PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light: First Look

oraclebop
5th Mar 2010, 18:26
OMFG So Excited! http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1&mode=previews

:D:D:D:D

tombraidergal
5th Mar 2010, 19:08
ok so it sounds good... but something caught my eye... the characters? the spirits? it all sounds so... animeish... :o but love the idea any whoo. so glad its not an origins thingy.

chriss_99
5th Mar 2010, 20:05
After reading this I must admit that it's definitely worth a try but I wouldn't get to excited about it.

a_big_house
5th Mar 2010, 20:16
It's still the download word that confuses me

tombraidergal
5th Mar 2010, 20:20
yeah download... what about pc players? it had better not be for only console players, i'm a console player myself but it would really be unfair.

nikkinickels
5th Mar 2010, 20:24
maybe download they mean one of those downloadable demo's will come out or some free content x_x or ....idk... gah i just want it to come out and see, i realyl hope they put more effort into this, it makes me sad when i see those "i'm disappointed" comments

pinpal
5th Mar 2010, 20:24
:mad2::mad2: I knew it I just knew it!!!!!. This game is :(:confused: I love Lara and everything but come on Crystal are u guys serious. Just because square enix releases ugly looking turn base games dosn't mean you have to!:confused::confused::confused:. when they said co op i was thinking along the lines of like uncharted 2's co op. Change is ok but they made a zelda looking game:confused:. *writes angry letter to crystal dynamics*.:mad2::mad2:

Jason Miller
5th Mar 2010, 20:32
lol I think that most people are forgetting that this is not a Tomb Raider game, it's a "Lara Croft" downloadable adventure! TR9 is a "Tomb Raider" still in the works!

pinpal
5th Mar 2010, 20:42
lol I think that most people are forgetting that this is not a Tomb Raider game, it's a "Lara Croft" downloadable adventure! TR9 is a "Tomb Raider" still in the works!

Ok I calmed down know:cool: I guess the next tomb raider game will be so awesome that they need to release this mobile phone looking game. They are working on the real tomb raider game right......Right!:confused:. I mean come on the level editor tomb raider games look 100% better than this. I think its mobile download only:scratch:. it has to be:whistle:

Rexie
5th Mar 2010, 21:07
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102107

nikkinickels
5th Mar 2010, 21:25
Ok I calmed down know:cool: I guess the next tomb raider game will be so awesome that they need to release this mobile phone looking game. They are working on the real tomb raider game right......Right!:confused:. I mean come on the level editor tomb raider games look 100% better than this. I think its mobile download only:scratch:. it has to be:whistle:

i highly agree, makes sense too, i think they're just trying to keep us busy before they lose people thinking that the series is done and to see what Crystal is working with for the new game. i wrote to "Lara Croft" on facebook... i laugh when i say that but "Lara" replied to me

http://i47.tinypic.com/2im7yfn.jpg check out what's being said

JRod108
5th Mar 2010, 23:59
This sounds extremely mundane. Like Lego Indiana Jones, but without the lego people.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 00:40
thats good we wont burst into lego blocks every time we die xD

AdobeArtist
6th Mar 2010, 01:48
I saw the pictures and almost boarded my F22 Raptor and set an intercept course for CD HQ. They bastardized the Tomb Raider games, into a Diablo style overhead view game type. I mean what the *bleep*????

And then it was pointed out that this is NOT a Tomb Raider game, but a genre spinoff, much like Halo Wars from the main series. And I can now forgive this. Hell I might even give it a chance.

Oh that, and also realized, I don't have an F22 Raptor :p:nut::o

Randy 54
6th Mar 2010, 03:53
If the game is strictly a download, I guess I'll be sitting this one out, (again).

pinpal
6th Mar 2010, 03:54
If the game is strictly a download, I guess I'll be sitting this one out, (again).

what do you mean again:scratch: you didn't get one of the other TR games?

Randy 54
6th Mar 2010, 03:57
I have X-Box 360 but it's not hooked up for downloading so I didn't play Ashes or Shadow.

pinpal
6th Mar 2010, 04:01
I have X-Box 360 but it's not hooked up for downloading so I didn't play Ashes or Shadow.

