PDA

View Full Version : Who's voicing lara croft this time round?

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:41
Ok... i had a similar thread to this a while back on tomb raider general discussion... but now i want to know! Is keeley going to voice lara?! she'd better.:scratch: what are your thoughts on this?

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 13:44
i want keeley to voice lara and alison to continue the motion capture

but im not sure if it will be keeley voicing this new game the side game that comes out in summer it woudn't of had as much of a budget, i hope alison and keeley are in the next TR game but as for this lara croft game i dont know xD

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:46
ahhh!!! it would be annoying if they jump back and forth between actresses and models. but meh... i don't really know. :S i think keeley would be great still, i just hope they keep her!

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 13:54
same here i hope they keep her and alison!

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 13:58
We will answer this soon! :)

lilhanhan
6th Mar 2010, 14:00
I actually forgot all about the voice actors when thinking about this game. Seeing as I read that they're focusing more on gameplay and that it has a arcade feel to it, I've just expected classic text based narration! ^.^;

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 14:04

thank youuuu!! :D

And ooo Keir i didnt know you spoke french (just saw the facebook page :p)

_Love2Raid_
6th Mar 2010, 20:52
As long as she is British, she can act and she has a nice, clear voice. :)

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 20:57
keeley can do all of that :D

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 20:58
I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't voiced at all and instead had rolling text.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:06
thats true but im talking more of TR9 game

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 21:07
Me.

So expect Lara to be Scottish.

Scanning the letter this very moment.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:17
lara scottish? waaa?!

how could she raid tombs, she would be drunk all the time :p

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:20
lara scottish? waaa?!

Ooohh, Rexie's gonna kill you, man. Better run. Fast. :lol:

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 21:21
Well Keeley cause I've always thought she was pretty cool before TR and I just hate it if they have a new actress voice her and then have Keeley back for say the next TR. Make sense?:scratch:

I always have this kind of rant when someone brings it up but to me having a different voice actor takes me out of the game and in a way ruins the experience.

Lara should have a northern accent!:lol:

angelus0901
6th Mar 2010, 21:22
lara scottish? waaa?!

:lol:

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 21:24
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/techchron/2006/06/15/bull498x371.jpg

I'm not Scottish, some people may think it when I talk English, because my English accent resembles an Scottish one. I'm an Lithuanian at blood.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:29
Well Keeley cause I've always thought she was pretty cool before TR and I just hate it if they have a new actress voice her and then have Keeley back for say the next TR. Make sense?:scratch:

I always have this kind of rant when someone brings it up but to me having a different voice actor takes me out of the game and in a way ruins the experience.

Lara should have a northern accent!:lol:

i was totally gonna back you up there but if she had a northern accent then she would keep getting ASBO's :p

Lara is fine the way she is i woudn't mind raiding her tomb :p

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 21:35

:lol::lol:

TWSS!

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 21:43
i was totally gonna back you up there but if she had a northern accent then she would keep getting ASBO's :p

She can be a scouser...

That would actually be quite brilliant to see and hear!:lol:

Sigh, I love Britain!

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:44
What if she had a Texas accent? Oh, God, I can just see it.... "Howdy y'all!!" It doesn't look right. :lol:

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:47
a scouser? a scouser! A SCOUSER!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

never!!!!!!!!

if CD ever done that i would destroy them!!!!

lol at 'howdy y'all'

'i'll be raiding your tomb now ya hear'

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 21:49
Think about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNyx_04Tr70

Yep the guys a man but a little imagination will allow the voice to be transformed into female and be the sound made from Lara's voice box! Haha!

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:59
lol at 'howdy y'all'

'i'll be raiding your tomb now ya hear'

:lol: Or what about: "Darn tootin' I'm gonna fire this here gun at you!"

The funny thing is, :lol:, nobody talks like that in Texas.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 22:16
lol it may be a bit of a stereotype but its funny, made my laugh

much loves for bringing it up Jrod :D

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 22:18
You're welcome. It is good to laugh at one's self every once in a while. :D

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 22:20
Jamaican accent would be quite entertaining... "one love Lara":lol:

Or Irish, I like Irish people.

@JRod - If Lara had a Texas accent does that mean she could be leatherface?:scratch::eek:

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 22:34
Jamaican accent would be quite entertaining... "one love Lara":lol:

Or Irish, I like Irish people.

@JRod - If Lara had a Texas accent does that mean she could be leatherface?:scratch::eek:

:eek::eek:

Hell no!! :lol: Those kinds of movies scare the crap out of me.

Hmm.... Maybe Walker, Texas Ranger.

