PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS New Human Classes, Born From The Old Ones

GenFeelGood
10th Mar 2014, 19:40
I had a thought on the human classes. I'm sure its been thought already and possibly posted as well, but, I could not find it so . . . here we go.

It has already been announced that with the two new vampire classes, the deceiver and the one yet to be named, there will be two new human class as well. I, however, wonder if it seems plausible to simply offer something different for the current human classes. The humans are very diverse in their arsenal, much more than the vampires, and I wonder if these arsenals could just be re-centered to create a new variation of each class.

For the Scout, we could remove the bow and arrow to turn him into a pure knife thrower turning him from sniper to assassin.

There was a thread by one of the developers about interest in a close range class, shotgun class, for the new guys that can't shoot straight yet. Instead, the Alchemist could just lose the grenade launcher and become a straight flame thrower class which would allow more emphasis on team support.

For the Hunter, there has a lot of interest about that big machete on his back, since alpha and the start of beta. A lot of us wanna whip that bad boy out and go to town. Center him on the explosives aspect, tossing mutiple grenades and sticky bombs, with one hand and that machete in the other as our melee. It doesn't have to be stronger than the standard melee, maybe a little faster would be cool but whatever works.

What do you guys think? Does it sound good or I am just a little off today?

GenFeelGood
15th Mar 2014, 14:34
On second thought, since the vampires are getting evolution and possibly access to evolved abilities to go with them, perhaps this could be the equivalent for the humans.

Just to be clear, I don't think these evolved vampire abilities, if they are coming, will create unfair advantages; but instead just be uniquely new with just as many disadvantages to the older abilities.

PlagueMaster
15th Mar 2014, 14:44
Where did you read about evolved abilities? It is only skins, not more.

GenFeelGood
16th Mar 2014, 02:17
Where did you read about evolved abilities? It is only skins, not more.

Its only a suspicion, they showed a number of abilities in the official game play broadcast that we don't have access to and I figure they must be holding them back for something.

Khalith
16th Mar 2014, 03:04
Its only a suspicion, they showed a number of abilities in the official game play broadcast that we don't have access to and I figure they must be holding them back for something.

Those are just abilities that haven't been implemented yet, nothing more. Sorry to disappoint you.

shinros
16th Mar 2014, 16:35
I recall someone saying something similar for vampires as well they gave an example a female Turelim class that focuses on short range TK attacks they gave the class the name banshee.

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2014, 03:09
I recall someone saying something similar for vampires as well they gave an example a female Turelim class that focuses on short range TK attacks they gave the class the name banshee.

I think the devs have said that gender will not be optional any time some, but TK is definitely the way to go for the Turelim if evolved abilities are ever done.

Saturnity
17th Mar 2014, 03:43
Those ideas completely remove hitscan damage, which is a big draw to playing humans.

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2014, 14:46
Those ideas completely remove hitscan damage, which is a big draw to playing humans.

Hitscan damage, I'm not familiar with that term could you elaborate on that?

In truth those were suggestions, a for instance if you will, towards the overall idea. I'm sure they could adjust the variations or do completely different ones without taking away what makes the humans fun.

Saturnity
17th Mar 2014, 15:34
Hitscan damage, I'm not familiar with that term could you elaborate on that?

In truth those were suggestions, a for instance if you will, towards the overall idea. I'm sure they could adjust the variations or do completely different ones without taking away what makes the humans fun.

Hitscan damage is where if you accurately aim at a target from any valid distance, it's guaranteed to hit and can't be dodged after the attack fires. After spread or delayed fire, that is.

It's usually bullets or sometimes melee, but arrows work like that in Nosgoth.

GenFeelGood
17th Mar 2014, 19:08
Oh I see, its true I can't see those variations being capable of hitscan damage but that doesn't mean that there couldn't be new variations that are.