Oh ok

NightRain'06
6th Mar 2010, 04:20
Here is the separate forum Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=279) created yesterday I believe. :)

oraclebop
6th Mar 2010, 11:26
I actually just noticed the new section, thanks for that. :D

Jason Miller
6th Mar 2010, 16:00
Calm down people!! Keir has confirmed that this is not the next Tomb Raider game! It's merely DLC to keep us busy during our long and rough wait for TR9. :)

Tombgeek
6th Mar 2010, 16:22
Man, you guys are being typical Tomb Raider fans. Come on, the thing is barely released and you are already prejudging it. It has potential. Look, the series has to experiment with new things. All I care about is that they release a good game. I honestly would not care if it were Lara Croft Karts. If it is a good game, it is a good game. Plus, the style of the game is similar to that of Blizzard (Warcraft, Diablo), not Square Enix.
Plus, it is not a Tomb Raider game, it is a completely new game, staring the main character of the Tomb Raider series: Lara Croft.

_Love2Raid_
6th Mar 2010, 20:48
Man, you guys are being typical Tomb Raider fans. Come on, the thing is barely released and you are already prejudging it. It has potential. Look, the series has to experiment with new things. All I care about is that they release a good game. I honestly would not care if it were Lara Croft Karts. If it is a good game, it is a good game. Plus, the style of the game is similar to that of Blizzard (Warcraft, Diablo), not Square Enix.
Plus, it is not a Tomb Raider game, it is a completely new game, staring the main character of the Tomb Raider series: Lara Croft.
Big *thumbs up* for this post! :)

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 20:49

We have the right to judge it all we want. Really, it's like if CD released Lara Croft: The Musical and everyone going "AH! At least we have something!!" Look, you like it? That's great. Good for you. I, however, am reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

@adobeARTIST: Hey, it's been a while since you been here. How's it going?

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:45
I saw the pictures and almost boarded my F22 Raptor and set an intercept course for CD HQ. They bastardized the Tomb Raider games, into a Diablo style overhead view game type. I mean what the *bleep*????

And then it was pointed out that this is NOT a Tomb Raider game, but a genre spinoff, much like Halo Wars from the main series. And I can now forgive this. Hell I might even give it a chance.

Oh that, and also realized, I don't have an F22 Raptor :p:nut::o

what about a tornado euro fighter? :p

AdobeArtist
7th Mar 2010, 03:41
Heya JROD, nice to hear from ya too. And yeah, aside from a very hectic work schedule I had thse past 2 months, I have also been massively consumed by Mass Effect 2. I went through 3 character play throughs (maybe 155 hrs in total) and am still planning to try out 2 other classes and see if I can experiment with some other plot choices. I'm just blown away by the chapter connection this series has with the game import feature. Seriously, this is not only the best RPG I have ever played, but its my personal Game of the Generation.

But back on topic, I admit, I was just shocked at first by what I initially saw. But before you get the wrong idea, actually I can appreciate a series (generally speaking) branching out across genres, in ones that make sense for their given background. Before Halo Wars I had often discussed how well that series which was based on an intergalactic war, would adapt to the RTS genre. As well as a squad based tactical team shooter, a-la RainbowSix and GRAW.

With Star Wars, FPS, Action Adventure, RTS, and RPGs are all a natural fit. Then you got Warcraft, and see how well that established RTS transitioned to MMO. Metroid also proved that branching across different game styles, from 2D side scrolling, to first person exploration, and soon to 3D free roaming in Other M, as well as being featured in the fighting genre, allows a game series to enjoy longevity while staying fresh.

But when it came to Tomb Raider, I guess to me, the acrobatic platforming and exploration was an integral part of the series, what was at the core of its identity as a game series.

And as pointed out earlier, therin lies the loophole. It's NOT a "Tombh Raider" game, while still remaining a "Lara Croft" game. Like I said, my initial reaction was out of surprised shock from something so unexpected coming right out of nowhere.