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 23:05
I can probably say this... I've played the game when it's had place holder voice acting in. It's guys from Crystal doing all the voices. Some of them are absolutely hilarious :lol::lol:

I want to get them released as an unlockable or something, lol.

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:08
I can probably say this... I've played the game when it's had place holder voice acting in. It's guys from Crystal doing all the voices. Some of them are absolutely hilarious :lol::lol:

I'd pay to see this.

(any chance you can get them to do an Texas accent? :P)

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 23:10
I'd pay to see this.

(any chance you can get them to do an Texas accent? :P)

There's one guy who plays a baddie... I think it's the audio guy at Crystal (I hope he's not reading this) and he sounds like Kermit :lol:

http://www.inkycircus.com/photos/uncategorized/kermit.gif

DamianGraham
6th Mar 2010, 23:11

Keir so mysterious all the time :P :cool:

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:14

Damn, I want your job. Wonder if it's too late to graduate. :lol:

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 23:15
lol Keir is the international man of mystery, which confuses me when he sounds like he has been to CD when he says he is in london
:eek:

does he teleport? :D

DamianGraham
6th Mar 2010, 23:17
lol Keir is the international man of mystery, which confuses me when he sounds like he has been to CD when he says he is in london
:eek:

:O i wanna teleport!! Teach me how

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:18

He's a Ninja. He's everywhere. All the time. Here's proof, taken at my trip to London last year:

http://silas216.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ninja.jpg

And bloody hell, it must be late there. 01:20 am in Finland.

DamianGraham
6th Mar 2010, 23:20
He's a Ninja. He's everywhere. All the time.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ih5OimxGNNo/SjA_WDrTjrI/AAAAAAAAAmo/YGv16EzaNGA/s400/ninja.jpg

Here's proof, taking at my trip to London last year:

http://silas216.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ninja.jpg

That poor guy sitting has no clue about what's about to happen to him...

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:21
That poor guy sitting has no clue about what's about to happen to him...

Appereantly, Eidos doesn't love him.

Because he's a pirate and pirates games, ofcourse.

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 23:28
http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/t/teleport.gif

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 23:34
where does he get these emoticons?

does he ninja them or is he a god? o.0

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:35
So the truth is 'oot:

Mini Nijas was based on a real life story, Hiro is Keir. Keir is Hiro.

Batman can bow down to me.

Now this is a perfect world, eh? Q is God, Keir is a Ninja and I'm speaking like an Canadian.

Bloody Hell, I need sleep.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 23:41
do you ever sleep? lol

lilhanhan
7th Mar 2010, 00:09

There's one guy who plays a baddie... I think it's the audio guy at Crystal (I hope he's not reading this) and he sounds like Kermit

Aww I really want to listen to their voice work now, especially if one of the guys sounds like Kermit the frog! The person who's been voicing Lara should really try to do a Miss Piggy impression; then it'll be perfect. :p

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 00:19
lol muppets comes to lara xD

lilhanhan
7th Mar 2010, 00:40
lol muppets comes to lara xD

Now I've got the idea of a Muppet film adaptation of Tomb Raider stuck in my head!

To be honest it wouldn't be the worst idea for a videogame based movie... ^.^;

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 00:55
Now I've got the idea of a Muppet film adaptation of Tomb Raider stuck in my head!

To be honest it wouldn't be the worst idea for a videogame based movie... ^.^;

God, could you imagine the conversations Miss Piggy and Lara would have together?

Rachie
7th Mar 2010, 04:38

Any chance of a sneaky upload of said voice acting? :D

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 04:49
Any chance of a sneaky upload of said voice acting? :D

:lol: I think they'd kill Keir before they'd let him do that.

Ants_27_
7th Mar 2010, 09:20
:eek::eek:

Hell no!! :lol: Those kinds of movies scare the crap out of me.

Hmm.... Maybe Walker, Texas Ranger.

I'm not surprised the sledgehammer part:eek:

As for the teleporting thing I can teleport but I just don't want too.:lol:

tombraidergal
7th Mar 2010, 11:22

Don't even GO THERE! :lol:

I live in the north and was born in cambridgeshire though, i got a northener accent! and where i live they got it worse.

imagine lara saying 'A fink the artifact is o'ver theer above that big fingy. nah a dunno why people say we talk lark shakespear. i dunt even lek art any moor.'

Speaking:
o'ver (o pronnounced like a lower case O)
Theer (thee-er)
Lark (lark)
moor (moo-er)

ha ha. come up north you won't know what anybody is on about!
(i don't actually speak like that, but i know people who do):nut:

EDIT: damn i quoted the wrong thing... :-/ i think it was the post above danielsun that i was supposed to quote... No it wasn't... just checked. i thought i was quoting what daniel sun quoted ha ha.

