PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all the hate to CD and the new game?

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 21:54
i keep up to date as best as i can with news about TR and LC so i was watching the lara croft (official the one that Keir operates) facebook site

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/laracroft?ref=ts

and at first some people were like ooo not sure, others were like yaaay new game

but now all i see is people going 'CD suck bring back Core' this is a TR game blah blah *insert ignorant post here*

seriously does anyone feel a need to punch these people in the face and say shut up, you dont know what you're talking about now let me teach you

i love CD for continuing the franchise heck if it wasn't for that then TR would probably of died with AOD

if Keir does read this i have to ask, how do you put up with those people? keep flamming CD and wanting Core back when they have no idea what they are talking about

does anyone feel the same way i do?

dark7angel
5th Mar 2010, 22:08
I feel exactly the same way you do!

People sart complaining about everything even when there's nothing to complain about!!! It is sad, really...

I like to keep a positive mind and just wait for more news!!!

Can't wait for next week!!! :D

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:10
same here next week is gonna be great i reckon! :D

and im glad to see that someone else feels the same as i do :)

chriss_99
5th Mar 2010, 22:17
I'm with you lads! :):thumb:

needmorepillows
5th Mar 2010, 22:19
i keep up to date as best as i can with news about TR and LC so i was watching the lara croft (official the one that Keir operates) facebook site

http://www.facebook.com/reqs.php#!/laracroft?ref=ts

and at first some people were like ooo not sure, others were like yaaay new game

but now all i see is people going 'CD suck bring back Core' this is a TR game blah blah *insert ignorant post here*

seriously does anyone feel a need to punch these people in the face and say shut up, you dont know what you're talking about now let me teach you

i love CD for continuing the franchise heck if it wasn't for that then TR would probably of died with AOD

if Keir does read this i have to ask, how do you put up with those people? keep flamming CD and wanting Core back when they have no idea what they are talking about

does anyone feel the same way i do?

Not sure about the face punching part XD But I do agree with a lot of this.

I'm pretty glad that Lara's continuing in some way.

Originally I was disappointed because for a moment I thought they were going to do a complete turn around with the camera angles and graphics, but then I finally did a little more reading and realised that there is a second project that is going to be an actual TR with the "whole close-up 3rd person jumping and flipping around pew pew pew GRENAAAADE RUUUN" sort of thing to go on with the TR series.

Overall I'm glad because:
(1) We WILL get another TR addition.
(2) We get something extra as well, in this case GoL. I just hope it is available for every console/platform =)

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:21
Not sure about the face punching part XD But I do agree with a lot of this.

I'm pretty glad that Lara's continuing in some way.

Originally I was disappointed because for a moment I thought they were going to do a complete turn around with the camera angles and graphics, but then I finally did a little more reading and realised that there is a second project that is going to be an actual TR with the "whole close-up 3rd person jumping and flipping around pew pew pew GRENAAAADE RUUUN" sort of thing to go on with the TR series.

Overall I'm glad because:
(1) We WILL get another TR addition.
(2) We get something extra as well, in this case GoL. I just hope it is available for every console/platform =)

yeah maybe i went a bit far with the face punching bit but i was a bit angry lol

lol i loved that part "GRENAAAADE RUUUN" made me laugh :)

and this side project just shows us the CD still care and want to keep us entertained in the mean time :)

Keir
5th Mar 2010, 22:24
Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I think.... this is something totally new to Tomb Raider fans. It's a big surprise, so initially some people went into a bit of shock and lashed out. But I think as people take a step back and see what Crystal are doing, they'll get excited, especially when we release more info on GoL.