Maybe now I'll be able to go through the stages of denial, anger, bargaining and reach acceptance of this new format by the time the game releases, haha :nut::nut:

Funny too I should have this reaction, when I myself had proposed a Lara Croft mansion mini-game of an in-game photomode that let you shoot Lara posing in various mansion locations, in the assortment of outfits you unlocked for her, where you could save these photos to your drive and upload them to an Eidos server space to share with the fan community. An idea inspired by photo modes in games like DOA and Forza (Forza having the online sharing feature).

naraku
7th Mar 2010, 04:26
Yeah it's "Lara Croft, and the Guardian of Light". Looks like an arcade downloadable cell phone game. From the helicopter view, I thought LoK right of the top of my head. Hopefully it's a spin off like, "God of War: chains of Olympus". I must admit though I'm a bit confused with the Downloadable aspect of this. Sounds like a BTA or Lara's Shadow, which begs the ? is this exclusive to any platform or is it multi-platform?

Randy 54
7th Mar 2010, 04:34
Actually, it begs the ?, why DLC again. What's up with this?

AdobeArtist
7th Mar 2010, 04:46
This shouldn't be compared to Lara's Shadow or Beneath the Ashes. DLC is content which is added to a core game to expand it. This is a downloadable game, which is exactly that, a complete game unto itself, seperate and independant from other titles of the same name (or same character).

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 04:47
I don't know about this. I was really hoping for some news about the next game. Not, well, this.... I just honestly don't know what to think about this. I mean, I never fork out money for arcade games. I can better spend that money for used copies of full games. It just strikes me as a waste of time.

@adobeARTIST: Yeah, I was busy for a couple of months as well. I got Dragon Age: Origins and Assassin's Creed 2. Both excellent games, if I may say so myself. Man, I'm jealous. I want Mass Effect. Like I said above, I don't know what to think about this. As you put it, it isn't a TR game, but that just makes me even more confused. People are going to want to know what CD has been up to since the buy out by SE, but I don't know if this is the right way to do this. I want to know what is in store for Tomb Raider. Not necessarily Lara Croft, if that makes sense. I mean, Lara herself is fine. Everybody knows who she is. She has movies, books, comics..... But, I'm not sure people are real sure about the identity of TR. What is that game trying to do? What is it's purpose? I have to admit, that I'm not sure myself.

Randy 54
7th Mar 2010, 04:53
One level or a whole game, it makes no difference. I want to hold that disc in my hands, see the pretty colors it makes, smell the new plastic, watch the tray swallow it up, etc..

naraku
7th Mar 2010, 06:21
I don't know about this. I was really hoping for some news about the next game. Not, well, this.... I just honestly don't know what to think about this. I mean, I never fork out money for arcade games. I can better spend that money for used copies of full games. It just strikes me as a waste of time.

@adobeARTIST: Yeah, I was busy for a couple of months as well. I got Dragon Age: Origins and Assassin's Creed 2. Both excellent games, if I may say so myself. Man, I'm jealous. I want Mass Effect. Like I said above, I don't know what to think about this. As you put it, it isn't a TR game, but that just makes me even more confused. People are going to want to know what CD has been up to since the buy out by SE, but I don't know if this is the right way to do this. I want to know what is in store for Tomb Raider. Not necessarily Lara Croft, if that makes sense. I mean, Lara herself is fine. Everybody knows who she is. She has movies, books, comics..... But, I'm not sure people are real sure about the identity of TR. What is that game trying to do? What is it's purpose? I have to admit, that I'm not sure myself.

I think its purpose is to test the waters a bit. It's a way for CD to test weather this or that direction, is viable for a game involving Lara Croft.

It's smart really, it's like, "Here is this acceptable to everybody?!" *waits for response, if positive* "Ok, next TR outing lets do all of these things in a full blown TR title with all this edgy content from "Lara Croft: and the Guardian of Light". Bam TR9!

Smart, really ingenious. :thumb:

Still wondering how we're all going to download it, specially for those who can't in any way shape or form. :hmm:

Tombgeek
7th Mar 2010, 06:49
We have the right to judge it all we want. Really, it's like if CD released Lara Croft: The Musical and everyone going "AH! At least we have something!!" Look, you like it? That's great. Good for you. I, however, am reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

@adobeARTIST: Hey, it's been a while since you been here. How's it going?

