PDA

View Full Version : Bug I found in the demo with keyboard/mouse mapping

thompsjt1
5th Mar 2010, 14:08
Hello all. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully this gets to the devs to fix in the full version of the game:

Somehow the Fire #1 key that you choose for your general settings for your guy is tied to the Fire #2 mapping for ALL vehicle mapping whether thats boat, aircraft, or car type vehicle. For example:

I want fire #1 to be Mouse 1 across the board(Just my guy and in all vehicles) and fire #2 to be mouse 2 across the board. The problem is that whenever you mess with your general settings for fire#1 for your guy it will automatically change the vehicle settings to make that same mapping for fire#2 on vehicles which is a undesired effect. Same goes for the opposite. I go into any vehicle mapping and change fire#2 to say Spacebar. It will change my main characters fire#1 to Spacebar.

There seems to be a direct relationship between fire#1 mapping of the guy and fire#2 mapping of the vehicles.

It should allow me to make fire#1 mouse 1 for my guy AND the vehicles and fire#2 mouse 2 for my guy AND the vehicles for consistency and not manipulate and update the alternative fire.

Please make sure this is known to the developers.

Thanks!

oceanclub
5th Mar 2010, 15:22
Hello all. Just wanted to let everyone know and hopefully this gets to the devs to fix in the full version of the game:

Somehow the Fire #1 key that you choose for your general settings for your guy is tied to the Fire #2 mapping for ALL vehicle mapping whether thats boat, aircraft, or car type vehicle. For example:

Just to piggyback on this thread, there's also a problem when you remap E for "use".

By default, E is "Use", and F is "grapple hook". I decided to remap these to switch these around, since E is easier to reach and grappling hook is used more often.

However, I then found that I couldn't pick up ammo with F. Or indeed, with E, even though the on-screen prompt shows E incorrectly as the "Use" command.

Hope this can get fixed in a patch. Fun demo and I'm very tempted to pick it up!

P.

cha0s
6th Mar 2010, 14:42
The right click for fire isnt that bad bcos in most games right click is secondary fire anyway.

Key mapping took a while but eventually got
mouse1 fire
mouse 2 aim (why would you want this on keyboard :eek:)
mouse 3 grappel hook (why would you want this on keyboard)
E use
F is grenade (same as BC2)

The jump / parachute thing is a pain because in a vehicle i want spacebar to be handbrake but i still want jump as spacebar on foot. :)

oceanclub
8th Mar 2010, 10:35
The jump / parachute thing is a pain because in a vehicle i want spacebar to be handbrake but i still want jump as spacebar on foot. :)

One idea - I haven't tried this myself - might be to use the AutoHotKey macro application to send both a "Space" and an "X" character when you press "Space".

http://www.autohotkey.com/

P.

LordFalcon666
8th Mar 2010, 12:10
[x] agree, the keymapping is a pain and looks like a bad console port.

Not possible to zoom while RMB is pressed. I have to press it to zoom and again to unzoom.
... I blown up 5 or 10 cars since i want to use Handbreak in a sharp corner and *whooooosh* i'm in the air and my car is getting wrecked.

I really, really hope they fix the pc-control-possibilities till release or shortly after.