PDA

View Full Version : First screenshots... heads up!

Keir
5th Mar 2010, 18:24
Gamespot have just published this exclusive article (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews)

Rexie
5th Mar 2010, 18:26
*Throws pitchforks at Sonera instead*

Good boy Keir, Good boy!

Do I see the classic clothes? :O

CaptainMcMulla
5th Mar 2010, 18:27
Nice one Keir. Always on your toes :D

Rexie
5th Mar 2010, 18:29
HALT!

That camera angle is going to be for the... whole game?

Eidos! Stop it! What are you doing?! No good will benefit from this action!

And I see a braid.

Keir
5th Mar 2010, 18:35
And here's a little forum breaking http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9979/courtyardgrappleswing.jpgcommunity exclusive screenie for you :)

Rexie
5th Mar 2010, 18:47
Eidos! Stop it! What are you doing?! No good will benefit from this action!

I qoute myself.

Looks like an Shockwave game.

So just a wild guess:
It will be for free?

oraclebop
5th Mar 2010, 18:50
Woops, there's already a subsection.

I came back today, and I find this info. Fudging Amazing.

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 19:01
aaah an arcade game so most definatly on XBLAM and maybe PS store (i dont know what thats like so i cant say) hmmm a big maybe for me lol

cant say yes or no till i see some videos

Andy64
5th Mar 2010, 19:06
I am less impressed now I have seen that. Looks more crash Bandicoot games from the 90's than a Tomb Raider game. No atmosphere with that type of camera. Perhaps good for a mini game or a DS/PSP game. Over as a 'big project' seems a bit underwhelming. The Lord of the Rings copying seems too much too.

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 19:07
its not a big project its a side game, its pretty cool that they have a side game as other franchises do it is nice for lara to do it, more of a kick back relax and do some co op fun :)

i reckon the actual TR game though will be a splosion of epic

Edit: i have now decided i want it, its just grown on me when i went to get my dinner it looks win :D shame i have to wait til summer to get it :( awesome, hopefully by then ill have a damn job, fecking recession :(

qwerty
5th Mar 2010, 19:27
cmon,an arcade game???the camera SUX,the graphics are terrible and the game overall looks like a 2002 production for gamecube(not even ps2).i cant really understand the way these people think...what they want to achieve with such moves..my only thought:they think this " i dont know how to call it because they will be banning me for sure if i express my thoughts clearly" is gonna sell just because it is part of the tr franchise.omg some people never learn from their mistakes.............

KspyrusTR
5th Mar 2010, 19:34
i like it it's a side game so i'll have something to do with Lara until the new Tomb Raider adventure comes out thnk u Crystal and thnk u Keir!!! :D

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 19:35
i think its a great way to get a dosage of lara croft before the main game its a nice way to play i think havn't had co op in lara verse before so its pretty awesome

Love you Keir and CD in a completely platonic way :)

Falkenwut
5th Mar 2010, 19:39
This is very shocking for a Lara Croft game!

Multiplayer?? At least it fitst the style considering the Guardian of Light is helpful... So I approve...

Camera angles - IF it's a true platformer I won't mind at all... heck looks original!! :cool:
But ... If this game turns out to be a point and click strategy-esque game.. I doubt I'll be interested... I'll even disapprove :hmm:

Style - So far not enough details... I hope not too much action is involved! Lara's the adventurous type...

Reguarding the TR9.. Hope this ties up nicely to it, like they tried with Legend, Anniversary and Underworld

chriss_99
5th Mar 2010, 20:17
I like that they kept her Underworld look!

