PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy and slow in intro custscene...but when you start playing it is smooth as butter

thompsjt1
5th Mar 2010, 14:15
Hi all. This is what I have for my specs:

Latest driver for Nvidia btw:

Quad core intel chip 2.4
4 gb ram
Nvidia 8800GTX Ultra w/ 768 vram

I have my settings cranked. Native resolution of my monitor:1920 x 1200
all settings on and everything on the highest they can go.

For some reason the intro movie has a fuzzy look to it and runs slow and therefore the voice vs video is out of synch. However once you drop out of the chopper and begin playing. Game looks fantastic and is smooth as butter.

I have turned off each feature both standard and advanced in the game 1 by 1 and restart the intro to see what feature may be causing this anomaly. I found no specific feature that is causing this slowdown issue. Only decreasing resolution helps make it synch better but it still looks like crap with the grainyness and why should I drop resolution for cut scene when the game runs fantastic outside the cutscenes.

Any thoughts?

p34nk
5th Mar 2010, 15:39
Same here with me but I think thats probably the way they do the cutscenes? Plus the scene where you meet the girl is happening indoor and a bit dark, maybe they made it a bit fuzzy and grainy like that?

The gameplay is fine for me. I had to meddle a few things here and there but it is running fine during gameplay, except from some stuttering that I had.

genaga
5th Mar 2010, 15:54
The grainy thing is there on purpose. Not so sure about the lagging.

compatible
5th Mar 2010, 16:15
have you made sure that you have the latest drivers for your sound card or on board sound, also you could try to update direct x to see if there is a small update, also some people have trouble wit vsync u could try this on and off to see if that makes a difrence.

Also if you are have some lagg you could try to defrag your cache files in steam to do this open steam then go to my games, on the jc2 demo right click and go to properties then local files then at the bottom you should get an option to defrag cache files, this may help abit :thumb:

Also you could download this free game booster program , it will defrag individual game programs , also it will shut down any back ground program you don't need wiles playing jc2..

http://download.cnet.com/Game-Booster/3000-18541_4-10913645.html :thumb:

thompsjt1
5th Mar 2010, 17:52
Video drivers are definitely the latest. I didn't update the sound drivers though. Didn't think that would be the issue since Creative updates them so rarely. And the sound never is off or wrong in the gameplay. Cutscene only.

I have gamebooster already. It did not help.

I bet its the grain in the scenes as that is a post processing effect which can be a huge video resource hog. As long as its a option to turn off in the full game then I think it will run fine as it looks like crap in my opinion anyways.

TJbr
5th Mar 2010, 17:58
Its normal. Same here.

Its not really a problem, it would be if this was the reverse x)

Arrowslinger
5th Mar 2010, 18:35
Excuse my ignorance but those scenes do not mean much, I mean really I suppose the "skip" at the helicopter is put there on purpose?

GoodTimes
5th Mar 2010, 18:41
I just think it's a early stable build. I mean why would they have a couple of guys sitting at desks when there's no desks (one guy typing away at a computer that isn't there too). When the rest of the game is actually pretty flawless. Don't get me wrong it has it's problems, but that's why I say it's an early build. I doubt the final build has any of these thing's. Maybe some, but not the most out of place looking oddities.

genaga
5th Mar 2010, 19:02
I have noticed at the smallest resolution the video looks very good.

thompsjt1
5th Mar 2010, 21:53
I just think it's a early stable build. I mean why would they have a couple of guys sitting at desks when there's no desks (one guy typing away at a computer that isn't there too). When the rest of the game is actually pretty flawless. Don't get me wrong it has it's problems, but that's why I say it's an early build. I doubt the final build has any of these thing's. Maybe some, but not the most out of place looking oddities.

I agree. And as the other guy said above the cutscenes are secondary to gameplay. I do like stories but the gameplay in this game in particular is where its at and as long as thats stable which in the demo it is indeed, then these guys have my purchase

Tarnith
7th Mar 2010, 08:57
They definitely need to optimize the full game if this is what performance is going to be like system to system, I get drops to 20-30 in places and around steady 60 running with:
Texture = High
Shadows = Medium
AA = Off
AF = 2x
Water = Medium
Objects = Medium
Decals = On
Everything else off
Nvidia drivers = 196.21
Running Windows 7