Good for you. If you want to be caught with your foot in your mouth, be my guest. If the game ends up being the most awesome thing ever created, I will be the one to say: "I told you so."

Jason Miller
7th Mar 2010, 13:23
Good for you. If you want to be caught with your foot in your mouth, be my guest. If the game ends up being the most awesome thing ever created, I will be the one to say: "I told you so."

LOL You just crushed J-ROD!!!:D

Randy 54
7th Mar 2010, 14:16

It could also go the other way, leaving you with a mouthful.

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 14:41
this could be a bit of a wierd innuendo with you lot all wanting a mouthful of something....hmmm

Tombgeek
7th Mar 2010, 15:25
It could also go the other way, leaving you with a mouthful.

I did not say the new game will be good, I'm just saying I'm being open-minded. I don't say a game sucks before I have played it. So if it turns out bad, I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I did not say it will be good, but I did not say it will be bad either.

Jason Miller
7th Mar 2010, 16:49
this could be a bit of a wierd innuendo with you lot all wanting a mouthful of something....hmmm

I hope you don't mean anything sexual! LOL :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 17:45

You just put your foot in your mouth, idiot. I never said the game sucked. I said I was reluctant. Why don't you read before you post?

LOL You just crushed J-ROD!!!:D

Don't act like one of those insecure people that latch on to somebody else to make yourself look cool. It's pathetic.

PS: It's JRod. That's it. No -, no caps.

Jason Miller
7th Mar 2010, 18:21
You don't even know me! You think you can judge me by reading my short post? You're wrong, you're the pathetic one.:)

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 18:23
You don't even know me! You think you can judge me by reading my short post? You're wrong, you're the pathetic one.:)

Then perhaps you should refrain from making comments about other people's conversation if you can't handle backlash.

pinpal
7th Mar 2010, 20:05
Then perhaps you should refrain from making comments about other people's conversation if you can't handle backlash.

I really thought about posting a face palm just to get on your nerves:lol::lol::rasp::lmao:. Any way just wanted to say, hey everybody its going to be a good old fashioned forum fight!!!:cool:

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 20:19
I really thought about posting a face palm just to get on your nerves:lol::lol::rasp::lmao:. Any way just wanted to say, hey everybody its going to be a good old fashioned forum fight!!!:cool:

I think not, Jason Miller is, quite frankly, not worth my time. And are you seriously going to post facepalms about someone else's so called "fight" like a child? I thought you above that. :rolleyes:

Danielsun_
7th Mar 2010, 20:20
I hope you don't mean anything sexual! LOL :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i shall leave it open for interpretation, like people are leaving their mouths open for something to fill them with ;)

pinpal
7th Mar 2010, 20:25
I think not, Jason Miller is, quite frankly, not worth my time. And are you seriously going to post facepalms about someone else's so called "fight" like a child? I thought you above that. :rolleyes:

well excuse me:hmm: I wasn't really going to post a facepalm. Feisty aren't ya:p

JRod108
8th Mar 2010, 04:48
well excuse me:hmm: I wasn't really going to post a facepalm. Feisty aren't ya:p

I certainly can be when the need arises, I suppose.

Jason Miller
8th Mar 2010, 13:23

By saying that, you are going against everything this forum is about. If you are unable assimilate that, then I'm afraid you don't deserve to be on these forums.:)

Rexie
8th Mar 2010, 14:02
People, what's with all the evil misery? (http://www.dramabutton.com/)

Jason Miller
8th Mar 2010, 14:23
People, what's with all the evil misery? (http://www.dramabutton.com/)

Lol, wtf is up with that drama button? It won't work!!!:mad2:

Jason Miller
8th Mar 2010, 14:27
You just put your foot in your mouth, idiot. I never said the game sucked. I said I was reluctant. Why don't you read before you post?

Don't act like one of those insecure people that latch on to somebody else to make yourself look cool. It's pathetic.

PS: It's JRod. That's it. No -, no caps.