_Love2Raid_
5th Mar 2010, 21:24
Wow, this is exactly what I had expected! :eek:

Looks like a very decent Arcade title, great potential for hours of fun, that's for sure! :D

I really appreciate the work they have put into this and it will make the waiting for the next 'real' game so much easier! :thumb:

So, who's teaming up with me? (you'll be Tito :lol:)

@Falkenwut: Did you even take a good look at those screens? Of course it's a true platformer! :o

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/063/reviews/991046_03052010_790screen001.jpg

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 21:29
Wow, this is exactly what I had expected! :eek:

Looks like a very decent Arcade title, great potential for hours of fun, that's for sure! :D

I really appreciate the work they have put into this and it will make the waiting for the next 'real' game so much easier! :thumb:

So, who's teaming up with me? (you'll be Tito :lol:)

@Falkenwut: Did you even take a good look at those screens? Of course it's a true platformer! :o

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/063/reviews/991046_03052010_790screen001.jpg

Yargh i be teaming up with you L2R :D, totally agree with your statement :)

also if you wanted to pleh it i would pleh with you, if you had an xbox then we could lol

she totally looks like anniversary look the classic clothing and looks like a braid but not clear enough pictures :(

chriss_99
5th Mar 2010, 21:33
I wonder about the system requirements but judging by the screenshots it should work smoothly on any PC that can handle Underworld.

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 21:34
most definatly i would say its an arcade game if your pc can handle trunderworld then it should be able to eat this easily :D

i really reallly reaalllly wanna play this right now! lol,

needmorepillows
5th Mar 2010, 22:01
Looks pretty cool! =D

Keir
5th Mar 2010, 22:17
I am less impressed now I have seen that. Looks more crash Bandicoot games from the 90's than a Tomb Raider game. No atmosphere with that type of camera. Perhaps good for a mini game or a DS/PSP game. Over as a 'big project' seems a bit underwhelming. The Lord of the Rings copying seems too much too.

These screens don't do it justice. It actually looks really sweet.

Remember that this isn't a Tomb Raider. This is meant as something new and different. Open your mind and see what else we talk about in the coming weeks :)

f...k me hard!!!!cmon,an arcade game???the camera SUX,the graphics are terrible and the game overall looks like a 2002 production for gamecube(not even ps2).i cant really understand the way these people think...what they want to achieve with such moves..my only thought:they think this " i dont know how to call it because they will be banning me for sure if i express my thoughts clearly" is gonna sell just because it is part of the tr franchise.omg some people never learn from their mistakes.............

The screens don't really do it justice. How you can be so sure though without having seen it in action let alone played it I don't know!

Remember that this isn't supposed to be another epic Tomb Raider. This is something different for the fans. I know it's a shock but take a step back and open your mind (otherwise you might miss out on some of the fun).

This is very shocking for a Lara Croft game!

Multiplayer?? At least it fitst the style considering the Guardian of Light is helpful... So I approve...

Camera angles - IF it's a true platformer I won't mind at all... heck looks original!! :cool:
But ... If this game turns out to be a point and click strategy-esque game.. I doubt I'll be interested... I'll even disapprove :hmm:

Style - So far not enough details... I hope not too much action is involved! Lara's the adventurous type...

Reguarding the TR9.. Hope this ties up nicely to it, like they tried with Legend, Anniversary and Underworld

Cool, we look forward to showing you more so you can see how much win it really is.

I should say - this sits apart from Tomb Raider, it doesn't specifically tie in with TR in terms of story and of course the game play is new :thumbsup:

_Love2Raid_
5th Mar 2010, 22:29
Yargh i be teaming up with you L2R :D, totally agree with your statement :)

also if you wanted to pleh it i would pleh with you, if you had an xbox then we could lol

she totally looks like anniversary look the classic clothing and looks like a braid but not clear enough pictures :(
It looks like a gloveless TRU Lara with edited textures to me...:scratch:...or maybe that's just me. :confused:

But hey, I have a 360! :D:D:flowers:

Danielsun_
5th Mar 2010, 22:34
woohoo :D us senile raiders can raid together and take it one step at a time hihi :D

dark7angel
5th Mar 2010, 22:45
Looks cool!!! :D But I want to see it in action!!!