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 11:40
i've been to the north (birmingham ) even though thats more of the midlands thats as far north as i dare to go before i need to wear a hazmat suit :p

lilhanhan
7th Mar 2010, 13:35
i've been to the north (birmingham ) even though thats more of the midlands thats as far north as i dare to go before i need to wear a hazmat suit :p

But Birmingham isn't in the North, like you said it's in the Midlands!

I live in the North West and it isn't that bad; sure we have our fair share of Chavs but it's impossible to escape them, no matter what region you live in. :hmm:

Anyway, it would be funny if she had a Northern accent and maybe used some Wigan dialect, because that'll definitely confuse some people!

Here's web page explaining some of our dialect! XD (http://www.wiganworld.co.uk/stuff/dialect1.php?opt=dialect1)

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 14:15
lol it would be funny, maybe they should make it an unlockable or something lol

*kill 200 beasts unlocked northen accent*

Rexie
7th Mar 2010, 14:49
Unlockables:

Be yourself! - Awarded for completing the whole game with Lara only. Unlocks Lara in Scottish Accent

Oy mate, I'm too lazy to climb that 'ege - Awarded after completing the game with Totec only. Unlocks all the characters talking in a very high, Brittish accent. Voiced by Eidos.

But I feel like celebratin' - Awarded for killing 10 mobs in 5 minutes. Q Continuim does the voice for the whole game.

I DON'T! Kill only 2 mobs in the whole game. Unlocks Keir and Jay doing the voices.

Dun dun dun dun dun dun! Kill only bats in the game, and find the hidden Bat-Symbol. Unlocks Batman Totec costume, and Kevin Conroy does Lara's voice.

Losing the faith in life. Unlocked after starting a new game, and after achieving all of the above Achievements. It unlocks voiceacting by the whole TR crew, Eric Lindstrom Outfit for Lara, and a brand new level. With unicorns, rainbows and Leprichauns, making it so shiny and pretty that even the gayest man in the world would step back and watch in awe and you'll never want to eat magic mushrooms or take acid again.

The darkness in the end of the tunell. Unlocks Level Editor. To achieve this, you must do the following:

Complete the game,
Start a new game,
Acheive all of the achievements,
Sit down, take a deep sigh, load the revovler and shoot yourself in the foot.
Realize you have no life,
Yell at the game.

This unlocks a new special level which a highly drunk Keir designed because he could. No spoilers here. Complete it, and you've unlocked the level editor.

And by the looks of it, I already played the game.

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 18:14
Maybe she should have a Spanish accent. :scratch:

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 19:37
lol what would keir say if he saw this?

Rexie
7th Mar 2010, 19:52
lol what would keir say if he saw this?

http://softeuropean.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/slap.jpg

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 20:33
where the heck do you keep getting these pictures Rexie? lol

Ants_27_
7th Mar 2010, 21:44
I live in the North West and it isn't that bad; sure we have our fair share of Chavs

I live in the north west too:eek:

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 21:53
:rolleyes:

http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/darth-vader-noooo.jpg

Ants_27_
7th Mar 2010, 21:57
:rolleyes:

http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/darth-vader-noooo.jpg

u dissin it tho G?

Sorry, couldn't resist!:lol:

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 22:15
lol that just made me laugh with your response there Ants_27 :)

Ants_27_
7th Mar 2010, 22:22
Innit, cnt use propa wrdz cuz dat wld be gay!

Plus people had better watch there back cause "Dey'll get merked big tym bruv"

I'm sorry I'll stop now:lol:

I love the modern dictionary!

A vote for a chav is a vote for Lara! - that has nothing really to do with anything but it had the word chav in it so I wanted to use it. I really have nothing against chavs cause they don't bother me so I don't mean to offend! Anyway, yes I want Keeley to stay, failing that we have ashes in April again.

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 23:04
lol i think lara would take the flame thrower to the chavs

'hmmm un educated violent people...'

*sprays flame*

'much better...'

:p

Edit: o yeah now i remember why i said come to this one instead of the general discussion one, lara needs more depth and voice acting is great lets continue that discussion lol

lilhanhan
8th Mar 2010, 00:00

Sweet! :D

A vote for a chav is a vote for Lara! - that has nothing really to do with anything but it had the word chav in it so I wanted to use it. I really have nothing against chavs cause they don't bother me so I don't mean to offend! Anyway, yes I want Keeley to stay, failing that we have ashes in April again.