Ooops, I almost forgot:

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/polar-bear-face-palm.jpg

Tombgeek
8th Mar 2010, 14:42

Hey, you attacked me! I was referring to Pinpal's opinion of the game, and you came along and said you are, and I quote: "reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever."
In other words, you are basically telling us that you can b*tch about the game with you want, but suddenly I should shut up. So unless I misread or misunderstood, you are being a hypocrite.

JRod108
8th Mar 2010, 22:02
By saying that, you are going against everything this forum is about. If you are unable assimilate that, then I'm afraid you don't deserve to be on these forums.:)

You have just cemented my opinion about you. You are one of the most arrogant and insulting people I have ever met. You think you can hide your insults with emoticons and expect no one to say anything to you? Well, I'm not going to put up with your crap. I've seen your posts, you love to belittle people and say that others don't deserve to post their opinions and now you say I don't deserve to be here. I'd tell you where you could stick your "assimilations", but I have a feeling that would be against the ToU. You also get satisfaction from others' embarrassment and/or humiliation. Do you think I am being unfair? Well, perhaps you should take a good long look at your own posts and see for yourself.

@ Tombgeek

You did misread and/or misunderstand. I said you had no right to judge others just because they don't agree with you about GoL being the best thing ever. *****ing? Ha! I wasn't even doing that. Do you know what reluctant means? It means that I am hesitant to jump on the bandwagon. It means that I am on the fence. In a nutshell it means that I am not altogether sure about what to make about this. It also means that I am not *****ing or doing any sort of complaining about it. It means that I will withhold all judgement until the final product is released. So, if you end up buying it, and it sucks, which I have not said it will, then I will have been the one to say I told you to wait. So, who is being the hypocrite here?

Attacking you? I said that if you thought the game was good than that is good for you. But your post about "Typical TR fans" is a judgement. You are the one attacking us for not immediately jumping up and down and begging for CD to give us GoL.

pinpal
9th Mar 2010, 01:09
Ooops, I almost forgot:

http://gadgetsteria.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/polar-bear-face-palm.jpg
:lol::lol::lmao: Oh my goodness that was hilarious!!!! good one Jason:lmao::wave:

Hey, you attacked me! I was referring to Pinpal's opinion of the game, and you came along and said you are, and I quote: "reluctant to bite and I see nothing wrong with that whatsoever."
In other words, you are basically telling us that you can b*tch about the game with you want, but suddenly I should shut up. So unless I misread or misunderstood, you are being a hypocrite.

Thats JROD for you:hmm: sooner or later you will get like me and ignore the fact the JROD is just sometimes very rude in posting replies:whistle:. Doesn't worry me to much because i'm not here to argue i'm here for Lara Croft who's next game doesn't look so good:( i'm really suprised because I never say that about a tomb raider game, I mean Angel of Darkness to me was bad but I still play it alot but this Gaurdian of Light thing looks like the type of genre in games that I have been avoiding all these years. TR9 better not be like Gaurdian of Light:confused::(:mad2::mad2:.

_Love2Raid_
9th Mar 2010, 02:03
TR-9 (?) won't be like The Guardian of Light, because it has nothing to do with it besides the fact that the main characters are named Lara Croft. So don't worry about that. The Guardian of Light is an extra game in a different style.

I will try to explain by using the example of Batman. Batman: Arkham Asylum is bloody awesome with everything you would expect from a current-gen game. There are more Batman games however, like LEGO Batman. LEGO Batman is totally different, yet equally awesome. :D
(It's not exactly the same with GOL, but I couldn't think of a better example atm.)

I'm pretty excited about this. That doesn't mean I'm a mindless follower in a herd. I see the cool traps (like the one with the ropes and boulders), the great potential of the co-operative gameplay which requires thought and skill and adds replay value, the complicated level-design and so on. The things that turn people off, like the 'bad' graphics (which are actually damn good for this type of game) and the fixed semi-top down view, are like that because that's what works best with the game. So the camera isn't fixed on her but? That probably wouldn't work at all with this environment and the multiplayer. The game looks less shiny than TRU. Surprise, it's an arcade game! You can't expect it to look much better than that. Besides, it's not even finished yet. :o

Please keep an open mind about it until you see more. If you still don't like it, don't play it. The game doesn't owe you anything.

pinpal
9th Mar 2010, 04:57
TR-9 (?) won't be like The Guardian of Light, because it has nothing to do with it besides the fact that the main characters are named Lara Croft. So don't worry about that. The Guardian of Light is an extra game in a different style.

