isnt JC1!11!11!" until you've played the full game :p

Yes, I know. But I want to help Eidos/Avalanche Studios to get 100 points (of 100) on metascore. And me to enjoy a great game.:D

Magariz
10th Mar 2010, 22:51
Yes, thats what I'm talking about.

2. I'm not talking about the keys. I'm talking about the movement of cars, etc. With the PC keyboard its difficult to drive i.e. with a car just a little little bit right to drive on the ramp, if you tap the "arrow" short-time
3. It's not the recoil. It's difficult to target quickly. The aiming system seems like being adopted from the console version of the game.
4. I'm sorry for my bad english, I'm german and i was aggressive yesterday (about the bad control). I hope I didn't hurt the guy;)

---------

5. When I do stunts (motorcycle) , the camera goes when I land in front of me, so that i can't see my wonderful stunt . This little problem could be solved by a patch too.

2. Car controls on a keyboard have been difficult at best for any game. A keyboard was not designed with the intention of steering a vehicle in a game. I would recommend a controller of any kind, the xbox360 controller is highly recommended by many.

3. Accuracy with aiming your guns will come with practice. I have been playing 3d shooters for quite a while so I had no issues picking it up and shooting up the bad guys. I used to play CS and CS:Source competitively and although I do not expect everyone to play at my level or better there is no problem with the aiming. A few pointers to help you out : Start with using the pistol only. This will force you to focus on accuracy with a slow rate of fire, much easier to make sure the shot lands when you don't have the gun spraying ammo everywhere. Once you get comfortable with that then move on to the smg and then rifle. Key things to remember with the smg and rifles is that small bursts (taping the fire button rather then holding it down) will be far more effective and greatly increase accuracy. The m4 styled rifle will make quick work of any enemy once you master the aiming and short bursts. Also I have noticed a bit of "auto aiming" in the game. Try to aim near an enemy more than focusing on getting them perfectly in your crosshairs. If you fight the auto aim, you will tend to miss far more shots then if you learn to work with it. Takes a bit of practice, but if you work at it I can guarantee you will get the hang of it. No professional gamer was born with perfect game skills, ask them and they will tell you they work at it like a job. They spend hours practicing to ensure they don't loose their edge.

4. You didn't hurt me. It is rather difficult to set off my temper online whether it be in a game or on a forum. If you push my temper however you will know. Others are not as good at controlling their temper so as forewarning, watch what you say to people and think about what your saying. If you are having trouble with english then look into a web browser with spell check to help you out. Not only will this help reduce the chance that someone will confuse what your saying, any comments you have will hold a much larger impact. Safari 4.0 has a built in spell check and its free. I can be a bit blunt when helping people and its my nature, but I find that being direct and honest much better rather than sugar coating and holding someone's hand.

5. I haven't played with the camera settings but I will see what I can find to help you there. Feel free to take a look yourself and just play with the settings to try and find the result. Also the stunt camera might not work out as well as you would like. In NFS I would shut off the "Action Camera" or whatever they called it, because it got in the way more then it was cool. This kind of feature is more of a flavor content that will only appeal to a part of the consumers so usually companies don't spend too much time and money in developing this. I hope it is something they work to make a phenomenal feature but it is not a deal breaker, just an added bonus. Hopefully there are some settings to help get this how you would like it though.

Wow almost feel like I should be a moderator or something lol. I have been spending a lot of time on these forums for only having been a member for 4 days.

Ttz, keep the feedback coming. The devs are reading the forums so they are taking notes. The more feedback these forums give them, the better the game will be.