I can't tell you how long it actually took me to read that modern slang; it sounded like I was trying to learn how to read again! O.O

Yeah, I don't personally have anything against chavs (mostly because that phase of everybody fearing about them and always being on the news as been and gone); but the way we look at them is more of a stereotype thing now, so I don't think you've offended anyone. :)

Max 28
8th Mar 2010, 02:37
I was expecting text narrative too but cool to hear that there will be voices. :)

That would make awesome unlockable content. Kermit haha.

Rachie
8th Mar 2010, 04:05
Keir, you must go and suggest that the original Crystal voice-acting be an unlockable feature within the game. Even if it be in a hidden location within the game, like an easter egg. If you are at work while reading this, please get off your chair and do it now.

Thank you. :D

Ants_27_
8th Mar 2010, 07:48
I can't tell you how long it actually took me to read that modern slang; it sounded like I was trying to learn how to read again! O.O

:rasp:

@Danielsun - Yeah lets carry on that other conversation. Where was I?

Now I remember. I do like Lara as a strong female cause my family has always given out more strong females than males (with my mum being a single parent and all that)so I think I feel somewhat 'proud' of strong female characters. Now I also hate her cause compared to some of my other favourite females she's just too perfect and too underdeveloped...

So Keeley fits in cause she is underlying thread that runs underneath all of that above!:D

Danielsun_
8th Mar 2010, 11:23
indeed consistency is a big part with character development keeley should stay so we have a consistent voice actor but the devs. certainly need to add more depth to lara, if they do this when she goes through a hard time, a good time or a tense moment which has you on the edge of your seat going..come on you can do it! (MGS) :D Then it will definatly be worth it :D

tombraidergal
8th Mar 2010, 15:16

Chavs bother me. honestly, try being me for a day.

'Ha ha look her hair is frizzy!' or 'Omg why've you got a calculator?'
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

They drive me insane. >.< and yes... i have bad hair days. who doesn't?

a_big_house
8th Mar 2010, 21:27
Chavs bother me. honestly, try being me for a day.

'Ha ha look her hair is frizzy!' or 'Omg why've you got a calculator?'
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

They drive me insane. >.< and yes... i have bad hair days. who doesn't?

i know how you feel! plymouth isnt chav free either! they're like a virus, i find their tracksuits, offensive :-)

JRod108
8th Mar 2010, 22:09
'Kay, I have to ask, what on earth is a Chav? :lol:

Danielsun_
8th Mar 2010, 23:18
woah Jrod you have never heard,seen or laughed at a Chav?

truly where you live must be a paradise as we have to put up with these parasitical vermin leeching off our blood,

damnit they got no jerbs!!!!

Max 28
9th Mar 2010, 02:36
I think every society has their own 'chav'. But just under different names and with different trademark qualities. :p

If their getting voice acting it probably means we'll get some nice cutscenes in the game. :)

Ants_27_
9th Mar 2010, 07:51
woah Jrod you have never heard,seen or laughed at a Chav?

You can't laugh at chav's:eek: I is one with the chav... now were did my ASBO go?:lol:

Danielsun_
9th Mar 2010, 11:01
lol you're not a chav Ants for one you own a computer :p and you play TR :p

i hate chavs i wouldn't mind the starship deadalus and wiping them all off the face off the earth!! mwuhahaha

Edit: Damnit we are off topic again!! we were talking about lara needs more depth and consistency lets get that back as the topic lol

Ants_27_
9th Mar 2010, 22:01
So we went -as you said Danielsun- from talking about who'll be voicing Lara this time, to talking about chavs or Lara being a chav!:lol::nut:

I really do like conversations, they make me smile.

As far as voice actors go, Keeley for the win!:D

Danielsun_
9th Mar 2010, 22:30
lol tis good convo's :D

yes indeed keeley is a fantastic voice actor :) but lara needs like a proper story where we can connect much like your loved characters from heavy rain :)

NightRain'06
10th Mar 2010, 05:07
Ok... i had a similar thread to this a while back on tomb raider general discussion... but now i want to know! Is keeley going to voice lara?! she'd better.:scratch: what are your thoughts on this?