I will try to explain by using the example of Batman. Batman: Arkham Asylum is bloody awesome with everything you would expect from a current-gen game. There are more Batman games however, like LEGO Batman. LEGO Batman is totally different, yet equally awesome. :D
(It's not exactly the same with GOL, but I couldn't think of a better example atm.)

I'm pretty excited about this. That doesn't mean I'm a mindless follower in a herd. I see the cool traps (like the one with the ropes and boulders), the great potential of the co-operative gameplay which requires thought and skill and adds replay value, the complicated level-design and so on. The things that turn people off, like the 'bad' graphics (which are actually damn good for this type of game) and the fixed semi-top down view, are like that because that's what works best with the game. So the camera isn't fixed on her but? That probably wouldn't work at all with this environment and the multiplayer. The game looks less shiny than TRU. Surprise, it's an arcade game! You can't expect it to look much better than that. Besides, it's not even finished yet. :o

Please keep an open mind about it until you see more. If you still don't like it, don't play it. The game doesn't owe you anything.

I guess your right. I will download the game who knows, it could be great!!;):thumb: Hey its Lara Croft, that counts for something right:).

Jason Miller
9th Mar 2010, 14:04
You have just cemented my opinion about you. You are one of the most arrogant and insulting people I have ever met.

To be honest, I really don't care about your opinion! LOLZ :rasp:
P.S. I didn't read the rest of your post because of how incredibly boring and lame it sounded! :)
BTW, NICE GRAMMAR!!

Danielsun_
9th Mar 2010, 14:10
... feel the love on the forums :(

Jason Miller
9th Mar 2010, 14:29
... feel the love on the forums :(

Sorry Daniel, but with J-Rod (What a bizarre username!) still on these forums, there will never be any love! :(

IvanaKC
9th Mar 2010, 16:28
Oh, guys have you seen new screenshots? What do you think about that new look?

Jason Miller
10th Mar 2010, 03:38
Oh, guys have you seen new screenshots? What do you think about that new look?

Where have you been? It's a bit old lol. Anyways, I'm not going to have any solid opinions about the game until I see it in action.

pinpal
10th Mar 2010, 04:15
Where have you been? It's a bit old lol. Anyways, I'm not going to have any solid opinions about the game until I see it in action.

yeah thats when I will judge the game too.:thumb: But i'm also eager to know more about the second project there working on.

Jason Miller
10th Mar 2010, 13:17
yeah thats when I will judge the game too.:thumb: But i'm also eager to know more about the second project there working on.

So am I!By the way,making a downloadable game in addition to the main game is great news!
It means that they have enough time, money, and effort to make this "project"!:D

LC is Me
11th Mar 2010, 00:39
One word:

UGH.

It's not...bad...but...I don't know.
It frustrates me that I can't find words.

I'll wait to see more before forming an opinion.

BlackThor
12th Mar 2010, 00:06
i hope this is just a makeshift game to hold us over until the big name title comes out. i mean it looks fun and i like how they're testing the multiplayer waters, but this game just doesn't look too challenging or memorable. plus i like my games with the holywood movie story lines :p

jayjay119
12th Mar 2010, 00:18
Really guys, there is a lot of hostility in here, now I'm not a mod or anything but 2 pages of personal remarks is a bit much isn't it? Can we leave the personal jibes outside of the forum and discuss the matter at hand please it makes it uncomfortable for everyone.:)

JRod108
12th Mar 2010, 01:23
Sorry Daniel, but with J-Rod (What a bizarre username!) still on these forums, there will never be any love! :(

