PDA

View Full Version : PC Full version to support x64 natively?

Techguy
5th Mar 2010, 04:53
See subject. Thanks.

danahl
6th Mar 2010, 11:53
I would also like to know if the game will support x64 natively.
I noticed when playing the x64 version of Crysis that the game went alot smoother than the x86 (32-bit) version. Maybe it's my computer specs (GTX260 SLI, Q9300, 8 GB ram with Win7 x64, 1680x1050 resolution) that gives the extra boost for a x64 native support. For a game like this I assume that with my comp specs I will be able to run the game with maxed video settings and still get high fps in most scenarios in the game. (The demo laged a bit).

Also, if the game comes with x64 native support, then will that version (unlike Crysis) be available through Steam?

compatible
6th Mar 2010, 13:41
humm they have said that it is 64bit compatible , maybe they have optimised it for that , i don't seem to have any performance problems at all . techguy are you having problems or are you just asking to see if you can up the anty of this bad boy..

Techguy
8th Mar 2010, 05:12
humm they have said that it is 64bit compatible , maybe they have optimised it for that , i don't seem to have any performance problems at all . techguy are you having problems or are you just asking to see if you can up the anty of this bad boy..

I'm just curious because if you look in the game directory there's a folder "archives_win32"... i'm thinking the full version might also have a folder "archives_win64", thus, x64 native support is planned.