I've played some of the classic games but now I'm accustomed to Keeley Hawes. I hope they lock her for the role again. If not, I won't get upset. As long as Lara's not mute. :D

Ants_27_
10th Mar 2010, 08:01
lol tis good convo's :D

yes indeed keeley is a fantastic voice actor :) but lara needs like a proper story where we can connect much like your loved characters from heavy rain :)

Heavy Rain characters, yay!:D

Voice acting ain't the greatest in HR but I think it is the storyline that pulls off the HR characters. That makes me wonder, maybe Keeley should do the mo-cap for some of it? Like the HR cast do, the voice actors also do the mo-cap.:scratch:

aussie500
10th Mar 2010, 09:14
Keeley returning to do Lara's voice would be nice.

JRod108
12th Mar 2010, 01:43
But... I still don't know what a Chav is.... :o I live in Texas, where none of these English names really trickle through. (I do hope that y'all are referring to something in England... That would be slightly embarassing if y'all were talking about something I should know......) I mean, is it like a redneck? These are the people that make us look like stupid farmers and that we all ride horses to school and they chew tabacco and like none of us can hold a conversation without spitting in a metal pot.....

Danielsun_
12th Mar 2010, 12:00
lol rednecks and chavs could be alike but no we dont have rednecks in england going round saying 'They took our jerbs!!!' :D

a chav can be anyone is like a social standing, you know what an emo, goth, rude boi or trendy is?

Chav is an ill educated, foul mouthed, violent aggressive and usually wears tracksuits here is a picture

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4JWtIEhnGLY/SdYmwNsCdjI/AAAAAAAAAA8/wbo7iKcI68c/S1600-R/chav2.jpg

i <3 google, where is that anyways? looks like somewhere up north, Ants? :p

Ants_27_
12th Mar 2010, 13:24
l
[COLOR="Teal"]i <3 google, where is that anyways? looks like somewhere up north, Ants? :p

It's me and me crew?!:eek: Only kidding!

Most probably up north somewhere!:lol:

Max 28
13th Mar 2010, 02:50
Ew, those tracksuits are gross.

tombraidergal
13th Mar 2010, 12:22
Don't diss the north of britain muah ha! i live there... meh. yes... i suppose... NORTH SUCKS. ha ha. I wasn't born up north but i live there and i so wish chavs would dieeee. They walk like weirdo's thinking they're all 'hard' and that and honestly can this be end of the chav convo? just imagine... lara a chav.
"R8 good innit?"
ha ha. :P
END OF TOPIC. TALK ABOUT LARA'S VOICE ACTRESSES NOW.

Imagine a male voicing lara ha ha!!!

Ants_27_
13th Mar 2010, 16:51
END OF TOPIC. TALK ABOUT LARA'S VOICE ACTRESSES NOW.

But, what if her voice actor is being a chav?!:eek:

I'm sorry I will stop now, you get me G?

I think Claudia Black is good at voice acting too... maybe not a fit for Lara but she's great as Chloe in Among Thieves!

P.S. I'm not being horrible to the North cause I'm born and bred there... well north west but still I think you'd class it as north!?

dark7angel
13th Mar 2010, 18:47
I think Claudia Black is good at voice acting too... maybe not a fit for Lara but she's great as Chloe in Among Thieves!

Yeah, she is (then again all voice actors on that game are pretty good!) but I really can't imagine her voicing Lara!

I say CD should keep Keeley!!! :cool:

Danielsun_
13th Mar 2010, 18:49
keep keeley!!!

and holy crap are all the british people on the forums from the damn north? am i the only pure southern boy :p

Ants_27_
13th Mar 2010, 19:18
keep keeley!!!

and holy crap are all the british people on the forums from the damn north? am i the only pure southern boy :p

We are superior!:rasp:

I agree Claudia probably wouldn't fit as Lara but she is pretty darn sweet... then again they all are as you said!:D Anyway, yes I say keep Keeley... yay, ashes starts again on the 23rd I think... More Keeley goodness!!

tombraidergal
13th Mar 2010, 21:31
23rd of march??? OMG! :eek: i can't wait!!!!!

The north is amazing. ;) even if it lacks awesomeness, but its amazing for no reason what so ever ha ha.

lilhanhan
13th Mar 2010, 22:11
Cool, so the new series of Ashes To Ashes definitely starts on the 23rd? I'll watch it although I really do prefer Life On Mars (sorry Keeley fans!).

And yes the North is awesome... mostly because I live there! :p Hehe, I kid. ^.~

Oh dear, we really have gone off-topic! But I guess that's there's not much to talk about if we all think that Keeley Hawes is still the current voice actress for Lara. :o

Danielsun_
13th Mar 2010, 22:29
o snap is there no southen forum users!!!?? am i the only one ? :eek: nooooo

Ants_27_
13th Mar 2010, 22:58
Cool, so the new series of Ashes To Ashes definitely starts on the 23rd? I'll watch it although I really do prefer Life On Mars (sorry Keeley fans!).