:lol: Oh, man, I can't believe how you guys waited until I was busy for a few days and then ganged up on me. :lol: It's like neither of you could handle an argument by yourselves so you held hands with each other for moral support. :lol: As for me being here and there not being any love, sorry Jason Miller (is that your real name? Because if it is, then your username is far worse than mine :rolleyes:) but I've never seen anything but contempt from you. I'm usually only rude, yes, I know full well I am being rude, with you and pinpal, because quite frankly, I don't like either of you, so if you think I'm going to give you any love when you piss me off, then you both must be socially retarded. Ah, and points for you Jason Miller, for mocking me for being educated, it was so witty of you. :rolleyes: We all know you read my post.

pinpal
12th Mar 2010, 02:04
:lol: Oh, man, I can't believe how you guys waited until I was busy for a few days and then ganged up on me. :lol: It's like neither of you could handle an argument by yourselves so you held hands with each other for moral support. :lol: As for me being here and there not being any love, sorry Jason Miller (is that your real name? Because if it is, then your username is far worse than mine :rolleyes:) but I've never seen anything but contempt from you. I'm usually only rude, yes, I know full well I am being rude, with you and pinpal, because quite frankly, I don't like either of you, so if you think I'm going to give you any love when you piss me off, then you both must be socially retarded. Ah, and points for you Jason Miller, for mocking me for being educated, it was so witty of you. :rolleyes: We all know you read my post.

??? Can you please discuss tomb raider like everyone else. I had no idea that you were busy and really didn't care. These forums were so peaceful until you came back anyway with your insults. I'm not retarded, I don't give a *BLEEP* if you don't like me, I would like it if you would just drop this mindless bad stupid attitude of yours and just discuss tomb raider like everyone else!!!!!!.:mad2::mad2: Thank you very much!:wave::mad2:

Jason Miller
12th Mar 2010, 08:04

Good Job! You're finally able to stand up for yourself after you were crying like a little girl just yesterday! J-Rod:1 Jason: 10 pinpal:10. btw, even though I couldn't help but reply at this post, I really thought that this thread was returning to it's original subject. And like pinpal said, you really didn't have to restart the argument.:) ( To summarize my post, I honestly think you aren't well-educated!):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

IvanaKC
12th Mar 2010, 14:04
So am I!By the way,making a downloadable game in addition to the main game is great news!
It means that they have enough time, money, and effort to make this "project"!:D

Wait, now I don't understand...there will be an official game that is not downloadable? And this will be addition? Or did I get you wrong...

dark7angel
12th Mar 2010, 14:20
Wait, now I don't understand...there will be an official game that is not downloadable? And this will be addition? Or did I get you wrong...

I think he means we are going to have this downloadable game (LCGoL) and later we'll have TR9 that hasn't really been announced but we know CD is working on it! :p

IvanaKC
12th Mar 2010, 17:36
I think he means we are going to have this downloadable game (LCGoL) and later we'll have TR9 that hasn't really been announced but we know CD is working on it! :p

Oh, that! Well, I hope so, I prey for that miracle! :D

Jason Miller
12th Mar 2010, 19:53
Oh, that! Well, I hope so, I prey for that miracle! :D

Don't worry, Keir confirmed it!:D

LC is Me
12th Mar 2010, 21:58
Really guys, there is a lot of hostility in here, now I'm not a mod or anything but 2 pages of personal remarks is a bit much isn't it? Can we leave the personal jibes outside of the forum and discuss the matter at hand please it makes it uncomfortable for everyone.:)

I think at this point in time, this message is best communicated by whining and attacking a straw man...

...........................Shall I take care of that...?
:scratch:

BlackThor
13th Mar 2010, 14:23

where was that confirmed?

IvanaKC
13th Mar 2010, 14:46

Really?! where where?! :lmao: *gets a heart attack*

a_big_house
13th Mar 2010, 15:33
It wasnt confirmed as tr9 but it's just obvious with the fact that he wouldn't say what it was but mentioned it on a tr forum

brianthedog
14th Mar 2010, 16:55
It has to be one of those mini games on PSN that you pay $5... It has to be...

SonicDeeHedgehog
16th Mar 2010, 23:10
I am so sick of all the *****ing that happens any time a new TR game comes out.

I was reading comments about this game some place else and some idiot was complaining about how all the new Tomb Raider games have sucked because they're too short and too easy. Uhh....I can complete Uncharted 2 in one sitting without any difficulty and that game got perfect scores.

