PDA

View Full Version : Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

zefhit
5th Mar 2010, 02:42
"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

the game show this error and not start .. someone could help me with this :mad2:

SpankyTheElf
7th Mar 2010, 02:25
You don't have enough space left on your harddrive. Uninstall some games/programs and try again.

mixterz
7th Mar 2010, 02:29
"Not enough storage is available to complete this operation"

the game show this error and not start .. someone could help me with this :mad2:
You'll have to free up som RAM, by closing some running programs.. It happened to me once too, and i closed some apps, and then it worked again :)

SpankyTheElf
7th Mar 2010, 02:39
Oooh, I misread it. Yeah, mixterz is right.

Ctrl+Atl+Del. Open the Processes Tab. Close down your web browser, side bar (if you're on Vista), any instant messengers.

Just useless programs.

W1n5t0n114
24th Mar 2010, 07:10
Hey Guys I got the same problem as Zefhit but I've got like 78 gigs free so I think its a bug I really wanna play the demo I got off steam Any steam Any ideas?:confused:

1qwkdsm
24th Mar 2010, 07:14
Same problem here but I meet the 2GB requirement. WTF

W1n5t0n114
24th Mar 2010, 08:04
I know right! Can anyone help us?

mixterz
24th Mar 2010, 10:05
omg.. that 78 gigs is your harddrive.. i have already wrote in this thread how to fix it!!

Eidos Support
24th Mar 2010, 12:03
Same problem here but I meet the 2GB requirement. WTF

Having 2Gb in total doesn't help if you have loads of programs presently running and using most of this up. Stopping programs, utilities etc that you do not need whilst running the game will free up RAM as will doing a selective startup (see instructions below) in MSconfig or by going through Task Manager manually.

If you have a spare (fast) USB memory stick you can try plugging it in and using it as ReadyBoost (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReadyBoost), it can help in some situations to give you more performance however this does not get counted towards your systems total RAM.

References:

WikiHow : Using Readyboost on Vista (same on Windows 7) - http://www.wikihow.com/Use-ReadyBoost-in-Windows-Vista

Selective Startup:

Use the System Configuration Utility to perform a clean boot:

1) Hold down the [Start] key and the [R] key to bring up the Run dialogue box.
2) Type MSCONFIG
3) Click OK

This will load the System Configuration Utility.

4) On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the following check box:

· Load Startup Items

5) Click Apply.
6) Click Close. Then Reboot your PC as prompted.

This will stop most of the extra software loading when windows boots. In order to restore your PC to a normal boot follow the steps above again and on the General tab choose Normal Startup, Apply and ok.

Dvvarf
24th Mar 2010, 13:32
I have 4GB of RAM total. 1.5GB used, so it makes 2.5GB free - no luck. Unloaded most of applications and got 1.2GB of used RAM (by the way only one steam itself eats 150MB of RAM) and still game wont start. Is 2.8GB of free RAM is not enough for game with 2GB of RAM in system requirements? What should I do to be able to run this game? Upgrade to 8GB RAM (dunno if I'll be able to run it anyway)?
P.S. By the way, under normal conditions Vista or W7 eats up to 1GB of RAM without any applications running, so with 2GB of RAM in system requirements it makes 1GB free to be able to run the game, but.... its not.

Eidos Support
24th Mar 2010, 14:09
Could someone with this issue please post a dxdiag?

gaara5
24th Mar 2010, 18:54
http://www.shrani.si/f/2o/fL/4BUcN98K/dxdiag.jpg

W1n5t0n114
24th Mar 2010, 21:21
I know you have to free up RAM so I closed all my windows and it still didn't work! I've got tonnes of RAM and extra room on my hard drive. And Gaara Its probably just me but could you post some text with that screenshot coz' I don't get it.