I wouldn't quote me 100% but that's what the BBC first said so I suppose it will probably be true?

I loved life on mars but they said that ashes series 3 will answer the questions left over from life... And what happened to Mr. John Simm(Sam Tyler):eek:

@Danielsun - can you blame us, us northerners are just so awesome that we wish to share it with the online communities! I joke, of course!:D

Danielsun_
13th Mar 2010, 23:52
lol without you ants it wouldnt be a fun community :D

you rock dude :D

lilhanhan
13th Mar 2010, 23:57
I wouldn't quote me 100% but that's what the BBC first said so I suppose it will probably be true?

I loved life on mars but they said that ashes series 3 will answer the questions left over from life... And what happened to Mr. John Simm(Sam Tyler):eek:

We'll just have to check our tele mags next week to see if it's true. :)

But to be honest I really liked the ambiguous ending to Life On Mars. I'd rather assume what happened to Sam Tyler after the events of Life On Mars myself, rather than to be told by someone else... I don't know, maybe it's just me who thinks that way. ^.^;

(Hopefully we won't get in too much trouble for going totally off-topic; because now it seems that we've seriously forgot what this thread was originally about! :o).

Ants_27_
14th Mar 2010, 09:32
lol without you ants it wouldnt be a fun community :D

you rock dude :D

I thank you!:lol:

@lilhanhan - well we are still technically on topic cause we're still talking about Keeley who we hope(the point of the thread) will continue her role as Lara. All we are doing is making conversation which still involves Keeley?!:D

Haha, I hope that makes sense!

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 09:45
the best thing about these forums with eidos is that there are no douche bag moderators continuosly going get back on topic, get back on topic, like some other forums i know *cough* EA*cough*

but keeley should be the voice actor for lara croft forever and always now! she rocks as it articulate and sexy ;-)

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 11:48
Hello everybody !

I'm french, then I don't know the english voice of Lara, I just know that she's been changed until the very first game. But, us, in France, we're lucky, because Françoise Cadol, which is one of the greatest voice actress (she has a very particular voice), was the voice of Lara in all the TR games, from TR1 to TRU, and she's just so great... Could you bring me a video of TR with actual Lara's english voice ?

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 12:37
there we go

here is a cutscene from TRunderworld with our beloved Keeley :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oor_3fxgh8E

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 12:46
Well, the english voice is pretty good too, but I prefer the french version (maybe because I always heard Lara with Françoise Cadol's voice), here is the same video in french : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCmTtwQd1M&feature=related. And is Keeley Hawes' voice different of the first one (I think it's Judith Gibbins) ?

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 13:28
ooo cheers for the link, i do prefer keeley imo she has that softer charm i like

Keeley has voice TRL, TRA and TRU the games before that had a different voice actor each time, im hoping they keep Alison Carrol as the motion capture/model because they usually change the model each game aswell :(

lilhanhan
14th Mar 2010, 13:49
Wow, Lara sounds pretty bad-ass in French! ♥

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 14:03
ooo cheers for the link, i do prefer keeley imo she has that softer charm i like

Keeley has voice TRL, TRA and TRU the games before that had a different voice actor each time, im hoping they keep Alison Carrol as the motion capture/model because they usually change the model each game aswell :(

A different voice actor each time ? Wow:eek:... We're very lucky that Françoise Cadol stayed in each game...

@lilhanhan : I don't know what bad-ass mean, can you give me another adjective :D

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 14:05
yeah it sucked because we could never really connect with the character as she never had the same voice only the past 3 games she has had the same voice so we can connect im hopinh keeley stays on for a long time :)

lilhanhan
14th Mar 2010, 14:13
A different voice actor each time ? Wow:eek:... We're very lucky that Françoise Cadol stayed in each game...

@lilhanhan : I don't know what bad-ass mean, can you give me another adjective :D

Well not for each time, but we have had our fair share of voice actresses (we've had four so far)...

TR1- Shelley Blond
TR2/TR3- Judith Gibbins
TR4/TR5/TR6- Jonell Elliott
TRL/TRA/TRU-Keeley Hawes

So you're very lucky with keeping the same voice actress!

Oh, and "bad-ass" means when your acting cool and tough. :)

NicoCroft
14th Mar 2010, 14:20
Ok, then it means that you like the french voice, I didn't understand that point ^^.

But, 4 different voices !! I do understand that you could'nt identify yourself to the character of Lara... On the opposite, in France, the voice of Lara is an integrant part of the series, she's been the same for all the games, even for the movies, so it's really important that she stays game after game.