Get over it that Guardian of Light is a different kind of game. It's a DOWNLOADABLE game for less than $20! It's NOT a regular Tomb Raider game! If you don't like this type of game, don't buy it! But at least it's SOMETHING! They didn't HAVE to make it! This game is for people who love Lara, like these types of games, and for people who don't have bugs up their asses.

:wave:

SonicDeeHedgehog
16th Mar 2010, 23:31
One level or a whole game, it makes no difference. I want to hold that disc in my hands, see the pretty colors it makes, smell the new plastic, watch the tray swallow it up, etc..

Well then you're missing out on a ton of really awesome games that can only be downloaded

d1n0_xD
17th Mar 2010, 07:18

I was reading comments about this game some place else and some idiot was complaining about how all the new Tomb Raider games have sucked because they're too short and too easy. Uhh....I can complete Uncharted 2 in one sitting without any difficulty and that game got perfect scores.

Get over it that Guardian of Light is a different kind of game. It's a DOWNLOADABLE game for less than $20! It's NOT a regular Tomb Raider game! If you don't like this type of game, don't buy it! But at least it's SOMETHING! They didn't HAVE to make it! This game is for people who love Lara, like these types of games, and for people who don't have bugs up their asses.

Haha :thumb: And The GoL isn't the only game, there's still gonna be TR9 ;)

pinpal
17th Mar 2010, 15:08

Yeah!!! thats what I like to see a fan who doesn't say crap like "Lara is dead" like that pathetic thread I stumble upon on here a few days ago, I mean why would a TR fan post something like that?:scratch:.

d1n0_xD
17th Mar 2010, 18:55
Yeah!!! thats what I like to see a fan who doesn't say crap like "Lara is dead" like that pathetic thread I stumble upon on here a few days ago, I mean why would a TR fan post something like that?:scratch:.

That's the spirit :D If you're a fan, you're gonna have high hopes for every game and for every aspect of the Tomb Raider series and Lara Croft :)

Randy 54
18th Mar 2010, 04:25
Well then you're missing out on a ton of really awesome games that can only be downloaded

I would hardly qualify a DLC as a game. I would need hours and hours of knee slapping fun to make it worth my time.

IvanaKC
18th Mar 2010, 08:08

Who said that Lara is dead?!? We are expecting a new game, not a disease. TR is not failure yet.

Jason Miller
18th Mar 2010, 13:41
Who said that Lara is dead?!? We are expecting a new game, not a disease. TR is not failure yet.

YET????!!! :eek::eek::eek: LoL!

pinpal
18th Mar 2010, 17:29

Check this out
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=102507
Sad how people can think that. Even if the new game isn't really what I was expecting I wouldn't say that Lara Croft is dead. She just had a street named after her for goodness sake.:)

rain122793
21st Mar 2010, 04:02
okay wow just me but it looks cheesy and not like what i want to see from tomb raider but i'm not going to give it a try of course it's tomb raider

MrLinoshiCroft
23rd Mar 2010, 20:39
There only releasing this to buy time for the release of tombraider 9 , this is a good thing as it shows there putting alot of time and effort into it if they feel the need to release a game to keep us preoccupied.

aussie500
24th Mar 2010, 03:21
Well it is a pretty poor state of affairs if they have to release a spin off to keep the kiddies occupied while waiting for the next game. Could be true, but I would rather believe they wanted to try something different in an attempt to get more life into the franchise and more fans.

Mind you the fans of the classic games have been saying how they missed the traps, challenge and that feeling of walking into a new area and not knowing where to start. Well here it is, this is as close as we are likely to get to a next gen classic game, we get a different camera because it is co-op, but surely that is no reason to pass up something you might like. It even has single player for those who want to play it that way.

tombraider1best
24th Mar 2010, 20:09
usually im jumping up and down about a laara croft game............. but im not for this game :( it llooks more like justice legue heros or fantastic 4 than a lara croft/tomb raider game

whitemetal
6th Apr 2010, 12:42
Tomb Raider the co-op game, really not sure about this one would be watching the forum on this before i buy.