Thanks for sharing, Keir! You're the BEST!!! :D

_Love2Raid_
5th Mar 2010, 22:58
woohoo :D us senile raiders can raid together and take it one step at a time hihi :D
Yup! ;)

lilhanhan
6th Mar 2010, 00:03
Hey, it looks quite good! Sorry but I've been quite sceptical about this game so far. ^.^;

Although Keir, you say it's not a Tomb Raider and that it doesn't follow "TR in terms of story", but to be honest the majority of the past Tomb Raider games didn't have a set/main story at all; they were just random adventures in a sense. So are you saying that's it's a bit like the classic TR approach of just letting Lara go on a one off adventure because she feels like it?

I hope this post makes some sense, I'm having difficulty typing out what I actually want to ask... :o

EDIT- Wait, I've actually read the Gamespot article instead of just skimming through it (to be honest I should have read it properly at first I guess!) and actually I quite like what I read especially-

"...this latest Lara Croft adventure looks to maintain much of the feeling of earlier games (tombs, booby-trap puzzles, and so on) with a framework designed around cooperative adventuring."

So it is like the classics in the sense of the story just being simply Lara going on a adventure for fun and profit, yay! :D

I also love retro/arcade type gameplay, so this doesn't sound half bad for a spin-off! I just hope I don't get too hyped up about it though because I usually end up disappointing myself by expecting way too much from a game... ^.^;

Pulse
6th Mar 2010, 01:40
This sounds great. Although now I'm really wondering what Tomb Raider 9 will be, this should keep me sane :D

Will there be offline and online co-op? or one or the other???

needmorepillows
6th Mar 2010, 01:51
This sounds great. Although now I'm really wondering what Tomb Raider 9 will be, this should keep me sane :D

According to this article, the game is playable on single player as well

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews

Yaaaaay ^__^

josh1122
6th Mar 2010, 02:50
I'll admit I think it looks pretty cool, arcade style gameplay(like matt hazard or shadow complex?) then I'm in, as long as its not above $10 to get it, hopefully its on both PSN and XBLA

co-op sounds interesting

Dusk Knight
6th Mar 2010, 05:12
I like what I see so far. It reminds me a bit of Lego Indy 2, Torchlight, and Trine (all good things). I also see a lot more Tomb Raider than I was expecting with it being absent from the title.

It looks like the type game that could work well on just about every current platform, even portable ones. I'm eager to hear what platforms it will be available on.

Natla
6th Mar 2010, 08:31
Having looked at the screenshots, the game seems to me to be a bit like Baldur's Gate but with more puzzles and no stupid conversations, and I really liked Baldur's Gate. It reminds me of a 2.5D platformer - old school. It's not a traditional Tomb Raider game, but then it isn't called Tomb Raider, is it? I have a PS3 and I hope that I can work out how to download it :).

P.S. I have at least one old school TR fan friend who doesn't like the look of it, but I'm afraid I have to disagree and give a faintly hopeful half-a-thumbs-up. I think it might be a breath of fresh air. I hope they don't over-price it or mess up the advertising and PR.

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 10:06
Oooh you know what would make this game really epic is if you could have an option to play it in 3d!!! Just like avatar the game! It has a 3d option and you can alter stuff... I actually would like to play this game, but it depends if my dad will buy it for me on psn... Xbox live is a no no. :D am not gonna get too excited though...

Kami
6th Mar 2010, 11:21
Remember that this isn't supposed to be another epic Tomb Raider. This is something different for the fans. I know it's a shock but take a step back and open your mind (otherwise you might miss out on some of the fun).

Does that mean it will be for all fans? = all platforms? :nut:

Frankly I still can't get excited because I have no idea if I will be able to play it.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 11:28
im sure you will it looks too good to go on psp or iphone but wait til GDC and we will know :D

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 11:34
Hey, it looks quite good! Sorry but I've been quite sceptical about this game so far. ^.^;

That's OK! I understand why, this is a big surprise.