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 14:27
well you're lucky then we can only hope that we get keeley hawes, it is never cemented whether we get to keep the same voice actor lol

if they make keeley the future actress i will be very happy :)

Max 28
15th Mar 2010, 09:00
Well, the english voice is pretty good too, but I prefer the french version (maybe because I always heard Lara with Françoise Cadol's voice), here is the same video in french : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxCmTtwQd1M&feature=related. And is Keeley Hawes' voice different of the first one (I think it's Judith Gibbins) ?

Haha that sounds awesome in French! :D I think we're missing out guys. She must have a large reputation in France for voicing Lara then. She was in the height of TR as well, and has always been Lara. That would make the voice very identified. :cool:

Ants_27_
15th Mar 2010, 11:56
Sorry but Keeley for the win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7JqJ6AORJo&feature=PlayList&p=2E4BE24264352FF1&index=7

So France have the same voice actress eh? Me wants!:lol:

Danielsun_
15th Mar 2010, 12:52
i do prefer life on mars but when is ashes to ashes on nowadays?

keeley is hot, i would ;)

Ants_27_
15th Mar 2010, 12:57
i do prefer life on mars but when is ashes to ashes on nowadays?

keeley is hot, i would ;)

Well I think I love 'em both to be fair but Ashes starts its final series sometme around 23rd march...:D

Life and Ashes are the only box-sets I buy when they are first released!:cool:

Danielsun_
15th Mar 2010, 13:02
awesome i shall definatly look out for it then :)

wonder what keeley is gonna do after ashes is finished

more TR i hope

MOOAR

tombraidergal
15th Mar 2010, 15:18
have you heard the german lara on underworld ha ha? i always mess with the languages. i have listened to french, spanish italian most of em ha ha. :P

Ants_27_
15th Mar 2010, 15:35
have you heard the german lara on underworld ha ha? i always mess with the languages. i have listened to french, spanish italian most of em ha ha. :P

I messed with a few one that I do remember was Dutch... it was actually quite funny to say the least in a very sad way!:lol:

nikkinickels
15th Mar 2010, 17:53
i hope it stays at keeley x_x i'm kinda tired of the voices changing, and i like keeley's voice :X

DamianGraham
15th Mar 2010, 23:45
:lol: Or what about: "Darn tootin' I'm gonna fire this here gun at you!"

The funny thing is, :lol:, nobody talks like that in Texas.

Haha youre so right, i mean i say yall like every other word, but no one really talks like that unless theyre ranchers...

Flintmelody
17th Mar 2010, 02:18
I think Keely is great on Ashes to ashes. I am still a tiny bit unconvinced to her as a permant vioce for Lara though. For me there was more sharpness to the earlier voices for Lara. I think maybe that Judith or Jonell got across Lara's emotion, wit and rage better than Keely. Lara's angry side didn't seem convincing with Keely doing the voice.

I wouldn't be unhappy though if Keely was doing the voice for the next game though. I think she will be.

nikkinickels
17th Mar 2010, 03:10
I think Keely is great on Ashes to ashes. I am still a tiny bit unconvinced to her as a permant vioce for Lara though. For me there was more sharpness to the earlier voices for Lara. I think maybe that Judith or Jonell got across Lara's emotion, wit and rage better than Keely. Lara's angry side didn't seem convincing with Keely doing the voice.

I wouldn't be unhappy though if Keely was doing the voice for the next game though. I think she will be.

yeah, i see what you mean, i wouldn't care if any of them did it, but 1. i'd rather have one lara for now x_x 2. i hope they won't get someone ELSE completely new for lara or i'd die D:

Ants_27_
17th Mar 2010, 19:41
On the subject of Keeley and branching back to the Ashes subject, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F36UMo4i_bI

Mainly gene but who cares its still ashes series 3 preview... with keeley to which makes it even cooler...:D

dark7angel
17th Mar 2010, 21:53
Acording to this article - http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/17/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-preview/ - Keeley is going to be the voice actress for LCGoL!!! :D

Ants_27_
17th Mar 2010, 22:11
At first I thought you were seeing thing, no offence... then I realised I could scroll down:lol:

And yay for keeley!:cool:

nikkinickels
17th Mar 2010, 22:57
yaaay :D one thing that sucks for us US people, it's hard to watch find episodes of Ashes to Ashes, been watching some from first season, it's brilliant. :]