-W1n5t0n114

W1n5t0n114
24th Mar 2010, 21:26
I'm getting so pissed! I tryed closing all the windows and I mean ALL the windows again. I even closed steam! I made a shortcut then tried and it came up with the same bloody error message!! :mad2:

ZombieSkydiver
25th Mar 2010, 00:26
Readyboost is only useful for computers running Vista (7?) with less than 1gb ram. If you read the reviews for it, it's basically 100% useless for a newer pc.

A lot of the problem here may be another service called Superfetch. It's an aggressive pre-fetching service that in theory is great, but in reality, especially for gamers, it's a terrible, terrible thing.

Superfetch is constantly (read: all the time!) swapping stuff in and out of memory based on your past usage of programs. The reason it does this is so that when you go to load, say, Photoshop, it'll load quicker because it's already loaded in the memory. But there's a problem.

Let's say you're playing a game, and it's got something loaded in memory. Then you go to a totally different area of the game or something, and what was just loaded in memory is currently not needed. Well, guess what? Superfetch sees that that current block of memory is not being used at the moment, so it says, "well now, those textures/whatever aren't being used right now, so i'll just swap that out for something else". Then you go back to that spot and your game crashes because superfetch swapped out the data your game needed to keep running.

Ever look at Task Manager and see that you only have like 20 MB of memory available? It's because Superfetch has filled it all up caching programs it thinks you're gonna use. This MAY be why some are getting this message, as Superfetch has used up all your memory. Granted, Superfetch is SUPPOSED TO release any memory you may need when you need it, but I don't think it does it right. Most people who write tweakguides for Vista (and 7 I assume) all agree that it's a broken feature, useless for anyone who uses memory intensive programs.

To disable Superfetch, go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services, then scroll down till you find it. Right click it, disable it, apply, then, make sure it highlighted and click "stop" in the top left corner of the services window. If you're worried about disabling this feature, just google "superfetch and gaming" or "disabling superfetch" to ease your worries.

Eidos Support
25th Mar 2010, 00:43
ReadyBoost has helped with performance in the game as the main focus the game seems to take is for GPU and memory. It's not a huge difference but it may have helped some people.

@gaara5 : Why did you block out the operating system you have?

Perhaps I should have been clearer, apologies. A screenshot of the first page of dxdiag isn't going to help. Click on the "Save All Information" button, upload the file to your favorite file hoster and post the link to it here so we can check your PC out.

W1n5t0n114
25th Mar 2010, 05:19
I may have to download another demo of this site (sorry if link doesn't work you can just copy and paste it) because I really wanna play:gamer::worship:. This demo looks promising.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/03/08/download-just-cause-2-demo/ :hmm::confused:

-W1n5t0n

gaara5
25th Mar 2010, 14:22
@gaara5 : Why did you block out the operating system you have?

Because it is going to bother you and I am pretty sure it is not the problem.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2r/8y/iXOOwpA/dxdiag2.jpg

Now this is all the info you need, or do you think the soundcard is the problem (Creative X-Fi).

deather
25th Mar 2010, 14:30
I play the demo without problems, but with the full game i also have this problem.I try Readyboost, and disable superfetch but that didn't solve the problem. Here is all of the information http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=bc3bdb59d6

gaara5
26th Mar 2010, 22:51
No solution ?

AMDFreak
26th Mar 2010, 23:03
we need a real DXdiag file not a screenshot. seriously people what is with you guys? Even a WoW noob knows what a proper Dxdiag file is.

deather
27th Mar 2010, 13:08
I play the demo without problems, but with the full game i also have this problem.I try Readyboost, and disable superfetch but that didn't solve the problem. Here is all of the information http://dox.bg/files/dw?a=bc3bdb59d6

THIS IS DXDIAG!!!Just enter the numbers which you see on the image and download the dxdiag.txt file:nut:

hasfreestyle
28th Mar 2010, 20:47
PLIZZZZ , There is no solutions for the MSG " not enough space to complete ..." ??? !!!!

slowshutterfilms
29th Mar 2010, 00:39
I got passed it by starting another game that I know to work (this cut my processes in half), closed out of that, then just ran Just Cause 2

hasfreestyle
30th Mar 2010, 22:11
i do that but d'ont work too!!! can you explain more plz??

venom1
31st Mar 2010, 07:54
Same problem here.
(sorry, I've wrote this thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=105433, but it's the same problem: i made a wrong translation)

It's not a Ram o HD problem, my Win 7 32bit runs with most unusefull services disabled, no autorun program, no browser.