So it is like the classics in the sense of the story just being simply Lara going on a adventure for fun and profit, yay! :D

I also love retro/arcade type gameplay, so this doesn't sound half bad for a spin-off! I just hope I don't get too hyped up about it though because I usually end up disappointing myself by expecting way too much from a game... ^.^;

We'll do a few features on the story line, and a little later down the line we'll give you guys the chance to do a Q&A with the dudes from Crystal :thumbsup:

We'll reveal more about this soon! *twiddles moustache*

According to this article, the game is playable on single player as well

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews

Yaaaaay ^__^

Yep! I have been playing it at my desk (instead of working) for the last few weeks. It r0x0rz :D

When my bosses ask me what I'm doing I tell them I need to get to know the game :cool:

Having looked at the screenshots, the game seems to me to be a bit like Baldur's Gate but with more puzzles and no stupid conversations, and I really liked Baldur's Gate. It reminds me of a 2.5D platformer - old school. It's not a traditional Tomb Raider game, but then it isn't called Tomb Raider, is it? I have a PS3 and I hope that I can work out how to download it :).

P.S. I have at least one old school TR fan friend who doesn't like the look of it, but I'm afraid I have to disagree and give a faintly hopeful half-a-thumbs-up. I think it might be a breath of fresh air. I hope they don't over-price it or mess up the advertising and PR.

You got it. This game isn't Tomb Raider. It has certain elements that fit of course but this is different and new. I think Crystal deserve credit for doing something bold (that doesn't effect Tomb Raider).

I think your friend isn't alone. Lots of people are still shocked and confused... but as we release more info and they understand it and see how much win it is, I think they'll start to change their mind.

Does that mean it will be for all fans? = all platforms? :nut:

Frankly I still can't get excited because I have no idea if I will be able to play it.

We haven't released any platform info yet... as soon as we do I'll post a thread here :thumbsup:

Acid_Burn
6th Mar 2010, 11:38
We haven't released any platform info yet... as soon as we do I'll post a thread here
On Gamespot LC&GoL listed on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 :)

Kami
6th Mar 2010, 11:42
^YES! :lmao:

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 11:49
On Gamespot LC&GoL listed on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 :)

This is unofficial and we haven't announced any platform information.

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 12:30
Keir you're in square enix company?? OOOOH! nice.... i absolutely love the idea of this game... seems a bit animeish but it's growing on me faster than ever! i just hope i don't spoil myself like i did with underworld, i watched too many trailers etc, knew about the plot and i saw too many videos... >.< i hope they release only ONE trailer... call me odd but i have no self control ha ha.

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 13:14
Keir you're in square enix company?? OOOOH! nice.... i absolutely love the idea of this game... seems a bit animeish but it's growing on me faster than ever! i just hope i don't spoil myself like i did with underworld, i watched too many trailers etc, knew about the plot and i saw too many videos... >.< i hope they release only ONE trailer... call me odd but i have no self control ha ha.

Yep, I work at Square Enix Europe HQ :cool:

Well, you won't be able to spoil yourself with LCGoL because the best bit about it is the gameplay, you'll see what I mean when you get your hands on it. Talk about addictive :lmao:

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:32
oooh nice you're making me jealous keir! I always wondered... i got to choose my options for a school exam (GCSE) and i have chosen Art, geography, double science and i don't know what else to do... i was wondering, should i take graphic design if i want to like... design characters for game characters and concept arts? :S

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 13:42
where is SE HQ based Keir? France? Germany? England? and if ya can disclose what city?

tombraidergal
6th Mar 2010, 13:43
where is SE HQ based Keir? France? Germany? England? and if ya can disclose what city?

you gonna break an entry and play the game in secret ha ha?
:lol:

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 13:58
oooh nice you're making me jealous keir! I always wondered... i got to choose my options for a school exam (GCSE) and i have chosen Art, geography, double science and i don't know what else to do... i was wondering, should i take graphic design if i want to like... design characters for game characters and concept arts? :S

Hmm... well I think the most important thing is you go with your instinct and choose the subject that feels right to you. But I would say that Art or Graphic Design could both lead to a suitable Art or Design A-Level which could in turn pave the way for an Art and Design foundation and then finally a suitable university course. Blimey, that made it sound scary! :nut:

We're in London :)

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 13:58
haha noo i just like to know where the company(s) are based, CD in San fransisco Eidos in London and where Keir is i have no idea other than SE HQ

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 14:44
Okay, what the hell, Eidos?!

If it isn't an Tomb Raider game, so why do you put Lara Croft in there? I know LC is your money cow, but I find this solution more simple:

A man in his late 20's get's kicked out of an bar in the middle of Cairo. With no money left, he wanders around Egypt, figuring out a way to make money. Eventually, he stubles into a tomb, and meets a God-like figure who could help him. Eventually, turns out he is the son of Lucas Shepherd. An former Archeologist who died in a terrible accident. The man later realizes, that his destiny is to finish what his father started.

See? Is that simple. You don't need the name 'Lara Croft' to make money. Doing this, is like making a film called "Norman Bates - McDonalds." and make Norman own every Mcdonalds in the world with his mother. I love Norman, but the idea will sink lower than Titanic.

[/rant]

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 14:51
haha i know where you now Keir!!! i shall come and find you in london and bring rexie with me to be the best antagonists in the world

what part of london btw its a big place? :p

LARALOVERnr1
6th Mar 2010, 16:48
but if TGoL isnt a Tomb Raider-game, will you guys continue with the Tomb Raider-series anyway?

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 16:50
they are working on two projects the other one being TR :D

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 17:06
haha noo i just like to know where the company(s) are based, CD in San fransisco Eidos in London and where Keir is i have no idea other than SE HQ

Well, Square Enix Europe HQ is in London along with... well Square Enix London Studios. Crystal D are in SF, IO Interactive are in Copenhagen, We also have Eidos-Montréal and Eidos Shanghai with offices Paris and Hamburg. Square Enix have offices across the world too, their head office is Tokyo of course, and they have a major office LA.

Okay, what the hell, Eidos?!

If it isn't an Tomb Raider game, so why do you put Lara Croft in there? I know LC is your money cow, but I find this solution more simple:

A man in his late 20's get's kicked out of an bar in the middle of Cairo. With no money left, he wanders around Egypt, figuring out a way to make money. Eventually, he stubles into a tomb, and meets a God-like figure who could help him. Eventually, turns out he is the son of Lucas Shepherd. An former Archeologist who died in a terrible accident. The man later realizes, that his destiny is to finish what his father started.

See? Is that simple. You don't need the name 'Lara Croft' to make money. Doing this, is like making a film called "Norman Bates - McDonalds." and make Norman own every Mcdonalds in the world with his mother. I love Norman, but the idea will sink lower than Titanic.

[/rant]

Not entirely sure how to respond to this.

Why does the idea of something new and different (that doesn't effect TR) upset you so much? This is a project for the fans, it has real elements of Tomb Raider in there but is something fresh and full of win. It's like you've judged it already before you know all the facts.

but if TGoL isnt a Tomb Raider-game, will you guys continue with the Tomb Raider-series anyway?

Crystal are working on TWO games ;)

they are working on two projects the other one being TR :D

http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/h/highfive.gif

Kami
6th Mar 2010, 17:14
Keir, has the change to Square Enix somehow influenced the game developing process? Or is it still the same? Were TR plans changed for example?

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 17:16

Why does the idea of something new and different (that doesn't effect TR) upset you so much? This is a project for the fans, it has real elements of Tomb Raider in there but is something fresh and full of win. It's like you've judged it already before you know all the facts.