Danielsun_
17th Mar 2010, 23:31
i love life on mars i didnt get to watch much of ashes to ashes only the first series and a bit of the second but missed most of it i hope i can watch the 3rd series,

gene hunt is one of the most awesome characters EVAR!! :D

nikkinickels
18th Mar 2010, 03:21
i love life on mars i didnt get to watch much of ashes to ashes only the first series and a bit of the second but missed most of it i hope i can watch the 3rd series,

gene hunt is one of the most awesome characters EVAR!! :D

he is, i love how aggressive he is :P

Max 28
18th Mar 2010, 05:16
Good to hear Keeley's still on board. :)

NightRain'06
19th Mar 2010, 06:53
acording to this article - http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/17/lara-croft-and-the-guardian-of-light-preview/ - keeley is going to be the voice actress for lcgol!!! :d

I knew it..... or, you know, had an inkling. :D

Raider126
20th Mar 2010, 19:03
I'm really glad Keeley is doing the voice, she's brilliant!

By the way, Ashes to Ashes series three starts on Good Friday (2nd April)

Danielsun_
21st Mar 2010, 11:11
ahah thank you dude :D

Ants_27_
21st Mar 2010, 22:46
And the trailers full of epic goodness!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QElmmrc_iP0

Danielsun_
21st Mar 2010, 22:58
truth will out!!!

wait is that something from the bible?

lilhanhan
21st Mar 2010, 23:19

Any trailer using "The Final Countdown" by Europe is awesome in my books (I know it's an overused song, but hey everyone sings along to it)! :D

Pulse
22nd Mar 2010, 02:34
6 Hours? Keeley? 15$...

Awesome. That article made my day :)

Rexie
22nd Mar 2010, 12:20

Why does she remind me so much of Dr. Brennan?

Ray39
13th Apr 2010, 02:37
I hope they don't change her voice she's had about four already. Keeley Hawes is the best :D

Max 28
14th Apr 2010, 06:34
It has been confirmed that Keeley will voice Lara again for this game. :)

Ants_27_
16th Apr 2010, 13:40
It has been confirmed that Keeley will voice Lara again for this game. :)

So its all good!:cool:

tombraidergal
1st May 2010, 14:49
good good good. so glad she's voicing lara croft again. :) i hope she stays with us for a little while longer. and whoa i haven't been on this discussion for a while and my thread has loads of comments. :D

Ants_27_
1st May 2010, 15:46
I admit I loved Keeley before she strated voicing Lara but am I the only one that feels somewhat let down by her voicing Lara now? Not let down by Keeley!

This comes after last nights ashes to ashes.

I love Keeley and its not her fault (she's awesome) but the writers fault... Lara never gets to be involved in banter between characters.:(

I still want her to stay and am gald that she is!:cool:

_Love2Raid_
1st May 2010, 21:43
I think she is great but she somehow needs to put more 'attitude' in her voice, which she does really great in some cutscenes (Andaman Sea, Croft Manor). And yeah, the script could have been better but it wasn't bad at all, the dialogue in TRU was really good. I loved the parts between Lara and Natla, like:

Lara: "Jaqueline Natla, you just don't know when to die!"
Natla: "It's a trait we have in common."

qwerty
1st May 2010, 22:52
I think she is great but she somehow needs to put more 'attitude' in her voice, which she does really great in some cutscenes (Andaman Sea, Croft Manor). And yeah, the script could have been better but it wasn't bad at all, the dialogue in TRU was really good. I loved the parts between Lara and Natla, like:

Lara: "Jaqueline Natla, you just don't know when to die!"
Natla: "It's a trait we have in common."

both of ur examples u mentioned are so cliche imo..keely is top however.on the othr handthe script in tru sucked.the script in trl was great

Pulse
2nd May 2010, 08:30
both of ur examples u mentioned are so cliche imo..keely is top however.on the othr handthe script in tru sucked.the script in trl was great

I wouldn't say it sucked. It just lacked...

Legend was full of cliches but I liked it more than Underworld.

Ants_27_
2nd May 2010, 09:25
I suppose my meaning is that the banter between Gene Hunt and Alex Drake is awesome cause both he and she pull it off brilliantly.

I think they need someone there pretty much most of the time that this could happen... like zip for example... he isn't funny but exchange that for witty banter and throw it back and forth between the two.:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZfLeKBedtA

tombraidergal
2nd May 2010, 09:29
eh, i think she's fine but yeah, the script could be improved. lara needs a lot more attitude, though the last cut scene in tomb raider legend was just amazing!

Max 28
2nd May 2010, 11:08
The script lately has given Lara sarcastic attitude but it's normally quite light and funny. She use to also use it in a more kick butt kinda way. So that's been lacking lately.