Good times! :D

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:30
hopefully they will :) we love you guys :D

am liking the multiplayer aspect of it, maybe us TR fans can game together ;) i've got a 360 if it comes out on that :D

qwerty
5th Mar 2010, 22:33
this game is gonna suck..i can tell by the screenshots..and heck we are suppposed to have freedom of speech so if i think this game is gonna suck then i will express my opinion freely.in fact u are the one who needs punching because u arent mature enough to accept the fact that opinions differ..and in our case most people(and not necesserily tr fans) didnt like the game

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:38
-.- i say those things because ignorant people base their opinion on very litte at all...

say just screenshots...

my opinion isn't completely made up but i am open minded to see it for what it is and not something else

and you are wrong i am very mature if people wish to express their opinion then go ahead i have no problem with that but alot of people are doing it without just cause, its like they are children...

Edit: and if you read my posts you will see i retracted the statement of the punching...

qwerty
5th Mar 2010, 22:52
-.- i say those things because ignorant people base their opinion on very litte at all...

say just screenshots...

my opinion isn't completely made up but i am open minded to see it for what it is and not something else

and you are wrong i am very mature if people wish to express their opinion then go ahead i have no problem with that but alot of people are doing it without just cause, its like they are children...

Edit: and if you read my posts you will see i retracted the statement of the punching...

i read the first post and then i was too bored/frustrated to read the others..anyways i dont want to start a fight but u should know that i always judge a game from the very first screeshot of it..and u know what?i was always accurate so dont call me ignorant because i dont like it..if i want to play an arcade game then ill probably go for super mario or lego indian jones but not tr.tr used to fill another role for me and this change seems very unfamiliar to me to say the least..and even if this game turns out to be good for an arcade it still wont meet my needs.tr is not an arcade franchise!!

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:58
what would you need to be frustrated about, if it was the actual TR games being turned into this then yeah i would be to, but this isn't a TR game this a side game of an adventure with Lara croft to keep us entertained whilst the main game gets worked on

i dont know why you're saying TR is not an arcade franchise, we all know its not but its not a TR game, and if you don't read the posts previously made then you shouldn't comment

i dont want this to be a fight either but a healthy debate is always good

_Love2Raid_
5th Mar 2010, 23:28
This is what happens when people put their expectations way too high. Some people still don't get that this is something EXTRA, it has nothing to do with the next main game. Finally we get something TR-related and people start complaining again. Mostly out of ignorance if you ask me. Just wait and see, they'll think differently when they finally GET what this game is really about. You would almost think that they have never seen an arcade game before! :o

You don't HAVE to play this, you know. Please be grateful we are getting something. Who knows how long we have to wait till TR9!

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 23:53
indeed i totally agree L2R its great that they are doing this :D

i hope us two have a game on it when it comes out :)

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
6th Mar 2010, 00:05
well, there's definitely no need for violence, but you do have a point DanielSun ;)

i agree with L2R by saying that people put their expectations too high, and they need to settle down a notch.

Flintmelody
6th Mar 2010, 00:18
Underworld was rather overhyped and that was a major part of why so many fans turned against it. People have all been waiting for the next TR to be announced. News of an arcade game is never going to live up to that. I agree with some of what the Core fans said on Facebook. Whilst their motive isn't the nicest I do like the positivity they have for Core

Early signs of that ariel camera and logo aren't the best start. There IS still time for it turn things around though and the game could impress. I will still give it a shot when it comes out. Hope the next info to be released will be better and great.

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 00:32
I don't think very highly of it. I know I don't have to have it, but to me, I would much rather have some news of the main game rather than an arcade game. It just strikes me as a waste of time.

_Love2Raid_
6th Mar 2010, 00:35
I wouldn't have picked that particular screenshot as the first one to be honest.

The others give a much better view of the potential of this game. That Totec guy looks like an enemy on this screenshot. :hmm:

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 00:39
i dont think its a waste of time they have double the amount of people so 1/3 of the people could've worked on this arcade game whilst the rest worked on the main game, maybe they will mention the main game at either the GDC or E3 :D

needmorepillows
6th Mar 2010, 01:37
yeah maybe i went a bit far with the face punching bit but i was a bit angry lol

lol i loved that part "GRENAAAADE RUUUN" made me laugh :)

and this side project just shows us the CD still care and want to keep us entertained in the mean time :)

lol XD I'm quite fresh with all things TR, like I only started playing about halfway through last year when I saw a TR:Legend and TR:Anniversary 2-in-1 deal.