So if it is Tomb Raider, why isn't it called that? even Kingdom Hearts: Coded wasn't called "Sora's Journey: Coded." And it was the same thing.

goofy
6th Mar 2010, 17:21
Yep! I have been playing it at my desk (instead of working) for the last few weeks. It r0x0rz :D

When my bosses ask me what I'm doing I tell them I need to get to know the game :cool:

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: I want to play it tooooo
LOL, maybe ur boss comes and read what u wrote here ? :P hehehehe
anyway have fun playing it, and dont forget to get guity coz u r playing and we are waiting for a simple new info abt it lol

PS : The forum was faster without this background btw :P

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 17:23
but the background is 1337 :D

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 17:36
Keir, has the change to Square Enix somehow influenced the game developing process? Or is it still the same? Were TR plans changed for example?

No, I don't believe Square buy Eidos resulted in any creative direction change. It potentially gave Crystal more freedom and resources, but I'm only speculating because they don't tell me important stuff like that :)

So if it is Tomb Raider, why isn't it called that? even Kingdom Hearts: Coded wasn't called "Sora's Journey: Coded." And it was the same thing.

What? :scratch: I've said it's not a Tomb Raider game.....

It isn't a Tomb Raider. While it has elements you'll recognise, it's not Tomb Raider 9.

You understand Crystal are currently working on two projects, this one and another game.

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2: I want to play it tooooo
LOL, maybe ur boss comes and read what u wrote here ? :P hehehehe
anyway have fun playing it, and dont forget to get guity coz u r playing and we are waiting for a simple new info abt it lol

PS : The forum was faster without this background btw :P

Yeah, I was noticing that ever so slightly. Perhaps I'll try increasing the compression on the image a bit more (on Monday), it should help.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 18:02
woah woah woah

Keir if you are based in london that means you have been putting alot of hours in recently because i remember seeing you update facebook and this during the late hours of the day

jeez man what you doing on here on a weekend get some rest!!

ps: i like the background it took the over ones jerb :D

goofy
6th Mar 2010, 18:52
Again after looking at the new pics more ... I think that "AGAIN" they took more care about the graphics, more then lara her self :S the same with TRU .. I thnk that Lara dont look soo good, and her moves are not as good as TR legend and TRA .. :(:(

John Carter
6th Mar 2010, 18:58
Nice environments! OK, so it isn't a full-fledged Tomb Raider, it's something to tide us over til the next big super-epic TR game. Kind of like one of those old TR handheld games or phone games, except actually fun. Anybody like "Torchlight?" "Diablo"? This is Lara-based goodie like that, just the thing for some fun evening of mind-bubble gum! Ought to be cool, looking forward to it!

Kami
6th Mar 2010, 19:18
No, I don't believe Square buy Eidos resulted in any creative direction change. It potentially gave Crystal more freedom and resources, but I'm only speculating because they don't tell me important stuff like that :)

That's nice. Did you feel any change?

And I have a question that I think you will be able to answer :D I saw that on the concept art released Lara is with a ponytail, but I can't see that clearly on the screens. Is she with a plait or ponytail in game? :nut:

chriss_99
6th Mar 2010, 20:03
Nice environments! OK, so it isn't a full-fledged Tomb Raider, it's something to tide us over til the next big super-epic TR game. Kind of like one of those old TR handheld games or phone games, except actually fun. Anybody like "Torchlight?" "Diablo"? This is Lara-based goodie like that, just the thing for some fun evening of mind-bubble gum! Ought to be cool, looking forward to it!