I have this problem in both demo and full game.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2pqon68.jpg

deather
1st Apr 2010, 19:15
Any progress???

CameO73
1st Apr 2010, 22:54
We really need DxDiag results (like deather has done).

Speaking of deather: you're below minimum specs. According to your DxDiag.txt you have 1GB of memory, which is below the minimum requirement (2GB). On top of that you have very little space left on all of your drives: 2.1GB on your C: drive and 1GB on your E: drive.

So my advice to you: buy more memory (at least 1GB more) and free up some space on your drives. Use CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com/) if you don't know where to start.

Olvik
2nd Apr 2010, 10:39
I have the same problem and can not find the solution, you can help me, I'm desperate.

A greeting.

sfingakiller
2nd Apr 2010, 12:38
I have same problem too.

Itīs not about free HDD space (I have 100GB free) or RAM (I have 4GB).

Donīt tell us that we have to stop some services, raise pagefile size, or another bull****.
We need serious solution.

Thanks.

My spec:
C2D@3,2 / 4GB RAM / 180GB HDD (100 free) / GF 8800 GT 512MB / Win Vista SP1 /
... latest NFORCE drivers, latest Direct X and C++ 2005 SP1, C++ 2008 SP1

Olvik
2nd Apr 2010, 14:57
I have same problem too.

Itīs not about free HDD space (I have 100GB free) or RAM (I have 4GB).

Donīt tell us that we have to stop some services, raise pagefile size, or another bull****.
We need serious solution.

Thanks.

My spec:
C2D@3,2 / 4GB RAM / 180GB HDD (100 free) / GF 8800 GT 512MB / Win Vista SP1 /
... latest NFORCE drivers, latest Direct X and C++ 2005 SP1, C++ 2008 SP1

I do not understand is if we have requirements on how is that we can play, I'm about to go to the store and return the game, everything depends on the answer you have in the coming days. Because if you tell the PC that I have, I can not fail.
Also, if you knew in advance the problems with the demo, as they have not solved.
I've reinstalled, several computers with the same result. With Intel i7, with Intel Core Duo, ATI, NVIDIA ... Incredible!
Can it be problem Steam ...? Some say it does not work in Windows 64bit.
I need an answer now!

A greeting.

CameO73
2nd Apr 2010, 15:49
Can it be problem Steam ...? Some say it does not work in Windows 64bit.
I'm running Steam on Windows 7 64-bit without any problems. So it definitely works on 64-bit!

Olvik
2nd Apr 2010, 16:21
I'm running Steam on Windows 7 64-bit without any problems. So it definitely works on 64-bit!

So I'm more relaxed, but still can play.
I've re-installed on a PC with Windows 7 x64 and a 8800GTX and the same mistake ... NO ENOUGHT STORAGE SPACE TO COMPLETE THIS OPERATION

A greeting.

CameO73
2nd Apr 2010, 23:42
Don't know if it's the same problem, but this page (http://winhlp.com/node/40) has some nice suggestions (although it talks about a slightly different error message: "not enough server storage is available...").

sfingakiller
3rd Apr 2010, 16:18
Don't know if it's the same problem, but this page (http://winhlp.com/node/40) has some nice suggestions (although it talks about a slightly different error message: "not enough server storage is available...").

Thanks, interresting solution.
I tried, but with no success. Still error.

Olvik
3rd Apr 2010, 17:27
Thanks, interresting solution.
I tried, but with no success. Still error.

Like me, on Monday I will return the game to the store and I am really eager to try.