Unfortunately (but still entertaining enough) when I started playing I had a few problems throwing grenades around in TR:Legend - I'd try to give it the whole Hollywood feel by throwing a bunch of them around a corner and pulling back, but I ended up missing and bouncing a bunch off the wall and back to my spot! XD XD Or I'd run AND throw a grenade and then realise I was running into the spot where the grenade landed - lots of fun times. =D

GoL looks pretty cool though - some of the screenshots so far probably don't capture the true essence of the game, but as a starting point you can definitely see some attention to detail in the background, and I'm sure when everything is moving (like IF there's wind and swaying leaves/shrubs, blowing dust, enemies crawling up and down the sides of walls like those orc/goblin things in the first LotR movie in the Mines of Moria etc) it could be quite an exciting experience ^_^ Then mix in some of that awesome TR music!

Still, I have no idea what GoL will be like - but we can at least see the potential of what it COULD be like, as dangerous as our imaginations may be XD

Error96_
6th Mar 2010, 03:30
People seem to be treating this although it's the next TR. I hope CD/Eidos havn't made a mistake releasing this as a stand alone game when fans expectations for any Lara related release are high.
There is no normal raider stuff with it to recover it form those who don't the arcade style.

Pottentially though this risk taking and trying out new stuff could be a big winner but it's a gamble

DamianGraham
6th Mar 2010, 03:37
@Error96 you make an excellent point, fans will have high expectations because it IS Lara Croft, and I myself thought this WAS the next TR game (TR:9) but actually, after reading about it and whatnot, I'm rather relieved it's not. I think that the fact they are releasing this game tells us that TR:9 info may be on the way too, otherwise they wouldn't hype us up like this. Personally, now that i know this is a spinoff i have high hopes, and i'm sure the next "Real" tomb raider game will be EPIC. almost 2 years in the making, and who knows maybe 2 more (hope not) proves how into this next game CD are, and hopefully how serious they are about it as well. I really hope more info trickles out soon (in regards to the next Tomb Raider game)

nikkinickels
6th Mar 2010, 05:14
people are upset at the fact that they're not paying attention to the articles close enough, so they're missing out on that it's not a full game just a ...taste, call it if you will. my theory is that maybe this is going to be a prologue type deal and then lead into the new Tomb Raider game

AssassinX21
6th Mar 2010, 06:33
this game is gonna suck..i can tell by the screenshots..and heck we are suppposed to have freedom of speech so if i think this game is gonna suck then i will express my opinion freely.in fact u are the one who needs punching because u arent mature enough to accept the fact that opinions differ..and in our case most people(and not necesserily tr fans) didnt like the game;) the game looks easy peasy just from looking at that horrible camera. rpg camera+guns=broken
I hate to break everyones heart here, but this looks like it's going to be a disaster, I mean just look at it, this is Lara Croft not Sacred, not FF etc. Without the TR name or not it is Lara Croft, we don't want a turn based rpg look alike with a free roaming camera with her in it.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 10:16
its not a turned based RPG though so nothing to fear there :)

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 10:50
Well I don't hate this new game nor do I love it or feel excited for it. Not because I think it might be crap because I don't but I just hope to god they release some form of demo closer to the release.

As for the whole CD VS core I'm not one f that because if core were so great then they would still be a company and not have gone bust/defunct.:rolleyes:

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 12:27
i just looked at the facebook profile and screenshots and i have to say this game looks really good... even if it does seem a bit animeish but i look forward to playing it! (if i can download it.... probs not free)...

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 12:38
I expect that there will be a demo to play i usually dont buy digital stuff without a demo, toy soldiers is good fun :) so hopefully this will have a demo and also be good fun :D

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:28
yeah ha ha. i downloaded tr underworld demo to see what it was like. and i also downloaded xblades demo... rubbish. can't believe i did, coz now i can't use cheats on tomb raider underworld. >.<

a_big_house
6th Mar 2010, 13:29
i bet that when it is avaliable to play, everyone will love it!