That's exactly the way I treat this game and I'm happy with it!

rg_001100
6th Mar 2010, 20:15
I like what I see so far. It reminds me a bit of Lego Indy 2, Torchlight, and Trine (all good things). I also see a lot more Tomb Raider than I was expecting with it being absent from the title.
From what the linked article (http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/adventure/laracroftandtheguardianoflight/news.html?sid=6252980&mode=previews) says, it does remind me of Lego Indy. (Well, Lego SW, but they're all the same..). "arcade-inspired action romp with a fixed isometric camera and a focus on high scores and replay value"
Hmmm. This sounds interesting at least. A Lara-game that's not a TR game (as such). I'd rather see TR :whistle: but so long as LCGoL can deliver a good gameplay experience, nothing wrong with that.

This is unofficial and we haven't announced any platform information.
...So there's still hope it'd release for PSP? :p Fixed camera and the PSP's lack of second analog stick go hand in hand, without sacrificing gameplay ability... too bad the PSP isn't capable of rendering graphics that great, I doubt the PSP's gonna see any more TR Lara action for a while.

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:11

I think it frustrates many of us because we had some rumors about the next game and then nothing. More than likely, the supposed leaked content wasn't SE's or CD's fault, but for me, it's like I got hyped for the next game and then suddenly there's is an explosion of news for something that has nothing to do with TR whatsoever besides the fact that it includes Lara. Add to that, that this is an arcade type game, of which I personally have no interest in, and you can see why I left an empty seat on the GoL Bandwagon.

Danielsun_
6th Mar 2010, 21:16
its not really a bandwagan many people are objecting it like you are, i dont like to think i am on a bandwagan, main reason i like arcade games is its something you can kick back and relax with no need to concentrate just take it easy

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 21:17
I think it frustrates many of us because we had some rumors about the next game and then nothing. More than likely, the supposed leaked content wasn't SE's or CD's fault, but for me, it's like I got hyped for the next game and then suddenly there's is an explosion of news for something that has nothing to do with TR whatsoever besides the fact that it includes Lara. Add to that, that this is an arcade type game, of which I personally have no interest in, and you can see why I left an empty seat on the GoL Bandwagon.

:thumb:

You have my seal of aproval.

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:35
:thumb:

You have my seal of aproval.

Thank you. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that at least has reservations about this project.

Jonesy2
6th Mar 2010, 21:49
Well, I for one will be downloading this game. It looks fun, and it's not meant to be the next big Tomb Raider game. Really, it's more something to keep Lara in the public's eye, and it's bringing a few badly needed modern elements to the franchise, in terms of co-op play.

I think this is a great idea!

JRod108
6th Mar 2010, 21:56
Well, I for one will be downloading this game. It looks fun, and it's not meant to be the next big Tomb Raider game. Really, it's more something to keep Lara in the public's eye, and it's bringing a few badly needed modern elements to the franchise, in terms of co-op play.

I think this is a great idea!

I know that, and I'm sure Rexie is well aware of that as well, however, that doesn't mean I'm going to immediately buy this game. I really don't understand why that is so hard for people to grasp. (I'm not really referring to you, Jonesy2, this is just frustration at many other people criticizing me about not liking this idea.) What is wrong with me not being keen on this? I have never said I hate GoL. I've merely expressed that I am not interested.

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 23:01

Hey mate... remember when we were talking recently and you were like 'oh I imagine nothing will be happening soon', I was dying inside :o

But you have the right idea. This isn't supposed to be a TR, when people play they'll discover this is why the word fun was invented.

That's nice. Did you feel any change?

And I have a question that I think you will be able to answer :D I saw that on the concept art released Lara is with a ponytail, but I can't see that clearly on the screens. Is she with a plait or ponytail in game? :nut:

Oh there has been change, but it hasn't been too dramatic. There are lots more Japanese people in the office, but the deal made such good sense for both parties. Eidos has fit very well into the Square Enix machine.

And, it's a ponytail :)

I totally understand why people got frustrated and confused with this news. It's totally different, and yeah there has been speculation about those images (which I can't comment on either way).

-------------------------

From the Eidos/corporate point of view (if anyone is interested) it's an interesting point actually. Behind the scenes there were people that wanted us to announce LCGoL and say nothing more so we generated lots of hype and excitement.