A greeting.

compatible
3rd Apr 2010, 19:04
guys you are not reading tech support , taking a screen shot of the directx diagnostics tool is NOT going to help.
There is a tab at the bottom of the tool that says,
SAVE ALL INFORMATION press that tab and save it to desktop , then go onto a free file upload site and up load it to the site , then get the link and post it here , if you start blacking out bits of the directx info , if will seem very dodgy for someone trying to help you ..

HERE ARE SOME SITES THAT YOU CAN UPLOAD YOU DIRECTX INFO AT..

http://www.mediafire.com/

http://www.filefactory.com/

http://www.megaupload.com/

o yer and from what ive in counted about this problem from passed games , is it is a administrator rights thing..

Sellius
4th Apr 2010, 09:31
Hi, I have the same problem.

My DxDiag: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zitzwomyanz/DxDiag.txt

I tested without my PCI audio card, with the integrate audio card and same problem.

Can you help me?

Sorry for my english.

Olvik
4th Apr 2010, 10:39
In sane, thank you all.

A greeting.

Olvik
4th Apr 2010, 16:49
I've already solved, as I always say to look for the easiest solution.
I have the original Windows 7, but did not walk continuously updating a custom installation of my system, the fact is that I went back to reformat, but this time with Windows 7 clean and I can play properly.
To think that there are many users like me who have this same problem, so it would not be bad taken into account because it is the first time it happens in your game.

A greeting.

mike226
5th Apr 2010, 14:10
guys i had this problem and it was cause for some reason i had accidentally put it in compatibility for windows 95 so check that its not in compatibility for anythin

sfingakiller
7th Apr 2010, 14:29
Guys, still no solution? I want to play and I donīt want to reinstall system :/

born2DIE
18th Apr 2010, 20:18
i also got the same error & really wondering what would be the issue...
hope someone will able to solve it soon

walka
19th Apr 2010, 23:38
Still struggling with this!
SOMEBODY HELP!

walka
21st May 2010, 06:15
fix this!

SmilingPie
19th Jun 2010, 14:39
Hey Guys I got the same problem as Zefhit but I've got like 78 gigs free so I think its a bug I really wanna play the demo I got off steam Any steam Any ideas?:confused:

Same here, how do i fix that? I have 34.6/99.8gb used only

melgibson
22nd Jun 2010, 02:01
Win 7 x64
4gb RAM, >3065mb available RAM according to task manager
8800GTX card
39 gb free on drive

Running the demo

And yet "Not enough storage is available to complete this operation."

Is this a DRM issue? I'm very disappointed in you, Eidos. If you fix this, I will buy the game. If not, I won't. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there who will agree with me. I would love to play it!

xvfg9
6th Aug 2010, 11:49
you better f**king fix this eidos i watsed 35 quid on this game

Hoak
31st Aug 2010, 16:28
I have this problem now too with a clean install of the 64-bit version Windows 7 Ultimate... No games (of the hundreds I own) Steam or otherwise throw up error messages and I've never seen this Windows error message before. I've exhaustively tested my system's memory, pattern tested my HD, and looked at all my system logs for clues and possible sourcesthe issue; and everythign points to a bug where the game is trying to use memory improperly...

:hmm:

dragoonxx
20th Dec 2010, 09:03
I'm running into the same issue- Was gifted a copy from Steam
Operating system drive has 15.5GB free
Steam apps drive has 356GB free
other two drives have 142GB and 843GB free
nvidia GTX 260 Gore 216
win 7 ultimate x64
4GB ram, 24GB page file, I've tried running it when i've had 32% ram usage (just about the bare minimum I can get my OS to run with my background apps)

Cosmin3
25th Dec 2010, 13:34
A few months ago the game worked fine on my computer.
I don't have 3 GB RAM but I had no problem with 2 GB.
I played a few weeks and erased it.

Today I tried to play it again.
No matter what I do I receive the same message ("Not enough storage...")
3 differences since last time it worked:
1. 160 GB HDD changed with 500 GB.
2. I just installed Windows 7 x86 with latest updates included (mine, not from internet).
3. Newer drivers.

