PDA

View Full Version : On the PC, Please Make an Option for "Camera Auto Re-Center"

SpankyTheElf
7th Mar 2010, 20:38
I first made this in general discussion, but I figure it is more relevant here.

Please please please!!! We have a mouse! We can quickly move the camera if we need to. We don't need to have it snapped back to facing forward.

I know people use gamepads, so just make it an option. Best of both worlds.

As it stands right now, if you're in a vehicle or free falling, if you move the camera to face, say, down (you're in a helicopter), if you don't continually move the camera, it'll snap back to facing forwards after a second or two. This can be quite annoying/frustrating.

Please make it an option to turn it off. Thank you.

cha0s
7th Mar 2010, 22:27
+1 and also make the stunt camera an option to, because sometimes it causes me to crash into things.

Apache249
7th Mar 2010, 22:30
+2 Both of those would be nice.

ManScuz
8th Mar 2010, 00:15
Actually I just found out if you right click and hold it while flying, your view will stay where ever you put it as long as you hold down right click.

I was so happy once I found this out. Now you can truly enjoy the view from any angle as long as you want!

-Morlock-
10th Mar 2010, 02:27
I totally agree with the OP. I am loving the gameworld and the freedom, but the camera is killing the experience for me.

Every third-person game on the PC should have two sliders in the settings:
1) Distance of the camera from the main character
2) How much the game moves the camera for the player

Number two is the main issue with JC2, because I find that I am constantly fighting the camera. Yes the game needs to move the camera position for people using a gamepad, but for people using a mouse we need to choose how independent the camera is. Personally I NEVER want the game to move the camera for me... that's why I use a mouse! In JC2 whenever you change direction in a vehicle (or parachuting) the camera swings around like a drunk man being dragged behind a stampeding bull. I haaaaaaate it.

For the love of god Avalanche please add an "Independent Camera" option to the settings, else I just can't play this awesome game.

ManScuz
10th Mar 2010, 02:38
I
Number two is the main issue with JC2, because I find that I am constantly fighting the camera.

Morlock did you read the post right above yours? There's already a way to control the camera view and keep it from snapping back.

-Morlock-
10th Mar 2010, 03:11
Cheers ManScuz, but I already tried that a few days ago and unfortunately it had no effect. Also I am not just referring to the "snap back" when the mouse is idle, but more importantly for me is the game taking control of the camera in general.

I don't know how the typical PC gamer uses the mouse, but I am always moving the camera around to look at important things... but JC2 keeps yanking on my leash and telling me I am a bad dog for being independent.

Walking around isn't too bad and planes+helicopters are bearable, but driving and chuting is a nightmare tug-of-war.

-Morlock-
12th Mar 2010, 02:25
ManScuz what have you got your right-mouse-button mapped to?

ManScuz
12th Mar 2010, 02:28
ManScuz what have you got your right-mouse-button mapped to?

I changed the right mouse button to grapple. I like having the quicker access to grapple on my mouse.

If you right click and hold it while driving or flying your view should not snap back. Kinda a pain having to hold it, but at least there's something.

-Morlock-
12th Mar 2010, 03:57
I changed the right mouse button to grapple. I like having the quicker access to grapple on my mouse.

If you right click and hold it while driving or flying your view should not snap back. Kinda a pain having to hold it, but at least there's something.

Hmm, that's odd. I just tried changing my right-mouse-button to Grapple and held it while driving & flying, but I still can't get rid of the auto-centre - the camera just snaps back behind the vehicle as normal. Thanks for letting me know though.

ManScuz
12th Mar 2010, 04:16
Hmm, that's odd. I just tried changing my right-mouse-button to Grapple and held it while driving & flying, but I still can't get rid of the auto-centre - the camera just snaps back behind the vehicle as normal. Thanks for letting me know though.

That sucks man. Sorry it didn't work.

I actually played JC1 tonight and the right click hold works there too.

Weird. Hope you get it sorted man, the snap views bug me too.

Techguy
12th Mar 2010, 07:16
Too late now. :( The game is done. That guy in the general discussion forum said he got to play the "full game" at Square Enix Paris. It's probably been completed since before the demo was released. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll toss this in a patch but I wouldn't count on it. My only question now is, what's the hold up? Ship this thing already.

-Morlock-
15th Mar 2010, 22:57
I should add a small correction to my previous point about the "camera auto-recenter".

After a little experimentation I've realised that some of my camera problems are because I am using a 360 controller to steer (with my left hand) and a mouse to aim (with my right hand). So as well as the normal camera re-center annoyance, my camera is also re-centering everytime I steer a land vehicle left or right. So apologies to Avalanche, that was my own mistake.

However PLEASE add a "Camera Auto Re-Center" toggle to the options menu, because this would solve both my problems.

@TechGuy: I'm hoping this gets fixed with a patch - That's a nice side effect of releasing a demo before the main product.

imported_D__E
16th Mar 2010, 17:00
+1 to the first 2 posts. I came to the forum to say the same thing. Also a more vertical view would be nice. I like to drop things from the choppers, but I cant watch the stuff fall, because my view wont go virtical enough. Same problem when im base jumping I need to look down, not out. What do you guys think.