PDA

View Full Version : JC2 Demo CRASHING

TJbr
5th Mar 2010, 17:48
HI guys... i loved the demo but, there is some problem frustrating.

The game is crashing after some time of play. 2 minutes, 5 minutes, 30 seconds... I couldnt play more then 10 minutes after a lot of trying....

The screen freezes and i have to control+alt+del.

My pc:

C2D E6750 @ 2,6ghz
8800gt 512mb
2gb ddr2 800mhz
Windows 7 64bits

I have lattest drivers instaled, and play other games well...

PLEASE HELP!! I would like very much to play this game fine..

Any help will be appreciated

:(:(:(

GoodTimes
5th Mar 2010, 18:20
I have the exact hardware you do, except for the 2gb ram. I have 4. I narrowed that down to the details setting. If I set it to high it freezes, If I set it to medium it's all good lol, I don't use SSAO, PLS, Bokeh, or GPU water sim either. The rest is on and high/very high. AAx4, AF@x8. Res@1920x1080.

EDIT: Also if you have the latest Nvidia drivers it could be heat. 196.75' have a fan control problem. The fan doesn't increase with heat. So yeah...gl.

kajo2008
5th Mar 2010, 22:18
I think your graphic card is maybe too weak, for me worked driver 196.21 I have got 9800GTX+

jiyoung
5th Mar 2010, 22:47
Exact same problem here.

I changed all the graphics settings to the lowest possible and disabled all those that you can turn off, however, it still crashes anywhere from a few secs into the tutorial to a few mins into the game.

Trying to change the resolution to windowed mode made things even worse, where the game freezes while loading the first cutscene.

Tried everything, but the demo keeps on freezing no matter what I do...
...and I actually like the game, so it's a pain not being able to play it.

My gfx card is also a 8800 GTS

Green Fox
5th Mar 2010, 23:03
Same glitch, I have a 9800GTX+ as well.

The problem appears to be the rendering engine freezing, as sound, controls, collision, and menus seem to work (with out graphics, sound is the only cue I have that it's still working). I can still uses guns (I hear gun fire); I can still use my grappling hook (I can hear it too); the AI still yells at me, and shoots me; when I pause, I still here the menu screen.

Random times through out the game, sometimes at loading screens, sometimes during the opening sequence, sometimes in combat. If it freeze during the loading screen or the opening sequence, there will continue to be an audio cue that tells me it is still running (continues to the first controllable area, I can still hear my guns and grappling hook).

compatible
6th Mar 2010, 02:32
I have the exact hardware you do, except for the 2gb ram. I have 4. I narrowed that down to the details setting. If I set it to high it freezes, If I set it to medium it's all good lol, I don't use SSAO, PLS, Bokeh, or GPU water sim either. The rest is on and high/very high. AAx4, AF@x8. Res@1920x1080.

EDIT: Also if you have the latest Nvidia drivers it could be heat. 196.75' have a fan control problem. The fan doesn't increase with heat. So yeah...gl.

why have you got 4xAA if you are using 1080p rez , you don't really need it on ,because you should not see any jagged edges, so if you turn that off you will get more performance.

People that are having performance issues can try this program works real good for low spec pcs : http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18541_4-10913645.html

~# Also make sure you are running the newest drivers from nvida/ati .
~# Make sure that direct x is up to date ,they are always bring out little updates.
~# Also sound card drivers must be updated to the newest versions .

GoodTimes
6th Mar 2010, 02:58
Not having performance issues :P.. I wouldn't say I wouldn't see any though. Just look at GTA IV for instance. Many jaggies @1920x1080. I'm very picky when it comes to jaggies. Hehe. It's all good. Might work for others.

jiyoung
6th Mar 2010, 06:57
Upgraded to the latest video drivers and the was able to reach the end of the demo timer for the first time :D
...simply love this game!