There were a few of us (the guys at Crystal and me included) who disagreed, and recommended that we were upfront and honest - which actually we were. A few days before Darrell Gallagher (studio boss at CD) did an interview with gamasutra.com saying Crystal are working on two projects (I tried to post this as widely as possible) and if you read the press release it does say 'digital download', and then the next day we went out with screens via gamespot. On top of that I've been running round the internet like a headless chicken going 'IT'S NOT TR9' :D

Anyway, yeah.

Rexie
6th Mar 2010, 23:06
I'm just going to jump in with an canonball:

When will we get any developper videos? Like for Trunderworld.

[LEGASP! Rexie made a post in this thread that is not negative!]

Keir
6th Mar 2010, 23:07
I'm just going to jump in with an canonball:

When will we get any developper videos? Like for Trunderworld.

Don't have a concrete date for assets. I'll let you know as and when.

LARALOVERnr1
7th Mar 2010, 07:15
question: will there be cutscenes in LC:TGoL? realy liked the cutscenes in all the TR-games!

goofy
7th Mar 2010, 08:11
There were a few of us (the guys at Crystal and me included) who disagreed, and recommended that we were upfront and honest - which actually we were. A few days before Darrell Gallagher (studio boss at CD) did an interview with gamasutra.com saying Crystal are working on two projects (I tried to post this as widely as possible) and if you read the press release it does say 'digital download', and then the next day we went out with screens via gamespot. On top of that I've been running round the internet like a headless chicken going 'IT'S NOT TR9' :D

Anyway, yeah.

You r so loyal :lmao:

tombraidergal
7th Mar 2010, 11:13
oh and i got a question Keir... (you should really have your own question and answer thread ha ha)... the leaked concept art for tr9? you might not tell us but... is it a fake?

Kami
7th Mar 2010, 12:40
OK I have a question again!
:D Is TGOL in anly way linked to the other project Crystal are working on? yes or no could work :p

JRod108
7th Mar 2010, 18:16
oh and i got a question Keir... (you should really have your own question and answer thread ha ha)... the leaked concept art for tr9? you might not tell us but... is it a fake?

I don't think he can. Sigh.....

evrybudylvsmarco
7th Mar 2010, 18:22
Are these screen shots beta??? :scratch:

Pulse
8th Mar 2010, 08:42
with GDC coming up are we going to be hearing more about the game from that? And the other project, anything at GDC for that... or E3.... or is that supposed to be super secret????

hiMe
8th Mar 2010, 11:31
Are these screen shots beta??? :scratch:

Looks PC-ish to me. Like the characters are a bit pixilated. Might just be me though..:p

tombraidergal
8th Mar 2010, 15:19
I don't think he can. Sigh.....

Predictable...
:(

M@xime
8th Mar 2010, 15:55
I need to see the gameplay ... With these screenshoots i can't have an opinion

Bampire
9th Mar 2010, 03:49
I'm sorry but I have to say that I'm none too impressed by any of this, at all. It seems too primitive, the lightning is grotesque. I see the other character, and it confuses me.

I just don't really feel too compelled to get this. Though, being a fan I would give it a chance and play it--But I cannot promise I'd like it.

Just something about it seems off, other then what I pointed out.

Danielsun_
9th Mar 2010, 10:59
GDC starts today so im hoping they review a trailer at least lol

pleomax
14th Mar 2010, 07:25
Looks PC-ish to me. Like the characters are a bit pixilated. Might just be me though..

What's pc-ish ?? My pc runs 1920x1200 with 16xAA.

Those screen shots look like something off the Sony psp or the Nintendo ds.

I want a proper Tomb Raider game that's going to make underworld's graphics look old and crappy !

Danielsun_
14th Mar 2010, 09:57
well this game certainly isnt going to its using the TRunderworld game engine but the real TR game is still in the works this is just a side game to keep us entertained in the meantime