PDA

View Full Version : PC Demo Is Perfectly Optimized - Thanks Avalanche!! :)

ZombieSkydiver
8th Mar 2010, 01:11
Seriously, the demo is so well optimized for pc! Better gfx, bigger world, better gameplay than GTA4, and it runs flawlessly on my pc which cannot run GTA4 at a decent framerate, along with many other newer games.

To the folks at Avalanche, congrats on a job well done! Other developers could learn a thing or two from you guys! I really thought this game would follow the trend of poor optimization and require a quad core and brand new vid card to play properly (like GTA4, Battlefield BC 2, Op Flashpoint 2, etc...) but it doesn't and clearly shows you guys know what you're doing.

My system :

Pentium E2200 dual core @ 2.2ghz
3GB 667mhz ram
BFG GTS250 1gb

Not a high end system by any means, but it SHOULD be good enough to run pretty much any game that comes out. Unfortunately, many developers poorly code their games and they end up basically needing an C2Quad or i7 and a ATI 5870 to play properly. This game proves that good developers can make beautiful, fun games run just fine on any pc from the last couple years. Only setting I turn down in game is shadows to medium, SSAO off and turned AA/AF to 4/4.

Great game. Already bought it on Steam, waiting till release date now!

Enkeixpress
8th Mar 2010, 01:20
Your welcome!

We are glad you enjoyed the demo. ;):thumb:

LIGHTS
8th Mar 2010, 01:22
@ZombieSkydiver ( ) welcome. :)

Forsinain42
8th Mar 2010, 01:27
One slight optimization error...

No XP support! :p

I'll let that slide for now tho! XD;)

ZeroXX7
8th Mar 2010, 01:42
One slight optimization error...

No XP support! :p

I'll let that slide for now tho! XD;)

i know its joke, but 7 is to XP right now is what XP was to windows 3.1 when it was released....THATS HOW OLD XP IS. almost every thread on /v/ about this game dissolves into a 7 vs XP war because people can't let go of a 10 year old OS

ZombieSkydiver
8th Mar 2010, 01:50
i know its joke, but 7 is to XP right now is what XP was to windows 3.1 when it was released....THATS HOW OLD XP IS. almost every thread on /v/ about this game dissolves into a 7 vs XP war because people can't let go of a 10 year old OS

Yeah, XP is really showing it's age now. A couple months ago, I put XP on my pc and was quite disappointed by pretty much everything about it. I used to really like XP, but now it just feels OLD. Interface is ugly, performance is not what it used to be (My pc w/Vista x86 outperforms XP big time), it's not secure at all, etc...

XP is done. Granted, there is still a large XP userbase, but it's not really suitable anymore for new games. DX10 has been around for 3 years now, it's totally mainstream at this point, and Vista is rock solid now (I assume 7 is as well). No reason to use XP anymore unless you have a non-dual core pc with less than 2GB ram and a video card from 2007 or before.

Forsinain42
8th Mar 2010, 01:53

Yeah but I keep programming in the best bits of the new OS's into 98 as it is the best base! My PC is technically recognized as XP even tho it has bits of all of them on it! XD

EDIT: It runs DX 11 tho! XD

CloudWolf
8th Mar 2010, 13:09
yeah win 7 is sooooo much better than xp :rasp:

oh and yeah thanks Avalanche because my rig in my sig is running it effortlessly!!!!!

and im REALLY impressed by the graphics, its just a shame that the bodies dissapear so quickly even on pc!!!

Helegad
8th Mar 2010, 13:44
I would still use 98 if I could. That OS was the bomb.

Daworm
9th Mar 2010, 01:29
I would still use 98 if I could. That OS was the bomb.

A bomb it was indeed....

Zenin
9th Mar 2010, 15:05
this game supports SLi properly right?