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:33
yes probably... and all the haters can go away, because all they ever do is complain about crystal Tomb raider's being rubbish, and if they think that so much, then they should ditch the games and stop complaining, play the old ones instead.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 13:37
damn right they should! no one wants to listen to all the babies crying about how crystal isn't what they like, no one cares when all they say is 'ooo core is better blah blah blah'

bring on summer! :D

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:40
Whooo!!!!!

Falkenwut
6th Mar 2010, 14:14
I'm with you guys here.. When I heard the new TR game I said to myself..
"ha........ interesting" But I'm totally looking forward... leaving creativity to flourish for the Re-re-reboot.. so I'll probably enjoy it anyways - Long time TR fan =3

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 14:35
good to hear another supporter :D

glad you look forward to it i know i am! :D

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 14:56
damn right they should! no one wants to listen to all the babies crying about how crystal isn't what they like, no one cares when all they say is 'ooo core is better blah blah blah'

bring on summer! :D

I think I with you because I never liked core as a company nor as developers. Now CD aren't on my list of developers but I feel they are certainly better that that company that called themselves core.:D

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 15:30
lol you are certainly the first person i have come across to say something like that xD

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 15:35
lol you are certainly the first person i have come across to say something like that xD

I just have to be different!:lol:

Nah, but I'm not going to lie even though they were the creators of the TR series. I don't mean it to sound bad but I only have about two developers that I class as good...:lol:

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 16:12
ooo and who be they?

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 16:46
Okay, what the hell, Eidos?!

If it isn't an Tomb Raider game, so why do you put Lara Croft in there? I know LC is your money cow, but I find this solution more simple:

A man in his late 20's get's kicked out of an bar in the middle of Cairo. With no money left, he wanders around Egypt, figuring out a way to make money. Eventually, he stubles into a tomb, and meets a God-like figure who could help him. Eventually, turns out he is the son of Lucas Shepherd. An former Archeologist who died in a terrible accident. The man later realizes, that his destiny is to finish what his father started.

See? Is that simple. You don't need the name 'Lara Croft' to make money. Doing this, is like making a film called "Norman Bates - McDonalds." and make Norman own every Mcdonalds in the world with his mother. I love Norman, but the idea will sink lower than Titanic.

[/rant]

You either make a TR game, or you make another game.

I have my reasons for hatin'

And Ants, I'm goin' to send bulls on you.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 17:14
:o she is outta control everyone abandon ship!!

chillax rexie this is something awesome you could like it :D

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 17:20
:o she is outta control everyone abandon ship!!

chillax rexie this is something awesome you could like it :D

Looking back at my post, I do realize that I do act like a primadonna! xD

That's what headaches and lack of sleep does to one. Should go see a doctor about that.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 17:25
lol, try getting some sleep that will cure you :p

John Carter
6th Mar 2010, 19:00
Thank goodness this has real Lara and not some teeny-bopper "origins" waif!

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 19:15
damn right im not very keen on the origins stuff!

Ants_27_
6th Mar 2010, 20:04

:p

I didn't mean for it to sound like like I hate Core (that stupid play area made me angry). I just never really classed them as gods gift type of developers.

I think theres only one that I've seen different yet unique games from.

Basically I hate neither CD nor Core but they just arn't on my list of favourite developers.:D

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:17
You people make it sound like it is against the law to criticize CD. Now, I don't love either dev team, but I do like the games and I criticize to make my opinion heard. Which is why there are forums in the first place. If people want to "whine" as some of you put it, then who are you all to say go away? How are your opinions better than their's? Just because all of you have love for CD, doesn't mean the rest of us have to as well.

DamianGraham
8th Mar 2010, 02:26
You either make a TR game, or you make another game.

I have my reasons for hatin'

Rexie i think they are making this to keep our appetites satisfied for a little while till they release what i feel will be the most epic TR ever ;) methinks theyre gonna release some info on TR:9 soon otherwise why hype us like this?