PDA

View Full Version : Fragile Alliance Issues

Zidrien
7th Mar 2010, 04:27
Just a few questions on the new fragile alliance. I understand that you may not be able to answer complete questions yet, but I wonder if you would be able to just give brief answers.

1. Have you been able to overcome the issue of cheating? Eg. Boosting.

2. Have you added anything to stop people ganging up on others?

3. Are there going to be any options to slightly customise clothes? Eg. Ties or Shoes?

4. One final issue I and some other online friends had trouble with. If another player begins to shoot at you, then you are stuck. If you do nothing, then they may kill you. But if you shoot back, then YOU become the traitor. Have you been able to overcome this?

Like I said, I know you can't reveal too many details at this time, but if you could give any brief answers, I would appreciate it. :)

Kent-45
7th Mar 2010, 04:46
Once you start a game of Fragile Alliance... it's the equivalent of the wild west. All you can do is watch your back and try not to get shot. The game is unforgiving in this regard, and that's why I enjoy it.

Zidrien
7th Mar 2010, 06:11
Well, fair enough. But a few things could still do with improvement.

Kent-45
7th Mar 2010, 06:14
I think there should be a definite cooldown period during the first few minutes of the match to prvent griefing.

And yes you're right...fragile alliance needs some fixes. I think KL2 has really made FA a priority this time around.

blazinshotguns
7th Mar 2010, 06:45
bro you cant stop boosting

BeardedHoplite
7th Mar 2010, 17:41
Number 4 was my main problem with FA. I got marked as the traitor so many times because I killed the original traitor.

Dr Klowneus
7th Mar 2010, 22:29
bro you cant stop boosting

They create the game, they can stop boosting if they want to, They wont for the first game, but who still plays it online, apart from noobs and boosters with no lives anyway

Here's what i hope they do in Dog Days

A) remove the ability to play as Kane and Lynch in online multiplayer
B) Throw out the truskill ranking system for the 360 version
C) make a decent randomized lobby system like gears 2 or halo 3
D) penalize people who quit out of matches and who kill themsleves
E) make appearance and Rank random like in the ps3 version
F) Permaban people who Boost

Any number of these will stop boosting, boosting pretty much ruined the online community for the first game, they have address it in the second or else they'll get scorned by reviewers and fans alike

Zidrien
8th Mar 2010, 05:36
That's another thing, the lobby in Dead Men was just so basic. It would be really great if you had more options.

Kent-45
8th Mar 2010, 05:39
Dead Men was basic because eidos had them release the game early. Fragile alliance wasn't really polished or anything

Zidrien
8th Mar 2010, 07:19
I would also like to make a few other suggestions.

1. As we all know, some players can be a real pain to play with. So I would like to see a kick system that would allow players to be kicked in the lobby, BEFORE the game actually starts. Therefore it cannot be misused by players.

2. To help stop people from boosting and cheating, perhaps introducing a system where players will suffer a penalty if they allow traitors to escape.

3. A system like this: A MERC becomes a TRAITOR and kills 1 other MERC. Reward on head: 100,000. The TRAITOR kills another MERC. Reward on head: 200,000. Kills another MERC. Reward on head: 300,000. And so on. And if a player gets a REVENGE kill, they get twice the reward on the TRAITORS head. Example: Reward on head: 100,000. Revenge kill: 200,000. Just a suggestion.

Dr Klowneus
8th Mar 2010, 11:24
The more and more i think about it, if they have a lobby system where you can play with your friends, ppl will just boost. if they institute a matchmaking system like halo 3, it would pretty much kill boosting, if ppl wanna play a social match they should play it in an unranked match. if we really wanna see who the best in the world is we wont be able to with the boosters and they're mad fake skills, sorry to be fair they are good at killing themselves and talking ****

if people rank up by points, they should be penalized for quitting out, ppl quit out of every match and it sucks

UhUh
8th Mar 2010, 14:55
Get rid of the ranking system, it doesn't mean anything anyway.
It's just an excuse to troll and grief random people.

Don't make the lobby as a menu, make it in game; an hideout where you start before the game begins, so while I wait I can fool around, test the weapons or wathever, make it interesting.

Add a lot of radio commands, bad company2 or team fortress2 have good ones, I don't talk all the time with the microphone, I'd like to know if an ally need help, if he want me to shoot his way or cover him.

Dedicated servers? I'll probably play on the xbox, but pc players may like it. I know I would.

A level editor? I know it takes time...but makes the difference, FarCry2's editor is still the most awesome I've seen. Maybe at a later time too as dlc :P

Bevacur
8th Mar 2010, 17:54
They should put music in the background during matches.

A. Music helps alot, makes firefights much more hardcore.

B. It will fit the style of the game and will make firefights seem more intense.

Once again i will post a link to my favorite soundtrack from Dead Men.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFT1t3Z6ks

I mean come on, it sounds awesome and fits the intensity of a shootout.
Just imagine this music playing in the background while the environment falls apart around you, sound will get warped because of grenades exploding nearby just like Bad Company 2 you go deaf for a few sec's, bullets flying over your head, squad mates dying and blood going over the camera with screams everywhere. THAT WILL BE INSANE!!!

Zidrien
8th Mar 2010, 23:52
The more and more i think about it, if they have a lobby system where you can play with your friends, ppl will just boost. if they institute a matchmaking system like halo 3, it would pretty much kill boosting, if ppl wanna play a social match they should play it in an unranked match. if we really wanna see who the best in the world is we wont be able to with the boosters and they're mad fake skills, sorry to be fair they are good at killing themselves and talking ****

if people rank up by points, they should be penalized for quitting out, ppl quit out of every match and it sucks
You know, I like the idea of a Matchmaking system. I would almost completely cut out boosting all together. And yes, you can play with friends on an unranked match. I think that's perfect!