PDA

View Full Version : Freezing issues with 181.22

chickenchief
6th Mar 2010, 14:44
After the news about the latest nvidia drivers i downgraded to 181.22, but after that i got a persitient problem. Sometimes during the menu or the game the entire screen will freeze. Now here comes the weird part. The screen is frozen but i can still hear Rico walk around/shoot/grapple. I am still playing the game, but the screen is frozen at one image.

It is also worth noting that these drivers gives me the best experience in-game. All the 190+ drivers make most of my games run slower than they should.

Specs:
Geforce 260 gtx
i5 quad core
4 gigs of ram

compatible
6th Mar 2010, 15:18
After the news about the latest nvidia drivers i downgraded to 181.22, but after that i got a persitient problem. Sometimes during the menu or the game the entire screen will freeze. Now here comes the weird part. The screen is frozen but i can still hear Rico walk around/shoot/grapple. I am still playing the game, but the screen is frozen at one image.

It is also worth noting that these drivers gives me the best experience in-game. All the 190+ drivers make most of my games run slower than they should.

Specs:
Geforce 260 gtx
i5 quad core
4 gigs of ram

Well clearly they are not giving you the best experience at all if you are getting game freezes , the very latest drivers from Nvida /Ati are optimised for jc2 the older ones do not have a good graphics profile of jc2 in them , i would say install the very latest but before you do , do a full driver clean up using a driver cleaner software..

the reason you here the game still is because the sound card drivers have not crash the graphics drivers have, so the game is still running but nothing is displayed..

MadCatChiken
6th Mar 2010, 15:35
I had this, changing the drivers to 196.21 did the trick.

chickenchief
6th Mar 2010, 16:01
I had the the 196.21 before i downgraded, and that driver messed up my frame rate quite a bit. While the 181.22 does tend to crash it is the one that gives a steadier and smoother framerate. I have tried out other drivers like the 182, 186 and 185. While those fixed my crashes, the framerate was even worse than the 196.22.

elamre
6th Mar 2010, 21:57
update drivers, solved it for me ;)

chickenchief
6th Mar 2010, 22:41
update drivers, solved it for me ;)

I would if it didnt mess up my PC.

compatible
7th Mar 2010, 12:39
I would if it didnt mess up my PC.

the issue with the latest drivers seam to be only linked to the 9 series cards i have a gtx295 ,seems to be working well with the newest drivers , if you don't want to risk it i would wait for another driver set to come out from nvida , but you maybe waiting at leased a month for them to get there act together.

elamre
7th Mar 2010, 15:34
why mess? the dangerous one got removed?
i haz 280, and froos somethimes too

chickenchief
7th Mar 2010, 16:10
Just so you know, i am not afraid of the issue with overheating video card or something similar. MY ISSUE is that every driver except the 181.22 makes just cause 2 run at a very low framerate, but the 181.22 itself crashes just cause 2 more than often even if it runs it 10-20 fps faster.