PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE More indication of teammates' HP

Saturnity
10th Mar 2014, 17:59
I noticed that there's a lot of confusion on both teams regarding HP, at least with newer players. On the vamp side, people who take the most damage often aren't recognized in time or not recognized at all, so oftentimes they're passed up during feeding time. Someone who takes 800 damage during a fight simply can't get into position to heal as quickly as someone who takes 200.

On the human side this can get even worse. It's not always easy to tell how much damage was done to your team during a vampire attack. Some members of the team will want to move to the next recharge station and others will assume everyone's okay and will want to hold their ground. I've had to bail more than once to get heals because of slow decisions by the team regarding heals.

Having hp bars or mouseovers on players would really streamline the process. You'll know right away who needs what without checking usernames on the portraits.

MarinePikachu
10th Mar 2014, 18:20
health bars would be nice but it is clearly shown how much health each member has on the left side with the portraits of your team members. Its very easy to tell the health of teammates outside of battles. During battles, it might be nice to have health bars so I don't have to take my eyes off the battle to look at the portraits.

Razaiim
10th Mar 2014, 18:20
look at the portraits in the top left. As your teammates take damage it fills from the bottom up with red, and it updates near instantly, I find that is more then sufficient for me to decide who needs/is likely going to heal

Ygdrasel
11th Mar 2014, 09:25
Health bars would be distracting. Use the portraits. If a quick glance toward them while maintaining battle is too much for you then you're probably not cut out for a battle game. :P

Khalith
11th Mar 2014, 11:47
The portraits on the side are enough of an indicator imo.

Hugbringer
11th Mar 2014, 22:43
I think the best you might be able to do is create an option in the UI that allowed for a keybind of a 'Show Health' button...say like hitting F1 to briefly light up your team-mates health bar.

Though even this would likely not go over well as it would make targeting through smoke easier as you could just target the pounced team mate's health bar as well as targeting damage numbers in combat through smoke or fire, which you can already do. I didn't just let slip a secret did I? :)

Saturnity
12th Mar 2014, 21:19
Health bars would be distracting. Use the portraits. If a quick glance toward them while maintaining battle is too much for you then you're probably not cut out for a battle game. :P

I play a competitive shooter in ESEA. I just find that seeing health by looking directly at someone is a big help in the action.