DirectX log: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?25kq0au0lc5x8v2

Does anybody have a (good) solution..?

crackruckles
27th Dec 2010, 12:18
sorry if this has already been fixed but i had this same issue with TF2, to fix it i used steam to make a backup of all my games and then uni-stall steam and then use a registry cleaner to remove all the rest of the reg keys and then re-install and restore the backup.

Hope This Helps

Cosmin3
29th Dec 2010, 23:36
I found why is not not working well on my OS.
Because System Restore is 100% removed (not just deactivated).

I have 2 rhetorical questions:
1. What do Just Cause 2 need from System Restore...? To make a backup..? :rolleyes:
2. Why not use a code that tries to get informations from System Restore and, if fails in any way, to continue normal running..?
What the programmers did is like programming a robot to park the car but without "telling" it to check if my house HAS a garage, so it doesn't try to brake the walls in the place where it knows the garage suppose to be :D
These days more and more computer users modify their OS's. In some cases it will be their fault that the game is not running but not all the time.
But I guess always will be some programmers who will say: "just install normal OS, I don't have time and resources to make my code to check for everything, I'm not payed more for this...".

animatortristan
2nd Jan 2011, 22:44
hey guys,
i had the same error message, and then what i did to remove the problem was in steam i 'verified' the program.
Then once it was finished, i realised that it updated another 18 or so meg, then when i opened it, it didnt show the same error..

but the 'need a new version of windows' :eek:

so its a game i have for my next pc... :hmm:

hope verifying works for you guys. (usually if the problem didnt get solved, it would be still saying the same error message, but it didnt. so my conclusion is that its fixed.)

Cosmin3
3rd Jan 2011, 05:15
After dozens of tests, I found another 2 components which, if they are removed completely from Windows 7 DVD, make the game to show this error:
Windows Sidebar
Windows Games
Again rhetorical: Why Just Cause 2 need them...?

Olaf16
3rd Jul 2011, 12:10
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=118466

Got this **** Problem to. Any help from EIDOS?

Olaf16
6th Jul 2011, 13:02
Hello?

Scorch1138
12th Jul 2011, 06:20
Hello?

Ediods is not here at the moment, Please hang up and try again.

angel14
12th Aug 2011, 22:13
I had this problem for a WHOLE year! I had tryed everything I knew and everything I found on Internet.And now after a year I finally found a SOLUTION! As you all know this is not a RAM/HDD problem.Anyway here is the solution:First of all this message is misleading.I have Windows 7 and I had removed some components to make windows lighter.As it seems I had removed Windows Game Explorer and Just Cause 2 for some odd reason can't run without it.Turn Windows Features On/Off doesn't work when you've completely removed the functionality of something from the windows install.So you have to install Windows Game Explorer in order to get the game working.I have found an installer http://www.win2008workstation.com/fo...php?f=25&t=927 but didn't woked for me.So if this doesn't work try this:http://www.multiupload.com/V2TAO3001X or this http://www.multiupload.com/AMS6VI6I1THope it helps.

(Sorry for the long and boring message and sorry for my bad english. I'm from Greece)

Browser
1st Jul 2012, 13:26
This is what you get when games use that Games for Windows live nonsense.

You'll get this problem if it's been disabled or removed from Windows, to re-enable it run this command

For 32bit run
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\gameux.dll

For 64bit run
regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\gameux.dll

If you've done something else to disable that crap undo it to play the game then just disable it again afterwards.

Also make sure the gameux.dll is in the proper location.

SentientAtom
12th Mar 2013, 05:41
The resolution to this issue is located at:
http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=927

At least it fixed my Server 2008 R2 "there is not enough space..." issue.

ostin_pr
12th Aug 2013, 13:19
The resolution to this issue is located at:
win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=927
At least it fixed my Server 2008 R2 "there is not enough space..." issue.
Thanks. I've found this advice as very helpful to solve such a problem that I also faced.

adam20101
22nd Nov 2013, 14:51
i have like 147gb more
wtf